023

My Lucky Strike

 

 

Eunbi was smiling as the articles started to pop out online, Na Jinhee’s sudden personal wealth going up, her bank accounts multiplied in a short span of six months but the most special one was what happened last night.

Everyone finally knew that HanShin’s children were both against the marriage.

She looked up and stared at the three-story mansion, its white façade was always maintained in pristine condition and the gardens manicured to perfection.

And the house itself made her remember a lot of memories. She slid down from the car with the fresh apple pie she had just purchased.

“Young miss!” A familiar maid rushed to meet her at the front door.

“Ahjumma, hi.” She smiled as she stepped in, the lady took the pie from her and led her in.

“Eunbi,” Mr. Jung greeted her with open arms.

“Samchon, I miss seeing you. Your garden is in full bloom.” She chuckled before hugging the elder.

“Eunbi!”

She looked up just as Jaehyun’s mother walked to them, she was frowning as she took the girl in her arms.

“Auntie, don’t do this, there’s no need~”

“I’m the worst, your eomma asked me to watch over you two before she left us. And seeing what happened last night, it made me realize I never got to check on you and Mark. I’m so sorry, dear.” She sighed.

“Auntie, it’s fine. We’re okay.” She smiled as they elder pulled back.

“You know, Jisoo right?” She said just as the girl entered the living room.

“Yes, we’ve met a few times.” Jisoo nodded quickly, Eunbi just smiled.

“Oh, Jaehyun’s in the kitchen. Go on.” Mr. Jung nudged her, Eunbi nodded and made her way.

 

 

“Your mom loves to make things awkward, but I love her.” Eunbi said as she strolled in the kitchen.

She smiled at the chef.

“It’s been a while, agasshi, I made your favorite.”

Her eyes zeroed on the lemon bars, she grinned before picking up one.

“I didn’t think you’d actually come by.” Jaehyun said as he sliced some vegetables.

“I was thinking about it, but then again, it’s your mom. She took care of Mark and I after our mother passed away.”

Jaehyun looked at her, he washed his hands and walked around the counter.

“About last night, I’m sorry. I didn’t expect Jisoo to react that way.”

She shook her head.

“I saw the news, how are you?” He asked her, Eunbi sat on the stool.

“I did that.”

“I know.” Jaehyun nodded.

“I meant about your mom’s studio,”

She exhaled and shook her head.

“It’s….difficult, Jaehyun-ah.” She said softly, she placed her hand on his shoulder, her brows furrowed.

“I am so aware that Na Jinhee may attack anytime, but I can’t do anything because my father wont listen to me. And if I do something bad, it might affect Mark too.”

“I already had someone sent over the past files you needed on her, it’s already at your office, I’m sure you can find something there.” He said softly, Eunbi looked up and met his gaze.

“You’re being awkward with me right now.” She stated, Jaehyun exhaled.

“Eunbi, I just told you I want you back last night, and yet you’re here, acting as if nothing happened.”

Eunbi smiled.

“Aigoo.”

“Ya.” Jaehyun protested, Eunbi just smiled before pulling him to her and wrapping her arms around his neck.

“Don’t be awkward with me. I…I still don’t know what to say to you, but, we both know I cant lose you too. Okay?”

Jaehyun exhaled and just kissed her hair before placing one hand on her back.

“So, now go back to that pork thing you cook best.” She chuckled before letting him go.

“For the nth time its tangsooyuk.” Jaehyun mumbled before going back to the kitchen counter.

 

 

Mr. Jung scratched the back of his head as he entered his house, he saw Jisoo standing at the gardens, she reasoned that she was just getting some fresh air, but he knew why the girl wanted to step out.

Eunbi was sitting in the living room, chatting with her wife and their butler.

“It really has been a while, agasshi.”

Eunbi smiled.

“I’ve been busy, I’m sure you’ve seen the news. And auntie, you were at they party too.”

“I was worried, I had no idea that things were that bad, dear. What’s happening?”

“It’s just…complicated, auntie. I don’t even know what to do.” She said softly, then, Mr. Jung excused himself and his wife and pulled her aside.

“Yeobo, what are you doing?” He asked with a sigh.

“Hmm? What?”

He glanced at Eunbi who was making her way back to the dining room.

“Inviting Eunbi over for breakfast, why~”

“Do you not want to see her?” She balked, he shook his head.

“Of course I do, but what about Jisoo? The girl knows about her history with our son.”

“Huh?..Oh…Ah, right.” She winced, he shook his head at her.

“I cannot believe this household.” He muttered.

“Food’s ready!” They heard Jaehyun call, Jisoo walked back in the house. Her brows knitted together.

“What if they get back together? What shall we do?” Mrs. Jung whispered as she followed her husband.

“This must be why Jaehyun wanted to discuss something earlier.” She added, then they reached the kitchen.

“Oh! Pompom!” Eunbi quickly squatted on the floor, Jaehyun had the white Pomeranian on his lap.

“What are you two doing? You’re not kids anymore.” Mrs. Jung shook her head at the sight of the two, plopped on the marble floor, petting her senior dog.

“Did she gain more weight?” Eunbi chuckled, Mrs. Jung glanced at the two again, then she halted.

tumblr_om9nhabf871uqjtywo2_250.gif

“Oh.” She mouthed, her husband shrugged at her.

Their son still looks at Eunbi.

“It looks like it, come on.” Jaehyun stood up and offered one hand to her, she grinned and let him pull her up.

“Jisoo, come join us.” Mr. Jung cleared his throat, Jaehyun’s brows met briefly. Eunbi just let Pompom run along before going to her seat.

The girl took her seat and smiled at the elders.

“So, any plans today, Eunbi?” Mr. Jung spoke.

“We have this emergency BOD meeting this morning, no surprise there though, samchon.”

“You’re going?” Jaehyun asked.

“I have to. Pancakes.” She said, Jaehyun pushed the plate towards her.

“Alone?” He asked again, Eunbi looked around the table, Jaehyun handed her the syrup and a banana muffin.

Mrs. Jung puffed her cheeks.

“I have to face this, I’m sure some aren’t happy with what I did, but meh.” She made a face as she placed a bunch of grapes on his plate before dousing her pancakes with syrup.

Jisoo just looked away and started to eat.

“But going alone, why not bring Mark with you?” He asked, Eunbi took a small bit of the muffin; she shook her head and handed it back to him.

“Blueberry?” He asked, she nodded before taking the new muffin from him.

“So, Eunbi,” Mrs Jung intervened, the girl looked at her.

“How’s Mark? I wanted to invite him over, but he said he has class today.”

“Yes, well he’s doing okay, I’m afraid things might take a toll on him.” She shook her head slightly.

“Jisoo here has plans to start further studies next month!” Mrs. Jung blurted suddenly, Jaehyun and Mr. Jung blinked at her, confused.

“Oh my.” Mr. Jung whispered to himself.

 

 

The BOD was a mess, between it all, Lee Jiwook sat down, unable to control the situation.

News have started to flood out, his fiancé was once arrested for arson, there were rumors speculating that she could be stealing from HanShin and the worst one was the she was just together with HanShin’s president for the money.

“Eunbi?” He asked his secretary.

“She’s on her way, sir.”

He nodded and leaned back on his seat, Jinhee was sitting beside him, trying to stop her tears from all the allegations being thrown at her.

And then the doors opened, Eunbi walked in, with a small smile on her face.

“Eunbi, sit down!”

She looked up, and plopped down on her seat and crossed her legs.

“Good morning,” She greeted the other directors of the board.

“What have you done? We know you are behind this.” President Lee demanded.

“Yeah, I made that very clear before leaving the house.” Eunbi looked at her nail beds.

“Lee Eunbi!”

“This is too much, you are going overboard!”

“Define overboard, president.” She mused, her cold eyes went to Na Jinhee.

“Listen to yourself, taking her side instead of listening to me, your daughter, who has gone overboard here?”

“I told you millions of times, never let personal issues affect work, I~”

“Oh, did you all hear about the arson case? Ugh, it’s scary, for HanShin to be linked to someone like her.” She spoke, the directors nodded.

“Abeoji, you’re the one yelling at me in front all these directors, so don’t lecture me on the whole personal issues is separate from work crap.”

“Eunbi, stop this.” Jinhee sighed at her, a perfect frown plastered on her face.

“Don’t talk to me, I don’t want to be affiliated with someone like you.” She stated, then her father stood up.

“I’ve had enough. You. Get out!”

Eunbi looked at him squarely, she stood up.

“But, president~” One of the directors started to speak, there was a soft murmur in the room.

“Get ou! You are no longer allowed to step into this building, you are no longer part of HanShin.”

Eunbi exhaled, and rolled her eyes.

“I cant be not part of HanShin, I’m your daughter. Boo hoo.” She made a face before skipping out of the room.

She closed the doors behind her.

Holy .

 

 

Eunbi stepped out of the elevator, she made her way to the lobby. She saw her father’s men clipping on wheel clamps on her i8.

“Okay, petty.”

She walked towards the doors, but a male had approached her.

“Young miss,”

He handed her a single sunflower stem, she cringed.

“Director Seo sent me.” He smiled at her, she saw the black Rolls Royce waiting for her.

“He must have found out I was just disowned.” She murmured.

“Thank you, I~”

“Young miss,” Another male was walking towards, she blinked and recognized him.

“Ahjussi,” It was one of JBG’s head secretaries.

“This, the director sent this.” He said as he handed her a black envelope.

Eunbi’s brows rose and opened it, two cards appeared.

“The pent house in Apgujeong.” He added helpfully as she picked up the silver card.

“I know.” She murmured, then her eyes landed on the black credit card. She grew appalled.

“Why that~”

A note was written on the envelope.

I know what you’re thinking. But don’t. Just take it.

I don’t care if you wont use it, but just have it with you, okay? It will put me at ease. –JJH

“Then, please take care, agasshi.” The male said before stepping away from her, Eunbi got inside the Rolls Royce and stared at the cards.

 

 

“So, what am I now, a sugar baby?”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++