Picture 3: Lies are double edged swords

Polaroid

Luhan blinked as he stared at Xiumin, waiting for the brown haired male to walk back to the table with their two cups of coffee.

The coffee shop was nice and cozy. Xiumin knew the owner and had a small spot for himself in the back. Luhan leaned against the couch and held him backpack to his chest. His fluffy honey blonde hair fell over his eyes as Luhan looked at his doc martens. They squeaked as he rubbed them together nervously. A habit he picked up from his grandfather.

"Here."

Luhan looked up to see that Xiumin placed a steaming hot cup of coffee on the table. Luhan smiled when he saw a foam kitten on the surface of the drink. He pulled out his camera and snapped a picture. Xiumin sipped at his coffee, an amused look etched in his face, "What's the memory?"

"First time hanging out with a friend."

Xiumin's eyes widened as he spat some coffee out. Luhan flinched backwards as Xiumin set down his mug, grabbing multiple tissues to clean himself up, " sorry, that was really rude but seriously? First time?"

Luhan nodded and stored the printed Polaroid picture in his folder, "I can't really talk Xiumin."

Xiumin rolled his eyes, "Well yea but someone had to least take interest in you!"

Luhan shook his head.

Xiumin sighed as he drank more of his coffee, "That's too bad, you know you're really attractive."

It was Luhan's turn to be surprised. The smaller male's eyes widened as his cheeks flushed red. Xiumin let out a good natured laugh when he saw how flustered Luhan got, "I'm saying that platonically silly. Like damn, you're a pretty person but I just don't see you that way." Xiumin snorted as he sipped a bit of his coffee, "Besides, Injeon would kill me if she found out I had a crush on another person."

Luhan grinned, "Girlfriend?"

Xiumin shrugged, "More or less. Our parents set us up to get married when we were born but we like each other so it's not so bad."

Luhan's eyes sparkled as he watched Xiumin talk about Injeon. The latter seemed to have a small smile on his face and a look of adoration in his eyes.

"Tell me more about her."

Like that, Luhan spent the rest of the afternoon in that cozy café, doing homework, listening to Xiumin talk and of course, drinking coffee.





Luhan tapped his pencil on the table as he leaned on one hand, waiting for class to start. He had alternate classes from yesterday and he was excited. Luhan wasn't a die hard nerd who needed to get above a 100 but he enjoyed learning. He found the world fascinating and he wanted to soak up as much as he could.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when a boy sat down in the chair next to him. Luhan peeked a quick look at the stranger, his face immediately flushing light pink as he noticed how handsome this newcomer was. With a chiseled jaw, plump lips and his bronze skin, Luhan found himself (ironically) speechless. The man turned and made eye contact with Luhan who jumped in his seat and looked away quickly.

Way to be smooth, Luhan chided to himself as the male grinned at him.

"Hey I'm Jongin."

Luhan (cheeks still light pink) nodded, offering the latter a shy smile. Jongin stared at him expectedly. Luhan's eyes widened when he realized what the male was waiting for. God why does Luhan always get stuck in these kinds of situations. Not knowing what to do, Luhan just turned away. Jongin scrunched his nose and opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by someone slamming their backpack down on the other side of Luhan. The honey blonde male jumped in his seat as an even taller, even handsomer male sat down.  Luhan was officially sandwiched between the two most good looking people he's ever seen.

"Yo Sehun!" Jongin exclaimed, reaching his hand out for a fist bump. 'Sehun' rolled his eyes but gently tapped his fist against Jongin's.

"Angel, this is Sehun, Sehun this is angel."

Luhan stiffened at the nickname. He stared at Jongin, who just smirked back, winking playfully.

"Angel? really?" Sehun said with a monotone, raising one eyebrow.

"He hasn't introduced himself so I gave him a nickname." Jongin said perkily.

Sehun opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by a binder smacking him on the back of the head. On the other side of Luhan, Jongin was also smacked by a binder, "Hey horn dogs, leave Luhan alone. He doesn't understand Korean."

Luhan looked up to see his savior, aka Kyungsoo standing behind them. The black haired male glared at Sehun and Jongin who were rubbing the back of their heads, "Luhan, come up here. Sit with me."

Luhan's eyes widened at Kyungsoo's Chinese but nodded. He gathered his stuff and moved to the row behind Sehun and Jongin. Sehun's eyebrows furrowed as he watched Luhan walk away. Jongin pouted and made his unhappiness vocal, "Awe come on Kyung, why'd you take angel away?! Give him back!"

Kyungsoo raised his binder as a threat again, "Don't make me smack you Kim Jongin."

Jongin glared at Kyungsoo but said nothing more about the new arrangement, "I'm still keeping this spot open if you want to come back."

Kyungsoo hit him with his binder. Luhan smiled wider, silent giggles escaping his lips as he watched Jongin rub the back of his head. Kyungsoo looked extremely proud of himself and Sehun was just staring at Jongin with an unamused expression on his face.

"Hey it's little LuLu!"

Luhan spun around to see Chanyeol lumbering towards them. His lanky legs got caught on someone's backpack and Luhan nudged Kyungsoo who caught the poor tall boy just in time.

"Thanks!" Chanyeol said, a smile still adorning his face. He had paint chips in his hair and his fingers were various shades of blue and green.

"Chanyeol..." Kyungsoo said disapprovingly. Chanyeol sheepishly smiled, hiding his hands behind his back, "I was working on a project."

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and turned to Luhan, "This is the only class that all four of us have together, do you want to work with us?"

Luhan nodded, still happy with the fact that Kyungsoo spoke Chinese to him. It made things a lot easier to handle.

The teacher, tall Professor Yun walked into the room. Her heels clicked against the floor in a fast tempo as she got herself organized, "Hello class! Welcome to a new school year."

The students groaned. Someone yelled out, "How many more days until vacation?!" causing laughter to erupt from the class.

Professor Yun rolled her eyes, "Very funny Junseok, anyway, I'm glad to see so many familiar faces."

Kyungsoo caught sight of Luhan's confused face and leaned towards the honey blonde male, "Professor Yun was our psychology teacher last year too . She's the only one who actually teaches this subject so we're going to have her as a teacher for another two years."

Luhan nodded and ripped a small piece of paper out of his notebook. In shaky Korean (he made sure to make some mistakes so it looked like he was struggling with the language) he wrote, "I'm a first year, but I took a class over the summer." Kyungsoo read the note and looked pleasantly surprised, "Your Korean isn't that bad! Maybe I can help you."

Luhan just smiled and nodded. His attention turned back to the teacher when she clapped her hands, "Who's excited for our first project?!"

The class groaned again and (Luhan was guessing) 'Junseok' yelled out once again, "But it's the second day of classes!"

Professor Yun smirked at the class, "Guess he's working alone."

Junseok sputtered out protests as Professor Yun kept talking, "This project is going to be about...." she paused before turning on the screen projector.

It was dead silent as a picture of a single flame.

"Fire?" Someone asked.

Professor Yun shrugged, "Well, what do you think that is? A single flame? A huge forest fire? A warm fire place? A scented candle that reminds you of your childhood." She stayed quiet, hoping someone would get her point.

Luhan poked Kyungsoo and wrote one words lightly on his paper.

"Perception."

Kyungsoo's hand shot up. Professor Yun grinned as she called on the short male.

"Is it perception?"

Professor Yun's eyes widened as she slowly nodded, "Yes, it is....Kyungsoo how did you know?"

Kyungsoo shook his head, "I didn't. Luhan did."

Professor Yun furrowed her brows, "Lu..Luhan?"

Kyungsoo ignored Luhan's pleading glances and tugged the boy up, "This is Luhan."

Luhan felt his body burning with embarrassment as everyone in the class turned to him. He could especially feel the brown pair of eyes in front of him. Sehun wasn't glaring, but he wasn't smiling either. Luhan found himself shivering underneath the taller male's gaze.

"Luhan? Care to explain?"

Luhan turned frantically to Kyungsoo who just patted his shoulder, "His Korean isn't very good but I think I have an idea."

"Go ahead."

"You gave us a single picture, one flame but I'm pretty sure everyone was thinking about something different. You want us to do a project about why people have different perspectives, and how that plays into someone's behavior and mentality."

Professor Yun's eyes widened as she nodded, "That's exactly it Do Kyungsoo! Guys, this is how a student is supposed to think, not like nose picking Junseok over there."

The class laughed again as Junseok made a funny retort back. Luhan smiled graciously at Kyungsoo as the latter sat down. The shorter male didn't return the smile immediately. Instead he studied Luhan. It felt as if Kyungsoo's eyes were burning into Luhan's mind, reading all his secrets.

"Can we talk after class?"

Luhan gulped but nodded slowly. He was scared that Kyungsoo figured out his secret but he knew he should get over it. Luhan was a strong boy. He was a fighter.

Maybe it's time he stopped keeping his disability a secret. 
Maybe he should stop calling it a disability.