Picture 12: Cozy talks around the fireplace

Polaroid

Double Update! Beause the previous chapter was so short! Make sure to read chapter 11 first.


The next week went by fast for Luhan. He was excited to spend his first vacation with his friends. He was bummed when he found out that Xiumin wouldn't be able to join them but with the promise of chocolate, Xiumin got off the hook. Now it was Friday, the last day of school before winter break officially started. And the students were going insane. Teachers were having difficulty keeping the kids in rein, and many just gave up. Luhan sat at the table he was assigned too, goggles strapped to his face and he was staring intently at the open flame. Kyungsoo, who was his lab partner, turned up the oxygen for the Bunsen burner, making the flame turn a cool blue color.

"Perfect, you ready?"

Luhan nodded cutely and Kyungsoo smiled widely at Luhan's hair. His fluffy honey blonde hair was tied up in an apple bob, to keep it out of his face. Now it looked like a fountain on top of his head. Kyungsoo held up the stick coated in the first chemical and put it under the fire. Luhan smiled and clapped his hands when the fire turned a fiery green. Doing a chemistry lab the day before break was debatable but somehow the students managed not to blow anything up. After they finished the lab, Kyungsoo cleaned up as Luhan started on the follow up questions.

"Hey baby."

Kyungsoo spun around to see Chanyeol standing behind him, hands tucked into his front pocket as he flashed a brilliant smile.

"Chan!" Kyungsoo exclaimed, forgetting about the open faucet, "What are you doing here?"

Chanyeol leaned forward, pecking Kyungsoo's lips as he turned off the sink behind him, "The teacher let us out early and I knew you were in chem, so I decided to visit. And since Professor Lin loves me, I can stay."

Chanyeol faltered, "Well, as long as I don't pull a Jongin and knock down an entire row of test tubes."

"That was one time!" The said male exclaimed as he walked by.

Chanyeol looked around the room, "Where's Lu?"

Kyungsoo motioned to behind Chanyeol. The tall male turned around just in time to see Luhan catch Sehun's attention. The black haired male dropped his pencil and walked away from his lab partner He approached Luhan, saying something, most probably asking what's wrong. Luhan signed something, something about the lab questions. Unlike Sehun who was a natural born genius or Jongin who was a whiz at memorizing, Kyungsoo still had trouble learning sign language. But he was determined.

Sehun nodded and started pointing to things on paper. Slowly his arm raised up and rested comfortably on Luhan's waist. The latter was too focused on what Sehun was saying that he didn't realize. That or maybe it was completely okay for Sehun to hold him like that. Kyungsoo elbowed Chanyeol and pointed the scene out. The taller male squealed and his fist into the air in victory. Jongin, who turned around just in time to see Chanyeol standing awkwardly, hand in the air. He glanced at Kyungsoo, hoping for answers.

Kyungsoo smirked and motioned towards Sehun and Luhan with his head. Jongin turned around and his face fell when Luhan turned to Sehun, just inches away from him. Luhan signed a 'thank you' and Sehun just squeezed Luhan's waist tighter, pulling him into his body before letting him go. Luhan watched in awe as Sehun walked away.

Jongin turned back around and sighed, "Guess Sehun got dibs."










 

"You kids all buckled in?!"

"Why aren't we taking our separate cars?"

"My house is literally one hour away why do you have a blanket out Jongin?!"

"I need to go to the bathroom."

"We haven't even started the car!"

"I'm hungry."

"YOU JUST ATE MY WHOLE BAG OF ONION RINGS."

Luhan sighed as Chanyeol yelled at Jongin. The five seater car was still parked in the parking lot of the dorm building and chaos has already ensued. The second the bell rang for the last class, Luhan had raced out of class, Kyungsoo in tow. He stuffed a couple sweaters, shirts and pants into a small pink duffel bag before zipping it up and throwing it over his shoulder. Kyungsoo, being the responsible person he is, had packed both his and Chanyeol's bag ahead of time. Sehun didn't even bother because he had clothes at home and Jongin didn't care to pack his own clothes because he planned to just use Sehun's.

Sehun sat in the front, driving while Jongin sat shotgun.

Luhan sat on the left side, behind Jongin. Chanyeol scrunched up his long giraffe legs to squeeze into the middle and Kyungsoo happily sat in the window seat. The drive itself wasn't bad. It was short, only an hour long. Sehun played the radio on low volume and they traveled in somewhat silence. Jongin was the unfortunate soul to fall asleep first. Luhan, growing increasingly bored by the minute, rummaged through his backpack. He pulled out his makeup bag and fished for his black eyeliner. With careful movements, he slid into Chanyeol's lap and leaned forward so he could access Jongin's face.

Kyungsoo quickly caught on and snickered uncontrollably while pulling out his phone to record. Chanyeol looked through the small makeup bag and pulled out a circular thingy with pink powder in it.

"What's this?" He whispered.

"Blush."

"I don't speak hand!" Chanyeol whispered back. Sehun, who was watching this whole fiasco rolled his eyes, "It's blush you dumbo."

"Oh."

Luhan took the blush and slid his brush against the pink powder. After getting an ample amount, he applied it to Jongin's cheekbones.

Luhan chortled as he put the blush away and grabbed some mascara. He personally hated mascara and never used it but in times like these, he absolutely loved the thing. Jongin's eyes were shut and he was in deep sleep, allowing Luhan to apply the mascara on both top and bottom lashes. He sat back, accomplished with what he had just done.

"He's going to kill you."

Luhan shrugged, "He deserves it."

Sehun let out a snort, "Damn right baby."

Luhan snapped his head up, eyes wide as he stared at Sehun. The black haired male was too focused on switching lanes to realize what he had said. Luhan turned to see Kyungsoo and Chanyeol staring at him with the same expression.

At the same time, the three whipped out their phones.

KyungDoo: oh my goD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

Yeollie: is thAt the first time he called you that?!!

LuLu: yeA ! It sounds so natural coming out of his mouth guys kill mEEEEE

KyungDoo: OH YM GOD OH MT GOD OH MY GOD HE EVEN SMILED SNDJ HE NEVER SMILES

"What are you three doing back there?" Sehun asked, staring at Luhan through the rear view mirror, "You guys sound like you're dying."

"We areeee." Chanyeol hissed under his breath. Luhan elbowed his side and the tall male let out a yelp. Sehun gave the three a weird look before shaking his head and turning his attention back on the road.

Ten minutes passed and they approached a large gate, looming at least twenty feet over them. Sehun rolled down the window and stuck his hand out, making a motion with his fingers. The gates opened slowly and Sehun drove into the property. Luhan's mouth dropped open as they drove through a huge roundabout, stoping in front of two large doors. Sehun slammed the door shut, leaving the keys in the car. He opened the door, the same door Luhan was leaning on. The blonde haired male would have taken a nasty fall if Sehun hadn't caught him, but he did. Luhan smiled as Sehun helped him stand up straight. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were grinning happily as they watched the little scene in front of them take place. Chanyeol was about to follow Luhan out the door when Sehun slammed the door shut in his face.

"RUDE!" The tall male yelled as he poked gingerly at his nose. Sehun heard nothing but a muffled yell as he guided Luhan into the house. Jongin woke up from Chanyeol's yell and yawned loudly, "We're here?" He mumbled as he rubbed his eyes rid of sleep.

Kyungsoo clamped his hand over his mouth to stop the laughter from coming out as Jongin's mascara smudged along his eye. His cheeks were bright red from the blush. His eyes had a cat-eye look with the eyeliner. Kyungsoo mentally applauded Luhan for his skills. Jongin, who still noticed nothing, stumbled out of the car. His makeup smudged face effectively startled the maid who was standing by the door.

"Our bags are in the back." Jongin said as he walked by her. She nodded, trying her very best not to burst out laughing. Sehun on the other hand made a very weird noise when he saw Jongin.

"Dude what's with you?" Jongin asked, raising an eyebrow. Luhan snickered from behind Sehun and pulled out his Polaroid camera. He snapped a quick picture and waited for it to develop. As soon as it did, he stuffed it in his pocket without showing Jongin.

Just then, another maid came out from the kitchen, tripping when she saw Jongin's face, "I..um...Your dinner is ready and um...Young Master Kim? Your mascara is smudged." She giggled before running away. Chanyeol, who just stumbled through the door way, let out a loud laugh as Jongin wiped his eye. The tan male screamed when he saw black smudges on his fingers. He ran to the bathroom and another loud scream was heard when the light flicked on.

"LUUHAAAANN."


 

 

That night's dinner was the best dinner Luhan had ever eaten. It wasn't so much for the food, but the fact that he could eat with his best friends.
Usually he could only eat with one or two of them, seeing how their schedules clashed, and on top of that, he never had lunch with Sehun. So when he was seated across from the black haired male, his heart was thumping irrationally fast.

The five of them joked around, threw food (well only Jongin) and had generally a great time. Luhan couldn't remember a time where he had laughed so much. Then there was also the small glances he shared with Sehun. Every now and then, Luhan would look up from his food to see Sehun staring at him. The two would lock eyes for a second and then quickly look away, coughing awkwardly. Once the maids came in and cleared out the table, the group of friends moved into the a living room. It was a small cozy room compared to the rest of the house. Sehun shut the door and turned off the lights so the only light in the room came from the fireplace.

The fire was bright and flickered a hazy orange, coating the room with a dull red-orange tint. Luhan loved it. It was cold as he cuddled up into a love seat. Jongin was spread out on the floor and Kyungsoo was on Chanyeol's lap. The couple had taken up the main couch and no one really wanted to sit by them. Sehun left for a couple minutes before coming back with a couple mugs of steaming hot chocolate and coffee. Luhan declined the hot drink and settled with wrapping his arms around his body. Sehun seemed to notice the latter shivering because he picked up a blanket and sat next to the blonde haired male. He pulled Luhan closer, until his legs were pressed against the smaller male's legs and wrapped the blanket around them.

Luhan cheeks heated up immediately as he felt Sehun's body against him. Kyungsoo shot the smaller male a wink before going back to cuddling his own tall boyfriend.

"So....guess I'm the fifth wheel." Jongin said out loud, breaking the comfortable silence.

He got a pillow thrown at him by Kyungsoo and Luhan.

Sehun smiled softly as he looked at the smaller male. A smile that was not missed by Kyungsoo.

Luhan on the other hand shifted uncomfortably, having Sehun's boney knee pressing painfully against his own soft thighs. The latter must have gotten sick of all of Luhan's wiggling because he finally wrapped his arms around the smaller male and pulled him into his lap. Luhan froze as he felt a pair of strong arms wrap tightly around his torso. The back of his head was resting on a sturdy chest. They were so close that Luhan could feel each of Sehun's breaths.

And he wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
 

 

Luhan really doesn't remember when he fell asleep. The heat of the room, the rising and fall of Sehun's chest... it was all too comfortable. He blinked a couple times, ridding his eyes of sleep. Luhan was about to sit up when he felt something brush his ear.

"When did this happen?"

Luhan froze. He could hear and feel Sehun whispering in his ear.

"It just started out with you being Kyungsoo's little annoying friend."

Gee thanks. Luhan rolled his eyes.

"But every time I see that smile...I have this urge to make it appear again and again and again."

Luhan suddenly didn't feel so annoyed anymore.

"What have you done to me Luhan?"

Luhan wanted to scream. More like what you've done to me! Sehun had constantly been in Luhan's mind after their date and maybe before the date but that's not important right now.

"I don't want to love. I always end up hurting the people who care about me."

Luhan wanted to frown. You'll hurt me more if you don't love me. He thought desperately. Luhan almost shivered when he felt Sehun sigh heavily, his hot breath tickling the shell of Luhan's ear.

"Maybe if I just say it once, get it out of my system."

There was silence. Luhan had to force himself to breath normally.

"Luhan...I really do li-"

Luhan spun around, effectively startling Sehun. Before he could lose the courage, he pressed his lips against Sehun's.