The Arrival

Trip To KOREA ♥

 

CHAPTER 1

 

JEI’s (YOUR) POV

 

 

“Hello?”

 

My mom called me. I promised her to call them whenever I took a step at Seoul’s territory. Yep! I’m actually at Incheon International Airport, 10 minutes after WE arrived.

 

“Ma . .” I replied.

 

(Ma/Mama = Mom in Tagalog)

 

I am actually born and lived in the Philippines, and crossed the air from there to here with my cousin Vina and former Professor. They are the reason why in my age, 18, I finally went here to see make my DREAMS COME TRUE!

 

Her professor recommended her to tutor high school Koreans in the subject English. Obviously, she’s the one who speaks English fluently in their class. And since that professor became my professor also back in 1st year – 2nd Semester in College and we became close, I ask her . . . . . . .no, BEG her if I could go with them and promised to help them in case they needed it! And since I’m the 2nd to the highest grade in our English class, hehehe. . .  more specifically Communication Skills, I promised to help them in case they were having difficulty.

 

I didn’t find it hard to get the permission of my parents since they know that I can be of good help to our fellow Asians. That’s why I love THEM! BEST PARENTS ever!! Beat that!

 

“Have you arrived?!” My mom asked as I rub my temples with my right pointer. I really have this . . .er, what do they call them?? . . . . i-don’t-know-if-it-is travel sickness. (?) I’m not used to riding plane, ship and even buses and vans especially riding it for a long time!

 

“Yep. I’m actually here at the waiting area. I felt really SICK so I ask them if we can get a little rest before proceeding to the next ride.” I turned to them.

 

“Where are they?”

 

“They go somewhere to get coffee.” I smiled while watching them at the vending machine not far away from the waiting area.

 

“Okay, take care okay? Don’t talk to strangers and especially don’t give your TRUST to a STRANGER. We know that you know how to handle yourself, and don’t skip meals.” She said it all in one breath. Yep. That’s my Mom!

 

“Opo.” (opo = yes/ok in tagalog)

 

“Take care, We miss you!” she sweetly said. Aww. . . . . they missed me so soon? Haha!

 

“I miss you too! Muah!” I gave a smacking sound.

 

“Bye. Love you.”

 

“Love you ALL!!” I then pressed the end button. Professor Kim and Vina walk towards me with coffees on their hands. I got up from my seat and smiled while approaching them. Vina handed me my hot chocolate. I grab it slowly.

 

“How are you feeling?” Prof. Kim asked me with a worried face.

 

“Much better.” I smiled.

 

“Good to hear that.” She said as she drinks her coffee.

 

Ooh. Did I mention to you that Prof. Kim is half Filipino half Korean? She teaches English and Foreign Languages specifically Mandarin and KOREAN in OUR school! That’s why I became close to her. I just also graduated from 2nd Year College with a subject of Selective Foreign Language and of course I chose KOREAN! Sadly, she wasn’t my professor in that subject. But since I got to know her in 1st year, I often visit her office just to ask her if I had a hard time in my homework in that subject course. And she gladly and openly helped me back, that is why I’m so grateful to her.

 

I turned and looked at the board which shows domestic and international flights. Hmm . . . another plane had just arrived from . . . . . . .  eishh! My eyes are starting to blur out my vision! Should I buy eyeglasses now??

 

Hmm . . . since it starts with letter “J”  . . . . . OH! I can see a letter “P”! Oh well, maybe it’s Japan. Yeah, let it be Japan.

 

“Jei! We’ll be going now!” Vina called from the exit door of gate 4. She’s waiting there with Prof. Kim. Wow! How long did my mind fly? I got up and pulled my luggage and started to walk towards the exit door.

 

 

 

****************

 

 

 

WOW!! How come there’s SO MANY people today?!! With some cameras and reporters and . . . . . . . . wait. . . . . . . GIRLS?! A BUNCH of . . . . .  GIRLS??? GIRLS ONLY??? What are they doing here at the airport this time? Wait. Is this some GIRL’S DAY?? Is there such a holiday for ALL GIRLS staying at the AIRPORT??

 

“What date is today?” I asked Vina in tagalong and my eyes are still on the girls.

 

“If I’m not mistaken, March 23. . . . . I guess” She shrugged as she answered me in tagalog.

 

“I don’t remember (south) Korea has this kind of gathering. . . . . . . at the airport?” She seemed confused too, since her last words are in a rising tone. I took out my phone and looked at the time. 10:07PM. it is the time in Philippines. I wonder what the difference of time here from there?

 

“Hmm . . . . maybe an artist is coming today.” I mumbled. “Perhaps international artist?” I asked them.

 

“Nope. Maybe just local. Look at what they’re holding.” Vina said while pointing at their postcards “It’s written in Korean” She added.

 

“Huh? Oh right. Haha . . I didn’t notice it.” I laughed awkwardly. My mind is seriously cracked. Back to the GIRLS. . . . . wow! Korean fans are supportive as much as I expected! They’re idols are living here yet they still want to see them not just in television but in personal! Do I really find it amusing . . . or just, . . . . obsession?

 

DO I REALLY HAVE TO MENTION THAT AT THIS CASE?

 

Well, unlike me I JUST traveled all the way here just to see my U-KISS’ OPPAS!!! Wahahahaha! Ehhem. So much with obsession!

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

Meanwhile, the exit door at Gate 5 started to open. Cameras are rolling. Reporters are getting ready. The fans jumped off their seats and started running towards the door . . screaming! Cameras started to flash non-stop as the persons behind the door started to walk out with a smile on their faces.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

“OOOPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!”

 

“SSSSSSAAAAAAAARRRAAAAANGGGGGHHHHAEEEEEEEE!!!”

 

That was just some of the warm welcomes they received the moment they stepped their foot.

 

 

“How was your debut in Japan?”

 

“How does it feel like to be on top 2 at Oricon’s weekly chart?”

 

“Did you really beat Big Bang’s record?”

 

“How did–“ “When do you–“ “Are you planning –“ “So –“

 

They’ve been thrown questions successively. All they did was wave and smiled at their fans ignoring all the questions. Their boss, in front of them catches all the questions. “BEAST will going to have their TV interviews tomorrow. We hope for your patience until that day. Thank You.” He slightly bowed and started to walk ahead. They got inside their van safely.

 

“OOOOOPPPPPPPPAAAAAA!!!!”

 

Fans started to push and pull each other, desperately wanting to see their idols. The van started to drive away.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

 

JEI’s POV

 

We arrived at the apartment we rented for 2 and a half months at Gangnam-gu . GOSH. The fan’s screams are still echoing in my head. Who would expect that they’re screams can reached up to here??! Kidding! Hehe . . but seriously! They’re screams was like hundreds of big size speaker raised to its maximum volume!! So much with that.

 

Feeling exhausted from the trip I laid comfortably on the king size bed and yawn . . . yawn . . . and yawn. And before I knew it, I was already in Dream Land.