Old School

Trip To KOREA ♥

 

CHAPTER 9

 

[Jei’s POV]

 

I didn’t mention KiKwang right? It’s not actually important. He’s still the erted ahjussi that I know. An ahjussi that knows how to dance with deadly moves for addition. Keke~

 

 

 

TONIGHT, the company is going to have a Congratulatory Party for their successful artist – BEAST in a luxury hotel.

 

I throw random clothes in bed to find a dress fit to the party. I picked up my favorite color first. A blue bubble dress. It had a black ribbon tied in the waist area. Good thing I brought it with me. It’s for emergency purposes like this one.

 

Someone knocked at the door and opened it. The head of my cousin showed up.

 

“Sup?” I asked her.

 

“Is this yours? I found it in the box. I’m sure I didn’t bring this stuff.” She handed me bracelet made of bottle cap. I looked at it trying to remember f I do have one of those.

 

 

 

 

 

“What’s that?” I asked a 6 year old girl in front of me. The squeal of the swing beat as her squeaky footsteps came near me.

 

“It’s an exchange for the necklace you gave me.” She smiled and handed me the bottle cap bracelet.

 

“Thank you!” I grabbed the bracelet on her and put it right away to my wrist.

 

“Why is it a bottle cap also?” I laughed.

 

“My omma said that to call it a friendship bracelet, I shall put the same thing that you put on my necklace.” The long haired girl said.

 

Who is she?

 

She’s my neighbor, my friend and most likely a sister.

 

She actually came from South Korea. My mother told me that they moved in the Philippines since when she is still 4 years old same as mine. They moved here for some business matter her father is handling.

 

Unfortunately, she didn’t become my classmate. She’s taking a Korean lesson in her home. But since we’re neighbors, we played a lot.

 

We have different interests. She likes to sing a lot while I like to dance. Her parents and my parents are good friends too. We often had some intermission numbers in some occasions in our houses. And we really made a great team!

 

But then, she had to move back to the place where she first knew the word “HOME”. We parted our ways when we were 8 years old and promised to ourselves to be successful in our dreams.

 

Unfortunately, my dreams are hardly to come true.

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh yes, it’s mine!” I grabbed it from her hand. I looked at it for a moment. How did this thing get into the box? I’m pretty sure I didn’t bring it here with me.

 

“It’s seems really familiar. Where did you get it?” Vina broke the terrain of my thought.

 

“Remember Eun Ji?”

 

“That Korean girl? Yeah! She taught me some Korean words when we were little.” She smiled. “I wonder how she is now.”

 

The question made me thought it. It’s been 10 years. I really wonder how and where she is now? I’m not sure if she will still recognize me after 1 decade.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

 

[No One’s POV]

 

The doors to the hotel keep on reloading people from the outside. Many personalities can be seen. There’s the respected CEO of the company, Board of Directors, Stockholders, Influenced persons, Artists and staffs.

 

The party will begin in a moment.

 

The screen played a video viewing the members of BEAST in their times in Japan. Everyone applauded when the members got to the stage and introduced themselves.

 

 

The program of the party went smoothly. The people are grouping themselves. Some were talking about the drama that they watched last night. Some were laughing at anyone’s joke. Some were discussing business matters. And others. . . . just random things.

 

The Beast had gathered in a big table together with Kim HyunA and Kwon SoHyun

 

“Congratulations Oppas!” Hyun-ah and So Hyun chorused.

 

“That’s the nth time you congratulated us.” KiKwang said.

 

“You’re really cool!” Hyun-ah praised.

 

“Thanks!” Yoseob said.

 

“Where’s Jei ah?” DongWoon asked.

 

“She’s with GaYoon unnie. They get some drinks.” SoHyun answered. They all nodded. “O. There they are!” SoHyun pointed at GaYoon and Jei who were walking towards them with drinks in their hands. DongWoon got up and helped them.

 

They took their seats comfortably and started some topics.

 

“Yah! Do you about the Song-Song couple? They were broadcasted last night!” HyunA started the conversation.

 

Jei sighed in her mind. ‘Here I am again. Out of Place.’ She thought. She meet the 4minutes girls when Manager-ssi told her to inform them about their manager Mr. Jung who were sick that day. GaYoon and SoHyun became interested on her so they hung out with her when they have free times. They become close though along with the other members.

 

 

“Annyeong Hasseyeo sunbaes!!” 3 girls approached them as they waved.

 

“Congratulations Oppas!” They chorused.

 

“Thank you!” Yoseob again answered.

 

“NaEun ah! You’re so cute!” DongWoon made the girl wearing a simple white dress.

 

“Kamsahamnida Oppa.” She shyly smiled.

 

Jei was on her own world that she didn’t notice the 3 girls in front of her. And the loud music background added to her naïveness.

 

 “How about us?” The 2 other girls pouted. They all laughed except Jei.

 

“EunJi ah, how is your voice? Hope you learned a lesson now after eating that sour fruit.” GaYoon scolded her.

 

“Neh unnie.” She smiled.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

[Jei’s POV]

 

Wow! The stage is so nice!! I’ve been dreaming in my whole life to perform a dance in a stage in front of many people! I just wished that my parents will consider my dream someday.

 

 

“EunJi ah, how is your voice? Hope you learned a lesson now after eating that sour fruit.”

 

I snapped out of my fantasy after hearing a name. I turned to look at them.

 

“Neh unnie.”

 

“EunJi?” I whispered to myself. But I think she heard me calling her name. She turned her attention to me with a question on her face.

 

 

Is she the EunJi I knew back when I was a child?

 

Or she’s just a girl with the same name?

 

 

The others noticed that where staring at each other with an unreadable expression.

 

“Oh. I forgot.” DongWoon-ssi got up and introduced us.

 

“NaEun, BoMi, EunJi, this is Jei. Jei this is NaEun, BoMi, and EunJi from the soon-to-be-rising group, APink.”

 

“Oppa!” The girl right next to him named NaEun hit his shoulder playfully. “Annyeong!” She waved her hand to me.

 

“Jei?” The girl next to NaEun whom I recognized as EunJi mentioned my name as her eyes widened.

 

The others looked at us surprised.

 

“Do you know each other?” DooJoon-ssi asked.

 

“Is it really you?” A lopsided smile appeared on my face as tears in my eyes are threatening to fall.

 

“JEI!!” She hugged me. “Oh God!” She sniffed.

 

I can’t bear it anymore. My smile widened as my tears started to fall. It’s not because of sadness, nor tears of joy. It was a tear for longing. Just a moment ago, the bracelet reminded me of her. And now, she’s in my arms.

 

“Yah! Why didn’t you call me!” She pulled back.

 

“Sorry. Situations happened.” I laughed as I wiped my tears.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

[No One’s POV]

 

A small silence was filled in their area as the 2 girls questioned each other. The moment they hugged, the tears are filling each and every one’s eye, can’t help to see such dramatic scene.

 

“Yah! Why didn’t you call me!” EunJi pulled back. It’s not a question but a protest.

 

“Sorry. Situations happened.” Jei laughed as I wiped my tears.

 

“Yah . . . . . I really missed you!” EunJi said gently.

 

“I missed you MORE.” Jei answered back. They took their sit facing each other. The others just listen to their stories with excitement and curiosity in their eyes.

 

How did you get here?” EunJi started.

 

“KPOP.” Jei simply answered.

 

“Oh. So you’re one of those crazy fans.” EunJi joked.

 

“Haha! Not REALLY.” Jei answered.

 

“How’s ahjumma?” EunJi asked. “OHH!! I really missed her cookings!!” She added with sparkles in her eyes.

 

“What cookings??” Yoseob suddenly gets in.

 

“Filipino foods! Like adobo, the . . . . chicken soup! Uhmm. . . . .” She thought for a moment. “Jei, what do you call those –“ She turned to Jei. She didn’t finish her sentence when she saw the girl’s face.

 

Jei’s face full of happiness turned into a melancholy one. Her tears fall down again once she heard the word “ahjumma”. EunJi called her mother ahjumma. Her BIOLOGICAL mother. And it reminded her of THEM.

 

“What happened?” EunJi asked. Worry and concern was drawn on her face.

 

“Hmm?” Jei quickly wiped her tears and looked at them.

 

EunJi felt that the girl wants some privacy so she excused themselves at them. They were on the third floor and it has a balcony itself facing the back of the building.

 

“They’re dead.” Jei simply said as her tears started to fall non-stop.

 

EunJi felt sorry for her. She hugged her tightly and let her poured out her sorrow. Jei told her about everything, from the time EunJi returned to Korea up to where she is now. They’ve good friends for 2 years and acts like their sisters so Jei didn’t hesitate to tell her all about her personal life. EunJi did the same thing to her. She often joked just to get back the happy and blooming face she just saw when they meet again.

 

On the other side, the table they left was full of sympathy toward the girl and at the same time, curiosity. After some time, EunJi and Jei went back with a happy face and seemed nothing wrong. EunJi noticed the curiosity on their faces and motioned them not to worry. They seemed get the idea. After seeing Jei’s happy face again, they don’t want to let it disappeared again.

 

“Where’s SoHyun and GaYoon unnie?” Jei asked them.

 

“Yeah, where’s NaEun too?” EunJi added.

 

“GaYoon unnie went to JiHyun unnie. SoHyun and NaEun have been called by ChoRong Unnie.” HyunA answered.

 

“ChoRong? As in Park ChoRong?” Jei asked.

 

“That’s right. Do you know her?” EunJi asked.

 

“I’m not sure. But I know a Park ChoRong in high school. She’s my senior.”

 

“Really? I heard that unnie did study high school in your country because of her father. Do you want to see her?” EunJi said.

 

“Ani!” Jei quickly refused.

 

“Wae?” EunJi asked.

 

“What’s the matter with ChoRong?” JunHyung asked.

 

‘Is it another broken hearted story? GOSH!’ HyunA thought and rolled her eyes.

 

“She’s . . . . . uhmm. . .” Jei hesitated.

 

“Annyeong Jei ah!” A sweet voice suddenly called up. But to Jei’s ears, it’s a scary voice indeed.

 

“Congratulations Oppas!” She said to the boys.

 

“Thank You!” Yoseob answered AGAIN.

 

“Unnie. What brings you here?” EunJi asked the woman.

 

“I heard from NaEun that you had a new friend named Jei. It’s so familiar to me that’s why I came here to meet her.” She turned to Jei. “Annyeong Jei ah! Long time no see!” She waved and smiled at her.

 

Jei let out a sigh in the back of her mind. “Annyeong Hasseyeo!” She greeted back.

 

 

 

‘I am so dead.’ She thought.