Stories: 5 years ago (Part 3)

Trip To KOREA ♥

 

CHAPTER 23

 

 5 years ago . . .

 

[Jei’s POV]

 

“Are you ok now?” I asked him as I handed him the hot chocolate while he is hugging tightly to the blanket. He’s hands are trembling. I can’t do anything. And I hate myself for that.

 

He took a sip from the hot chocolate as he feels the heat of it down to his throat.

 

“What happened?” I finally asked the question that keeps bothering me.

 

“H-He . . . M-my . . . I . . .” He said as his lips shake.

 

I stood up and went to hug him from the back.

 

“It’s okay. You can explain later.” I hugged him even tighter as I felt his cold body. “You’re really cold.” Now, I’m even more worried. What the heck happened to him that made him become like this? I knew him as a man that would stand himself against everything but seeing him running with madness and sadness written on his face, it’s very different of him.

 

“Can I . . .” He turned around from his seat to face me. He looked at me straight in the eye. My heart sank as I see his eyes full of sorrow and hunger for comfort. He hugged me comfortably, and whispered something from my ear that made my heart beat unstable.

 

“I don’t want to leave.”

 

The beating was neither because of happiness nor nervousness unlike what I feel the first time I met him. It’s a sign of doubt.

 

 

 

 

[Jae Soon’s POV]

 

“I don’t want to leave.”

 

I had forgotten about the death of my grandfather when Jei hugged me from the back. I really want to be with here. But worries didn’t seem to mind me. The image of my grandfather was turned to something I don’t want to happen. We’re gonna leave this country. I’m gonna leave her.

 

 

She pulled away from me as she held my left cheek with her right hand. It’s so warm that I am ready to be melted.

 

“Look oppa, every situations and happenings are connected. If something bad happens, the good one is the next to move. I also don’t want you to leave, but you have to go home. The situation might hurt you, but something good will definitely pays you.” She said and smiled sincerely.

 

What goodness will bring after leaving you?? Will you . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . go with me?

 

The thought of it made me smile. It’s possible right?

 

 

 

I went home that same night. My mother run at me and throws me random questions. My situation is really questionable. My hair is still wet but my clothes have changed. It’s from Jei’s younger brother, good thing he has long and big shirt that will fits me.

 

“Your aunt said that the mail will be here tomorrow.” My father said calmly.

 

“What?”

 

“Your grandfather died while posting a mail for you. He put his sweat and blood just for to innovate it. I still didn’t know what it was. But it was something that he cherishes since he was a child.” He explained. “I tried to tell you but you run away.”

 

What was I thinking? I have been saying bad things about him, and blamed him for his death but all he did was for me. I can’t believe it. I can’t believe myself!

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Ding Dong

 

“Delivery!~” The date of the delivery came. I jumped off my bed as I heard a man’s voice. I looked at the wall clock and noticed that it was already 9 in the morning. I have no choice but to be absent in our morning class. I went down the kitchen and found a box in the dining table while my mom is getting a food from the fridge.

 

“Is this it?” I asked as I pointed at the box.

 

“Yes. Go ahead, open it.”

 

I did as what she said. I opened it slowly and a drum rolling in suspense would be heard inside my chest.

 

 

****************

 

Afternoon. I came to class early with Jinki. We still have 30 minutes before the bell rings. So early right? Jinki actually came to our house to eat lunch. He didn’t hesitate when he found out that we have chicken for lunch. This guy is really obsessed with chickens, but couldn’t recognize the chicks that follow him all day. He’s really insensitive towards the feeling of others.

 

“What you got there?” He asked as we seated.

 

“This? It’s from grandpa.” I showed him what I’ve been holding all the way here. It is a pocket watch tied as a necklace with a quarter note displayed in the end of each hands. The necklace is also made of different music symbols and signs. He knows that I love music. He knows me that much than my very own parents.

 

 

“You better hide it, some of your fans might steal it from you.” He joked. But it was true actually. Some thieves steal some of my stuffs, and they are girls actually. The word “thieves” is kinda mean right? But it is pertaining to someone who takes your stuffs secretly or without permission. I’m a witness to some of those. I remembered one.

 

 

It was on Junior year. I was in my English class when I noticed that my notebook is missing inside my backpack. I am very sure that I put it in there since I don’t usually touch it except for this class. I frantically searched it in my small bag pack. The project proposal for the English club was all written there and since I am the president of the club, I have to report it today.

 

I was scolded by my teacher because of my irresponsibility. I was walking to the library with our secretary to do the proposal again. I was about to get inside the library when I noticed girls chatting and giggling behind me while walking towards the library’s door.

 

“Jae Soon oppa gave it to you?” I recognized that they were Koreans because of their language. What did I give to someone? Unconsciously, I turned myself to face the girls and that made them shocked.

 

“Oppa!” The girl in the middle gasped. They are 3 of them, based on the color of their IDs which is yellow, I bet they’re sophomores. The girl in the middle quickly put her hands in her back while holding something. But because of his fast and hard movement, the thing flew at they’re left side which is my right side. It was a notebook. My eyes widened when I recognized it. It’s mine. It is my English notebook.

 

I picked it and wondered how they get this?! ‘I gave her this?’

 

“What the f– How on earth did you –“ My blood is rising due to the situation.

 

“I’m sorry oppa! I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to –“

 

 

-SLAP-

 

 

I wasn’t able to control my anger.

 

“Thieves.” I growled.

 

After that, I now understand the story why some of my stuffs keep on missing like a bubble. I almost believe about a ghost that take your things and hide it somewhere.

 

I viewed girls as that. Not until I found this unique girl that made my heart becomes abnormal.

 

 

 

 

[Cho Rong’s POV]

 

Rumors about Jae Soon oppa and some freaking freshman dating spread like fire. I can’t believe that the girl I actually hates will soon-to-be-girlfriend of my beloved man. I DON’T, I CAN’T, and I WON’T ACCEPT IT! She is no different from the other girls. She is also totally obsessed of MY Jae Soon Oppa! She’s just acting innocent to capture men and actually catches the big fish!

 

************

 

I finished my lunch inside the office of Mathematics Club since I have to finish some stuffs. I still have 30 minutes before the bell rings and began scanning every room on the 4th floor. That is where the seniors are taking up classes. That is where Jae Soon Oppa’s classroom is located. I stroll the hallway as I thought of ideas on how to win Oppa’s heart and kicked out the freaking freshman out of our life.

 

My mind was occupied by the thoughts of it until I heard Jinki Oppa’s voice. He is the second most popular boy in our building next to Jae Soon Oppa.

 

“What you got there?” I took a peak on the window of the door.

 

“This? It’s from grandpa.” He showed to him an antique watch.

 

“You better hide it, some of your fans might steal it from you.” Jinki oppa chuckled. Steal??

 

 

. . . . .

 

 

A brilliant idea popped out of my mind. Don’t forget to emphasize the word BRILLIANT. *smirk.

 

“What is a junior student doing here?” My body automatically turned to my back and saw the Senior President with his hands on his waist.

 

“ah . . I-I was instructed by Mr. Shin to bring some papers to the Department Head.” I lied. I bowed and walked past him not even waited for his words. Why waste my time to him? I have to waste it in my BRILLIANT plan! *evil laugh.

 

 

 

 

[Jei’s POV]

 

“I heard that your BOYFREIND is absent today.” Elle said. She is my classmate and we became close because of one of Cho Rong’s bully. I save her from the monster. Well, I guess that Cho Rong is good after all. She actually let me meet a sweet and nice girl.

 

She knew about the thing between me and Jae Oppa. She sometimes teases me but often scolds me why in this big world, full of nice and gentlemen did I fall in love with him.

 

“He needs a break.” I said. “Let’s go.”

 

Since Jae Oppa was not around, she decided to walk with me to school today.

 

In our way to school, we saw a boy bullying a little girl, but it’s funny how the boy reacted when he saw us looking at their direction. He run away with the girl’s lollipop. The little girl cried even more. Couldn’t help the pity towards her, I approached her and sits in front of here.

 

“Here.” I handed her my key chain doll that one of my suitors gave to me before I met Jae Oppa.

 

“Yey! Thanks ate.” The little girl smiled and run away happily.

 

“If I’m right, that doll was given to you by Richard Flores. *gasp! Why did you give it away?!! He was the coolest and smartest guy in our department!!” She complained.

 

“I think it’s better to give it to her. I was actually planning to throw it anyway.” I smirked and we began to walk again.

 

 

*************

 

“I really hate your boyfriend.” She said when we arrived at the school’s gate. I looked at her while waiting for the continuation. She always says that but with different reasons.

 

“Why?”

 

“I hate him for changing you.”

 

“Hmm?” I didn’t get her. Did I really change?

 

“I miss the Jei I loved so much. I miss Jei as a strong, brave and cold girl.” She looked at me. “I still remember you saying after saving me. . . instead of saying ‘are you ok? Did they hurt you? Don’t worry, it’s going to be alright.’ You said, ‘If you don’t have the courage, don’t stand against her. You will look like a fool.’ The way you console that little girl, it’s so unlikely you.” She stuck her tongue at me.

 

I just laughed at how she acts to the situation. Maybe I do change a little. From tough to soft, but I couldn’t help it. People change. It’s natural.

 

 

 

 

 

[Jae Soon’s POV]

 

Krrrriiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggg!

 

Lunch time.

 

I hurriedly went to the building where Jei is attending. Many eyes landed on me. Squeal can be heard from girls. I just ignored them and focused my attention on the doors. Then, there she came. I run towards her happily.

 

“Ann –“ She was about to greet me but has been cut the moment I hugged her.

 

Cheers and amazement can be heard in the background.

 

“Oppa?”

 

I don’t care if there are so many people around us. I just want to hug her. I wanted to thank her. She was right last night.

 

 

We both eat our lunch together. I showed to her the pocket watch that my late grandfather gave to me.

 

“So, have you been studying Korean?” I changed the subject.

 

“I was about to greet you in Korean lately but you stopped me.” She pouted.

 

“The note?”

 

“Hmm? I’m just starting to learn Korean characters. I don’t want to ask some Korean people to read it for me. I want to know and read it by myself.” She smiled. Her greediness made me pinched her cheeks.

 

“Ahh! I hate you!” She protested.

 

“You can’t hate me.”

 

“Why not?!”

 

“Because you’re deeply in love with me.”

 

“Unfortunately, I’m the only one who feels that way.” She rolled her eyes.

 

“That’s right . . .”

 

She shrugged. I move my seat a bit closer to her and leaned to her ears.

 

“coz I’m crazy for you.” I whispered seductively. She didn’t look at me. She just focused her gaze on the ground and so I pulled back.

 

 

 

“Liar.” She finally said after finishing her water.

 

“You want proof? Come here.” I cupped her both cheeks with my hand and I lower the distance between our faces.

 

“HEY! PDA is not allowed inside the canteen!” I stopped in the middle of doing it but not even pulling back. I turned my head to see the tall man with his small eyes, wide smile and white teeth. I glared at him but he ignored it. He went to Jei’s side and displayed his hands in front of her.

 

“Hi! I’m Lee Jinki!” Jei was about to shake his hands but I immediately pulled her out of the canteen. That intruder!

 

I released her hand the moment we got into an empty gymnasium.

 

“There’s no one here. Let’s just go back to our rooms.” She turned away but I immediately grabbed her arm and turned her to face me.

 

“That’s good news then.” I smirked.

 

“Hmm?” She raised her eyebrows.

 

“Meaning, you’re all mine.” I stepped forward but didn’t look away.

 

“W-What are you talking about?” She stepped back and avoided my gaze and the nervousness can be felt in her voice.

 

*thud.

 

She was pinned in the wall. I even put both of my hands on the wall side by side so that she couldn’t escape from me. I lowered my head but she still didn’t want to look up and so I hold her chin and raised it up. Our faces are so close to each other. I looked at her straight in the eye but only for a short time. My gaze automatically went down as soon as it landed to her pink lips.

 

“I love pink.” I whispered for the last time. She close her eyes slowly as I close our distance. Our heart beats can be heard inside the silent gym. Our lips was about to meet when –

 

 

KRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!

 

Freshmen students came running inside the gym. Our instinct made ourselves pulled away from each other. Dammit!! We were this close!! I was so irritated that unconsciously I let out a big sigh that made her chuckled. I looked at her with disappointment in my eyes.

 

“I forgot, we have P.E. class today.” She said.

 

She leaned to my ears and whispered something. “Better luck next time.” She smiled then skipped her way to the locker room.

 

 

*************

 

I went back to our classroom lamely. The intruder blocked me from getting inside the door.

 

“Here. You forgot this in the canteen.” He handed me my bag. Oh yea, I forgot to bring it with me because of my sudden actions and because of him!

 

 

*************

 

Afternoon class has ended. I scanned my bag to find my watch when I noticed that it wasn’t inside my pocket. I almost let all the things inside the bag out but I didn’t find it. Where could that be?! Is some fangirls stole it?!! I looked for Jinki but I he wasn’t here anymore.  Stood up but something fell on the ground and I bet it was from my bag. I picked it up and started to run my way to the canteen where I left my bag. It must be there somewhere!

 

I looked around inside the canteen. There’s none. I ruffled my hair in irritation. I can’t lose it! It’s so important to me!!

 

“Jae!” Jinki run towards me sweating and panting.

 

“What happened to you?”

 

“I . . . .hahh . . . saw your pocket watch . . . hahh. . .”

 

“What? WHERE?!”

 

“ . . hahh . . Jei . . .”

 

What? Jei?

 

“Jei has it. Did you by chance give it to her?”

 

“I . . . didn’t. . . . Where did you see her?”

 

“Gym.” It couldn’t be her. It’s impossible!

 

 

 

I run to the gym. The students are now cleaning. I looked around but I didn’t find her.

 

“AAAHHH!! It’s JAE SOON OPPA!!” some girl screamed. Since she’s only a meter away, I approached her.

 

“Where’s Jei?” She didn’t answer. She just stared at me and froze. Yah! This is not the time to fantasize me!! >:\

 

 

“Oppa.” I heard her voice in my back.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

WAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Sorry for the late update!! It won’t happen again!! >,<

Here’s a triple update for you guys. Enjoy reading! :)