Picture 19: Bruises and Goodbyes

Polaroid

Luhan sighed as Sehun pulled away, a string of saliva connected their lips. 

"I'll see you after class okay?"

Luhan nodded.

"Straight to your dorm, no side adventures."

Luhan rolled his eyes, "Yes mom."

Sehun scoffed, "Well excuse me for caring for my boyfriend."

Luhan laughed and placed a playful kiss on the taller's nose. He bounded away, waving as Sehun stared at him in awe. Luhan was more confident now. After the little fall out with Sehun, their relationship seemed to grow stronger. There was more trust, more passion and Luhan loved it. Sehun started out to be so rude. He wouldn't talk to Luhan, seemed disinterested when ever their small group of friends hung out. He was also known to be rude to his fellow classmates.

Kids tended to stay out of Sehun's way. A couple of girls were brave enough to show their interest but were harshly shut down.

That Sehun was nowhere to be seen now. He was kind, gentle and still quiet but he knew how to treat others.

He understood others and judged less. He also treated Luhan like he was the only one in the world. When he wasn't initiating skin ship with Luhan, he was staring at the smaller male. Taking in the beauty in front of him. Luhan would do the same. Countless times was he caught staring at his taller boyfriend. Sehun would always and coo at him until he turned bright red. Luhan sighed. He loved his relationship with Sehun.

He was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard something clatter from the dark space between buildings. Luhan froze, turning to catch sight of who or what was in the dark alley.

"Hello there, little ."

Luhan took a step back.

The familiar blonde haired girl stepped into view, chewing gum quite obnoxiously. She looked exactly like one of those bad girl cliches ripped straight from the pages of a book.

"So you're Sehun's new playtoy, oddly quiet I say."

She stepped closer, the zippers on her jacket clinking against each other, "I wonder how long you'll last. Probably another two weeks, maybe three if you're good."

Luhan tilted his head, confused on what she was saying.

Juni scoffed, "What are you? Five? Good?! As in, good in bed." She purred, stepping closer.

Luhan's pale face flushed pink, getting another loud laugh from Juni, "You can't be that innocent."

What happened next, happened in a blink of an eye.

One second, Luhan was standing in front of Juni, the next, she had him pinned to the wall, her elbow digging into his neck as he struggled against her. "You're so weak." She sneered, "I've trained, with my brother in military combat but I don't even need to use it! You're just that weak."

Juni changed her grip on Luhan, holding his neck with her hand instead of her elbow. She pressed harder against his throat, causing Luhan to gasp for breath. He felt the back of his head sting from being pushed against bricks but nothing could compare to the feeling of his airways being blocked. He desperately clawed for air, his eyes watering.

She was going to end up killing him.

Juni let go, letting Luhan slump to the ground. He started to cough, still gasping for air. His ears rang as he heard Juni walk away, her heels clicking against the ground. His phone buzzed.

Unknown number: if you don't leave, something worse will happen to you

Unknown number: Sehun is mine, don't you forget it








 

Luhan sat on the couch, his head aching. He gingerly got up, making his way to his fridge to get an ice pack. It took him thirty minutes to regain his balance and walk back to his dorm. Luhan was a sheltered child. He never experienced pain beyond simple paper cuts and stubbed toes. This feeling was a whole new one. It was not pleasant. Sehun was bound to be at his door any minute and Luhan struggled to make the back of his head stop aching. He pressed the icepack harder against his head, his pink locks shielding his scalp from the direct coldness, yet still letting some seep through, just enough to ease the pain.

There were knocks against the door and Luhan opened it. Sehun smiled, but frowned when he saw the ice pack, What happened?"

"Sitting on the ground, watching something. It was funny and when I laughed, I threw my head back and banged it against the coffee table."

Sehun looked skeptical as he analyzed the space where Luhan said he got hurt but he nodded anyway. The tall male shrugged off his leather jacket and tugged off his shoes. He playfully tackled the smaller male. Luhan gasped as he dropped the icepack, the back of his knees hitting his couch. The two fell backwards, Sehun on top of Luhan.

Luhan raised his hands to protest but Sehun grabbed them and held them, all while leaning down and pressing his lips feverishly against Luhan's. The smaller male writhed under the black haired male as the kiss deepened. Sehun pried Luhan's mouth open and attacked the latter's tongue with his own. Luhan's hands went limp in Sehun's and the dominating male took this as a sign to let go. He let his hands wander down to Luhan's waist, rubbing the exposed skin with his thumb. Luhan's own hands went up around Sehun's torso, gently clawing at the latter's back.

Sehun growled lowly as he disconnected their lips. Luhan looked back up at him with sultry half lidded eyes, his lips puffy and red, shining with Sehun and his combined saliva. Sehun growled again at the sight and made his way down Luhan's jaw, pressing open mouthed kisses until he reached the latter's neck. Luhan clawed deeper as Sehun attacked his neck.

And then it all stopped.

Luhan looked at Sehun confused, his hands slowly letting go. The taller male's eyes were staring holes into Luhan's neck and the pink haired male didn't understand. Until Sehun hissed out a question, "Who made these?"

Luhan looked at even, even more confused. Sehun pulled away from Luhan, "The bruises. The ing hand shaped bruises. Who hurt you." His voice was deadly.

Luhan shook his head and raised his hands to answer.

"Don't you ing say no one. I know you didn't accidentally hurt your head either. There is barely enough space to walk between the coffee table and t.v and it's way lower than your head level. There's no way you could've hurt yourself like that."

Luhan sighed.

"It's not important. I'm fine Sehun. Just...leave it alone."

"Leave it alone?! Someone ing hurt you Luhan, I'm not going to leave it alone. Who was it? Was it that douche that always picks on Chanyeol? Was it Jongin?" Sehun's eyes narrowed, "Was it Juni?"

Luhan tensed, not saying anything.

Sehun barked a humorless laugh, "I knew it. That is crazy." He got up, grabbing his jacket and keys. Luhan's eyes widened as grabbed at Sehun's leg.

"Don't go! Please! It's not worth it."

"Luhan let me-"

"Please.....stay with me."

Luhan was begging at this point, his eyes watering, his body shaking. Sehun sighed, he dropped his jacket on the couch and bent down. He picked up Luhan easily, seeing how the latter was unhealthily thin. Luhan whimpered as he curled into Sehun's broad chest, taking in his musky scent. The black haired male set him down on Luhan's bed and laid down with him, pulling the covers over them.

Sehun pressed gently kisses against the bruises. Luhan's eyes squeezed shut as he concentrated on the feeling of Sehun's soft lips brushing against his sensitive skin. The male whispered promises of protecting him better. Promises of something like this will never happen again. Luhan knew it won't, he trusted Sehun with his life.
 

 

 

Luhan slept sound that night, with Sehun's arm wrapped tightly around his waist. Luhan was deep in sleep until he was awoken by the sounds of doors opening. He flinched, slowly cracking one eye open. The light flooded into the bedroom through the exposed window. The alarm clock on the nightstand next to the bed read 6:13.

Luhan groaned as he tried to get up, his movement restricted by Sehun's tight hold. He gently removed himself from the latter's tight hold and got out of bed. Sehun whined in his sleep, his arm reaching out to grab something until he felt the pillow. With a groan, he pulled the pillow closer and snuggled it, like a child with a teddy bear.

Luhan smiled and pressed a kiss on the taller's forehead before walking out of the room.

His heart dropped when he saw a suitcase sitting by the front door. It was the familiar red battered up suitcase he saw on the first day of school.

"Oh! Luhan. Good morning."

Luhan turned at the sound of Xiumin's cheery voice. He frowned, pointing to the suitcase. Xiumin's smile faltered, "O-oh. I'm leaving Luhan."

It was like an arrow at his heart. Luhan's eyes watered as he resisted the urge to whimper, "Leaving?"

Xiumin nodded, "After the whole...hospital thing. Injeon wanted me to feel better, more relaxed. She's taking me away for a vacation. Sort of like a place where my mind to recover. I'll be getting therapy there, so that's good!" Xiumin said all of this with a smile. But Luhan knew better.

Xiumin was breaking inside, and there was nothing he could do. It was best to let Xiumin go. After all, it wasn't forever. Before Luhan knew it, Xiumin would be back, with that good old smile on his face, but this time it would be real. Luhan didn't want to cry, but he couldn't help it. Tears streamed down his face as he latched onto the brown haired male. Xiumin's shoulders were shaking and Luhan knew the older male was crying as well.

They buried their faces in each other's shoulders, not wanting to let go.

How could Luhan ever let go? Xiumin was his first friend, the first person to try to understand him, to treat him like normal person.

Luhan could remember the day the two met. It felt like just yesterday, not five months ago. He remembered the smile on Xiumin's face. He remembered how overprotective the latter had been when Sehun was at their door. He remembered how comforting he was when Luhan was at his lowest. He also remembered how fragile the latter looked in the hospital bed. How weak he had become and how red his eyes were from crying.

Luhan knew this was for the best.

Xiumin waved softly and left the room, slowly shutting the door behind him.

But it didn't make things any easier.