Picture 25: Calm before a storm

Polaroid

Sehun smiled as he looked down. He hadn't even noticed that Luhan had fallen asleep. He just assumed the pink haired male was really into the movie, that is, until he heard soft snoring. Luhan was knocked out, his face buried in Sehun's wide chest. His little hands held the fabric of Sehun's sweatshirt. Sehun had a limp arm swung around his smaller boyfriend and he used it to gently rub the latter's back, prompting the male to fall deeper into his slumber.

Xiumin was on the other couch, hugging Muki tightly. He wasn't crying anymore and Sehun knew he was trying to enjoy the movie. The brown haired male was fragile. Even Sehun could see that, and he was not a people-person. Jongdae was supposed to be at the dorm ten minutes ago and Sehun could only imagine what situation his cousin got stuck in now. Luhan mumbled incoherent words in his sleep, affectively grabbing Sehun's attention.

The black haired male ran his hand through Luhan's hair, calming him down. He was about to bend down and kiss his boyfriend's hair when his phone started to ring. Sehun swore as he fumbled for the slim piece of technology. Luhan's eyes slowly opened, whining when Sehun shifted to grab his phone.

"Hello?"

"Sehun where are you." His father's voice came over the speaker.

Sehun's breath hitched as Luhan pressed lazy kisses on the base of his throat, "U-Um My friend's dorm."

"My office, now."

Sehun winced as his father hung up. Luhan pulled away and gently squished Sehun's cheeks, "What was that?" Sehun sighed before slowly getting up, "My angry father."

Luhan pouted as he sat on the sofa, watching Sehun pull on his jacket, "Are you leaving me?"

Sehun froze. He bent down and pressed his lips against Luhan's. The smaller male's hand flew up behind Sehun's head as their tongues danced in a push-pull sort of way. "I would never leave you." Sehun whispered once he pulled away. Luhan smiled, his eyes half hooded as he nodded slowly.

"Ugh, you guys are disgusting."

Luhan turned to see Muki and Xiumin looking at them, probably judging them as well. Muki let out a small bark as the doorbell rang.

"Ah, perfect timing."

Sehun went to open the door, revealing a smiling Jongdae. "Hey Cuz."

Sehun scoffed as he let Jongdae in, "Took you long enough, where were you?"

Jongdae held up a candy bar and a small pint of ice cream, "Just getting the necessities."

Xiumin smiled when Jongdae threw him the candy bar, "Enjoy, you little squirrel."

He sat on the couch, next to Luhan, "And for you, my little Chinese firecracker." Jongdae handed Luhan a pint of vanilla ice cream. Xiumin gasped, "Unfair! Why does he get the ice cream?"

Jongdae winked at him before pulling another pint of ice cream out of his backpack, "Because a little birdie told me you prefer chocolate over vanilla." Xiumin smiled widely before racing over to the other couch. Luhan dashed to the kitchen and grabbed three spoons before landed on the cushion next to Jongdae. Jongdae took the spoon stretched out his arms until one was around Luhan and the other around Xiumin, "And that's how you get chicks. Take notes Cuz."

Xiumin and Luhan elbowed him in the gut before digging into their respective ice creams. Sehun laughed as Jongdae groaned painfully, "Yea, have fun with them." He said before walking out of the dorm. No matter how annoying or childish his cousin may seem, he was always there for Sehun. That's why he was one of the few people Sehun trusted with his life.

Sehun slowly made his way across campus until he reached his dad's office. He shoved his hands into his pockets as he waited for the elevator to go up. He flinched when he felt a cold metal against his fingers. Sehun pulled out whatever was in his pocket and swore when he saw keys and a keycard. This was the jacket he wore the day he stole the keycard from his dad and he had forgotten to return it.

Sehun quickly shoved the items back in his pocket. Is this what his dad called him here to talk about? The elevator dinged and Sehun stepped out into the hallway. He made his way towards his dad's office, knocking on the door with his knuckles.

"Come in."

Sehun pushed the door open when he heard the faint buzz of the lock opening. His father did not look happy.

"Oh Sehun."

Sehun slumped into the chair across from his father's desk, placing his shoes on the wooden surface, "Yes father?"

Headmaster Oh turned the computer screen towards Sehun. On it, was a video clip of Sehun and his friends in his father's office. Sehun watched in horror as the clip played out, including when Sehun took a picture of a file and put it back. Sehun was swearing in his mind. How could he have been so stupid? He had completely forgotten about the security cameras.

"Explain."

Sehun stood up, reaching into his pocket. Headmaster Oh's eyes widened as his son dropped the two items in front of him. The keys clattered against the wooden desk and the keycard lay flag, "How did you-"

"That night, you dropped your keys and wallet. And Jongin now avoids the Art building where Janitor Lim works."

Headmaster Oh winced. He had underestimated the kids.

"Why? You know it's not allowed for you to have classified information about other students."

Sehun pulled his phone out of his pocket and slid it against the table. Headmaster Oh looked confused, that is, until he clicked the home button. The phone and the older Oh could see Sehun's wallpaper.

Luhan.

"For him?"

Sehun nodded. "Someone was threatening him and Luhan left for China without telling anyone. I wanted him back home so I snuck in and got his home address." Sehun raised an eyebrow, "Problem?"

Headmaster Oh slid the phone back to Sehun who pocketed it smoothly, "Yes problem! Dammit Sehun that's illegal! You broke into my office-"

"Actually Janitor Lim flirted back with Jongin, you should probably check that ou-"

"SEHUN."

Sehun shut up. His father looked stressed. He had taken off his glasses and was rubbing his forehead with two fingers, "Was this all necessary?"

Sehun picked at his nails, looking very unbothered by the situation, "Mom had told me a story, back when you two were in love and actually acted like a couple."

"Sehun." His father was not amused.

"She said that, her brother didn't like you, but you were willing to fight for her."

Headmaster Oh looked up, not sure where Sehun was going with this.

"She said that you said something to her, something that made her know that she loved you."

Headmaster Oh faltered, "I told her...I told her she was my entire world and I would do anything for her."

Sehun smiled, "You have your answer."

With that, he walked out of the office, letting the door shut behind him.







 

Luhan sat in his usual place in the cafe. The small booth in the back that was next to a window, where he could see students walking by. He had his lastest book and Luhan was nursing a big chocolate milkshake. He had his round, thin framed glasses on, seeing how he had run out of contacts.

Luhan's fluffy pink hair fell over his eyes as he scanned the page, taking in the plot. He sipped at the milkshake every once in a while. He was careful not to dirty the book.

He was so immersed in his book that he failed to see someone outside the window, staring at him.

Luhan was pulled out his book when he heard his phone buzz. Luhan set aside the book and unlocked his phone, smiling when he saw his wallpaper. It was a picture of Sehun. The tall male had been focused on completing an assignment. He was bare faced and his hair wasn't styled. His tongue was peeking out of his mouth in concentration. Luhan had taken the picture because for the first time, Sehun looked cute...and vulnerable.

Luhan answered the text, still not aware of the stranger standing outside. One who had seen his wallpaper.

Tol mean bean 🖤: babe where did you go? I was gone for like twenty minutes

Luhan grinned.

BabyLu: guess!

Tol mean bean🖤: cafe, usual spot. Be there in five.

Luhan pouted. Was he really that easy to read? Or did Sehun know him better than he knew himself? Probably both.

"Uh..excuse me?"

Luhan looked up.

A male was standing in front of him, most probably the same age as Luhan, maybe a year older. He had a kind look to him. His black hair was swept upwards, showcasing his forehead. He had a lean body and Luhan could see his muscles through his tight long-sleeved shirt. The stranger smiled, showcasing a dimple, "Hi, I was lost and I was wondering if you could help me?"

Luhan couldn't help but think that the stranger was handsome. Luhan slightly tilted his head in confusion.

He didn't know the man was the same one that was standing outside the window, and had come to introduce himself to Luhan. The man stuck a hand out, "My name is Zhang Yixing, and you are....?"

"Leaving."

Luhan's eyes widened. Behind Yixing stood Sehun. The black haired male was towering over the newcomer. Sehun grabbed Luhan's hand, "He's leaving." Sehun dragged Luhan out of the coffee shop. Yixing stood by the booth, frowning to himself. He looked back at the table and smiled when he saw a book lying open.

Yixing picked up the novel and flipped to the first page. Sure enough, written on the top of the page was 'Property of Luhan'.

Yixing whispered the name out loud, liking the way it sounded, "Luhan."