038

My Lucky Strike

 

Six months later

 

 

“Wow, just by looking at them, I already feel awkward.” Johnny mused, Eunbi followed his gaze and shook her head.

Baby steps.” She nodded before punching his arm.

Mr. Lee and Mark were both manning the grill, the Lee patriarch was trying to chat with his son, while Mark remained unsure and careful of his words.

Who came up with this barbeque thing? You don’t even like the outdoors.” Johnny mused just as Jennie walked to them and helped setting the table.

They were at the Lee mansion’s garden, enjoying some sunlight before night came.

“Abeoji wanted to spend some time with us and our friends,” She said, she saw Doyoung and Haechan step out of the house, followed by a skateboarding Jeno.

“Well, it has been a while, huh? That incident did shock all of us.” Jennie nudged her.

“Let’s not talk about a certain snake, shall we?” Eunbi said, then she saw Jaehyun appear from the glass doors. She set down the plates she was holding and walked to him.

“Look at them, who would have expected that they’d be together again.” Johnny mused.

“I think they’re meant to be. Just the two of them.” Jennie smiled.

 

 

Hi,” Eunbi smiled before Jaehyun wrapped one arm around her waist briefly.

“I brought some wine, and just as you requested, cheap beer.” He grinned at her.

“Did you come straight from work? You look tired,” She frowned at him before loosening his tie and taking it off.

“Meetings, tons.” He shrugged, she shook her head.

“You? How’s HanShin’s president doing?” He teased before taking her hand.

“I’ve just taken over for three weeks now, I feel like breaking down.” She said darkly, Jaehyun chuckled and just kissed the side of her head.

“You can just marry me and you don’t have to handle all that,” He mused.

“And leave my poor eggbun to face everything? No, thanks.” She rolled her eyes, but she was grinning.

“Go say hi to appa, I have to check whether Haechan and Jeno already destroyed the flowerbeds.” She winked at him before walking towards the swimming pool, in search for the two boys.

Jaehyun just smiled as he watched the girl walk away from him.

 

 

Mr. Lee watched as Mark chatted with Jeno and Doyoung over some burgers, he smiled to himself.

“So, any progress?” Eunbi joined him at the table.

“He helped me out during grilling and we chatted for a bit.” He nodded at her, Eunbi chuckled.

“It’ll get better, appa. Mark’s the kinder child.” She shrugged, the elder smiled and cupped her cheek.

“Thanks for accepting me back, daughter.”

“We all have our moments, appa, yours was just..a little longer and a lot more..difficult.” She pointed out with a grin.

“This is your favorite, less onions, more cheese and more meat.” He pushed a plate towards her, she chuckled before picking up the burger.

“So, you and Jaehyun?”

Eunbi looked at him.

“Do you approve?” She asked before taking a big bite.

“Of course, samchon has to approve!” Johnny joined them, Eunbi glared at him while chewing.

“Who am I not to?” He nodded, Johnny nudged his friend.

“I’m happy you two got back together, Eunbi.” He looked at his daughter.

“Me too, I approve.” Johnny nodded, Eunbi just slapped his arm, Mr. Lee laughed and handed her a tissue napkin.

“Eat slowly. Youngho too, you should eat.” He patted Johnny’s arm and stood up.

“Thanks for this, appa.” Eunbi said, he just nodded and patted her hand before leaving the two.

“Finally, some closure.” Johnny smiled before mussing her hair.

“I still haven’t forgiven you for pouring lemongrass water in my room, you idiot.” She stated flatly.

You can ask Jaehyun to redo it, just like how he did with the pool.” He offered.

“I hate you.”

“You can’t live without me, though.” He shrugged nonchalantly.

“I’m starting to rethink that. I bet I can.” She mused, Johnny just grinned and bumped fists with her.

 

 

Eunbi looked up as Jaehyun joined her in the gazebo; she was sitting on the marble counter, letting her feet dangle over the marbled floor.

“Are you hiding out here in fear that your hair might smell like barbeque?” He grinned as he walked to her; he touched her left knee briefly before looking at her.

“Could be,” She mused back before pressing her nose against his.

“Looking at things now,” She started.

“I just realized how crazy it was when I first got back.” She nodded to herself.

“You wouldn’t even meet my gaze back then.” Jaehyun teased before sitting beside her.

“Who broke up with whom again?” She chuckled, Jaehyun just smiled and wrapped one arm around her.

“Thank you for coming back to me, my favorite headache.” He murmured.

“I heard about everything you did while I was…asleep.” She said.

“Dark Jung Jaehyun is someone I so don’t want to meet.”

“He can be pleasing sometimes.” He nodded.

“But not to Na Jinhee.” She replied.

“I’m no angel, Bonnie.” He said before sliding down the counter and lifting her off seat.

“Still, I kinda love you back, so I can let that go.” She mused.

“You kinda love me?” He snorted, but he was grinning back at her.

Yeah.” She winked.

Jaehyun just smiled before capturing her lips with his.

 

“I love you, Lee Eunbi.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

(08/11/17)

 

THE END!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!