Picture 5: What needs to be known

Polaroid

Luhan watched, his fingers drumming his desk nervously as his professor pulled a slip of paper out of a bowl. They were pulling names to make groups for the project. Luhan, for the first time, hoped with all his heart that he would get Kyungsoo in his group. This was a new feeling for him. Never had he looked forward for group projects, it was quite the opposite actually. He dreaded having to work with pea-brained idiots in his class.

"Kim Jongin." Professor Yun put down the slip and wrote his name on the board under the group A section. Luhan shifted in his seat as she pulled out another slip. Professor Yun let out a soft chuckle as she read the name, "Oh Sehun."

Jongin let out a loud whoop as held his fist out enthusiastically for a fist bump. Sehun sighed heavily as he just stared at the fist, giving Jongin a bored expression. Jongin motioned to his fist and Sehun, rolling his eyes, brought up his fist, giving Jongin a weak fist bump.

Professor Yun pulled out another slip and threw her hands in the air, "I swear to god, did you boys rig this?"

She wrote another name under Sehun's name.

Do Kyungsoo.

Jongin leaned forward in his chair, batting his eyelashes as he gave Professor Yun an innocent look, "How could we possibly rig something so random?"

His sarcastic tone earned himself a kick from Kyungsoo who was unfortunate enough to be sitting behind Jongin.

"Two more for Group A." Professor Yun muttered as she pulled out two slips, "Park Chanyeol.....and Luhan!"

Kyungsoo shot Luhan a warm smile and the blonde haired male's face erupted in a wide grin. Jongin let out another yell as he turned to Luhan, "Yes! We goT ANGEL!"

Professor Yun shot Luhan a worried glance, "Luhan, its not too late to switch groups."

Luhan shook his head, ignoring Jongin's hurt expression. He was ecstatic with his group members. Professor Yun continued pulling out slips from the bowl and placing students in groups of five people. After ten more minutes of students grumbling, cheering and cringing, the groups were established and class was over. Luhan shoved his binder and notebook into his backpack when he felt someone tap his shoulder. He turned around to see a red haired Chanyeol standing behind him with a sheepish smile, "W-would you like to come with us to the coffee shop on campus? We usually meet there to brainstorm ideas."

Luhan looked past the smiling giant and made eye contact with Kyungsoo. He nodded once, giving Luhan a reassuring look. With the warm gaze he got from Kyungsoo, Luhan happily accepted the offer.

Chanyeol grabbed Luhan's backpack before he could put it on, "I got it."

Luhan's eyes widened as he bowed politely to the taller male. Chanyeol just laughed, "Why are you bowing?! We're friends, friends do this type of thing."

Luhan let out a tiny sigh, letting his stiff body relax. He smiled at Chanyeol who walked over to Kyungsoo. Chanyeol swung Luhan's baby blue backpack over his shoulder as he grabbed Kyungsoo's hand.

"Hey angel!"

Luhan jumped when he heard Jongin come up next to him. The tan male was bouncing from one foot to another, "Your potatoes are very moist."

Jongin grinned proudly at Luhan, "That means, you're beautiful in Chinese, right?"

Chanyeol let out a loud laugh as Kyungsoo snickered. Sehun rolled his eyes and smacked the back of Jongin's head, "Congrats, you just told him that his potatoes were moist."

Jongin's eyes widened as he turned to Luhan, "."

Luhan's mouth was open, his eyes crinkled in a adoring eye smile. The others guessed he was laughing. But there was no sound coming out of the latter's mouth. Jongin shook it off, maybe Luhan was a silent laugher. Kyungsoo on the other hand felt uneasy. He knew Jongin and Chanyeol would think nothing of it but Sehun was another story. The latter was smart. Really smart.

Sehun seemed to eye Luhan. Kyungsoo held his breath nervously, wondering if Sehun could have possibly figured it out like he did but there was something different in Sehun's eyes. Those stone cold, dark brown eyes were....soft. They weren't glaring at Luhan, not peering into his soul. Instead, they were fixated on the smile on Luhan's face. Kyungsoo smiled. A small crack was appearing in Sehun's mighty walls .


 

Luhan swung his backpack onto his shoulder when he noticed how low the sun was in the sky. He had spent the last few hours in the familiar campus café with Kyungsoo and his friends. Between all the jokes and stories, Luhan had completely lost track of time. Kyungsoo noticed the blonde haired male standing up and nudged Chanyeol, "I guess we should all head home, I've got a couple assignments to finish up."

Chanyeol nodded, "Me too, I've got this huge art show coming up."

Kyungsoo smirked to himself as he playfully nudged Luhan's shoulder, "Sehun, could you be a dear and walk Luhan back to his dorm."

"I'll do it!" Jongin piped up, raising his hand. Chanyeol smiled innocently at the tan male before slamming his foot down on Jongin's toes. The shorter male let out a howl of pain as Kyungsoo shoved Luhan towards Sehun, "Go on, I'll take care of this drama queen." Luhan shot daggers at Kyungsoo as he walked with Sehun out the door. The wide eyed male only smiled at him as waved through the glass.

"Which building are you?"

Luhan blinked when he realized that voice was Sehun's. He hadn't heard Sehun talk at all the last few hours. It was Jongin, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo who chatted up a storm. Luhan pointed to the one that was towering over the library. Sehun nodded and changed his course of direction. Luhan stumbled over his feet at the quick turn and Sehun caught him by the scruff of his collar. Luhan blushed bright red as Sehun helped him steady himself.

They walked in silence, only hearing the occasional shout of a college student. It was getting darker, the longer they walked. Sehun smiled to himself when he realized that Luhan was passing time by making his footsteps sync up with Sehun's. Sehun purposely changed up the rhythm he was walking and grinned when he saw Luhan stumble. But it only took a few seconds for the male to sync up with Sehun's foot steps again.

Right 
Left 
Right 
Left.

Sehun could feel his heart beat quickening with each step. He didn't know why but the more he stared at the blonde haired male next to him, the more he felt breathless.

Could it be because he was walking?

No, Sehun was a dancer, he had incredible stamina. This was something else.

Sehun stopped in front of the dorm door. Luhan was looking at his feet and didn't realize the door was in front of him. Sehun grabbed his arm and Luhan snapped his head to look at the tall boy. "You were going to walk into the door." Sehun said. He didn't know why he felt like he had to explain himself but he couldn't help open his mouth when he saw that confused look on the smaller's face. Luhan's cheeks were a faint shade of pink as he tore his face away from Sehun. He hid his face as he knocked on the door.

The door flew open and Xiumin came rushing out, pulling Luhan into a tight hug, "I WAS WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU! YOU DIDN'T ANSWER MY TEXTS AND I COULDN'T GET A HOLD OF YOU!"

Luhan smiled as he patted Xiumin's cheek reassuringly, "Don't worry Xiu! I was just with a couple of friends, I lost track of time."

Xiumin sighed in relief as Luhan signed to him an explanation. Luhan's eye widened when he heard someone clear their throat. He had completely forgotten Sehun was with him. Xiumin, in his panic of finding Luhan, also didn't notice Sehun there and the color drained from his face as the tall man analyzed Xiumin and Luhan, head to toes.

Luhan felt his heart beat quickening as he realized that Sehun had seen him sign to Xiumin. Sehun would figure out his secret in no time. Luhan pushed Xiumin into their dorm and slammed the door shut.

"Luhan."

Luhan didn't respond.

"Luhan...was that Oh Sehun?"

Luhan stayed still, nodding slowly.

"Well ."



 

Sehun's pace quickened as he walked towards his father's office. The tall blonde male made long strides down the hall, ignoring the staff members who bowed to him politely. He burst into his father's office, effectively startling the older Oh.

"S-Sehun? What the hell? There's something called knoc-"

"I want details about Luhan."

"What?"

Sehun sat down across from his father, crossing his arms against his chest, "I said, I want details about a new freshman, Luhan."