Picture 31: my heart on my sleeve

Polaroid

Sehun loosened his tie as he stormed out of the main hall. His body shook of anger. Luhan trailed behind him, worried for his taller boyfriend. Sehun shoved the doors open onto a balcony. Luhan immediately shivered as the cold air hit him. His suit was fairly thin and it was still chilly in March, especially after the sun set. Sehun didn't seem to notice the cold, perhaps he was too angry. He was growling and mumbling to himself, constantly running his fingers through his hair and pacing back and forth.

Luhan tried to get the latter's attention but was only shoved off.

"Sehun."

It was useless. Sehun wasn't even looking at him. Luhan wanted to scream, yell, anything. This wasn't fair. Not to Sehun, not to anyone. Sehun was promised that roll since he was young. He might have rebelled when he was younger but he deserved that position.

Now it was being handed away to someone that hurt him severely.

Luhan tried again. He placed his hand on Sehun's shoulder, when the latter was facing away from him. Sehun harshly shoved Luhan's hand off of him. The force of Sehun's hand caused Luhan's to fly off and hit the stone railing of the balcony painfully.

Luhan hissed as he brought his hand towards his body. Sehun tensed and quickly turned around when he realized what he had done. The pain radiated from the back of Luhan's hand up to his wrist. The grey haired male blinked back tears as Sehun gingerly took the reddening hand into his own.

"Oh my god, babe, I'm so sorry. I-I didn't mean i-it." Sehun's voice was shaky and he was trembling as he brought Luhan's hand up to his mouth, kissing it tenderly.

Luhan shook his head. He wanted to sign something but his hand was still stinging. Sehun seemed to notice this because he pulled Luhan into a tight hug, pressing periodically kisses on the crown of the smaller's head, "God I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you...I was just so upset and.."

Luhan patted Sehun's back. Letting him know that it was okay and Luhan wasn't angry.

"Aw look at you brother, still hurting the people you love."

Luhan whipped around, scowling at the person who just stepped out onto the balcony. Sehun didn't even have a chance to say anything because Luhan stormed right up to the dimpled male and slapped him.

Yixing hissed as he held his cheek, smirking as he straightened himself out, "Guess lover boy told you the real story."

Luhan resisted the urge to smack the male again and took out his phone. He angrily typed something and shoved his phone back into his pocket.

Yixing's own phone dinged and he hummed, "Hm, I don't know if I want to open that."

Luhan glared at him and Yixing chuckled. He went to his phone and unlocked it, skimming the text Luhan sent him.

Luhan: you bastard. You should be ashamed of yourself. Exposing your brother's love like that and ripping them apart? You're heartless. And I ing saw you take my Polaroid and I want it back . Also, I want your crusty off this balcony. After tonight, I don't want to see you anywhere near Sehun. 

Yixing's eyes widened ever so slightly, "Damn, and you text your mother with that phone."

Luhan tensed and Yixing guessed he hit a sore spot. He looked down when he heard his phone ding once more.

Luhan: GET OUT

Yixing held up two arms, "Alright alright, I'm leaving."

He smoothly exited the balcony, leaving Sehun and Luhan alone once more.

Sehun whistled lowly, "Damn Lu, let me see what you wrote." Luhan handed the phone over to Sehun. He skimmed over the text and laughed out loud, "God I love you."

Luhan beamed and let Sehun tug him in for another kiss. He was sick of Sehun constantly going in the line of fire for Luhan and saving him. It was nice to reverse those roles for once. Luhan made decision. He did not like Yixing and he did not like Yixing any where near Sehun.

"I think I cooled down enough. We should head back inside."

Sehun straightened his suit jacket and fixed his hair. He turned to walk back inside but Luhan grabbed his wrist.

"Wait."

Sehun stopped and looked back at Luhan who was fidgeting in his spot. He smiled kindly, something he doesn't do often, and walked back towards the ledge. He leaned against the thick stone rail and raised his eyebrows, "What's up."

Luhan reached into his coat pocket, taking out a small box. He handed it to Sehun, shyly looking away as the taller took the box.

"What's this?" Sehun cooed as he unwrapped it. Luhan was blushing red as he stared down at his shoes. Sehun gasped as he opened the box. Inside, sitting on nice, black velvet cushion was a watch.

An expensive one.

"Luhan?"

Luhan took the watch out of the box and set the unwrapped thing off to the side. He pulled at Sehun's arm and put the watch on him.

"It's because I caused you so much trouble over the past couple of week. With Juni, Injeon and Yixing."

Sehun cooed and brought a gentle hand up to Luhan's cheek, "Lu, love, you don't have to do that. When I asked you out, it meant that whatever concerns you, concerns me."

Sehun glanced down at the watch, smiling at the royal blue and the golden plated pattern on the expensive Rolex, "When I said I loved you, I meant it. Through thick and thin, I've always got your back. You really shouldn't have done this."

Luhan pouted and stepped back, "You don't...like it? Are you angry?"

Sehun shook his head, "No, No babe, I love it. I'm just salty because you beat me by giving me an expensive gift first." Sehun held up his arm, gently shaking his it, "I'll outdo you, mark my words."

Luhan widened his eyes, "That cost almost 15 grand, U.S dollars. How the hell are you going to outdo me?"

Sehun wiggled his eyebrows and pulled Luhan closer, letting the smaller male crash into his chest. Luhan giggled as Sehun teased over his jaw and down his neck, nipping gently and blowing air. The taller's hand rested on his lower back before sliding down into his back pockets.

"I'll find a way." Sehun whispered into his ear. Luhan shuddered as he felt the taller's teeth pull at the shell of his ear, "Where did you get the money anyway?"

Luhan leaned back ever so slightly to show Sehun his hands, "Grandfather. He made a fortune in his younger days. We chose the model together."

Sehun nodded, "Ah, that's why you've been texting him so much lately."

Luhan nodded, "There's that, and I got Kyungsoo a deal with a couple of publishers."

Sehun's eyes widened, "For Soo's novel? Luhan that means the world to him! Is that why he was so happy earlier?"

Luhan nodded. Sehun was in awe. He really did have the best boyfriend ever.

He leaned down and joined their lips together. Luhan whimpered as Sehun overpowered him. His arms went from the taller's chest to around his neck. "Jump." Sehun mumbled into the kiss. Luhan didn't think twice before pulling himself up and wrapping his legs tightly around Sehun's waist. The taller managed to press him against the wall next to the door, away from the ledge.

Luhan moved his hands from Sehun's neck to the back of his head, breathing heavily as Sehun attacked his lips. He could feel Sehun's strong hands moving up and down his thigh, holding him tightly against the wall. Luhan loved the heat of Sehun pressed against him. He felt so safe and loved. He felt like he was wanted, every time Sehun's hooded eyes glazed over his body.

Just the thought of the taller's kisses sent shivers up Luhan's back but actually experiencing it was a whole other story.

"Ahem...is this a wrong time?"

Luhan and Sehun leaped away from each other at the sound of a voice. They turned to see a smirking Jongdae and a flustered Xiumin standing by the door.

Jongdae winked at Luhan, "Man it's nice to see cutie in action. I wanted to watch longer, but Xiumin here-"The lanky male turned to Xiumin and glared at him, "-just had to interrupt."

Xiumin smacked the back of Jongdae's head, "Your father, he's calling you."

The two quickly hightailed it out of the balcony leaving Sehun and Luhan alone once more. The taller turned and smiled when he saw Luhan leaning against the wall, more than a little breathless. He sauntered over and fixed his tie which became crooked during their...activities. Luhan flushed pink as he refused to meet Sehun's eye. The taller found that adorable. Luhan was a binary in of himself. He was innocent, shy and hesitant. But he was also y, impatient and was standing in front of Sehun, his lips swollen red from the taller's desperate kisses.

"We should go in, see what that bastard wants."

Luhan stopped Sehun once more and pressed a softer kiss on the taller male's lips. He ran his fingers through Sehun's black hair and readjusted it, "Let's keep the conversation civil Sehun...okay?"

Sehun nodded, "Civil."


 



 

"Hey! You two timing old man!"

"Sehun I said Civil!"

Headmaster Oh looked up from his conversation with some other old men, including Jongin's father, "Excuse me?"

Sehun pointed at his father and pointed at the door. Luhan gaped as he watched Sehun storm out of the door. Headmaster Oh placed his drink on a waitress's plate and bowed to the men around him, "Sorry, excuse me for a second."

The old man followed Sehun out of the main ballroom and Luhan also went, mainly to prevent world war three.

"What the hell did you call me out there?" Headmaster Oh did not sound happy.

"A two timing old man. Because that is what you are." Sehun didn't sound very happy either.

"What the hell Sehun? What has gotten into you?"

Sehun gritted his teeth, "I should be asking you the same thing. Why the hell does Yixing get my birthright? I worked hard since I was born, leaving aside my own dreams to follow your footsteps."

Headmaster Oh placed a hand on his hip as he pointed at Sehun with the other, "Don't you ing start. You know how much trouble you caused your junior year?"

Sehun let out an exasperated groan, "Because you took away my first love! She was innocent, had nothing to do with you and she wasn't causing any problem either."

Headmaster Oh rubbing his forehead, "It was for the best. You and her...you were on different levels."

"No! We weren't! She was the only one who understood me. She saved me dad."

Luhan felt his heart drop to his stomach.

"I put aside my dreams of dancing, of becoming a choreographer because you said I had a responsibility. After Mia left, I had no other choice because god knows what else you would do."

Headmaster Oh poked painfully against Sehun's chest, "And that is exactly why Yixing is getting your spot. He worked hard in America and China. He behaved, he knows right from wrong. You...you are too young, too passionate."

Headmaster Oh shook his head, "You blew your chance Sehun. After everything, I thought you would change. But you are still that same damn sixteen year old who wore his heart on his sleeve."

With that, Headmaster Oh left the room.

Sehun sank to his knees, and cried.

 


how are you guys liking the fic so far?