Stories: 5 years ago (Part 4)

Trip To KOREA ♥

 

CHAPTER 24

 

 

[Jei’s POV]

 

KKKKRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG!!

 

“Ok class, that’s all for today. Cleaners remain.”

 

 

We all go inside the locker room to change our sweaty P.E. uniforms. I opened my bag pack to get my school uniform but my attention was caught by a gold lace in the very corner. I pulled it out. It was the Jae Oppa’s pocket watch given to him by his grandfather. It has a music note at the end of every hand. No wonder he likes music that much, but I didn’t hear him sing yet.

 

I frowned as I thought on how it made its way to my bag. Did oppa put it here? But I don’t remember he said something keeping it here for a moment. . . . Or maybe he dropped it here? Its good though, at least it wasn’t lost. Oh well, I’ll just return it to him later. I put it inside the bag and get my school uniform. I proceeded to the changing room and . . . . changed. That’s why it is called ‘changing room’ right? *nod.nod.

 

 

It’s weird. I’m pretty sure I have 5 buttons but why do I only have 4? I looked at the very end of the uniform to find the missing button. It’s really missing!!! A leftover thread said that his husband has gotten away. HAHA! Corny much! (>,<)

 

I hung my bag in my back and walk out of the locker room. The moment I got out, I saw a familiar back in front of me inside the gym.

 

“Oppa.” He turned around. I was right. I smiled at him but seeing his flushed expression made my smile fade. He walked towards me with the Jinki guy on his right.

 

“I saw it inside her bag.” The Jinki guy said. What??! What did he saw??!! Did he saw my . . . . ????

 

“What is it oppa?” My eyes widened as the thought of it came in my mind.

 

“Give me your bag.” He simply said.

 

“I . . .wha-” with a sound of nervousness and a bit confused, I stammered. I can’t give it to him! My wet baby bra is inside of it and it is private!! (=.=)

 

 

 

 

[Jae Soon’s POV]

 

“W-What are you going to do?” She asked nervously. Her actions made me suspect her. Please God! Not her! Please tell me that Jinki is lying!

 

“Just give it to me.” I commanded.

 

 

 

[Jei’s POV]

 

Is he mad? I’ve never seen this face before. Full of doubt and anger mixed with sadness(??). What am I going to do?! Just give it to him Jei is you don’t want to be scolded! But why would he scold me??

 

“Jei.” He said sharply and coldly. My classmates are looking at us now. It leaves me no choice. I handed him my bag and he grab it. He began scanning the inside. What is he looking for? Hope he won’t see it! It would be more embarrassing!! =.=

 

He stopped in the middle of scanning it. He looked at me . . . no, . . glared at me actually. What did he find? I’m now getting nervous. His look suffocates me.

 

“How did it get here?” He showed to me the pocket watch that he got from my bag. Ooohh . . . so that’s it.

 

“I don’t –“ Someone cut me off.

 

“*Gasp! She stole oppa’s watch!” A girl squealed. What?? What stole?? What are they talking about?!! Okay, this is really freaking me out! X.O

 

“I didn’t. It’s just . . . I . .” I am so freaking don’t know what to do.

 

“I saw her holding it inside the locker room and put it inside her bag.” The Jinki guy said. Wait.wait. Is he accusing me?!!

 

“I – That was . . .” I sighed. Why can’t I say something??

 

His gaze trailed down to the end of my shirt. I followed his gaze. I think he’s looking at my missing button. He then handed me something . . . it was my button.

 

“I found it inside my bag.” He said. I just stared at it like it was the first time I saw it. I couldn’t react. I think I now understand the situation. But . .

 

 

 

 “I . . I thought you’re different. You’re all the same. You’re nothing but a .” He said, then walked away.

 

My classmates keep on shouting and yelling accusing words at me. I ran as fast as I can. I want to escape from this prevaricate world. I want to find Jae. How could he not listen to me first?

 

My feet brought me to a girl’s rest room. I went inside and found it empty. I hid behind one of the compartment. I was shivering and my tears started to fall non-stop. Please someone knocked me off in my head so that I could forget it! It really hurts. It’s very different than punching bullies. It hurts in the inside.

 

 

**************

 

“Wow! You’re a pro!” Someone shouted as she entered the restroom. I can tell it’s a she because of her squeaky voice.

 

“Uwa! Choŭneyo!”

“Ara.”

 

So they’re Koreans. Wait, did I heard Cho Rong’s voice?!

 

“Hey! Stop talking Korean, I won’t understand.” The Filipino tone voice said. “So, Cho Rong, how did you steal it inside to him?!” Did she steal something again? Pft. That monster.

 

“Yeah! Juniors are not allowed on the 4th floor where Seniors are located.”

 

“First of all, it’s not stealing, it’s borrowing.” Cho Rong corrected.

 

“Ok. But how did you??”

“Yeah! And how did you put in inside her bag? HAHAHA!! If you only see the look on that freak’s face! She’s so freakingly freaking!”

“HAHAHA. She’s so busted.”

 

“Poor me. I didn’t saw the freak.” Cho Rong whined. There’s only one person who she called freak and that is ME. Others, it’s stupid. Wait . .  She . . ???!

 

“I got help from Jinki Oppa. You know that guy couldn’t resist chickens right? I told him to get Jae Oppa’s watch and to put it inside the freak’s bag in change of buckets of imported chickens.”

 

 

A round of applause, laugh and praises noise the once empty restroom. I’m not imagining right?? It’s that entire ’S PLAN! I almost fell on the floor due to my wobbly knees. I heard it all. I wish Jae Oppa was here, I wouldn’t have hard time to explain it to him.

 

Unconsciously, I got out of the compartment with a deadly face that made the 2 of them shocked and got scared except for the of course.

 

“Tell that to Jae Soon.” I sharply said as my left hand still holding on the door.

 

“Why would I?” She crossed her arms as she stepped forward. “You can’t always win Jei Merdiega. It’s my golden age right now, you . .” She pointed at me with disgust. “. . totally busted.” They laughed insultingly.

 

My nails dug in my palm. I charged at her, but before I could punch her beastly face, she got out something from her pocket that made me backed off.

 

“What’s wrong?” She said as if she’s worried about me. She’s holding a small knife on her right hand. The one you can buy in the street for defense purpose. She took a step forward and I did the opposite.

 

“What are you doing?” Said the Filipino girl.

 

“Stop it.” I said.

 

“Jei Merdiega . . . has aichurophobia.”

 

“What?”

“What’s aichurochu?”

 

“She has a fear of pointed objects, specifically knife.”

 

“Woah! That’s new!”

“I never thought our almighty freak has fear of a knife! HAHA!”

 

 

How did she . . .arghh! I hate this!! Yes, she’s right. My heart keeps on pounding as she keeps on walking forward while I stepped backward until I was pinned on the wall.

 

“Hold her.” She commanded the 2 and they hold me both sides. Cho Rong was only an inch away from me. She caressed my neck first as I trembled.

 

“You might kill her.”

“yeah, be careful.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’m just going to gave her a lesson . . . and a remembrance as well.” She grinned. “This could be a good spot.” She is talking about the place where place the knife. It was below my left ear.

 

“ . . please . . . don’t!” I cried. “Aahh!!” She turned my head forcibly to the right, making her see clearly my left side neck.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’m going to do it fast.” She said. She started to position the knife on me. I can feel the sharp point as I whimpered.

 

“Stop it . . . pleasse~. . .”

 

“AAHHHH!” The 2 girls let me go and I fell on the floor. I was panting really hard. My heart beat was not normal at all due to sacredness and nervousness.

 

“Let’s go.” Cho Rong said and they got out of the restroom.

 

I felt a fluid run down to my chest. I wiped it and saw my own blood. I sighed as I started to cry again. What did I do to punish me like this??!!

 

 

I got out weakly of the restroom after a flood of tears. I felt like I’m going to collapse anytime. My upper uniform is wet with blood. The cut wasn’t so deep but the blood kept on flowing because of the forces that my crying made. I don’t really care at all. All I want is to finish this at once.

 

“Jei, I’ve been looking for . . . . . . WHAT THE-!!” Elle panicked after seeing my situation. Her face was more horrible than I.

 

“Did you see Jae?” I said expressionless.

 

“What?!! Jae had something to do with this??!! I’m gonna kill that guy!!!” She was about to run past me but I couldn’t stop her. I’m too weak to do that. But as soon as she past right at me, she stopped.

 

“YOU!!!”  She exploded. I turned around to see who it was. It’s Jae Soon. Jinki was with him. I glanced at him and he quickly turned away. He can’t help me.

 

 

“Killing yourself won’t be able to erase your sin.” Jae Soon said harshly and coldly. Jinki was with him. I glanced at him and he quickly turned away. He can’t help me.

 

And that brings me to another tear. He doesn’t know a thing. He doesn’t know anything at all!! And yet, he still got the courage of accusing me?!! If he only knew! I WISH HE KNEW!!!

 

“YONG JAE SOON!!! How could you do this to her!!!”

 

“I’m sorry.” Did he just say sorry?? I looked at Jae Soon with mixed emotion. He looked at me straight in the eye that made me froze.

 

“Forgive me for trusting someone not trustworthy and for loving someone not worth it.” He said straightly.

 

I give up. I won’t be able to tell him the truth. It hurts. IT REALLY HURTS!! As if a million loops of wire are trying their best to crush my heart.

 

 

 

[Jae Soon’s POV]

 

It’s not that I didn’t love her. I truly love her. But this accident changes it all. I don’t know if she just played me from the start. I know we couldn’t love anyway. We’re different. Even though I finally loved you now. I felt betrayed.

 

“Forgive me for trusting someone not trustworthy and for loving someone not worth it.” I looked at her straight in the eye. It hurts me to say this but since I’m leaving and will never come back. I guess it’s the best way to leave you so that you can curse and forget about me.

 

Tears fall on her face. It hurts me even more to see it. It’s not my role to make you cry and be hurt.

 

 

I turned around. I can’t face her anymore.

 

“Jei . . JEI!!” Elle’s shout made me nervous. I looked back and saw her collapse.

 

“Jei!” I rushed to her and carried her. We brought her to the clinic. Elle was panicking and started to blame me. That’s right. Blame it all to me, so that I can feel better.

 

 

 

 

[Jei’s POV]

 

I woke up to find myself in my own room. What had happened? It feels like I’ve been sleeping for years.

 

“Ate!” (A/N: Ate means older sister in Tagalog.)

 

My little brother run to me and hugged me. “Are you ok now?”

 

“What day is today?”

 

“It’s . . . friday.”

 

“Friday?” If I’m right, the accusing thing happened Wednesday, and now it’s Friday?!

 

“You collapsed in your school and been sleeping for . . . .  2 days?”

 

“I got to go.” I jumped on the bed and rushed to change my clothes. I need to see Jae Soon. I still have something to say to him.

 

“But mama said to me that you still can’t go outside.” (A/N: Mama is mother.)

 

“I’m fine now.”

 

 

I rushed to the school. It was around 10 in the morning and it’s break time. I went to our classmate first to find Elle.

 

“Elle!” I shouted from our room’s door.

 

“Jei! What are you doing here?!” She stood up from her seat and run to me.

 

“I need to find Jae Soon. Please help me.”

 

“Don’t look for him anymore.” She scolds me.

 

“I have to!” I was about to run when she grab my arm and stopped me. “Elle!!” I protested.

 

“He already left for Korea.” She said with unreadable expression I don’t know if she’s happy for him or sad for me.

 

I pulled my arm from her and run away. I went to his house.

 

“JAE SOON!! YONG JAE SOON!!!” I shouted his name at the very top of my voice.

 

“YONG JAE SOON!! WE NEED TO TALK!!” I cried as the rain started to pour. But it didn’t stop me.

 

“JAE SOON!! IT’S NOT ME!! I PROMISED!!!” I pounded their gate and cried for him.

 

 

The rain didn’t stop until it was afternoon. It’s no use. Elle was right. He actually leave without saying goodbye.

 

“Forgive me for trusting someone not trustworthy and for loving someone not worth it.” Was the last thing he said.

 

 

I waited for a couple of minutes assuming he would show up. But even his shadow was gone.

 

 

It was starting to get dark when the rain started to stop. I’ll stop as well since our story already ended. It ended without a specific ending. I’ll just forget him like he didn’t exist at all. I burned all the memories of him from his pictures to gifts and remembrance. But there is only thing that I didn’t and couldn’t forget . . . it is HIS name.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Yeey!! Finally!! Past stories is over now! Let’s go back to present!! ><