Picture 16: Ignoring problems might cause them to grow

Polaroid

Double update ^.^ Just because! Make sure to read Chapter 15 first.


Xiumin was awake by lunch time. Injeon was the first to visit him. Through the glass, Luhan watched her press kisses all over his face, smothering him in her love. Then she pulled away and smacked his arm. Xiumin hissed as he rubbed his sore arm and Luhan smiled. She must have been scolding him on how poorly he's been taking care of himself. The pink haired male flinched when he felt an hand on his waist, relaxing when he recognized the touch. "I talked to the doctors and they said we should get him a therapist. I recommend Jongdae's because he did an amazing job with him."

"Jongdae was depressed?"

Sehun sighed, "Yea, maybe he still is. He's good at hiding things. Growing up wasn't easy. Both our parents neglected us. He had it worse. At least mine had the decency to call."

Luhan frowned. Sehun noticed the mood change in the smaller male and squeezed his gently, "Don't think too much about it. He doesn't care anymore and he's better off with his band and friends."

"But still, his own parents...."

Luhan looked up, his light hazel eyes finally meeting Sehun's dark stormy orbs, "My own parents abandoned me. That's what grandfather says. He hasn't been the best caretaker either."

Sehun cracked a smile, one that showed all teeth but had no happiness behind it, "Guess we all have our issues." Luhan sighed and nodded.

Injeon came out of the room, wiping a tear away. She approached the couple and smiled, "Thank you for letting me go first." She said with a faint voice. Luhan nodded and stepped forward, getting ready to go see Xiumin. Injeon blinked and then flung herself at Sehun, hugging him tightly. Luhan froze, watching them. She squeezed him tightly and Sehun tensed. Luhan knew he didn't like touching people. But he brought himself to pat her back awkwardly. She finally let go and apologized. Sehun shook his head and said it was fine. Luhan raised an eyebrow as she bowed to both of them before scurrying off.

"Is she okay?" Sehun asked, rubbing the back of his neck uncomfortably. Luhan shrugged and pushed open the doors. Xiumin's head whipped to the side when he heard the doors move. He smiled when he saw Luhan's pink hair, "Looking good Lu." He cooed. Luhan frowned and gently smacked his arm, "What the were you thinking? You could've burned yourself."

"But I didn't."

"That's not the point! Why didn't you tell me that you were..." Luhan stopped mid-sentence, not knowing how to finish it. Xiumin smiled sadly, "Depressed?" He finished.

Luhan pouted and sat next to him on the hospital bed, "Xiu, you're my best friend. I love you and I would do anything to make you happy. You were the first person to accept me for who I was. You think I wouldn't do the same to you?"

Xiumin's eyes watered. He didn't know what he had done to deserve a friend like Luhan. He enveloped the pink haired male in a tight hug, burying his head in the crook of the latter's neck. Luhan could feel the wetness of Xiumin's tears but he held the male close. Sehun smiled at the two males in front of him. In the world of rich, corruption and back stabbing that he lived in, it was nice to see such a pure friendship. Luhan meant the world to him. Meaning that Luhan's problems were his problems.

So Sehun sat down on the other side of Xiumin, "I know I don't talk to you much but I consider you a friend so don't go collapsing on me now."

Xiumin looked up, eyes wide in shook. Luhan looked the same way, not believing his stone cold lover was talking so freely.

"If I find out you aren't eating properly again, I will send a caretaker to your dorm to babysit you." Sehun threatened. Xiumin's face relaxed and he smiled, "I wouldn't dare."



 

Luhan was giddy. Sehun was being nicer to, not only his friends but Luhan's friends as well. The black haired male dropped Luhan off at his dorm for the night and left to take care of hospital bills and the therapist. Luhan was happy. Happy that he could finally help Xiumin, make him happy again. He pulled out his phone and texted Injeon, updating her on the situation. She sent a curt thank you and that was all. Luhan didn't look too much into it, she was probably still upset with the whole 'Xiumin being hospitalized' thing.

Luhan set his phone down on the desk and cracked open the window. He was on the forth floor, which was pretty high, considering the dorms in this building had higher ceilings than most. He peered outside, watching the sun go down behind a couple buildings. The winter air was cold, the wind picked up as the sun went down. Luhan took a deep breath of the frosty fresh air and shut the window. He closed the curtains and opened his wardrobe. He pulled out a heavy sweater and shorts.

Leaving his phone on the desk, the pink haired male went to take a shower.

When he came back, his phone was buzzing. He rubbed his wet hair with his towel and with his free hand, he picked up his phone.

Unknown number: careful little Lu, secrets are very harmful

Unknown number: little boys like you shouldn't be playing with something so dangerous

Luhan frowned.

Luhan: who is this

Unknown number: wouldn't you like to know

Luhan scoffed. A prank he supposed. Without any further thought he texted a quick good night to Sehun and Xiumin and climbed into his bed.


 

3 new messages:

Tol mean bean 🖤: good night baby, sleep well

XiuXiu: good night lu, sorry for worrying you

Unknown message: sleep well Luhan, but remember, I'm not kidding around. Don't ignore me.




 

Luhan didn't feel okay. He was fine psychically but he felt like he was being watched all the time. He pulled the hood over his face as he hurried to his next class. He could feel the phone buzzing in his pocket but he didn't want to look. He didn't want to see what the unknown number sent him now. Luhan sat down in his math class, towards the back as he waited for Chanyeol. The brown haired male was usually late anyway so it wasn't a big deal. Luhan took out his phone and thumbed through his messages.

Tol mean bean🖤: Xiumin is being discharged today, want to go get him?

LuLu: sure, when?

Tol mean bean🖤: during lunch

LuLu: okay!! (^.^)

Tol mean bean🖤: we can also hang out afterwards okay? Just us three. Cheer Xiumin up a bit.

LuLu: whoa whoa, who are you and what did you do to my Sehun?

Tol mean bean🖤: ?

LuLu: you're so nice

Tol mean bean🖤: oh shut up

LuLu: oh found him.

Tol mean bean🖤: just Bc I'm an to Jongin doesn't mean I'm an to everyone

LuLu: aww did I hurt my little sehunnie's feelings

LuLu: I'm sorry baby, want me to kiss your boo boo better?

Tol mean bean🖤: Jongin is definitely rubbing off on you. what happened to my sweet Luhan

LuLu: I ate him 😝

Tol mean bean🖤: you're insane

Tol mean bean🖤: class is starting, see you around cutie

Luhan was about to put his phone away as well when he got a message. He clicked on it, eyes widening when he realized it was a picture of himself, walking to class just five minutes ago. His back was facing the camera.

Unknown number: watch your back LuLu, it's not safe in the real world

Luhan felt his breath quickening, his heart beat racing. His ears rang as he tried to get a grip on his surroundings. The person was threatening him. The person was following him. Luhan's eyes widened, the person was here! They had to be! How else would they know Luhan, how else would they know his secret.

"Lu?"

Luhan jumped in his seat, causing his papers to fly off his lap. Chanyeol frowned and bent down to pick up the loose sheets, "You okay? You looked like you were about to throw up or pass out."

Luhan quickly deleted the messages and turned off his phone. He shoved the sleek piece of technology into his backpack and gave Chanyeol a smile.


 

Luhan looked around cautiously, his grip tightening on his backpack. His legs were quivering and every tiny sound set him off.

"Luhan?"

Luhan turned around to see Sehun walking towards him, looking very concerned, "Are you okay?"

Luhan gulped and nodded slowly. Sehun stopped in front of him, his facial expressions gave away the fact that he didn't believe Luhan 100% but he smiled, "Okay."

The black haired male leaned down for a kiss and Luhan went up on his toes to meet him half away. Sehun smiled under the kiss as Luhan wrapped his arms around his neck. The taller male didn't hesitate to deepen the kiss, only stopped when Luhan pulled away. Sehun smiled when he saw the smaller male's lips swollen red. Proudness swelled in his chest because...damn he caused that.

"Let's go?"

Luhan nodded again, still very flustered from the kiss and held his hand out. Sehun interlocked their fingers and started walking.

 

 

"Slow, slow."

"Luhan I just passed out, I didn't lose a limb or anything." Xiumin said as he stepped out of the elevator. Sehun grinned at the snarky brown haired male. Luhan pouted, "I just want to look out for you."

Xiumin smiled, "I know Lu but I'm okay....really! As long as I have you and Sehun, I'm okay."

Sehun patted Xiumin's shoulder, "I should get going. Take care of each other."

Xiumin nodded, "Thanks man, seriously. Because of you guys, I had a great day."

Sehun nodded and let Xiumin walk away, most probably to take a shower. He yanked Luhan closer as soon as they were alone. Luhan gasped as his body was suddenly flushed against Sehun's.

"You little tease." Sehun said, squeezing Luhan even tighter. "What was up with your text messages? Who taught you to be so snarky?"

Luhan smirked, leaning up towards Sehun, his nose brushing up against Sehun's. He could feel his phone buzzing in his pocket but he ignored it. Sehun's next question trailed off as he felt Luhan's lips ghost over against his. He gulped, quite loud and comically as he felt Luhan's nimble fingers running down towards his waist. Luhan faintly pecked his lips and pulled away giggling silently. Sehun blinked.

"Good night Sehunnie." Luhan teased before shoving Sehun out of his dorm and closing the door.

Sehun let out a deep breath that he didn't know he was holding.

Man, Luhan was not healthy for him. 





 

Luhan pulled out his phone, getting ready to set an alarm for the next morning when he saw another message from the unknown number.

Unknown number: bad Luhan, don't delete my texts

Luhan: what do you want.

The next text creeped Luhan out, more than anything else that the person sent him so far. It was a picture of Luhan and Sehun kissing, right before they left to pick up Xiumin. The following texts got progressively creepier. One was a picture of Sehun and Luhan getting popcorn before heading into a movie with Xiumin. Another was them in the movie theater, sharing a kiss before the movie started. The last picture of the three of them, all sitting around a table outside, enjoying hot drinks in the cold winter air.

Unknown number: This. This should not happen.

Luhan knew the person was referring to him and Sehun.

Luhan: what do you want.

Unknown number: I want you to leave Luhan. Go back to China, where you belong.

Unknown number: away from me

Unknown number: away from Sehun

Luhan: who are you?

Unknown number: remember Luhan, ignoring problems might cause them to grow

 


And the fest has begun.