034

My Lucky Strike

 

 

Kyungsoo set down the paper and shook his head.

“Jaehyun’s on the move.” Johnny spoke, Taeyong sighed.

“How is she?” Taeyong asked.

“There are guards swarming inside the hospital, Mark kept true to his word, ”

Jennie looked at her now empty coffee cup.

“Samchon is not even allowed to be with in three meters of her room’s door.”

“Is this..all Jaehyun?” Kyungsoo gestured towards the paper.

“Yeah. He’s revealed all her past crimes, from small ones to the major ones.” Johnny nodded.

“She tried to burn her in-laws’ house twice.” Jennie shook her head, disgusted.

“She stabbed her ex-husband in the heart. After that, she disappeared and she managed to trick government agencies ever since.”

“All these, Jaehyun got them overnight?” Taeyong was skeptical.

“You didn’t see the look on his eyes last night, it was rage. Eunbi….Eunbi got hurt in front of him, and he couldn’t stop it. He couldn’t do anything about it.”

“Still, with the media on this, people will ask for due process.” Kyungsoo took a sip from his coffee.

“Guess which corporation has the strongest legal team in our country,” Jennie spoke.

“It’s not even Samsung.” Johnny shook his head.

“Jung Banking Group houses the best lawyers and paralegals in all of South Korea. ”

“He won’t have goons after her or torture her, but,” Johnny looked at the article again.

There were old and present photos of Na Jinhee on the cover and a list of crimes in a timeline. The article even had proof of her stealing from HanShin Group ever since she became director.

“But he will destroy her name and make sure she will never recover from this, she wont even be able to look up.”

“She has a son.” Kyungsoo spoke.

“Dragging him into this might be a little too much, but he is her weakness. This will make Na Jinhee kneel.”

“He’s…scary.” Jennie shuddered.

“Touch Eunbi and you lose everything.” Johnny nodded.

 

 

Lee Jiwook sat down and leaned his head back on the chair.

He had just released a statement regarding the matter at hand and had apologized for all the wrongs he have been letting on in HanShin and his family.

“Sir,”

“What is it?” He opened his eyes just as his assistant walked in the room, he glanced to the windows and his eyes landed on the purple Lamborghini parked outside. His brows met briefly.

“News have been popping out endlessly, and all of them are actually facts.”

He nodded calmly.

“Sir, shouldn’t we do something? I mean, at least some minimal damage control.”

“Can you stop the Jung boy?” He replied, the male blinked.

“I know he’s behind this. Only one family has that much influence in the government.” He nodded.

“What shall we do?”

“I am waiting for the day that my daughter wakes up so I can ask for forgiveness from my two children and,”

“Thank Jaehyun for doing all this.”

“But, sir, we~”

“That woman doesn’t even deserve the comfort of being in jail.” He stood up and picked up his coat.

“Extend help to him if needs any.”

“To director Jung?”

“If it weren’t for him, my Eunbi could have died. So, help him. Have our legal team contact his.”

 

 

Jaehyun silently stepped in the room; Mark was fast asleep on the couch. He walked towards the bed and frowned when he saw her.

“Hi.” He said softly before pulling the stool and sitting down just beside the bed.

“You were right. It was all too calm,” He murmured as he took her hand in his, he looked at her face and felt his chest tighten when he saw her bruise and the bandage on her forehead.

“I’m sorry for not listening.” He breathed before bringing her hand to his face.

“You were right. You were right.” He repeated. He looked at her leg, his jaw clenched and unclenched.

“I will fix this for you. I will clean up everything, so,” He said as he pulled the covers closer to her.

“Open your eyes for me.” He finished.

He glanced at Mark briefly before facing her again.

“You need to wake up and tell me off for not listening to you.”

Jaehyun stood up and leaned over to kiss her cheek.

“She will get what she deserves, bb. I love you.”

 

 

Johnny looked up as his secretary walked in the room, Jennie was casually draped over the couch, looking at the news. And waiting for Mark to call her just in case Eunbi finally woke up.

“Sir, Na Jinhee’s son has finally arrived.”

Jennie bolted up, Johnny leaned back on his seat.

“What did Jaehyun say?” Johnny spoke.

“I already reserved a suite for him at Seoul Intercontinental.” Jennie announced.

“What is he trying to do?” Johnny murmured.

“Send someone to pick him up, we already spoke on the phone yesterday. He thinks I’m Mark, his mother’s future stepson.”

“Well, no future now.” Jennie spat.

“Anything else, sir?”

Johnny chewed on his lip.

“Still nothing on Eunbi?” He asked.

“I’m sorry, sir, but none. Miss Lee remains to be unconscious.”

Jennie closed her eyes and just leaned back on the couch.

“Good, have Na Jinhee’s son brought to the hotel, I will meet with him later.” Johnny dismissed the male; the latter nodded and left the room.

“What do you think he wants to do? Even having the son fly here.” Jennie asked.

“I think, he wants the son to witness all this.” Johnny gestured towards the screen of his laptop, another article had been released.

“It’s released. The murder details and the proof of her being behind the crime and the truth about Eunbi’s accident. She’s now also charged of manslaughter.”

“Fraud, murder, arson and now this. Wow, where is the Jaehyun I know?” Jennie exhaled.

“I’ve never seen the district attorney work this fast, Jaehyun must have put on a lot of pressure then. At this point, her trial will be finished in a day and she’ll be sent to jail right away.” Johnny shook his head.

“He’s kind of unpredictable now. Only Eunbi can talk to him at this point.” Jennie sighed.

 

 

Kyungsoo looked up as the door opened, Jaehyun saw him and the younger male nodded.

“I heard that the police still couldn’t find her.” The mafia prince stated.

“Nobody knows where she hid.” Jaehyun stated, Kyungsoo nodded.

“Ask them to stop searching. Let me look for her.”

Jaehyun looked up and met his gaze evenly.

“Once I locate her, I’ll bring her to you,” Kyungsoo promised.

“I’ll make some calls then, hyung. Thanks.” Jaehyun nodded and shook the older male’s hand.

“Good job by the way, revealing everything to the public.” Kyungsoo said before Jaehyun moved away from him.

“She deserves it.” He said simply before walking away from him, Kyungsoo walked towards the door and shook his head.

 

 

“Lee Eunbi, you better wake up soon.” He murmured before entering the room.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++