Picture 24: All monsters are humans behind a mask

Polaroid

I have been on a writing spree omg, make sure you read chapter 23 first!


Luhan sighed as the hot water hit the back of his neck. It seemed like things were finally falling into place. Downstairs, grandfather was conversing with Jongin and Chanyeol while Kyungsoo was making a quick snack for everyone. Luhan had a peace of mind once more. Against all odds, Sehun had come and found him. Even when Luhan ran away, like a coward.

Luhan was jolted out of his thoughts when he heard the bathroom door slowly creak open. He stuck his head out, covering the rest of his body with the floral shower curtain. Through the thick steam, he saw Sehun smiling at him, his black hair messily fallen over his forehead. Sehun smirked at Luhan's rosy cheeks, knowing it wasn't from the hot water.

"I was getting bored downstairs and I needed to go to the bathroom."

Luhan raised an eyebrow.

"Okay I didn't need to go to the bathroom." Sehun shut the door behind him, causing Luhan to clutch the shower curtain tighter. The black haired male smiled, "I'm not going to do anything you don't want to. I'm just going to sit here." He said while sliding slowly down against the wall until his hit the floor. Luhan gave him one last look before sliding the shower curtain fully shut. Sehun sighed as he leaned his head back against the wall, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Silence.

"I'm talking about the texts Luhan. Chanyeol said he saw a couple but didn't say anything because he didn't want to make you uncomfortable."

Luhan stayed silent. Sehun knew the latter was thinking, perhaps that he didn't tell anyone because he didn't want to burden his friends. So he decided to change the topic, "Jongin wanted me to tell you his secret."

Luhan peeked his head out of the shower curtain. Sehun took this as a signal to keep talking, "He was playing with his cousin when he was little..in a restricted construction area." Sehun continued to talk. The more Luhan heard, the stronger the urge got to cry. Sehun finally stopped. In the white noise of the water, Sehun heard little sniffling. Immediately the black haired male stood up. He grabbed the hem of his shirt, but hesitated, "Can..Can I join you?"

There was no answer and Sehun didn't get a shampoo bottle thrown at him he expected that to be Luhan's answer. Instead the shower curtain slowly slid to the right. Sehun smiled and quickly discarded of his clothes. Luhan had his back towards his tall boyfriend as he stepped into the tub. He heard the shower curtain slowly get pulled back towards the left, completely incasing Luhan and Sehun in their own little bubble.

Luhan's breath hitched when he felt a soft hand on his arm. His eyes were squeezed shut as Sehun slowly turned him around. The tall male gently wiped traces of tears off Luhan's cheek with the pad of his thumb.

"Open your eyes."
The whisper was soft, but loud in Luhan's ringing ears. He slowly peeled one eye open, meeting Sehun's stormy dark eyes.

"I won't move my eyes from here." The taller male said softly. Luhan nodded timidly and gulped. Sehun reached for the light blue loofa with cat ears. He chuckled as he held it up, "Cute." Luhan cracked a soft smile.


"Xiumin knows about the stalker." Sehun said, breaking the tension in the air. He poured soap on the loofa and started rubbing Luhan's shoulders, massaging them as he cleaned, "Apparently, when he heard, he tripped over his own flip-flop and fell into the pool." Luhan couldn't help but giggle. Sehun smiled as well, "Yea, Injeon had to fish him out." Luhan's giggles turned into harder laughter as he imagine his best friend falling into the pool, head first and eyes wide as he tried to regain his balance.

"On a more serious note, Xiumin's been seeing a counselor. They have sessions every three days. Xiumin says he feels lighter."

Luhan smiled, this was good news. The first step to recovery is always getting rid of your worries.
"Turn."
Luhan slowly spun, shivering when he felt Sehun's long fingers start massaging his head.

"Such cute pink locks." Sehun cooed, gently tugging at the strands. Luhan pouted, he was not cute. As if Sehun read his mind, the latter spoke up, "No matter what you think, you are adorable."

Luhan resisted the urge to elbow his tall boyfriend in the torso right on those delicious abs.

They stayed quiet as Sehun used to detachable shower head to rinse off the suds in Luhan's hair. Luhan felt Sehun spin him around once more. He could feel his calloused hands gently wipe the water and stray soap suds off his face. Luhan slowly opened his eyes only to see Sehun staring intently into them. Luhan couldn't help it. He went up on his tiptoes, his hands gently resting on Sehun's chest as he connected their lips.

He missed kissing Sehun. The latter had a way of moving his lips, conveying every feeling he could. Sometimes it was playful, other times it was passion or lust. But the kiss they were locked in was different. It was a mix of all of them. Luhan smiled softly under the kiss as he felt Sehun's hands on his cheeks, holding him tenderly.

The kiss was conveying love.



 

"And they're alive!" Jongin catcalled from his position on the couch. Sehun rolled his eyes as he ruffled his wet hair with a towel. Luhan raised his hands to respond but was cut off by his own sneeze. The said sneeze got four 'aww's. Luhan pouted as he tried to glare at his friends. It didn't work, he just looked like a wet kitten. Sehun slung the semi-wet towel around his neck and grabbed Luhan's towel and started rubbing the latter's hair. Luhan scoffed, feeling like a child as Sehun sat him down in his lap.

"I see you guys had a fun shower." Jongin said, wiggling his eyebrows. Kyungsoo didn't hesitate smacking him with the nearest pillow, "Leave them alone." The brown haired male turned to Luhan and gave him a wink, "It's none of our business, how the two spend their fun shower time."

The three erupted in laughter as Luhan hid under the towel, his cheeks burning. Yes there was a lot of kissing and maybe a bit of roaming hands but they didn't do anything!

"I see you're taking care of my incompetent grandson."

Sehun looked up to see Luhan's grandfather walk in with an envelope. The old man had a smile on his face before reaching into Luhan's bag which was sitting on the couch, along with his suitcase. He gave the envelope to Kyungsoo and pulled out Luhan's Polaroid. He snapped a picture of Luhan being dwarfed in Sehun's lap while the latter dried his hair. He waited as the picture printed and he blew on it gently, helping the picture develop faster.

Once it did, he handed it to Sehun, "Keep it safe." Both males knew he wasn't talking about the picture.

"No way!"

Luhan looked up to see Kyungsoo holding five first class tickets, "Grandfather, you didn't have to!" He said excitedly. Chanyeol let out a whoop as he took the tickets from his smaller boyfriend. Growing up in a middle class family, Chanyeol never traveled in a seat besides economy. Jongin was used to it, seeing how he ran away with Sehun during high school a couple of times to exotic places. Grandfather shook his head, "No, I wanted to. Get back to Korea safely boys."

Luhan embraced his grandfather tightly.


 

 

"Home sweet home." Luhan signed as Sehun opened his dorm room open for him. Chanyeol placed Luhan's suitcase on the ground, "Jongdae should be over in a few with Muki."

Luhan's heart quickened, he missed his baby girl. Kyungsoo walked inside with Jongin on his back, literally. The tanned male was whining on and on about Kyungsoo making him dinner and helping him with his literature essay. Luhan's phone buzzed and the pink haired male rummaged through his jacket pocket for it. Xiumin had promised to text that day and Luhan was excited to hear from his best friend.

Unknown number: you are making this very difficult for me Luhan

Sehun must have seen Luhan stiffen because he peered over the smaller's shoulder, "What's wrong babe?" His jaw clenched when he saw the text.
Sehun grabbed the phone and angrily typed something. 
Luhan gasped and snatched the phone away, but too late. The message already sent.

Luhan: 17th Emerald way, the dance studios, room 13.

Luhan: Meet me there at 7:00, I have something you want.

Luhan gasped and smacked Sehun's arm, "What have you done?!"

Sehun pouted, looking at his boyfriend with a wounded look, "I got angry. That bastard can't keep messing with you like that. I'm ending this, once and for all."

Luhan's phone buzzed again in his hand. This time Kyungsoo picked it up. "Hmm, I look forward to finally meeting you."  The brown haired male read out loud.

"Hello peasants! Your queen has arrived!"

Luhan turned around to see Jongdae leaning against the doorway, Muki's cage in one hand. Luhan gasped and ran towards the lanky male. Jongdae set down the cage and opened his arms for a hug but Luhan got to his knees and opened the cage. Muki came bounding out, yapping happily as she her owner's face.

"Oh man, putting the dog before me? That hurts cuties." Jongdae whined, "Even after I brought you a present?"

Luhan looked up, an eyebrow raised. Jongdae clapped his hands and out from behind him, a brown haired male smiled, "Hey LuLu."

Jongdae smirked and slapped a ribbon bow on the male's chest, "You are welcome cutie."

"Xiumin!"

Luhan stood up and threw himself on his best friend. "Miss me?"

"How..?"

"Injeon had to go to America for a cousin's wedding so I decided to come here, because I'm not really fond of her cousins, I mean they are some knuckle-headed dou- im rambling aren't I?" 

Luhan laughed as he pulled Xiumin in for a hug once more. Jongdae frowned, "Seriously cutie, none for me?" Luhan giggled at Jongdae's antics and pressed a friendly kiss on the latter's cheek, "Thank you Jongdae."

Jongin scoffed at Jongdae's surprised expression, "He said thank you."

Jongdae blinked.

"Lu, I think you broke Jongdae."


 

"Okay, you guys ready?"

Luhan shook his head. Sehun wrapped an arm around the latter's lithe waist and held him close to his body. One hand came up the gently caress the pink haired male's cheek. The movements were so soft, so loving. Luhan gently moved Sehun's hand towards his lips and placed kissed against the latter's knuckles.

"All you have to do, is draw the person out into the light. I'll take care of the rest."

Luhan nodded. Chanyeol looked up from his laptop. The tall male had placed a motion sensor near the front door because the studio was closed on the Sundays and whoever came through the door was the person they wanted to catch. "Guys, we've got movement. They are heading up."

Kyungsoo pinched Chanyeol's cheek affectionately and peppered the male's face with kisses, "My cute computer whiz."

Jongdae gagged and went to switch all the lights off, "God you guys are worse than Luhan and Sehun."

The studio fell into suffocating darkness. Luhan whimpered, his childhood fear overcoming him once more.

"You're okay baby, just listen to my voice." Sehun's voice came out from the darkness. Luhan could hear him shuffling over to the light panels, switching on the spotlight so only Luhan was lit up. The rest hid in the shadows. Xiumin was hiding in the corner with Jongin while Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Jongdae took refuge in the closet. They cracked open the door so they could see who was meeting Luhan. Sehun stood flush against the back wall mirrors, directly behind Luhan but hidden in the darkness. His choice of dark jeans and a black sweatshirt helped him blend in.

Luhan checked the time on his phone nervously, 6:30.

The person was early, perhaps waiting to catch Luhan off guard. Luckily they had set up an hour earlier. Luhan's heart was beating quickly, faster than it ever did before. His stomach felt like butterflies, scratch that, an entire zoo got loose. He fidgeted in his spot, wringing his fingers nervously. He didn't know what else to do. Suddenly the door slowly opened. The harsh light of the hallway made a outline of the person, before they stepped into darkness.

"Well, I see you came early."
Luhan shrugged. The voice seemed chillingly familiar.

He fumbled for his phone.

Luhan: come into the light.

The person laughed as they checked their phone. It was definitely a girl, "Well, I have nothing to loose." Luhan prepared himself to see perhaps Juni, maybe someone else. But he wasn't prepared to see this....see her. The girl laughed, her once innocent face was harsh and bitter in the lowlight, "What, cat got your tongue?"

Her smug face quickly turned to shock as the lights flickered on. While she was talking, Sehun moved slowly towards the light switches and turned them on. She looked like she was a deer that was caught in headlights.

Luhan didn't want to but he slowly turned around, looking at Xiumin. The brown haired male looked wrecked, as he sat on the floor.
"NO."

Luhan flinched at the loud cry.

"NO! You can't do this to me!" The male was sobbing. He was hurt enough, this just added to the pain, "Y-you...can't..." His voice trailed off. 

Jongdae rushed out of the closet and went to Xiumin's side, hugging the male tightly as he glared at the girl. "You should be ashamed of yourself...Injeon." He spat her name like it was an insult.

Luhan looked at her, no words were needed to convey what he was asking.

Why.

Injeon pointed at Sehun, who was making his way towards Luhan, "Him. It had always been him."

Sehun froze, looking between Luhan and Xiumin. The tall male looked extremely guilty. Xiumin just held his head with his hands. Jongdae had one arm around him, gently rubbing his back. "I've wanted Sehun since I first saw him, back when I visited Xiumin one weekend. I saw him walking towards the library and my heart was set."

Chanyeol was disgusted, "What about Xiumin, your current boyfriend, your fiancé."

Injeon shrugged, "It was business."

Kyungsoo looked in pain. "But all those tears...you care for him in the hospital...you took him to that resort." Injeon just stared blankly at the male.

"I went through so much trouble, I even brought that punk , Juni, or whatever from London so she could torment Luhan. You guys would've never guessed it was me. I spent so much money getting people to follow Luhan, to get his information."

Luhan was in shock. The black haired girl was so sweet, caring for Xiumin and buying things for Luhan. The way she interacted with Xiumin, Luhan was convinced she was in love with him.

Now Luhan knew. She was just a good actress.


 Instagram    Tumblr