Stories: 5 years ago (Part 2)

Trip To KOREA ♥

 

CHAPTER 22

 

 

5 years ago . . .

 

[Jae Soon’s POV]

 

“Here.” I handed her a piece of paper folded into two. It was the week after our confessions. We started hanging out and we become closer than before. I even become sweeter to her. Day by day, I gave her surprises, whch make me satisfied of her smiles and joy.

 

“What’s this?” She asked while staring at the paper.

 

“Find it yourself.” I smiled at her. She looked up at me with curiosity and then she began opening the paper.

 

 

사랑해요 !

 

 

“What’s this? You do know I don’t speak and read Korean right?”

 

“Yeah, I know. That’s why, I want you to find it out.” Since we have different culture, we speak in English. It’s good though, I can improve my English.

 

“Ok. I’ll learn Korean for you, but you have to learn Tagalog too for me.” She pouted.

 

“Deal.”

 

 

 

We still have afternoon classes and so I kissed her forehead before leaving. I saw here blushed but she avoided my gaze. She better practice to cool her cheek everytime I kissed her forehead, because once we’re officially girlfriend-boyfriend, it’s not her cheek anymore.

 

 

“Yah!! You are reeeeally into her!” Jinki said with exaggerating action. He is my closest friend but I didn’t still introduced him to Jei-ah. Our fathers are business partners in this country that’s how we know each other.

 

I didn’t mind him. I just walked straight t my seat and opened the book in my desk.

 

“Yah, when will you introduce me to your girlfriend?” He sat beside me. I couldn’t help but smile because of the word ‘your girlfriend’.

 

“Oh yea, I almost forgot.”

 

“Yah! Why are you forgetting me nowadays??! I’m going to hate that girl!” He stomped his feet just like a child.

 

I gave him a death glare. Who is he to hate her?!

 

“O-or not.”

 

 

 

I arrived at our house’s gate and noticed that there is an unfamiliar car that was parked inside. We have a guest? Who is it?

 

“Do we really have to inform him?” I heard my mom’s voice sounded a bit worried.

 

“We have to, we can’t leave him here.”

 

“But he’s now enjoying here.” I think I got the point of what they’re talking about. I went inside that made them shocked of my sudden entrance.

 

“Jae Soon..” My mom said.

 

“Are we leaving?” I heavily asked.

 

My father, leaning on the wall with his arms crossed in his chest sighed. He started to walk towards me. “Your aunt called us t inform that . . . your grandfather died a while ago.”

 

Leaving this country wasn’t the only thing that shocked and worried me, hearing the death of my grandfather broke my heart. He was actually the closest person to me inside the family. He cared at me a lot. We have lots of memory together when I was still a child. The last time I saw him was 3 years ago. He was still strong and healthy that time. Then why is he dead now?

 

“He got a heart attack while post–“

 

That even breaks my heart. Couldn’t be able to hear the story, I rushed outside the house and run nowhere. I don’t know and I don’t care where my feet will bring me. I want to go somewhere where I can calm my heart! But I can’t even think of anything. I’m mad at him! I’m angry at my grandfather! Is he still obsessed of collecting those old postage stamps?!! He might been skipping dinner and forgotten about his health. He’s pathetic!

 

 

“Jae Soon Oppa!” Someone called me. I turned around to see a girl holding an umbrella. It’s already evening and the rain is pouring and I didn’t even notice that. I can’t recognize the girl’s face since it’s already dark and the light from the street lamp strikes the top of the umbrella making the under of it not visible.

 

I watch the girl running towards me until I can totally see her face.

 

“Oppa! What happened? You’re totally drenched. Why are you running in –“

 

The feeling of comfort urges me to hug her. I didn’t even think that I’m going to get her wet since I was soaked in the rain. But I was thankful that she didn’t complain, instead she hugged me back. I held her even tighter. Now I know. . . . the place where I really want to be to calm my heart and mind is here. Right by her side.

 

 

 


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Sorry for the late update. I have to cut it for now because I wasn’t able to make yesterday because of some movie. But I promised to have triple update in Friday. :) Thanks for reading! >,<