005

My Lucky Strike

 

Mark looked at his food and just toyed around with the bits of meat. His father and Jinhee were chatting across him, he puffed his cheeks.

“Excuse me, samchon.”

He looked up.

“Oh, Jaehyun-ah, I was just thinking about calling you.” Mr. Lee smiled, Mark blinked at him.

“Hyung,”

“Ah, yes, about Eunbi,” Jaehyun said politely.

“She was just here.” Jinhee spoke.

“Well, we saw her downstairs and it was raining really bad. She just ran out, so I had my father’s chauffeur follow her.”

“Thank you, son.” Mr. Lee nodded, Jaehyun blinked at him.

“Ah, I can still call you that, right? After all, you are my godchild.”

“Of course, samchon. Then, enjoy your meal.” Jaehyun patted Mark’s arm before stepping away.

“What do you mean? Son?” Jinhee asked him.

“Ah, Jaehyun and Eunbi used to be together.” Mr. Lee nodded.

“Really? For how long?”

“I think almost four years, their whole college lives.” He said with a sad smile.

 

 

Jaehyun pursed his lips as he looked at his mother and the lady sitting next to her.

“It’s a trap. A trap.” His father mused lowly.

“You see, son, Jisoo here just got back from France, and her mother was a good friend of mine.”

“It’s nice to meet you, Jaehyun-ssi.”

“Same here,” Jaehyun smiled back, polite.

“Jisoo hasn’t been in the country for a long time, can you make time tomorrow?” Mrs. Jung pressed.

“Auntie, it’s fine. I can just~”

“Aniya, Jaehyun should show you around.” She nodded adamantly.

“Well, I,~”

“Hmm?”

“Eomma, on the way here, abeoji and I met Eunbi, she’s back in town.” Jaehyun said quickly.

“Really? Our Eunbi?” The Jung matriarch smiled.

“Smooth move, son.” Mr. Jung whispered before taking a bite of his salad.

“Something must have happened, eomma. She looked really…shaken, and ran out in the rain.”

“Omo!”

“I sent driver Min after her, I feel like I have to check on her.” Jaehyun reasoned.

“You should, what if something happens to her? Go then.”

Jaehyun nodded and excused himself before leaving.

“That punk, did he just use her as an excuse to escape?” His father chuckled to himself.

 

 

“Hyung, have you reached noona?” Mark asked as he walked towards the waiting limousine, he glanced at his father and Jinhee, the two were still chatting with Jaehyun’s parents.

“No. Just what happened?” Johnny murmured from the other end.

“I actually feel worried for Jinhee.” Mark stated.

“Huh?”

“Well, she revealed earlier at the table that…they were going to visit noona to surprise her after the wedding.”

After the wedding?!

“Yeah, and that just ticked her off. Noona…she was so angry, I was afraid that she might request a flamethrower again.”

So, what happened?

“She walked out, but luckily she bumped into the Jungs, Jaehyun hyung had someone follow her to send her home, but he’s not here anymore.”

Johnny chuckled.

“I smell romance.” Johnny mused.

“I don’t. I feel worried, what Jinhee just said…it’s wrong. I have a bad feeling about this.”

Johnny was silent from the other end.

“Hyung? Samsung hyung?”

“Well, you’re right.” Johnny spoke.

What?”

“I just a got a text from you sister.”

“What did she say?”

“Let’s annihilate my father’s fiancé. With love, Eunbi.”

 

 

“Ahjussi!”

“Young miss, you shouldn’t do this, you might get sick.” The man said as he joined the girl on her table, he had followed Eunbi to a mini mart.

“Young master asked me to follow you, would you like to go home now?”

“Aniyo, I’m fine, ahjussi. You can go ahead.” She said.

“But~”

“Thanks, Lee Eunbi.” A jacket was suddenly draped over her, she looked up.

“You can go now, ahjussi. I’ll drive her home.”

“Yes, then, take care.” The man smiled before leaving, Eunbi looked at Jaehyun.

“Why are you here? Dinner~”

“That’s why I said thank you.” He smiled and just pulled the jacket closer to her.

“Huh?”

“It’s nothing.”

“Was it a matchmaking session? It did seem like that. Dinner at some fancy hotel, your parents~”

“You are a genius.” He mused, she shrugged at him.

“You always did hate that kind of thing.” She said mildly.

“What happened back then? You don’t look so well.” He asked gently.

“Abeoji..and that woman, they had it all planned. Getting married without telling me. That woman even had the guts to smile happily as she told me their plans.”

Jaehyun paused.

“What?”

“The plan was,” She sniffed.

“They were going to visit me after the wedding to surprise me.” She raised her middle finger up briefly.

“That’s….wrong.” Jaehyun stated and glanced at her.

“You know what, sitting here, realizing that my clutch got wet, so my cash…well, got soaked. And I forgot to activate my credit cards for usage here…I realized I need a car.”

“The one you used to~”

“I gave it to Mark.” She frowned.

“Hey, it’s going to be fine. You’re here now, you can control everything.” He nudged her.

“I know, but…my father would actually lie and keep things from me…It’s just..not like him, you know?”

Jaehyun nodded.

“And I don’t know what to do, but one thing’s for sure though,” She stated.

“I don’t like her. I want her out.”

“Eunbi, you~”

“So, are you going to help me get a car tomorrow?” She asked him.

Jaehyun blinked at her.

“Yes, we are going to get you a car tomorrow.” He nodded.

“Also, thank you and you’re welcome, Jung.” She said, Jaehyun looked at her questioningly.

“You’re welcome. I know you used me as an alibi and,” She stood up, out of habit, Jaehyun pulled her dress down, the fabric had clung to her thighs. He paused and looked at her, but Eunbi just grinned at him.

“Thank you for still being friends with me, despite…the fact that things didn’t work out for us.”

“Of course. Now, let’s get you home. You’re soaked.” He mused before gesturing for her to walk, she looked outside, and the rain had stopped. She smiled and hooked her arm around his.

“Was the girl pretty? Your style? How about the bod? Did you~”

“Eunbi, please.” Jaehyun sighed, she chuckled.

“I can still bother you, right? I mean, I am Lee Eunbi, your headache.” She asked as they reached his car.

 

 

“Do I have a choice? Just get in the car, I’ll turn the heater on.” Jaehyun just opened the door for her.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++