033

My Lucky Strike

 

Mark pushed the car’s door open and ran towards the hospital’s entrance. He saw Jaehyun sitting outside the Emergency Room.

“Hyung, I~” The youngest Lee halted when he saw the blood on the older male’s clothes.

“Jaehyun-ah!” Johnny came running towards them.

No,” Mark breathed.

“The doctors are operating her.” Jaehyun’s voice was flat as he stood up and walked to them, his cold tone made Johnny pause briefly.

“Hyung…how…what..” Mark was at a loss of words; Johnny placed one hand on his shoulder.

“I,” Jaehyun looked up.

“I have to check on something. Call me if anything happens.”

Johnny was about to speak but Jaehyun had walked away from them, the Samsung heir watched as Jaehyun reached the exit doors.

Hyung, who did this? That car…it was reported that it just left. My sister is in there, fighting for her life!” Mark yelled in frustration.

Johnny saw two males approach Jaehyun, they bowed politely as they halted in front of him.

We will find out soon. Who ever did this, will surely suffer.

 

 

Jaehyun took off his shirt and stared at the red stains on it, his fists curled tightly before walking to the closet.

His phone started to ring, he put it on speakerphone.

“Sir,”

“Well?” He spoke as he picked out a clean shirt and a pair of denim jeans.

“You were right, I contacted Mr. Lee’s assistant, it is true that they have been having trouble locating one of their cars.”

“When did it disappear?” Jaehyun spoke, his tone cold and flat that it worried his secretary,

“Right after the meeting earlier. It was Na Jinhee who took it.”

Jaehyun’s jaw clenched.

“Good. Find her.” He stated.

“But, sir~”

“Find her and I am expecting our legal team to be in my office in twenty minutes.”

“Sir, at this time~”

“Will you continue trying to reason out with me? Make them choose, their jobs or their sleep.” He spoke.

“Yes, I will call them, director.”

Jaehyun grabbed a jacket and looked at his reflection.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you properly, Eunbi.” He whispered before leaving the room.

 

 

Mark felt numb as the doctors and nurses fussed over his sister, Eunbi had a thick bandage on her forehead and her left leg was in a cast.

“When will she wake up?” Jennie spoke, Mark walked towards the bed, there was a purple bruise on her cheek and more scratches on her arms.

“We don’t know for sure, but fortunately, the president was sent to the hospital quickly.”

Johnny exhaled and walked to the windows.

“She’s passed the dangerous stage, the wound by her hairline is pretty deep, but with proper care, it will be fine.”

“And her leg?” Mark spoke up, he held onto Eunbi’s hand tightly.

“It will take about four months for her to heal.” The doctor said, Mark’s brows met briefly.

“But, thank you, doctor.” Jennie bowed politely, the hospital’s VVIP team left the room.

Mark~

“Look at her, this would never have happened if~”

The doors opened again, Mark looked up. Johnny tensed and gently pulled Jennie aside.

“How is she?” Mr. Lee asked as he walked in.

“You!” Mark spat.

“Minhyung~”

“If it weren’t for you, this would never happen! If it weren’t for that woman you brought to our house, noona would still be okay! She wouldn’t be lying on that bed!”

“You think we don’t know? That was one of your cars! The one Na Jinhee stole earlier this afternoon!”

“Minhyung-ah, I have~”

“No, get out. Leave. You’re not allowed to see her.” Mark stated.

“She’s my daughter~”

“Guards, what are you doing?!” Mark called, three males rushed in the room, looking clueless.

“Send him out. From now on, he is not allowed to step in this room.” Mark said before turning away from him and blocking his view of Eunbi, the males awkwardly gestured for the elder to step out.

Jennie looked away.

“Jaehyun? He was the one with her.” Jennie asked quietly.

“He left. And we both know what he’s going to do next.”

 

 

“The car was abandoned at a nearby parking lot. And Na Jinhee is nowhere to be found” 

Jaehyun looked up, he drummed his fingers on the desk before speaking.

“Retrieve it. Check the CCTV footage in front of the mansion.” He said, his secretary nodded, then he diverted his gaze at the men and women inside the room.

“What is the matter, sir?”

“An accident happened tonight. And I want to fix it.” He said, they were stunned at the venom in his voice.

“What do you want us to do?”

“Na Jinhee. I want her taken down.”

The lawyers glanced at each other.

“Have the district attorney open up all her cases, arson, murder and also fraud against HanShin. I want the murder case to be reinvestigated. And reveal her true identity, it’s all been rumors up to now,”

He placed a clear folder on the table.

“I have proof that she changed names in order to trick the police.”

“But, director, this might affect HanShin.” One lawyer spoke, Jaehyun met her gaze.

“Eunbi’s father is no longer HanShin’s president. And you will also make sure that HanShin, Eunbi and Mark will not be affected by any of this.” He stated.

“Yes, sir.”

Jaehyun exhaled.

“And it was Na Jinhee in that car. I am sure of it.”

“Are you willing to testify against her, sir? In court.”

Jaehyun smirked.

“I want a public prosecution. I hear she has a son?” Jaehyun said.

“Y—yes, director.” His secretary nodded.

“Fly him over, I want to show him how special his mother is. A murderer, an arsonist and a thief.”

The male just nodded, he was seeing a side of his boss that frightened him.

“And I want her face all over the news now.” He stated before picking up his phone and leaving the room, they all let out breaths as soon as he was out.

“What happened, secretary Jin?”

“It’s agasshi, president Lee Eunbi,”

“What happened? It’s not making any sense?”

“Na Jinhee hit her with a HanShin owned car, the agasshi is confined to the hospital now as we speak.”

“We’ve never seen him so….angry.”

 

 

“Na Jinhee better be ready. This will be the end for her.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++