011

My Lucky Strike

 

“Johnny!” Eunbi yelled happily, the employees at the lobby of Samsung’s office halted and looked at her. She ran towards the tall male and hugged him.

Hey,” Johnny asked skeptically.

“So, I made Lee Minhyung drive the i8 home because we are celebrating tonight.”

“Mark isn’t allowed to drive yet.” Johnny blinked, she shrugged.

We’re going out to drink, I already called Jennie, so let’s gooooo.”

Why are we drinking?” Johnny asked as they stepped out of the doors, his black Maserati was already waiting for them.

“Guess whose bank accounts have been constantly filled for the past three months?”

“Na Jinhee?”

“Yeah, I actually have proof this time. Abeoji will love it.” She chuckled before sliding inside the vehicle.

“What if it backfires? What if he chooses not to believe you?”

Eunbi grew silent.

“He has to. It’s so obvious, with the discrepancies in the company,” She said.

“I’ll help you if you need me. So, where to?” Johnny asked.

“Always.” She bumped fists with him.

 

 

“You invited her?” Jaehyun balked, Doyoung nodded.

“What’s wrong about that?” Jungkook asked.

“Ani, I was..” Jaehyun trailed off, he looked around. Jisoo had gone to the restroom.

“Oh,” Jungkook started to grin.

“What happened?”

“We met up at SNU earlier, Eunbi was going to pick up Mark. We ended up chatting, and…Jisoo said..she’s uncomfortable and,” He trailed off not knowing how to continue.

“Are you two really dating? Why is she acting up?” Jennie plopped down beside them, Jaehyun just looked at her.

“Look, Jung Jaehyun, I’m all for it if you wanna go out with this Pinky, but you don’t throw out your friends over things like that. Eunbi has always been your friend, despite being your ex, she’s always been there for you. And if Pinky~”

“Jisoo.” Doyoung said.

“Yeah, that, if she can’t accept that, why go out with her?”

“She has a point.” Jungkook took a sip from his drink.

 

 

“Hi, bunny!” Eunbi said as she approached Doyoung, Jisoo looked at the girl briefly.

“I have Samsung with me.” She grinned and she sat down beside Doyoung.

“How was your first day? Did you like the flowers I sent you?” Johnny mused, Jennie chuckled as Eunbi gave him the finger.

“Ya, check it out.” Eunbi pulled her hair away, revealing the off shoulder dress she was wearing.

“Oh, it’s that Jeffree Star highlighter? Damn!” Jennie grinned as her friend’s collarbones reflected the light from the bar.

“It’s pretty.” Jungkook pressed one finger against her collarbone.

“But, it looks too prominent. Have you been eating?” Doyoung challenged, Eunbi nodded before taking her drink.

“Jaehyun, that has something with strawberry in it.” She stated just as Jaehyun picked up one of the glasses.

“One sip and we all rush you to the hospital.” Johnny mused.

“Are you allergic?” Jisoo asked him, Jaehyun nodded.

“Strawberries, lime, and he can’t take anything that has mustard, it is~” She recited; Jennie nudged her, Eunbi blinked at her friend. Jisoo looked at away and puffed her cheeks, clueless Jaehyun just grinned at the girl.

Stop. Jisoo.” The Kim heiress mouthed.

Oh.” Eunbi nodded, but her lips pursed slightly.

“How about another round? It’s on me.” Johnny announced, Eunbi looked around them.

“I think I should go. I have some work to do at home, and I have to check on Mark, he went home first.” Eunbi slid down from her seat.

“Ah, right Jungkook-ah, can I drop by your father’s clinic tomorrow?” She asked.

“Yeah, sure.”

“Wae? Are you sick?” Jaehyun asked, she shook her head.

“No, I’m not. I just…have questions. You guys enjoy. And please, don’t let Jennie drink too much.” She blew a kiss towards Doyoung, the latter pretended to catch it and keep in his pocket.

Jisoo watched as the girl walked towards the exit doors, she smiled to herself before leaning on Jaehyun.

 

 

Mark leaned over the balustrade, listening. His father was beyond mad when Eunbi didn’t arrive for dinner. The three of them ate in silence and the only one who seemed at ease was Jinhee.

He heard the front doors open, Eunbi was chatting with the butler pleasantly, and then she stopped, Mark hurriedly went down.

“Where were you? Did you forget that we have a rule here? Saturday dinner here at home!” The elder bellowed, Mark saw Eunbi exhale.

“And, you smell like alcohol! Lee Eunbi, just what~”

“Abeoji, I don’t know if you really need me to say it out loud when the say actions speak louder than words,” Eunbi spoke as she put her bag down.

“I want that woman out of the house.” She finished.

“Mwo?! After that show you did last night, you still~”

“Yeobo, it’s fine, I can move out for a while and let Eunbi relax. I’m sure this is about the~”

“Oh, please, stop the drama.” Eunbi looked at her, she felt her father’s heavy gaze on her. Eunbi exhaled.

“Give our finance team a call, ask them about the reports I’ve been asking from them, appa.”

“What are you talking about?” Mr. Lee asked sharply, Eunbi saw Jinhee tense beside her father, she took out an envelop from her purse and placed it on top of the table in the middle of the room.

“Your fiancé, she’s been stealing from HanShin Hotels. And it’s not a cute amount too.”

“Lee Eunbi!” Mr. Lee grabbed her by the arm, Eunbi faced him.

“How dare you accuse someone rashly? Is this because of that damned pool? Why are you acting up? I already gave you everything! Stop acting like a brat!”

Mark walked towards them.

“Appa, noona doesn’t mean that, it~”

“Stay out of it.” Eunbi spoke, she yanked her arm away from her father. Her eyes went to Jinhee, who just met her gaze evenly.

“Get your act together, we are getting married next month~”

“Do you think I’ve already forgotten about the fact that I had to find out about all this by accident?” She asked softly, her tone deadly and eerily calm.

“Why do you have to know? Look what’s happening now, you’re interfering.”

“You’re doing the same. I can go out and drink with my friends anytime I want. And, don’t even try to feed me your cooking, Jinhee, I like proper meals, I can’t eat whatever trash you whip up in my mother’s kitchen.”

“Lee Eunbi!”

Jinhee hid her smile as the Lee heiress met her father’s gaze evenly.

“Yes, I am Lee Eunbi, I am still the lady of this house.”

Mark winced, Eunbi marched up to her room and slammed the door shut.

“You, talk to your sister.”

Mark looked at his father.

 

 

“Aniyo, abeoji you started this. You should have just at least listened to her.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++