016

My Lucky Strike

 

 

“So you were informed about it?”

“Yes, samchon.” Eunbi nodded at the doctor slash CEO of Jeon Medical Group.

“Thank you for taking time to see me.” She added.

“Jungkook did mention you seem a little bothered by the sudden news.” He said with a smile.

“You have no idea,” She sighed.

“Your abeoji told me that he’d be visiting another doctor for a while actually,”

“Eh? He told you?”

“He did, he’s going at this new center in Songnam.”

“Songnam? Why of all places..” She trailed off.

“It’s a fertility center and~”

“What?!” She almost fell off her chair.

“Eunbi-ah,~”

“They’re trying to get pregnant?!”

“Well, that seems to be their goal.” The elder nodded, Eunbi sighed and just took out her phone.

“I think I’m going to puke.”

 

 

Mark looked up as Haechan’s sister pulled over in front of the bulding.

“Your sister is coming over in a few, or do you want a ride? We can drop you off.” Jennie offered as she slid down from her Mercedes Benz G Class.

“It’s fine, noona, I can~”

A military green i8 suddenly appeared, it was running on full speed that even the school’s security was chasing after it.

“Oh,” Haechan blinked, then Eunbi hopped down from the car, from the way her forehead was creased and fists curled, they knew something was up.

“How was the visit with uncle~”

I feel like I’m going to be sick.” She spat, Mark flinched.

Is appa~

“He is sick. Totally sick!”

“Bonnie, we’re~”

“They’ve been visiting a fertility center. A ing fertility center!”

Noona, we’re outside, people might~

“I cannot believe this.” Eunbi crossed her arms, Haechan and Mark looked at each other.

“They’re trying to be pregnant.” Jennie shook her head.

I should give them a surprise of my own them, in return for this disgusting I just found out.

Eunbi~

“It’s end game once they have a child together, you know what I mean, J.” She stated.

“I do, but~”

“Are you going to stop me?” She asked.

“Yes, please.” Mark murmured.

“Ani. I’m going to help you. Are we going to sabotage the party?” Jennie smiled. Haechan shook his head.

“I told you, the two of them being back in Seoul…” He murmured to Mark.

Let’s release the news about her then, the one where her bank accounts suddenly had more zeroes in it.

 

 

Jaehyun was reviewing some documents in his office when his secretary walked in.

“Is something wrong?” He asked as he saw the worried look on the male’s face.

“It’s all over gossip blogs and articles,” He started and placed his iPad on the table, Jaehyun picked it up and he halted.

“They’ve been digging up your past with director Lee, sir.”

Jaehyun’s brows met briefly.

“And, they even have old photos.”

Jaehyun looked at the photos, it was of him and Eunbi back in their college days, he shook his head.

“Have you reached Eunbi’s office?” He asked.

“Yes, the director has yet to be informed, she’s in a meeting, we are just~”

“Release a statement then,” Jaehyun spoke.

“Tell them that it’s true. Eunbi and I were together before and that we broke up in good terms, and we are still friends up to now.”

The secretary nodded.

“The articles also mentioned miss Jisoo, sir.”

He closed his eyes briefly.

“Try to lessen the damage as much as possible, Eunbi has just started working, this might affect her greatly.”

“Yes, I’ll update you once we reach her office.”

“And,” Jaehyun spoke, the male looked at him.

“Trace where they got this, the photos and the article.”

“Yes, sir.”

 

 

Eunbi leaned back on her seat, she smiled at the elder before her.

“It wasn’t long ago when you usually joined us here, with your crayons and snacks, now you’re seated here with us.”

“I’m still learning, thank you for taking time to meet with me.”

“It’s nothing, we know what you’re thinking too.” He nodded, Eunbi paused.

“You’re not sure about that lady, Na Jinhee.”

“Well..yes, I’m having issues in…welcoming her here and to the family.”

“We all know about that audit you are planning.”

She tensed in her seat and gave the two males a sheepish smile.

“Samchon, I wasn’t~”

“It’s fine, Eunbi. We understand your intentions and we know that you mean no harm,”

She felt her phone vibrate; she opened the message, her eyes widened. She stood up and excused herself from the elders before heading out of the room.

“What happened?” She sighed as she phoned her secretary.

“Don’t worry, director, director Jung has already requested the source which started this.”

Eunbi nodded and exhaled.

“Why are they digging up that past? Nothing good will come out of that.” She murmured before heading back inside the conference room.

 

 

Jaehyun thanked the maid as she set his plate before him, he looked at his parents, his mother was chatting with Jisoo animatedly.

His brows met briefly.

“If things get too much for you, tell me. Okay? I know it’s a family issue and it’s delicate, but you can always come to me for help. I’ll be there.”

“Is this your way of making it up to me, after breaking my heart almost two years ago?”

“Oops, I didn’t know you had a heart.”

“Between the two of us, you have a higher chance of being an ice prince, Jung.”

“You kept on rejecting girls in high school, turning them down on a daily basis~”

“Because you didn’t confess to me.”

“Heol, I have to do the confessing? No way.”

“I am way too busy for boys, even back then.”

His fingers curled over his fork.

“Son?”

Jaehyun blinked and looked up.

“I was asking how your day went, I saw those rumors about you and Eunbi,” His mother frowned.

“Ah, it’s okay, eomma. I’m sure we can resolve it soon, it’s not like we’re going to deny it.” Jaehyun said amiably.

“It’s crazy, why do they have to bring it up?” Mrs. Jung murmured, Jisoo nodded.

“Because Eunbi’s getting a lot of attention now, she might have enemies too who want to taint her name.” Mr. Jung pointed out.

“Eunbi can be a little strict, huh?” Mrs. Jung smiled, Jaehyun just nodded and set his fork down, his eyes went to Jisoo was nodding along as his mother spoke with her.

“Oh, right, the engagement party’s tomorrow, Jaehyun take Jisoo as your date.”

Jaehyun nodded back.

“Eomma, I’m going to meet up with Doyoung hyung and Jungkook, then, enjoy your dinner.” Jaehyun said, he stood up and stepped out of the dining hall.

“But, are you really serious about her? Is this some sort of…some relationship?”

Jaehyun reached the garage, he walked to his Lamborghini.

“Some?” Jaehyun echoed, he slid inside the car and started the engine.

 

 

 

“Lee Eunbi.” He shook his head before speeding away from the house.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++