Picture 17: The heart is easily broken

Polaroid

oh lordy 


Luhan loved Chanyeol. Not in a love love way, not at all. He loved the tall giant as his friend, his best friend. Out of Kyungsoo and Jongin, Luhan was closest to Chanyeol. From day one, the tall male always looked out for Luhan and Luhan was very thankful for that. He made sure Luhan kept a smile on his face and worried about nothing.

Luhan never had a friend like Chanyeol and he was glad he met him.

The two became very close, the others acknowledged their bond. Chanyeol, when he was not in class or with Kyungsoo, he spent of his time in Luhan's dorm, watching cheesy dramas. The whole ritual started when Chanyeol found out Luhan had never seen a single drama. The tall male was speechless. Ten minutes later, he came back with a list of dramas that the two had to watch. Two weeks passed since that incident and they were now on drama number 5. Luhan was curled up into the taller's side, eating popcorn silently as he watched the characters argue on screen.

"She's so dumb!" Chanyeol exclaimed, "Why can't she just understand that he would do anything for her!" Luhan stifled a laugh and patted the taller's shoulder.

Chanyeol sighed as the episode ended, "You up for the next one?" He asked Luhan while stealing a couple pieces of popcorn. Luhan shook his head and mimicked going to sleep.

Chanyeol grinned, "Tired? Okay, I'll let you sleep." Luhan sleepily watched the tall male get up and clean the coffee table where their books, pencils and various snack wrappers were littered.

Chanyeol adjusted his shirt as he threw the trash away, "Night Lu."

Luhan waved sleepily and made a heart with his hands. Chanyeol laughed and made one back. The brown haired male was just about to open the door when rapid knocks were heard. Luhan tensed, his mind immediately jumping to the creepy text sender. Chanyeol frowned and opened the door. A breathless Jongin stumbled into the dorm.

"She's back!"

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, "Who?"

"Min Juni"

Chanyeol's eyes widened, "No. I thought her parents sent her to London." Jongin looked exasperated, "Yea that's what I thought too until she showed up at Sehun's doorstep!"

"Oh ." Chanyeol grabbed his jacket and keys. He shot Luhan a nervous glance, "Lu? Stay here please. I'll see you in class tomorrow." With that he left. Jongin gulped and looked at Luhan, who was still very confused.

"Who's Min Juni?"

Jongin paused and Luhan knew that he wasn't going to get an answer.

"Um, just stay here angel. Sehun will probably pick you up in the morning."

With that, Jongin closed the door.

Luhan now had two options. He could stay in his dorm, like Jongin and Chanyeol told him or he could follow the two. He could find out who Min Juni was by himself. Luhan paused. If Jongin and Chanyeol told him to stay, there had to be a reason. When did Luhan ever listen to them. Luhan shed his pajamas, grabbed his jeans and a sweatshirt that looked suspiciously like Sehun's. He scribbled a note out for Xiumin and ran out the door.



 

Luhan waited until Chanyeol and Jongin went up the elevator before getting onto a different one. He pressed the five button and waited. The elevator rumbled before slowly raising. Luhan sighed as he tapped his foot anxiously.

Who was Min Juni and what about her made Chanyeol so uneasy? And why was she at Sehun's dorm?

Luhan frowned, his thoughts taking him to the worst case scenario. What if she was Sehun's girlfriend? Luhan knew that it must have been hard dating someone who couldn't talk. Is that why Sehun went for someone else? But he seemed so sincere every time he was with Luhan. His kisses, hugs, light touches, they all seemed so genuine.

Perhaps Sehun was a good actor.

 

 

 

Luhan watched with a heavy heart as Chanyeol and Sehun turned the corner, whispering among themselves. Luhan creeped behind them, making sure to keep his distance. But the two tall men were too distracted to notice Luhan.

"Yah Oppa! Open the damn door!"

Luhan flinched when he heard a shrill screech and heavy pounding on a wooden door. He peeked around the corner, eyes widening when he saw a pretty girl standing in front of Sehun's dorm. Luhan had never gone inside. Sehun was the one who usually visited him at his own dorm. The girl pounded on the door again, ignoring Chanyeol and Jongin who were walking up to her. Her blonde hair fell almost to her waist. The blonde faded to pink at the end and Luhan's thoughts jumped to his own hair. The pink looked much better on her and Luhan thought it was foolish that he ever allowed Chanyeol to do this to him. She looked mean, she had a face that screamed 'don't mess with me'. She looked tough and charismatic.

Everything Luhan was not.

Maybe it was right for her to be dating Sehun. They complimented each other well. She was just like him.

"I swear to ing god oppa, if you don't open this door right now, I will kick it down!"

Chanyeol approached the girl, laughing nervously, "Hey Juni! When did you come back?"

The girl, Juni, turned to Chanyeol with a disgusted look, "Still a clumsy aren't you?"

Now Luhan was angry. His blood boiled. Who does she think she is? Waltzing here to Sehun, who was Luhan's boyfriend, and insulting Chanyeol.

"Still a little whiny , aren't you." Jongin said, pulling Chanyeol behind him. Luhan clapped his hand over his mouth, trying not to giggle at Jongin's comeback.

The door finally opened and a groggy Sehun stepped out into the hallway. Luhan resisted the urge to go up to him and hug him. His black hair was all messed up and he was wearing sweats and a thin muscle tank, "It's almost one, what the hell is wrong with you peop- Juni?!"

Juni smiled, "Hey oppa, I'm back."

Sehun blinked, trying to register what was in front of him. Juni didn't give him the chance because she jumped him. Luhan's heart dropped to his stomach as he watched the girl wrap her legs around his waist and press an aggressive kiss on his lips. His eyes widened as he watched them.

He knew it.

Luhan stepped back slowly, still not believing what was happening. He tried to go back  quietly but he tripped over his feet and crashed to the ground, bring down a flower pot with him. He sat on the ground, tears in his eyes. Sehun pulled away and pushed Juni off of him, "L-Luhan?"

Chanyeol's eyes widened and Jongin turned murderously towards Juni. Luhan scrambled up and brushed the dirt off of him. He bowed lowly to the four students in the hallway and ran.







 

Luhan spent the night in a 24 hour cafe. He walked back to the campus in the morning, not wanting to go to class nor go back to his dorm. He knew Sehun would be there. Luhan's phone buzzed. It's been buzzing nonstop. He knew the texts were from Sehun, Chanyeol or Jongin so he ignored them. The phone stopped buzzing after four and Luhan could breath a sigh of relief. Now it buzzed two more times. Luhan clicked on the on button, checking the message on the lockscreen.

Unknown number: now do you understand?

Unknown number: Sehun isn't yours. He will never be yours

Luhan: why are you doing this to me?

No reply.

Luhan sighed heavily. With everything going on, he really needed a milkshake. So he walked to the college campus coffee shop. He ordered an extra large milkshake to soothe the extra large wound in his heart. He sat down at a booth, the one where he usually sits and started drinking. His pink hair was knotted and his clothes were wrinkled. He had deep bags under his eyes and he probably smelled terrible. No wonder the barista gave him such a weird look. Luhan's eyes slowly closed shut, exhausted with the emotional drain he had gone through.

"Luhan?"

Luhan stiffened at the familiar voice. His heart seemed to break all over again when he looked up, catching sight of Sehun's puffy red eyes.

Had he....had he been crying?

"Have you been crying?" Sehun asked, a hand slowly reaching out to caress Luhan's cheek. The pink haired male slapped the latter's hand away.

"Oh god, Lu don't do this."

"Don't do what? I didn't do anything. I didn't cheat on my boyfriend. I didn't keep secrets from my boyfriend."

"Luhan!"

Luhan looked up from his milkshake, giving Sehun a murderous look. The taller flinched and sat down, "Don't give me that look baby, I never met to hurt you."

Luhan's phone buzzed.

Unknown number: he doesn't mean it

"I promise you, she and I were a thing of the past. I only dated her for two weeks before realizing how insane she was."

Unknown number: he's lying. It was more like a month

"She got in trouble, smoking and all that. Her parents sent her away and I thought I would never have to see her again. Luhan I swear, I don't feel anything for her."

Unknown number: if he really did like you, he would've stopped you last night in the hotel.

"Please put that phone away. Luhan look at me!"

Luhan shoved the phone in his pocket and slammed a couple of bills on the table. He got up and left the café. On his way out, he could see a familiar head of blonde and pink hair.

He scoffed.