Picture 18: A sorry to patch up a wounded heart

Polaroid

Chanyeol had to do something. He couldn't just let Luhan and Sehun break away like this!

"Don't think too hard baby boy, you'll hurt yourself." Kyungsoo said with a monotone as he continued his cooking.

Chanyeol was seated on the countertop, next to the stove where Kyungsoo was cooking. The smaller male didn't know what went down the night prior and Chanyeol didn't know how to bring the situation up over breakfast. He couldn't just say 'hey Kyungsoo, mega Juni is back and she kissed Sehun and Luhan saw and now I think they broke up, hey can you pass the salt?'.

No it didn't work like that.

"Seriously babe, what is with you."

Chanyeol looked up, snapping out of his thoughts. Kyungsoo was looking at him with a worried expression. Chanyeol shook his head and pouted when a few pieces of curly brown hair fell on his forehead and over his eyes. Kyungsoo smiled as he turned the burner down and reached up to push the hair out of Chanyeol's face. His hand slowly moved down to Chanyeol's cheek, his thumb rubbing against the latter's strong jaw.

"Chan...what happened last night?"

Chanyeol placed his hand over Kyungsoo's, bringing it up to his lips and peppered kisses on his soft fingers, "Bad things Kyungie, very bad things."

Chanyeol explained to the best of his abilities of what happened the previous night. Kyungsoo only got more and more tense until he slammed his wooden spoon on the counter and turned off the stove. He tugged off his apron and walked to the closet to grab a coat. Chanyeol followed, already dressed to go to class. His skinny figure drowning in an oversized tan sweater and his messed up poodle hair made him look like a child to Kyungsoo.

"Where's Luhan?" Kyungsoo asked firmly as he tugged on his leather jacket. Chanyeol shrugged as he struggled to pull on his brown hiking boots, "I'm not sure. He's not answering any of my texts."

Kyungsoo sighed as he held Chanyeol steady, allowing the tall male to slip on his boots with little hassle, "Is there anywhere he could be?"

Chanyeol walked out of the dorm first, letting Kyungsoo lock the door behind him, "He could be at the cafe, or library or his dorm. Maybe Jongin's place? I doubt it but it's worth a shot."

Kyungsoo nodded, "Babe, I need you to find Luhan for me. Talk to him, tell him what really happened. I'll find Sehun and bring him back to our dorm okay?"

Chanyeol nodded and walked out. Kyungsoo sighed as he checked his phone. Sehun had been hurt many times. Luhan deserved the world. And Kyungsoo decided that he would do anything to make those two happy once again.

 

 

Luhan sighed as he leaned back on the headboard of his bed. Muki yapped loudly as she Luhan's hand, which was hanging over the edge of the mattress. Luhan smiled sadly as he bent down, picking the little puppy into his lap.

Muki tilted her head, not understanding why there was water coming out of her master's eyes. Luhan giggled as his puppy the tears off his cheeks. Muki barked again before snuggling against Luhan. The pink haired male did not know how Muki could tell that he was upset but she was a smart puppy.

But the puppy only brought memories of Sehun. Bittersweet memories.

Luhan could remember that night like it was yesterday. The kisses they shared. The unsaid feelings, the intense stares. All felt so real. Luhan had let his guard down, and in doing so, he got hurt.

Why couldn't he ever listen to his grandfather. His grandfather warned him not to get attached, because he would only get hurt. But Luhan did not heed his words, he believed people were better than that. But look where he laid now, on his bed, with tears silently rolling down his cheeks, his heart broken into pieces.

His thoughts were interrupted by heavy pounding. Muki jumped off of Luhan's lap and raced to the front door, barking her little tail off. Luhan followed slowly, unsure if he should open the door.

"Luhan you better be in there!"

It was Chanyeol.

Luhan opened the door slowly, revealing a heavily breathing brown haired male. Chanyeol was doubled over, his chest heaving up and down as he tried to catch his breath.

"Ran around....all campus." The curly haired male wheezed, "Looked for you...everywhere."

Luhan took Chanyeol's hand gently and led him inside. Muki barked at her favorite person (besides Luhan) and pawed at his socks.

"Not now Muki-Pookie."

Luhan made a face. Chanyeol frowned, "Don't make fun of my nickname for her, she loves it." He bent down to the happy puppy, "Don't you girl!" He cooed.

Luhan patted Chanyeol's arm, motioning to his phone.

LuLu: what are you doing here?

Chanyeol gulped heavily, "I came here to tell you the whole story."

Luhan shook his head.

LuLu: I was there. I saw. You don't have to explain anything, Sehun doesn't like me

Chanyeol scoffed, "Sehun? Not liking you? That's like saying I don't like art or Jongin doesn't like himself. You mean the world to him."

Luhan raised an eyebrow, as if saying oh really. Chanyeol sighed, "First year of college, Sehun was a quiet boy. Even more so than now. But he had his charms, and he was rich. Juni saw him, she had to have him. He thought she was pretty. They went out."

LuLu: why are you telling me this

Chanyeol looked at his phone and turned to Luhan, frowning, "Listen to me! She was obsessed. She couldn't stand me, or Kyungsoo or Jongin. Kyungsoo and I have been dating since forever and she hated us because we were gay. She tried to rip us and Sehun apart, but Sehun wasn't having any of it. He broke up with her and she went insane. She smoked and drank and was finally caught. Her parents shipped her off to London and we were so relieved because we probably would never see her again."

Luhan shifted uncomfortably.

"Luhan, you saw something that wasn't true. Yes they kissed but Juni literally threw herself onto Sehun. You ran away too quick. Sehun yelled at Juni and I haven't heard him yell since....that's not important."

Chanyeol smiled sadly, "He was yelling and you could see tears in his eyes. He told her you guys were dating and she was even more disgusted. She stormed off but by then you were gone." Chanyeol faltered, "I...I've never seen Sehun cry, but last night. He was so scared. Scared that he lost you."

Luhan looked up from his wiggling toes, a heavy weight draped over his heart. His eyes were shining with fresh tears. He had judged too soon. He didn't trust Sehun and in turn, he hurt him.

Chanyeol's own eyes widened, "Oh don't cry! Please don't cry. This wasn't anyone's fault."

Luhan got up, grabbing his phone and keys before slipping on his shoes. Chanyeol tried to stop him, "Wait, do you even know where he is?"

Luhan took off down the hallway.

"LUHAN WAIT!"

 

 

"He hates me."

"He doesn't hate you."

"I lost him."

"No you did not."

"I wish he knew what really happened."

"Luhan is a reasonable boy, he's probably talking to Chanyeol right now."

Sehun looked up from his hands, his eyes bloodshot, "You think?"

Kyungsoo smiled, catching sight of a hysterical Luhan entering the library, "I know." He paused when he caught Luhan's eye, "Listen, I have to go. Channie and I have a date."

Sehun frowned, "You're leaving me alone?"

Kyungsoo smirked, "Not alone."

Sehun opened his mouth to retort but stopped when he caught sight of a familiar head of pink hair. Luhan smiled weakly and lifted a hand for a  meek hello. 

"Luhan." Sehun whispered.

Kyungsoo grinned, "That's my cue to leave."

With that, the said male grabbed his leather jacket, swung it over his shoulder and stood up. He walked to the library exit, pausing only to pat Luhan's shoulder. Luhan gave him a tense smile and walked to where Sehun was sitting. Where, just a month and a half ago, they were locked in the library together. A lot had changed in those 40 days. Luhan made mistakes and he wished to take them back.

"I'm sorry." Luhan signed the same time Sehun voiced it out loud.

Sehun stopped awkwardly, "Y-You go first."

Luhan looked down sheepishly, "Chanyeol told me what happened. I'm sorry for not trusting you. I was being a paranoid idiot."

Sehun shook his head, "I should've never let Juni get that close to me. She caught me off guard yes, but I should've ran down right with you. I should've stopped you before you left the building. I should've -"

"Stop saying should've. What happened, happened. No one was to blame, yet both of us made mistakes. I am going to trust you more now. I know your feelings for me, I know how much I mean to you and I will never doubt you again."

Sehun smiled and got off the couch. He knee-walked to the opposite couch where Luhan was sitting and grabbed the smaller's hands. He brought them to his lips and pressed gentle kisses on them.

Luhan's heart quickened.

"I am going to fight for you Luhan. No one gets in between you and I. Do you remember that night, I promised you something." Sehun smiled softly, "I promised I would treat you like a queen...I'm doing a ty job of that."

Luhan shook his head, "No one in my life had treated me better, not even my grandfather." Sehun opened his mouth to retort but Luhan cut him off with a kiss.

Sehun instantly replied to the kiss, mimicking Luhan's tender movements. He missed kissing the smaller male, even if it had only been a day.

The spark between the two had burst into a large flame, and Sehun wasn't scared of it going out anytime soon.

Luhan wrapped his arms around the taller's neck as he leaned down to deepen the kiss. He could feel his phone buzzing in his pocket but he ignored it. What was more important was the man in front of him.







 

Two new messages:

Unknown number: seems like trouble in paradise is over

Unknown number: boo, that's no fun