Picture 11: Friends are irreplaceable

Polaroid

Jongin groaned as he sat up, a pain shooting up his back. He had been lying on the ground for the past couple of hours and it didn't do any good to his back. He looked around, grimacing when he saw how nasty his dorm was. Usually Kyungsoo dropped by to help him clean it but he hasn't visited for over a week. Neither have any of his other friends. And in all honesty, Jongin missed his friends. Even Luhan....especially Luhan.

Jongin regretted what he did to Luhan. He was just in shock and upset that no one had told him such an important thing. It seemed like everyone knew about Luhan except Jongin and he didn't like that. Was he not trustable to be told a secret?

Well now, definitely not.

Jongin groaned. He ed up bad. And not just with Luhan, with Sehun and Kyungsoo too. He was such an to them, egging them on and pushing their buttons. Kyungsoo was the one who always took care of Jongin and how did he repay the short male? By being a major douche bag. Jongin was pulled out of his thoughts by faint knocking on his dorm door. He looked up to see a shadow from behind the door. Seconds later, something was pushed under the crack of the door and the shadow disappeared.

Jongin pushed himself up, cringing when he got a sniff of his own body odor. Man he's got to take a shower. He walked over to the door, bending over to pick up the piece of paper. Jongin narrowed his eyes, it wasn't a piece of paper....it was a picture. It was the picture of him and Luhan. Jongin flipped the picture around and smiled when he saw Luhan's neat handwriting on the back.

I hope we can be friends again. We miss you.....Sehun misses you.

Something in Jongin's heart tugged and he held onto the picture a bit tighter.

It's time he fixed what he broke.



 

Luhan flipped the page, gently tracing the pad of his pointer finger down the page as he continued to read. Without taking his eyes off the book, he picked up his milkshake and took a long sip. He was currently situated in the campus coffee shop, happily curled up in a booth with a good book and a chocolate milkshake. He was so engrossed in the book that he didn't notice someone sitting down across from him.

Actually three people.

Luhan looked up when he heard someone clear their throat. Sitting across from him was Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Xiumin, who were all looking at him expectedly.

"Can I help you?" Luhan signed irritably, he just wanted to read his book in peace.

Xiumin smirked, "Yes you can actually."

Kyungsoo leaned closer, resting his elbows on the table, "How was it?"

Luhan sighed heavily and folded the corner of the page. He heavy-heartedly pushed the book aside and stared down the three males in front of him.

"How was what?"

Xiumin gasped, "Your date! Obviously."

Chanyeol wiggled in his seat, "Did you guys....you know..." he leaned closer, dropping his voice to a whisper, "Kiss?"

Luhan's eyes widened as he shook his head. Chanyeol deflated visibly.

"What? No kiss? That's a bummer." Xiumin said, grazing through the menu, "What happened?"

Luhan shrugged, "We got bubble tea and went to Jongdae's show. Stayed there for a bit and walked back."

Kyungsoo scrunched his face after Xiumin translated what Luhan had signed, "That's it? No touching? No hugging?"

Luhan smiled sheepishly, "We held hands and in the elevator...nevermind."

Xiumin gasped, "You can't just leave us hanging like that! Tell us."

"There were like twenty people in the elevator and this creepy guy had cornered me and Sehun squeezed in between me and him. And then he got pushed by this other guy and his hands were on my waist."

Xiumin quickly translated and Chanyeol almost knocked over Luhan's milkshake in excitement.

"You guys are the cutest!" Kyungsoo cooed. He opened his mouth to say something else when he froze. His jaw clenched and his eyes turned almost murderous. Luhan frowned and looked to where Kyungsoo was glaring at. There, stood Jongin. His hands in his pocket and with a sheepish smile on his face. His pink hair was damp and stuck to his forehead.

"Lu-"

Kyungsoo cut him off, "Don't talk to him."

Jongin held up a picture in his hand, the same one Luhan slid underneath his dorm door, "I got your note Luhan. I just want to talk." Luhan studied the pink haired male before nodding. Xiumin frowned, "Lu, you can't possibly be even thi-"

Luhan cut him off with a hand in the air, "Go. I can take care of myself."

Xiumin seemed reluctant but he got up and dragged Kyungsoo and Chanyeol away. Jongin smiled appreciatively and sat down from across Luhan.

"Listen, I know I'm a terrible human being."

Luhan nodded.

"But I was just so upset that no one told me anything and I overreacted and I hurt you.....something I shouldn't be forgiven about."

"Damn right."

Luhan stiffened as he slowly looked up. Standing behind Jongin was an angry looking Sehun. One hand in his coat pocket while the other holding a muffin.

"Sehun I-"

"Save it." Sehun said simply as he sat down next to Luhan. He pushed the muffin to the smaller male, "Your favorite. I went through hell to get this muffin so you better enjoy it."

Luhan grinned and poked Sehun's cheek as a thank you, initiating a small smile from the latter. Jongin frowned as he took the two in. Two weeks ago, Sehun and Luhan didn't sit in a five foot radius of each other but now, Luhan was basically on top of the black haired male. Jongin could see Sehun's hand resting on Luhan's thigh as they talked. Both were turned towards each other, completely forgetting that Jongin existed.

"So..." the pink haired male started awkwardly. Sehun looked up, his gaze stone cold. Jongin had seen him use that glare on many other people, like his father or SungJu, the guy that always picked on Chanyeol, but never on him. This just further proved how bad Jongin ed up.

"Sehun please....I'm sorry."

Sehun leaned backwards against the booth, "Luhan forgives you, I forgive you."

Jongin turned to Luhan desperately, "Please Lu, I just want my friends back."

"I was never really mad. I knew you had a reason."

Sehun rolled his eyes but translated the sentence anyway. Jongin smiled widely, "Really?!"

Luhan nodded, "I was hurt though. My biggest fear had just come true, my friend turning on me because of my disability."

Sehun frowned, "It's not a disability, don't you ever call it a disability."

Luhan turned to Sehun, exasperated, "Well what do you call it?!"

"A gift."

"A gift?"

"You're different....special. You can communicate fluently without talking. I don't know anyone else who could do that."

Luhan felt his insecurities melting. He had always thought of him not being able to speak as a setback. Sehun seemed to make the idea beautiful with just a sentence. Jongin cleared his throat awkwardly, "Uh guys? I'm still here."

"He forgives you, now scram."
 

Luhan slid his backpack off his shoulder as he sat on the stool next to Kyungsoo. It was free period and the five of them decided to meet up in an empty science classroom. Luhan was wrapped up in many layers of clothes, a bright red scarf tucked around his neck.

Kyungsoo looked up from his notebook in amusement, "Cold LuLu?"

Luhan nodded. Kyungsoo grinned and passed him his coffee mug which was full of freshly brewed warm tea. Luhan took it gratefully and let the warm ceramic heat up his frozen fingers. Just seconds later, Chanyeol and Jongin come tripping into the room, laughing about god knows what. Sehun was a couple steps behind, and as usual, dawned a straight face. Kyungsoo noticed his lips softened and he shot a soft, barely visible smile to Luhan who beamed back.

"So I was thinking..." Jongin started.

"Oh that's never good." Kyungsoo said as he jotted a quick sentence down in his notebook. Jongin rolled his eyes, "Ha ha very funny. I was thinking that for winter break, we could all go somewhere."

Chanyeol raised his hand causing Kyungsoo to scoff, "Chanyeol baby, you're not in class. Don't raise your hand."

Chanyeol slowly lowered his hand, "What about the beach?"

Jongin scrunched his nose, "Nah, we went last year remember?"

Sehun frowned, "How could I forget, someone poured sand in my suitcase. I'm still shaking sand out of my clothes."

Jongin smiled sheepishly, "Guilty."

Chanyeol turned to Sehun, "What about your place. I heard it's huge."

Sehun shook his head and gave a harsh no.

"But Jongdae said that you're parents weren't going to be there."

Jongin clapped his hands, "Well it's settled, we're going to Sebooty's mansion for winter break."

Sehun turned to Jongin, "Wait...you can understand Luhan?"

Jongin cutely nodded, "Well yea, sign language isn't as hard as it seems."

Everyone stared at him in awe. Jongin frowned, "What?! I read."

Kyungsoo tutted, "I doubt it."

"Hey!"