Picture 14: Happy times

Polaroid

New Year's special in July? Why the hell not?


The trip ended just as quickly as it started. Before the four knew it, they were packing up, getting ready to head back to college. Even the newest member of their little family, Muki the pomsky, was following Luhan around while he packed. Jongin, once he saw the little puppy, lost his . He cooed and cooed at Muki, only to get a small on the nose. Muki then continued to ignore Jongin and pawed at Chanyeol's pant leg, begging to be picked up. Luhan smiled as the tanned male whined about Muki hating him.

"God he never shuts up."

Luhan turned to see Sehun bringing down their suitcases. The blonde haired male just shrugged and smiled. Sehun wrapped his arms around the smaller male, burying his face in the later's neck. Luhan squirmed as the tall male ghosted small kisses alongside his neck.

"So last night wasn't a dream."

Sehun raised an eyebrow, "Why would it?"

"I didn't think you were stupid enough to actually climb into my balcony."

"Hey!"

Luhan smiled naughtily and winked before running towards the kitchen. Sehun stood there in shock before realizing Luhan was teasing him. The dark haired male grabbed a pillow from the couch and ran after Luhan. Luhan ran into the kitchen, with Sehun right behind him. He used the kitchen island as a shield. Sehun stood on one side of the counter while Luhan stood on the other, sticking out his tongue. He gasped when Sehun decided to throw the pillow and ducked. The pillow flew over his head and instead hit Kyungsoo, who was innocently grabbing some water. Sehun froze, realizing that what he had just did unleashed the wrath of Kyungsoo onto him. Luhan smiled, because he knew that Sehun was ed.

The tall male blinked, unsure if he should run or stay and apologize. Kyungsoo took one step forward and Sehun bolted. Kyungsoo burst out laughing as he helped Luhan up, who was also dying on the floor.

"What a dork." Kyungsoo said, wiping away a tear. Luhan smiled and nodded. "He's my dork though."

Kyungsoo tilted his head to the side ever so slightly, "What did you say?" Luhan shook his head, shooting Kyungsoo a small smile. The short male rolled his eyes and pointed at Luhan threateningly, "One of these days, I'm going to understand what you said and I'm going to kick your ."

Luhan gave him two thumbs up. Kyungsoo wouldn't dare lay a finger on Luhan anyway, the blonde haired male knew they were empty threats.

XiuXiu- when are u guys coming back?

LuLu: we're starting in ten, and it's an hour long drive why?

XiuXiu: I can't believe you forgot! It's the New Years party tonight!

LuLu: OH MY GOD YEA IM SO SORRY WE'LL BE THERE

LuLu: I haVE SO MUCH TO TELL YOU

XiuXiu: okay I'll be waiting

"Who you texting?"

Luhan jumped in his spot, his phone slipping from his hands. He fumbled for the thin, sleek piece of technology, barely catching it before it hit the ground.

"Nice catch." The tan male standing in front of him smirked. Luhan rolled his eyes and threw a weak punch at Jongin's arm, "Don't scare me like that!"

Jongin grinned, "Aw, did I scare the poor little angel?" He cooed as he ruffled Luhan's blonde hair. Luhan frowned and waved his hands away, "Shut up."

Jongin just stuck out his tongue teasingly, "Seriously though, who was it?"

Luhan grabbed his phone from the counter and slid it into his back pocket, "Xiumin. He wanted to remind me of the party tonight."

Jongin lit up, his hand quickly brushing his pink hair to the side, "Party? I love parties!"

Luhan yelped when he felt nimble fingers slid into his pocket and pull out his phone. He turned to see Sehun holding it, a smirk plastered widely on his face. He stood in shock. Sehun's smirk melted into a grin and he closed Luhan's open mouth with his finger, "Sorry, did I startle you baby?"

"Baby?!"

"Why would you do that!"

Sehun winked and unlocked the phone with his fingerprint, "Just wanted to see the text."

"You added your own fingerprint to my phone!"

"BaBY?!"

Sehun and Luhan turned to Jongin, who was looking between them, bewildered. His eyes were wide, jaw dropped open as he failed to connect the dots. Sehun rolled his eyes, "Me. Luhan. Dating."

Jongin blinked.

Luhan giggled, "I don't think he got the message, let me try." The blonde haired male went up on his tiptoes, wrapping his arms around Sehun's neck, grabbing the taller's black hair as he connected their lips. Sehun slid the phone back into Luhan's pocket before holding onto the later's lithe waist.

"OKAY I GOT IT NOW PLEASE STOP MAKING OUT IN FRONT OF ME."



 

Chanyeol clambered into the car after Jongin. The tan male was pouting because he got degraded from passenger to backseat. Luhan, on the other hand was settled cozily in front, Muki in his lap and his legs criss-crossed in a sitting position. He wrapped his scarf tighter around his neck as it started to snow even more heavily. Luhan took the liberty of stealing Jongin's scarf (giving the pink haired male another thing to pout about) and wrap Muki in it, making sure the pup was warm.

Kyungsoo slammed the door shut and settled in between his boyfriend and the pouting man child. Sehun waved goodbye to the maids and sat in the car as well. He smiled at Luhan, who was rubbing noses with Muki, all while cooing at the pomsky. Sehun could tell the pup really enjoyed Luhan's attention because her tail was wagging back and forth faster than he'd ever seen.

"Ahem."

Sehun snapped out of his trance and turned to see the three in the back glaring at him. "Anytime lover boy, the party is tonight, not in the next century." Jongin tutted.

Sehun turned the car on and put it in reverse, "I have half the mind to just leave you here." He mumbled as he backed out of the driveway.

With that, the five started their hour long journey home. Unlike on the way to Sehun's house, the radio was turned to a high volume. Kyungsoo was singing along loudly, blessing everyone in the car. Chanyeol was also singing loudly, but his voice did more harm then good. Jongin was dancing in his seat and Luhan was also wriggling happily, making Muki dance as well.

Sehun couldn't help but laugh. It wasn't just a small chuckle, it was a belly laugh. It was loud and harmonious with Jongin's giggles in the back, with Chanyeol's deep chuckles and with Kyungsoo's soothing laughter. Luhan froze, turning to the black haired male. He had never heard Sehun laughing so loudly and never had he imagined him doing so. It made his heart beat faster and feel ever so slightly warmer. Sehun's laughter finally died down. With a sigh, he wiped a stray tear from his eye. He turned to Luhan, only to see that the blonde haired male was staring at him with a wide smile.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Sehun asked. Luhan just shook his head slowly and leaned towards the black haired male, giving him a loving kiss on the cheek. Chanyeol and Jongin catcalled as Luhan sat back down, his own cheeks burning red.
Sehun smiled even wider, if that was possible and grabbed onto Luhan's hand. The blonde haired male only grew more red as Sehun interlocked their fingers and brought his hand up to his mouth. Jongin and Chanyeol's yells got louder as Sehun pressed gentle kisses on the back of Luhan's hand.

And so, Sehun spent the rest of the drive back home, one hand on the steering wheel and one hand gripping Luhan's hand, holding it closely and hoping that he would never have to let go.


 

Luhan groaned as he struggled to pull the tight pants up. Xiumin only laughed harder at his friend's struggles.

"Why must you dress me up like this?"

Xiumin gasped, "What do you mean?! You look totally adorable."

Luhan turned to him with a deadpan expression, "I look like a ty Christmas tree....and it's a New Year's party!"

Xiumin hummed, looking the boy up and down. It was true that he had dressed the boy in tight white skinny jeans and a dark green sweater crop top. But it exposed the faintest of his torso, barely showing past his belly button.

Luhan pointed to his torso, "You can see my belly button!"

Xiumin rolled his eyes, "Honey it's a crop top, you're supposed to show your belly button."

Muki barked twice.

"See, even the dog agrees."

Luhan sighed, this was a constant loosing battle against Xiumin. He turned to the full body mirror, staring himself down. He looked okay, Luhan supposed. All those days where Jongin dragged him to the gym paid off because you could see the faint ab lines starting to form, making his torso look even more toned. His blonde haired was up in a messy do, like 'I just rolled out of bed but I looking ing fabulous' kind of thing. And his makeup was subtle but alluring. Xiumin did a damn good job.

"All right, let's go. Sehun said he'll be here in two minutes."

"What is up with you and Oh, you never told me."

Luhan froze. He shoved his phone in his back pocket and slowly turned to Xiumin with a sheepish smile, "We...we kinda are together, like um...together together?"
That was the day Luhan found out how loud Xiumin could scream.

 


 

"Damn what was that?" Sehun asked after quickly pecking Luhan's lips as a hello, "I heard that as soon as I came out of that elevator."

Luhan sighed and pointed at Xiumin who was still in shock, "He's got a big voice for a small body."

Sehun chuckled, "Yea no kidding." The dark haired male froze, looking Luhan up and down, " Luhan, you always take my breath away."

Luhan smiled softly, suddenly finding the floor of the elevator a lot more interesting than Sehun's stormy eyes. The tall male looked just as exquisite. He wore dark jeans (as per usual) and a netted long sleeved shirt. He was wearing a black wife beater underneath so Luhan was spared the torture of Sehun's built torso.

"You look amazing as well. I'm lucky that you actually like me."

Sehun scoffed, "It should be the other way around, what kind of angel would be dating a demon like me."

Luhan smiled, resting his head against Sehun's chest, "I guess opposites attract."

"I don't know if I should be disgusted or blessed to see this happening."

Luhan rolled his eyes and Sehun just shook his head. The three walked across campus towards where Chanyeol parked his van. The New Year's party was taking place at Xiumin's girlfriend's place and Luhan was very excited to meet her, especially after how much Xiumin praised her. She seemed sweet and lovable and Luhan was very glad Xiumin had someone so amazing.

The three approached the van where Chanyeol was standing. Luhan raised his arm to wave hello when he heard a loud catcall. Luhan turned around to see Jongin running towards them. "Kim Jongin I'm going to kill you." Sehun growled as the tan male came closer. Jongin put both arms in the air, "I just wanted to say how good Angel is looking."

"I also prefer if you did not refer my boyfriend as 'Angel'."

Jongin pouted, "Aw Sehun, look at him though." Sehun turned to see Luhan looking at his shoes very innocently, his blonde hair covering his eyes as he sheepishly rocked back and forth.

Jongin laughed at the lack of reply, "Besides, Luhan doesn't care. Do you?"

Luhan looked up suddenly at the mention of his name. Jongin was looking at him expectedly so he just shrugged. Xiumin rolled his eyes, "Come on guys, we'll be late. Save your argument for the car ride."

Kyungsoo was already sitting in the driver's seat while Chanyeol was thumbing in the address on his phone. In minutes they were off and just as quickly, they arrived. Jongin whistled lowly as he got out of the van, "Damn Xiumin, your girl is loaded."

Xiumin shrugged as he fixed his collar, "Eh, it's modest."

Luhan's eyes widened, "Modest? This is thrice as big as my house, and I lived in the richest part of my province!"

Sehun smiled, "Welcome to the life of heirs baby."

Chanyeol snorted, "Yea, the mansion we went to? That's Sehun's. You should see his dad's."

"Chanyeol, shut up."

"Can we just go inside?"

Xiumin led them to the massive front door, knocking twice. Luhan shivered as he snuggled closer to Sehun, who wrapped his arm around the smaller's waist, resting his hand on his hip. The skin to skin contact only made Luhan more flustered as the doors swung open.

A girl, about three centimeters shorter than Xiumin stood in front of them. Her dress was tight until her waist and then flowed out. The peach color of her dress contrasted with her raven black curls, it complimented her pale skin and bright hazel eyes. Luhan, as someone who didn't find girls attractive at all, found himself thinking about how pretty she was.

"Minnie baby!" She cooed as she threw her arms around Xiumin. Jongin snorted, trying to hide his laughter as coughing, "Minnie baby." He whispered to Chanyeol who also fought hard to keep his giggles under control.

The girl, Injeon, didn't seem to notice as she let them in. She froze, staring at Sehun and Luhan, "You!"

Luhan looked behind him, to see if she was referring to someone else, and then pointed to himself.

"Yes you! You're Luhan right?"

Luhan nodded. Injeon smiled, linking arms with Xiumin, "Xiuminnie has told me sooo much about you! I'm glad we finally met."

"Same. Xiumin always used to praise you. It's nice to meet the girl that stole his heart." Sehun smiled and translated. Injeon's smile faltered, her eyes wide as she noticed Sehun, "And you are?"

Sehun bowed politely, while still keeping a grip on Luhan, "Oh Sehun, Luhan's boyfriend."

Injeon forced a smile, or, it seemed like that to Luhan, "Well, you guys can join the rest of the people. Jongdae is just about to preform."

"My cousin is here?" Sehun said, groaning.

"Ayyyyeee Cuuzzzz!"

"Speak of the devil." Sehun muttered before turning around. Jongdae, Luhan remembered him as the impish singer who liked to male Sehun uncomfortable. He sounded amazing last time they heard him and he looked like an idol too. With his constant use of skinny jeans and oversized, fashionable tops and eyeliner, Jongdae certainly looked the part.

"Well well, if it isn't my cousin's little Chinese firecracker." Jongdae whistled lowly, "Looking good cutie."

"He's taken."

Jongdae snapped his fingers, but he didn't look too upset. Instead his gaze fell upon Xiumin and the tight jeans he was wearing. Sehun rolled his eyes, "He's straight."

Jongdae groaned, "Why is it that the good ones are always taken or are straight."

Luhan smiled, remembering why he liked Jongdae. The later was funny, and with his kitten grin, he always looked like he was up to no good.

"Anyway, me and the boys are about to go preform, enjoy yourself guys."

With that, the singer mockingly curtsied and walked away, humming some random tune that must have popped into his head.

Xiumin blinked, "Did he...just check me out?"

"As long as something has a heartbeat and looks cute, Jongdae will check it out, don't be so flattered."

Xiumin coughed, his chubby cheeks turning bright red, "Psh whatever, I have Injeon, I don't care."

Injeon grinned, "That's what I like to hear, come on Xiumin. Let's go dance."

She winked at Luhan (or Sehun he couldn't tell) and ran off with Xiumin in tow.

"I need a drink." Kyungsoo said, rubbing his forehead. Chanyeol frowned, "You've been here for ten minutes." But the two walked away, chatting among themselves. Jongin caught sight of a cutie dancing proactively on the dance floor and was gone. Sehun smiled and shook his head, "Let's get a drink and just sit somewhere until the ball drops, then we can go."

Luhan nodded, "I don't like parties."

Sehun nodded, "Me neither. Find a room upstairs and I'll join you okay?"

Luhan nodded and scurried off, going up the stairs. Sehun watched him walk up until he was out of view and then went to grab some drinks. Luhan padded softly through the hall, wincing when he heard noises and screams. He didn't like parties at all. The music was loud and was shaking the house. Luhan could hear Jongdae perfectly, even though he was in the other side of the house.

Luhan finally opened a door, sighing in relief when he found it was empty. He ignored the guy staring at him from the end of the hallway and walked inside, closing the door behind him. Luhan walked a foot away from the door before hearing footsteps getting closer. He gasped and lunged for the door, locking it. He held his breath as the doorknob rattled for a couple seconds and then stopped. There was mumbling and the footsteps resided away.

Luhan breathed a sigh of relief as he walked closer to the large window on the other side of the room. It was a full moon that night and moonlight poured in, illuminating the room. It eliminated the need for Luhan to turn the lights on. The music was audible but it was more like a dull beat in the background.

Luhan didn't like parties.

He sat at the edge of the bed, crossing his legs as he stared out at the moon. It was bright and clear in the night sky. The snow began to fall again and it muffled the noises of cars and people chattering outside. Luhan was torn from his thoughts by harsh knocking on the door. He froze, not wanting to make a sound.

"Lu?"

Luhan let out a breath of relief and raced to open the door. There stood Sehun, holding two cups of whatever he brought and a bowl of chips balanced on his forearm. "Here, its nonalcoholic." Sehun said, holding out a cup. Luhan took it gratefully and shut the door behind the tall male. He locked it shut again and took his spot on the bed again.

"If you and Kyungsoo are drinking and Jongin most definitely is already drunk, who's driving us home?"

"Chanyeol, he doesn't drink."

Luhan nodded and took a sip of his drink. It was soda. Luhan shot Sehun a smile as he downed the cup, setting it aside. He kicked off his shoes and crawled to the head of the bed. Sehun watched him intently. Luhan sighed as he rested his back against the headboard. He checked his phone. 10:36.

"We have less than 2 hours until the countdown." Luhan said. Sehun nodded and kicked off his shoes as well. He downed his beer and lightly chucked the cup aside. Luhan giggled as Sehun crawled towards him on the bed, pretending to be a wolf. Luhan squirmed as Sehun latched into him. He liked this Sehun a lot. The playful one. The one that laughed and smiled.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?"

Luhan blinked, "Oh, I didn't even notice."

Sehun smirked and pressed a faint kiss on Luhan's nose, "Cute."

Luhan shoved Sehun gently, "I'm not cute."

Sehun shook his head and nuzzled Luhan's neck, pressing kisses down his neck, shoulders and collarbone. "So cute."

He trailed down Luhan's body until he reached his torso. Sehun playfully blew a raspberry at Luhan's belly button and sat up suddenly. "Wanna dance?"

"What?"

Sehun stood up, holding an arm out, "Want to dance?"

Luhan strained to hear the music. It was something slow, like a ballad. But Luhan got up, grabbing onto Sehun's hand. Sehun spun him and Luhan smiled as they settled in a tight hold. Luhan's arms were swung loosely around Sehun's neck and Sehun's hands grasped the latter's waist. They rocked back and forth, to the beat of an almost inaudible song. Sehun gently spun him once more before dipping him. Luhan gasped as he was pulled back up. The two laughed as they continued to dance in the moonlight.

The hours passed in a flash and before they knew it, they were counting down.

Five.

Sehun was glad he met Luhan.

Four.

Luhan was glad he met Sehun.

Three.

The two knew that they would have troubles in the future because it's only nature to have issues.

Two.

But they knew that they could work it out, because their feelings were much stronger than any problem fate could throw at them.

One.

They knew, it was the beginning of happy times.

Luhan sealed his thoughts with a kiss.