Picture 21: Earth Shattering

Polaroid

Self promotion but check me out on insta ( i just got an account) ----  peachy.xing


Chanyeol sighed once more as he gently stirred his coffee. He watched the dark liquid slowly turn into a more, familiar calming, light brown. He picked up the can of whipped cream and made a little smiley face on top of the drink. (Yes, whipped cream with coffee, don't judge him, it tastes pretty good.) Chanyeol smiled before bringing the rilakkuma mug up to his lips, taking a tentative sip.

Perfection.

The brown haired male turned and decided to walk back to the bedroom where Kyungsoo lay. The said male was tired from activities and Chanyeol for once was the first to wake. The bags under the giant's eyes revealed that Chanyeol was a night owl, and he was. Chanyeol has had sleeping problems ever since he was a child. His father brushed it off, his mother blamed him for staying up doing his own art nonsense. They didn't realize Chanyeol laid awake, staring at the ceiling in the dark to escape.

He was tormented by dreams. Scary ones. Ones in which he looses his family, where he looses his art, his everything.

Chanyeol was terrified to sleep.

So he didn't.

That is, until Kyungsoo came along. He guided Chanyeol, helped him get help, held him through the night and welcomed him in the morning. It must've been, second year of high school when the two first met. Chanyeol was running late, Kyungsoo was turning the corner. They slammed into each other and before Kyungsoo could yell at the said male, he saw his eyes. Those brown eyes that hid more than what was on the surface. Kyungsoo found himself captivated. Then it was history from there.

"Kyungsoo-ah." Chanyeol cooed, gently sitting on the edge of the bed, inches away from Kyungsoo. The black haired male groggily opened one eye, groaning as he pulled the covers over his exposed body, "mmm Mornin' Yeol..." Kyungsoo mumbled as he tried to get a sense of things.

Chanyeol chuckled as he helped the male sit up. "Wanna sip?" He asked, gently ing the mug of coffee in Kyungsoo's face. The shorter male leaned forward and took a sip, without moving his arms or legs.

He recoiled quickly, his face scrunching up with disgust, "Stop feeding me whipped cream and coffee!" He exclaimed. Chanyeol laughed out loud. He enjoyed tormenting his little boyfriend. Kyungsoo growled irritably but froze when he saw Chanyeol's smile. His face was all scrunched up and he looked kinda scary but Kyungsoo found it endearing. At this point of their relationship, Chanyeol could let loose a massive belch and Kyungsoo would respond as if a puppy had just done a new trick.

Chanyeol's laughter trailed off when he realized Kyungsoo was staring at him. So he stared right back. Kyungsoo took this as a challenge because he launched himself at the tall male.

Chanyeol barely kept his mug of coffee intact as Kyungsoo attacked his lips feverishly. Chanyeol mumbled a quick 'my coffee!!' into the kiss and Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. With a swift movement he snagged the mug out of Chanyeol's hands and set it on the bedside table. He was about to join their lips once more when a knocking interrupted them. Chanyeol meant to ignore it but it got more and more intense.

Kyungsoo finally groaned and shoved Chanyeol up, "Answer the damn door."

The brown haired male got up, grabbed his coffee mug and staggered out of the bedroom, intoxicated by Kyungsoo's lips. He opened the front door, not exactly sure who he was expecting. He certainly wasn't expecting Jongdae. The usually fashionable male came in sweats, his face bare and etched with deep sadness. In his hand he held brightly colored letters.

"Jong..dae?" Chanyeol tilted his head ever so slightly, "Can I help you?"

Jongdae looked at him, "I...have news."

Chanyeol blinked, waiting for him to continue.

"Luhan is gone."

Chanyeol's mug shattered on the ground.

 



 

"So you let him go?!" Sehun growled as he shoved Jongdae against the wall. Jongin's eyes widened as he raced to save the poor male. Jongdae stumbled away from Sehun's hold, "It wasn't my fault! I didn't know that he didn't tell you! He told me to read my letter and tell you guys two days later so I did!"

Sehun snapped his fingers, "Letter. Now."

Jongdae shuffled through the different colored letters and pulled out a pastel pink one with 'Oh Sehun' written in neat handwriting in the front. Jongdae held the rest of the letters up, "I have one for each of you."

He gave the baby blue one to Chanyeol, the lime green one to Kyungsoo and a fiery orange one too Jongin.

Sehun covered his mouth with his hand as he read, his gaze getting more and more frantic. His breath was laboring and eyes shimmering with the threat of heavy tears.

Dear Sehun,
My dear Sehun, baby I'm so sorry. I know I should have talked to you, should've told you what was happening but I didn't. I was too scared.
Before I even try to explain myself, let me thank you. I want to thank you for showing me your love. I want to thank you for your tight hugs, sweet kisses and caring words. I've never been treated like that my entire life and it makes my heart ache to leave you. There were many things I wanted to tell you, ask you. But I couldn't.

I don't know who they are but they aren't messing around. They've threatened me and Jongin. They exposed me to the college, and I'm frightened what they may do to Jongin. He didn't deserve this and so I decided to leave.

I'm sorry Sehun-ah, sometimes people were meant to fall in love, but weren't meant to stay together.

Wǒ ài nǐ,
Luhan

Sehun felt like the very ground beneath was crumbling. A hole had just been punched through his heart and he wanted to fall to his knees. He wanted to scream, cry, shout. Whatever he had to do to beg someone....anyone....to bring Luhan back to him. But he wasn't alone.

Kyungsoo was slumped against the wall, staring at his letter in shock. Chanyeol was sitting on the couch, the letter fluttered from his hands as he placed his head in them. Jongin was shivering, visibly shaking as he tried to grasp what was happening.

Dear Kyungsoo,
My dear friend. I owe you everything. Without you, I would still be alone, shy and inexperienced. You brought me out into this world. You showed me its colors, it's beauties and I can not thank you enough.

You are my guardian angel. I roamed in full confidence that whatever I do, you were always right there, ready to catch me.

I do not deserve such a friend, because I am a coward. I run from my fears, instead of facing them. I hurt Sehun. I hurt you, I hurt all of you.

I beg for forgiveness even though I do not deserve it.

-Luhan

All Kyungsoo wanted was to bring Luhan back, to bring him back to Sehun.

Dear Jongin,

God you are wonderful. Honestly. You are my angel. Never had I laughed so hard with any one else. You taught me such joy....joy that I have never experienced before. Thank you. Jongdae is holding onto to Muki but please...feel free to take her at any time. I couldn't take her with me and I can't even imagine how abandoned she feels.

I can't imagine how abandoned you all feel. I promise I had a good reason. I was protecting you. They already exposed me, threw me in with the wolves. I didn't want to bring you down with me.

They said something about a secret, one that if it gets out, it could ruin your reputation. You might even end up in jail, they said. That's why I didn't want to take the risk.

This is my fight, not yours.

-Luhan

Jongin's cheerfulness was now replaced with deep, dark fear. Fear that had been consuming him since he was a child. The guilt was overcoming him, especially after reading Luhan's letter.

This was all his fault.

Dear Chanyeol,

God you are the reason why I smile! You are a rainbow! My palette of bright colors. You are one of my best friends, one I would trust with my life. You are so soft and kind. Chanyeol I've never met someone as kind as you. The ones who bully you are as blind as I am mute. How can they not see your inner beauty?
I'm sorry I left. I had reasons of my own, I know you will understand. Because you are Chanyeol. And I love you for that.

Take care Chanyeol. I am really going to miss you. Please....watch over Sehun for me.

I'm sorry. I've disappointed you all.

-Luhan

Chanyeol had never felt so abandoned. 



 

Jongdae looked around. He had made a mistake. He should've never let Luhan go. He should've grabbed him by the wrist and held him. Pleaded with him, begged him not to go. If he had known the pain it caused his cousin, he would've never let Luhan leave. Muki was just as bad. She had been whining and crying for the last two days. Jongdae didn't know what to do. The puppy was clearly attached to her owner and picked up that he had left. Jongdae was not a worthy substitute.

"J-Jongin?"

The silver haired male looked up, his body shaking more than it had before. Sehun held up his  letter, "Tell me."

Vague command but Jongin understood. Because he looked like a cornered animal. He knew Sehun was going to ask. What was the secret so great that it cost Luhan to go back to his home and never to return again?

Jongin shook his head, "I..I don't want you hating me." He thought Sehun would protest but Chanyeol had beat him to it. The gentle giant flung himself at Jongin, uncharacteristically rough and shoved him against the wall, "Don't be selfish. Luhan left to protect you and he didn't even know your damn secret. You know we won't hate you. Now tell us."

Kyungsoo pulled Chanyeol off of Jongin. Never had he seen the male so furious. Jongin winced at the expression the brown haired male was giving him.

"You might want to sit down."

Flashback: 12 years ago
Jongin sprinted up the walkway, laughing as his cousin chased him. The little boys, who were only seven had someone ran away from their parents while they were checking up on the construction of their new office building. Jongin turned the corner, holding onto a cement column, "You can't catch me!" He tainted his cousin.

Taemin scrunched his face, "Watch me, Donghead." The little boy quickened his pace.

The two were not allowed to wander away from their parents, especially not on construction sites. The building was already a couple stories high with no protective walls yet, just metal beams that supported the weight of each floor. Nothing was on the edge to protect one from falling. The boys kept playing, not knowing the danger they were in.  Taemin finally gave up and decided to trick Jongin. He fell to his knees, holding onto his ankle like he was hurt, "Ah! Jongin!"

The said boy stopped in his tracks. When he turned and saw his cousin, his best friend on the ground. He shouted and turned right back around. He scrambled to check if Taemin was hurt anywhere. But nothing. Instead the said boy started laughing, he latched onto Jongin, "I got you!" He teased.

Jongin was a sore loser, he got up angrily. Taemin frowned and stood up as well, "Jong-"

"You tricked me!" Jongin yelled.

Taemin frowned, "I was only playing! I promise I wo-" he never finished his sentence because he got too close to Jongin. In his fury, he shoved Taemin back.

The ledge was a safe distance away so there was no way Jongin could have shoved him right off but he didn't account for the rocks on the ground.
To his horror, his best friend tripped backwards, screaming for help.
Jongin watched helplessly as he slipped off the edge. He lunged forward trying to grab him before it was too late.

But all he saw was the wide eyed expression of his hyung as he fell.

Jongin had troubles sleeping after that. Every time he closed his eyes, all he could see was Taemin falling. He jolted awake each night, covered in his sweat and tears. He fell into major depression, not eating, not dancing anymore. He blamed himself. His parents told him it was an accident and never to tell anyone. They covered it up, saying Taemin was playing alone. He slipped and fell, end of story .

Not a day goes by without Jongin wishing he died instead.
 

 

"Now you see, I'm a murderer."
Jongin stated miserably.

Chanyeol was in shock. His head in his hands, he didn't know what to say. Kyungsoo was quick to respond, "You are not a murderer Jongin. They were right, it was an accident. You didn't know he would trip on those rocks. You loved your cousin right?"

Jongin nodded.

"He wouldn't want you blaming yourself like this."

Jongin stood up, "It's not even Taemin anymore, I caused Luhan to go away!"

Chanyeol looked up, "Actually, you didn't. Luhan and I were watching something and he fell asleep. His phone kept buzzing and I thought it was Sehun, seeing how overprotective he was but it wasn't. It was some unknown number, and they were saying some bad stuff. They threatened Luhan, they wanted him to leave and they wanted Sehun."

Sehun growled, "You waited till now to tell us?!"

Chanyeol flinched, "L-Luhan never brought it up so I didn't know if they were serious."

Sehun sighed heavily, pacing back and forth, "We have to find him guys."

He looked up, making eye contact with each male, "We have to get Luhan back."