035

My Lucky Strike

 

Jaehyun set the pen down and pushed the folder forward, he was in a meeting with JBG’s directors and branch managers.

“And, director,”

He looked up.

“About the recent move to purchase Zheng Industries,”

“I’ll be flying to China next week. I believe I am meeting one of their representatives.” His tone was cool. And unlike him, which made the others fidget on their seats.

“Do we have anything else to discuss?” He leaned forward and laced his fingers together.

“Director,” His secretary discreetly leaned forward.

“President Do called.” He whispered, Jaehyun smirked to himself.

“Then, this meeting has ended.” The Jung heir stood up and left the room.

 

 

Mark had just plugged in his phone to its charger when he heard his sister mumbling. He quickly ran towards the bed and halted.

“Noona?” He asked hesitantly.

Eunbi’s brows knitted together for a moment, she was muttering something in English then she opened her eyes.

“Noona!” Mark sighed in relief as she opened her eyes.

“Y—Ya, the room….it smells bad…Who chose the air freshener? I hate lemon grass.” She complained, Mark couldn’t help but smile and just take her hand in his.

What the hell? Why am I in a cast~ Ouch.” Her hand flew to her forehead.

“Noona, don’t you remember? You~”

Then Eunbi went still, her eyes searched the room and realized that she was inside a hospital.

“J—Jaehyun! Jaehyun was with me!” She started to sit up, but Mark pushed her back.

He’s fine. Hyung isn’t hurt. He was the one who brought you here.” Mark said reassuringly.

Eunbi slowly nodded and leaned back on the bed.

I’ll get you some water.” Mark said before walking to the fridge, Eunbi reached for her phone and started to check her emails.

And then she halted.

Here.” Mark walked back to her with a glass of Evian.

When you said Jaehyun’s fine, you meant this?” She handed the phone to him, Mark paused and bit his lip.

Well, it’s not like we can stop him or anything. Only you can.

Eunbi just continued reading the articles.

And Johnny hyung chose the air freshener. He knows you hate lemon grass so he thought it might wake you up.

Eunbi smiled before setting her phone down.

Mark, I want marshmallows.” She said.

I still need to ask the doctor if you’re allowed~

I’m hungry. I cannot wait.” She said crabbily.

Mark exhaled and just picked up his wallet and left the room.

She’s back.” He grinned to himself.

 

 

“Minjong?” Jennie voiced as she read the paper.

“Song Minjong. Apparently, Na Jinhee got pregnant early, she was around sixteen years old and her husband was a year older than her.” Johnny recounted, Haechan scrunched his nose.

“She’s thirty four now, so he’s…eighteen?” Taeyong picked up his sandwich.

“Yeah, he was just ten when he was sent to their relatives in Japan. He wanted to leave his parents because they always fought.”

Jennie set the file down.

“And then she killed him.” Haechan shook his head.

“He thinks his father’s death was an accident. And that now his mother is working at JBG to support him and his studies.”

“Lies.” Jennie said darkly.

“Kyungsoo hyung already has her, what do you think Jaehyun will do?” Taeyong asked.

“He’s going to use her son against her. Just like how Na Jinhee used Mr. Lee against his children.”

 

 

Na Jinhee sat down in the middle of the well-lit room, her hands weren’t in cuffs and that confused her. She was just heading out of Seoul when men in dark suits had stopped the bus and ransacked it. And then they walked to her and quietly asked her to surrender. She thought they were the police, she tried to escape them but they were too many and people were starting to recognize her.

“You aren’t the police!” She spat as the metal doors opened, two men in dark suits stepped in.

“This is illegal!”

“Really?” A familiar voice chimed, and then she saw one of Eunbi’s friends enter the room, her fists curled tightly.

“Do you really think he’d let you escape?” Kyungsoo mused, his eyes were on her.

“He? Mark?”

“Confess to your crimes.” He gestured towards the camera in the room.

“I’m not crazy. What you’re doing now is against the law, holding me against~”

“Well this isn’t working. This is the easy way though.” Kyungsoo shrugged at her, and then he stepped out.

She started to yell.

“Stop it. It will only stress out your throat.”

She halted, Jung Jaehyun walked in the room, clad in one of his usual clean-cut business suits.

“What do you want? Haven’t you done enough?” She sneered at him, Jaehyun took the seat across her, and there was a certain calmness about him that frightened her.

“Well, haven’t you?” He replied.

“Look at you, rich boys using your power to~”

“You don’t have the right to berate me right now, murderer. Confess to your crimes.” He leaned back on his seat.

“I’m not stupid. I know it’s you behind all those articles, using your father’s money to~”

Jaehyun stood up; the movement was so sudden that it made her jump.

“I don’t have time for this. You should have thought things through before ramming that car against Eunbi.” He raised one hand; the guard nodded and stepped out briefly.

“Are you going to~” Na Jinhee froze when she saw who entered the room. Jaehyun stood up from his seat and tossed a thick folder on the table.

“Eomma!” Her son’s eyes widened when he saw her.

“M—Minjong-ah,” She stuttered, Jaehyun smirked and opened the folder before the boy.

“Read this, and ask your mother about it. She’s the main lead in this story, you see.”

“Minjong-ah, don’t~”

The younger male pulled the files and started reading them, he saw the police’s logo on the papers and he started to shake his head. And then photos, testimonies and other evidences started to appear.

“You…You killed father?” Minjong was in shock.

“Minjong, don’t listen to them, they’re~”

“These are legal documents, eomma. I can read!” He stated and set the papers down.

“So it is true? I’ve been told about what you did, destroying another family and even almost killing another lady.” He looked at her, but Na Jinhee could only look at the glass panels, tears going down her cheeks.

“And, you even stole from them? What were you thinking?” He shook his head at her.

“Minjong-ah, you don’t understand, they have so much and~”

“Still that doesn’t mean you should do this!” He yelled back.

Jaehyun was leaning against the wall, his arms crossed.

“Did…you do all this?” Minjong met her gaze evenly.

“It’s not that, I did this all for you. So that I can send you to a good university and~”

“Even killing my father?” He spat, Jinhee looked away.

“Did you do all this, eomma? Just answer me.” He pushed the files towards her.

Na Jinhee started to sob.

“I can’t believe this.” Minjong dropped the papers and stood up.

“Minjong-ah, wait,” She tried to reach for him, but her son pulled away. Na Jinhee looked at him in shock.

Jaehyun pushed himself off the wall and walked towards the camera.

“It’s hurts, right? Having your own child find out how dirty you are.” He chuckled softly, Minjong stood up and looked at her.

“Son, I~”

“I will be the one calling the police to come pick you up.” He said flatly before leaving the room.

Na Jinhee started to wail, she kicked the table in front of her.

“He probably wont even come home to visit you in jail.” He mused, Kyungsoo stepped in the room.

“What did I say? Don’t anger him.” Kyungsoo muttered as he gestured for his other guards to stop in.

 

 

 

“Enjoy your stay there. I heard the food isn’t that bad.” Jaehyun took the camera with him before leaving the room.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++