Picture 22: Bring Him Home

Polaroid

Luhan never felt so empty in his life. He felt like he was drained of every emotion. He wasn't hungry anymore, he couldn't sleep, he couldn't feel anger or sadness.

He just felt.....grey.

He had come home, suitcase in hand and a fake smile plastered on his face. His grandfather opened the door and scolded him. Luhan made up an excuse, saying it was February Break.
His grandfather believed him.

He stepped aside, letting Luhan walk into his old childhood home. Nothing changed really. It was still decorated weirdly with old Chinese relics. The smell of jasmine and old spices filled the air. But it didn't seem like home. Luhan missed Sehun's musky scent. He missed the taller's hugs, the way his arms wrapped around him like a warm blanket. He missed Kyungsoo's deep voice and contagious laughter. Luhan missed the paint stains that brightened Chanyeol's clothes. Hell, he even missed Jongin calling him 'angel'.

The last two days were spent in utter misery. Luhan had pulled the SIM card out of his phone and threw it away, washing away any reminisces of his life in Korea. He wept like he had never wept before. If his grandfather had noticed Luhan's red and puffy eyes, he didn't say anything. Now that two days of passed, Luhan knew that his friends would've gotten the letters by now. It was hard writing those. It was harder than getting on the plane or watching Korea become just a speck on the ground as he flew away.

"Luhan."

Luhan blinked, coming back to reality. He was sitting at the dinner table with his grandfather. The old man frowned, "Why are you crying?"

Luhan's hand flew to his cheek where he realized, in dismay, that he had been crying. Luhan shook his head. "Nothing."
His grandfather looked skeptical but didn't demand a better answer.

Luhan sighed. What little of an appetite he had, it was gone, "May I be excused?"

Grandfather nodded curtly and Luhan stood up, gently pushing away the chair. A maid came and picked up his untouched food. Luhan grabbed a coat and his Polaroid camera before heading out. He walked the streets, oddly silent for a busy neighborhood. He reckoned everyone was inside, eating with their families, their loved ones. If he was back in Korea, Luhan supposed he was just getting out of his evening class. He would've gone back to his dorm, freshened up. He would've chatted idly with Xiumin before Sehun came to pick him up for dinner.

Luhan shook his head. Do not think about Sehun! It will only cause you pain. He chided to himself.

But Luhan could not help it.

His mind traveled while he walked slowly through the park near his house. He thought of all the good memories the two shared. Their first kiss, first hug... He sent himself to another fantasy so he didn't have to live in the real world where he was alone. Luhan ran out of tears at some point. He was sad, he wanted to cry but the tears stopped flowing. It was probably for the best, he looked less like a mess now. The night owls hooted and Luhan just realized how late it was. The moon was high and the setting sunset painted into complete darkness. Little lights flickered in the distance, lights from Luhan's neighborhood.

Luhan got up from the bench he was sitting on and took a deep breath. He couldn't even feel the cold anymore. He stood up, examining the way the bare branches on the trees silhouetted against the bright moon.

Luhan slowly raised his Polaroid camera and snapped a picture.

Click.

His first heartbreak.



 

 

Sehun drummed his fingers as he waited for Chanyeol to jump up, exclaiming that he had found Luhan's address. Sehun pushed aside all his sadness and set Chanyeol down. He sat with his best friend as he typed away on his laptop, trying the breach the university's defenses. He could ask his father but his father shut him down quickly the first time he asked about Luhan's details.

"He's a student and you are a student. You are not permitted to see his details, not even if you are my son!" His father said as he flipped through files.

Sehun scoffed. He should've yelled back, retorted with something ...anything. But he left empty handed.

"Still nothing?" Sehun said, getting annoyed with the wait time. Chanyeol pouted, reached over for a cartoon of milk, "The security is no joke Sehun! It's hard."

Sehun groaned and stood up, "Is there anyway we could get to the information faster?"

Chanyeol shrugged, "Unless you know your dad's security code, then no."

Sehun swore. He sat down again, willing for his mind to think, to come up with anything.

Sehun was smart. He knew he was. He passed through all of school with flying colors and he never touched a textbook once. He knew his way around the world, he had picked up things from watching his dad and uncle in the business world. Sehun knew he was intelligent beyond his years. Yet you still let Luhan slip away.
Sehun winced. His inner thoughts chided himself. But he also knew there was nothing he could of done to prevent this. He simply didn't know the struggles Luhan was going through. Kyungsoo and Jongin were out, trying to find Juni. They would be back in a couple more minutes, they had called to check in. Juni was delighted to find Luhan left but she was just as surprised. 
Apparently they had called Xiumin too. Injeon had picked up the phone and when Kyungsoo told her the news, she was so startled she dropped her phone. Injeon also promised to tell Xiumin in the most painless way, he was just getting better.

Chanyeol let out a loud yell, startling Sehun, "Why the are computers a thing! Honestly. Why couldn't they just done it the old fashioned way so we could just steal the ing information."

Sehun's eyes widened.
He found the solution. Chanyeol caught onto his expression, "Oh no...no no no. Sehun I know that expression. I ing refuse.NO."


 

 

 

"Okay, all you have to do is walk by while I distract my dad. I'll slam into him by accident and make him drop all his stuff. You pick up the card and walk. I'll meet you downstairs."

Chanyeol sighed, "20 years I've gone without breaking a rule...now I'm stealing from the headmaster's office."

Sehun shrugged, "Just think of it as you're stealing from...my dad."

Chanyeol blinked, "That doesn't make it any better."

Sehun shoved him gently when he saw his dad turn the corner, "Just do it for Luhan."

Chanyeol groaned but waited for the signal. Sehun waited till his dad fumbled for his keys to the car. He popped out from behind the car they were crouched behind, "Hey dad!"

Headmaster Oh was a jumpy man. Hearing the loud shout startled him and he dropped his keys and wallet. Sehun swooped down to pick up the wallet as his dad fumbled for the other things he had dropped. Sehun quickly stepped over the golden keys and covered with his shoe, "Hey uh dad, I think it went under the car." Headmaster Oh groaned and bent down even further, scanning the ground underneath his Porsche. Chanyeol quickly popped out from behind the car and walked towards Sehun. The black haired male opened the wallet and pulled out the keycard to his dad's office. He handed to the tall male and watched him walk off.

Sehun lifted his foot, "Oh whoops! I was stepping on them." He said bending down. He picked up the keys and handed them to his dad while sheepishly smiling.

Headmaster Oh glared at his son as he grabbed his keys and wallet back, "What do you want?"

Sehun shrugged, "What? A son can't just pop in and say hi to his old man?"

Headmaster Oh gave him a pointed look and Sehun sighed, "Me and a couple of friends are planning to go to China for break."

The older man scoffed as he unlocked his car, "Why are you telling me? You didn't tell me when you ran off to Puerto Rico for a week."

Sehun winced, "I was 17 dad, I make dumb mistakes."

Headmaster Oh slammed the car door shut. He turned to look at Sehun through the opened window, "You're 20, you still make dumb mistakes."

With that, he closed the window and drove away. Sehun scowled, "Bastard."



 

"Okay my dad left for the day, we are clear." Sehun said, walking past Chanyeol who was leaning against the side of the building.

The tall male pushed off of the brick wall and kept up with Sehun's fast pace, "Alright, Kyungsoo and Jongin are waiting for us." Sehun nodded and together they walked across the parking lot. They neared the building where they saw Kyungsoo and Jongin pacing near the front doors. Kyungsoo was the first to spot them. His face lightened with joy as he saw Chanyeol, "Did you get it?"

Chanyeol proudly flashed the keycard, "Did you get it?"

Jongin nodded, holding up the master key to the building, "Guys you have no idea what I had to go through to get this." He leaned closer, "I flirted with one of the janitors " He shuddered, "I think I need to get a restraining order now."

Sehun bit back a smirk and grabbed the key. He fit it inside the lock on the front door and twisted. He smiled when he heard the familiar 'click' of the lock opening, "Nice." He pushed the doors open and walked inside, "I don't think any of the guards are making their rounds yet. The front door is closed but the teachers' side doors will be open until twelve."

Jongin raised his arms in frustration, "Why the did I have to steal the key then?" He whispered harshly. Sehun smirked, "There was no way we could've gotten in without teachers seeing us." He paused before walking away, "And I wanted to see you flirt with someone twice your age."

Jongin growled, "."

Kyungsoo snickered and even Chanyeol cracked a smile as they walked towards the stairs.

Jongin watched them in awe, "I'm friends with s....S!"
 

The keycard worked perfectly and the four were able to get into the Headmaster's office without a pinch. Sehun shut the door behind them and looked through the windows, "Okay, there are five cabinets, alphabetized. Kyungsoo check the last one." Kyungsoo nodded and opened the drawer. He thumbed through files, looking for Luhan's name.

"Why does your dad keep paper copies?" Chanyeol asked, grazing a finger against the high tech computer that occupied Headmaster Oh's desk. Sehun shrugged, "I don't know, I don't really understand old people."

Jongin frowned, "Dude, my grandma loves you, why would you say that."

Sehun rolled his eyes.

"Found it!" Kyungsoo announced happily. Sehun quickly pulled out his phone as he gently pushed Chanyeol towards the window, "Keep watch." The black haired male ordered as he set his phone down on the expensive office table made of the dark Mahogany wood.

He flipped through Luhan's file until he got to the contact information. He snapped a picture of Luhan's address and home number. Sehun quickly closed the file and handed it back to Kyungsoo, "Alright we're leaving."

Jongin raised an eyebrow, "You got what you needed?"

Sehun held up his phone. Jongin nodded and got up from the office desk chair, "Alright autobots, time to ro-"

"Finish that sentence and you'll find yourself being thrown out that window." Sehun said opening the door. Jongin never shut his mouth so fast. The four made their way down the hallway towards the service stairs. Sehun's eyes widened when he heard voices, "Get down!" He whispered before diving into an open doorway. The rest followed, making sure it stay very silent and still.

"Thanks for tonight Professor Im, I had a great time."

"It's no problem Choi, will there be a second date?"

Jongin in air harshly as he shook Sehun's arm, "Professor Im and Professor Choi are going out?!" He whispered loudly.

Kyungsoo smacked the boy on the back of his head, "Not the time!"
 

 

 

"That was close." Jongin said, collapsing on the couch in Sehun's dorm. Kyungsoo had went to the kitchen to get a drink and Chanyeol lay face down on the carpet. Sehun ignored the two and opened his laptop. He pulled out his wallet and a credit card his rich dad provided him with. Jongin strained his neck, looking at Sehun, "What are you doing?"

Sehun clicked a button on the screen and slammed the laptop shut, "Pack your bags losers...how does China sound?"

Chanyeol sat up, flipping over to sit on his , "No way." He said, eyes wide.

Sehun looked down at his phone, at his lock screen. A picture of Luhan smiling widely at the camera, his cheeks rosy pink and his button rose red from the cold. He was Sehun's world.

The black haired male smirked, "We are going to bring him home."