Picture 29: Take you down

Polaroid

I've been listening to Exo's new album nonstop, consider my weave throughly snatCHED


Luhan rolled on his chair as he grabbed another sheet he printed out. Xiumin got so sick of waiting in a line at the library to print things that he went out and bought his own. Luhan wasn't complaining, it was very useful. Luhan bit his lip thoughtfully as he scanned the page. He uncapped a pink highlighter and circled a couple sentences on the page. He kept the cap in his mouth as he went through the essay, highlighting things that needed work. Luhan was the one that all his friends came to for essay revision. The pink haired male read more than anything and in doing so, developed a way with his words. He was, besides Kyungsoo, the best writer.

Kyungsoo had his novel sent to multiple publications, but all of them turned him down merely because Kyungsoo was just a college student. Luhan found that distasteful and brought it upon himself to talk to his grandfather. Luhan's grandfather was an important, powerful man in China. Luhan could have access to good connections if he could just convince his grandfather of Kyungsoo's talent.

Luhan stood up, his fluffy washed out pink hair falling over his eyes as he went to open the door. He had heard faint knockings over his loud music. Luhan opened the door, not looking up at who it was. He was still focused on Jongdae's essay.

"Um...Luhan?"

Luhan's eyes widened at the unfamiliar voice and he looked up. Yixing was standing in front of him, his black hair styled down today, giving him an innocent look.

Luhan tensed when he realized that he was in his pajamas, his hair was a mess and he had no makeup on. Luhan took the highlighter cap from his mouth and slowly capped the pen. He nonchalantly tugged his actually it was Chanyeol's sweatshirt further down. The weather was slowly warming up and Luhan had switched from heavy sweatpants to light shorts.

Luhan took out his phone and typed something in the notes app.

Can I help you?

Yixing nodded, "I um..I just needed help getting around campus? I wanted to go work out for a while but I didn't know where the gym was."

Luhan raised an eyebrow. He typed something else out.

Yet you know where my dorm is?

Yixing tensed, "Well um..I saw Sehun come into this building a lot and since he doesn't visit me, I assumed it was you."

You live in this building?

Yixing pointed to the door at the end of the hallway, "There."

Luhan couldn't help but sigh. He didn't have a choice did he?

Give me a minute to change. Please, come in.

Yixing smiled, his dimple made an appearance, "Thank you Luhan."

Luhan nodded and allowed the male to step into his dorm. He shut it slowly behind him and grabbed Jongdae's essay.  Luhan knew that Jongdae was crashing at Chanyeol and Kyungsoo's dorm for the weekend so he could just drop by after showing Yixing to the gym. Luhan stapled the papers together and set them on his desk. He peered out into the living room to see Yixing sitting on the couch, typing away on his phone. He traded his usual black jeans for workout shorts.

He looked...harmless. 
But Luhan knew better. He wasn't going to judge Yixing for his past. Everyone changes. Luhan just needed time to see if it was the same for Yixing. 
Luhan shut the bedroom door and yanked off the enormous sweatshirt. As he grabbed a loose top from his wardrobe, his phone buzzed. 
Luhan held the shirt in his mouth as he unlocked his phone.

Tol mean bean 🖤where are you?

BabyLu: heading to Soo's, why?

Tol mean bean🖤: no reason

Luhan frowned at the random text but set his phone aside and continued to get dressed. He finally finished with tying his bangs back so they stuck up like a cute pink fountain on his head. Luhan grabbed Jongdae's essay and slid his phone into his back pocket. He opened the door to see Yixing standing by the kitchen counter, where Luhan kept his photobook.

He was flipping through the pages, taking in the pictures. Luhan watched as the dimpled male frowned. Yixing set his phone down and slowly pulled out a specific Polaroid. Luhan could see it was the one of him and Sehun. The one his grandfather took. Sehun had a ghost of a smile as he dried Luhan's hair. Luhan was pouting but clearly happy to be in Sehun's arms. Luhan ducked back into his room, just in time to avoid being seen by Yixing. 

The male looked behind him, and when he deemed the coast was clear, he slipped the picture into his pocket. Yixing quickly set everything back to the way it was and sat back down. Luhan let out a deep shaky breath before coming out of his room.

Yixing stood up, smiling, "Okay, let's go."



 

Luhan was very suspicious as this point. He had no idea what Yixing planned to do with the picture. Luhan didn't know why he didn't stop the dimpled male, catching him red handed. Maybe he was curious.

"God can you stop sighing!" Jongdae flipped through the papers Luhan gave him, "That was your fifth sigh in two minutes."

Chanyeol frowned and gently shoved Jongdae, "Stop that, maybe something is bothering him."

Luhan blinked, looking at Chanyeol. The brown haired male froze, "It..it isn't texts again is it?"

Kyungsoo popped out of the kitchen, "It better not be."

Luhan shook his head and grabbed a pen. He scribbled something on a loose paper and handed it to Chanyeol.

"Yixing came over and asked to be escorted to the gym. I caught him stealing one of my Polaroids. He doesn't know that I know." Chanyeol read out loud, his eyes widening as he read the entire sentence. Kyungsoo snapped his head up, "He stole something?" Luhan nodded. 

Jongdae fidgeted in his place. Luhan had almost forgotten. Yixing was technically also his cousin. Kyungsoo stayed quiet for a while before speaking up, "Luhan, change into some gym clothes. I have an idea."




 

"I hate you."

"I don't know what you're saying."

"I hope you burn all your meals."

"I still don't know what you're saying."

Luhan let out a frustrated groan. Jongdae smiled and pinched the latter's cheek, "Smile cutie! You look H O T." Jongdae said, spelling out the word. Luhan rolled his eyes.

Stupid Kyungsoo, stupid plan. He pulled uncomfortably at his shorts. Stupid clothes.

"Okay go to him and try to get his perspective of Sehun."


Luhan glared at Chanyeol who let out a squeak before trying to hide behind his boyfriend, which was absolutely ridiculous. Chanyeol had a good amount of height on Kyungsoo. Luhan clenched his jaw but stormed out towards Yixing who was benching some weights. He waited until the male came up for air. When he saw Luhan, he was pleasantly surprised, "Oh, hey Luhan! What's up?"

Luhan shrugged and motioned to his biceps. Yixing made a face, "You work out?"

Luhan gasped, quite offended by the statement. He raised his shirt, showing off his deliciously forming abs. Yixing's eyes widened as he quickly looked away, "Geez sorry, you just didn't seem like the type to be a gym rat."

Luhan pulled out his phone and typed something.

Jongin. He drags me to the gym.

Yixing nodded, "And is this Jongin here now? Or are you with Sehun?" Luhan shook his head. He started typing something in his phone when Yixing stopped him, "You know, it'll be easier if I just gave you my phone number."

Luhan bit back the sour taste in his mouth and smiled. He handed his phone to Yixing and while the male was distracted, he turned around. Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Jongdae were watching him so Luhan showed them a gesture which wasn't very Luhan-like. Kyungsoo quickly covered Chanyeol's eyes and Luhan resisted the urge to smack his forehead.

"Here you go."

Luhan took the phone from Yixing.

Luhan: so why are you here?

Yixing shrugged, "Like every other student, I came to learn and graduate."

Luhan nodded and resisted the urge to type 'you snake why are you after my sehun'. Instead he typed a nicer question.

Luhan: why does Sehun hate you so much?

Yixing shrugged once more and Luhan was becoming very annoyed by his lack of character, "The kid is jealous. I stole his girl and she liked me better than him, he couldn't stand it."

Luhan really had to fight hard and not land a solid punch on the latter's well defined jaw. Yixing scooted closer, his fingers ghosting over Luhan's hand, "He's probably scared it'll happen again."  Luhan removed Yixing's hand off of his and set it down on the bench. He patted it awkwardly and stood up.

Luhan: I have to get going now

Yixing smiled, "Okay Lu! I'll see you later."

Luhan faked a smile and disappeared around the corner. As soon as he was out of sight, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Jongdae surrounded him.

"Well? What happened?"

Luhan didn't hold back his anger, "That no good son of a . Ima take Jongdae's skateboard and shove it up his ."

"We still don't know what you're saying."


 

 

Yixing knocked on the door to his father's office.

"Come in."

Yixing opened the door, smiling widely, "Dad! How are you?"

The headmaster stood up, pleasantly surprised, "Yixing? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be heading to your next class."

Yixing nodded, "I just left early so I can pop in and say hi."

Headmaster Oh grinned and patted his son's shoulder, "Well, how are you liking it here?"

Yixing sat down across from his father who assumed his normal position in his big fancy rolling chair, "It's good dad but...I found something at Sehun's apartment." Yixing knew his dad was orthodox. If he didn't like Sehun's little fling in high school, he was going to hate this. Yixing wasn't strong, or able to take people on head first. But he was smart, and he intended to use his brain to get what he wanted.

"Oh? You were with Sehun?"

Yixing nodded, putting on his best 'kicked puppy' expression, "I've tried making up with him but he just hates me! I don't understand how my own-" Yixing stopped and pretended to choke on his tears, "I'm sorry...I just don't understand how my own brother could hate me."

Headmaster Oh frowned and gently patted his son's hand, "Its alright Yixing, I'll talk to him."

Yixing shook his head, "No! It's between me and him!"

His father protested, "If he's being this unfair to you, I have to step in."

Yixing smiled softly, "Thanks dad."

"Now, what did you find in his apartment?"

Yixing took the Polaroid out of his pocket and slid it against the table. Headmaster Oh put on his glasses as he picked up the picture, "Oh."

"I know. Sehun is in a relationship with a male. He's ruining your reputation dad."

Headmaster Oh set the picture down sighing, "Luhan. Son of a Chinese business man."

Yixing frowned, "Y-you know him?"

The older man nodded, "Sehun did some stupid things for him, saying stuff like how he loved the boy like I loved your..." Headmaster Oh faltered, realizing his mistake, "How I loved his birth mother."

Yixing swallowed the bitter taste in his mouth, "So you're okay with it?"

The old man nodded slowly, "Honestly, after he started dating that boy, he's been more obedient. He's going to lectures and he's topping his classes."

Yixing bit his upper lip as he pocketed the picture, "Oh, okay. I just thought you should know....I have to get to class now."

His father nodded once more before turning back to his computer, "Alright. Pay attention in class."

Yixing hummed a reply and walked out of the door. The innocent smile melting into a scowl as soon as his back was turned. His hand closed over the picture, his first clenching until the Polaroid crumbled up into a ball in his fist.

"You win this one Oh, but I'm going to take you down....again."


also Yixing is an actual angel in real life! He's even my ultimate. I just needed conflict~