Picture 13: closer and closer until we become one

Polaroid

Sehun's eyes were wide with surprise as the smaller male pulled him even closer into the kiss. The texture of the latter's lips was no surprise after hours of staring at them, Sehun expected them to be plump and pink. Soft to the touch. The fire crackled on in the background as Sehun put his everything into this one kiss. Luhan slowly leaned backwards until he was laying down on the love couch and Sehun hovered above him.

Ironic really, Sehun was kissing the guy he liked on a love couch.

Luhan whimpered from under Sehun, causing him to pull away. The smaller male's cheeks was bright pink. Whether it was from the kiss or the heat of the fire, Sehun didn't know. Luhan just stared at Sehun, emotions were flying through his eyes. His chest was heaving, raising up and down quickly as he tried to catch his breath. Sehun was speechless. He didn't know if he should continue with what he was saying or compliment Luhan on the kiss or run out the damn room screaming. He was considering the third option when Luhan smiled.

A simple smile, a quick kiss on the nose and that was it. Luhan slowly shifted himself until he was in between the sofa and Sehun before closing his eyes. The taller male smiled and closed his eyes as well, wrapping one arm around the later. He felt at ease now. Because he knew what the small kiss on the nose was.

'Don't fret. We can talk about it later.'

Sehun grinned and closed his eyes.

 

 

Kyungsoo woke up early. He usually does. Chanyeol was the night owl between the two and woke up much later than Kyungsoo.

It was his routine to brush his teeth (yes he brushed his teeth before he ate. He found it barbaric that people could eat with that nasty taste in their mouth from when they woke up) and then head downstairs for breakfast. He walked by Sehun's room, slowing down. He considered knocking or walking in but decided against it. It's been long couple of weeks and the black haired male needed his rest.

Kyungsoo yawned once more, scratching his stomach as he walked down the stairs. He turned the corner, walking into the living room where they had talked last night. The fire was slowly dying, just small of flame that were barely lighting up the room. Kyungsoo was about to walk out of the room when something caught his eye.

He turned towards the love couch and his jaw dropped.
Luhan and Sehun were sleeping. There. On the same couch.
Together.

Sehun didn't let anyone come in a one foot radius of him. He wasn't a touchy person and tried to avoid hugs. But there he was, holding onto Luhan like his life depended on it.

Kyungsoo smiled. Why? Because Sehun was smiling.

Deep in his slumber, his guard was down. As Luhan nuzzled into his chest, Sehun was smiling. Kyungsoo hadn't seen that genuine of a smile from Sehun since the beginning of high school. And he owed the world to Luhan for being the cause of that smile. He let the pair sleep, pulling a blanket over their bodies and turning off the light in the room before walking out.

The maids bowed lowly when Kyungsoo walked into the kitchen and offered to make him breakfast. Kyungsoo shook his head and told them to go rest, his charming smile convincing the ladies. They all ran away, giggling at their master's handsome friend.

Kyungsoo yawned once more before he started looking through the pantry. He was going to make one kickass breakfast.



 

Luhan woke with a start. He sat up straight, causing Sehun to whine at the sudden movement. Luhan's blonde hair was sticking up all over the place, making him look like some cute chicken. Luhan looked down again and saw Sehun pry open one eye, struggling to stay awake. The shorter male grinned as he gently caressed Sehun's cheek with one hand. He bent down and nuzzled his nose against Sehun's before standing up.

Sehun flopped over on the love couch and fell back asleep, snoring loudly into the pillows. Luhan giggled before making his way out of the room. As soon as he stepped out into the foyer, he heard clanking of pots and water running. He walked closer to the kitchen, pausing when a soft voice cut through the silence. Whoever was singing was amazing. It was times like this that Luhan really really wanted his voice.

He always wanted to sing. He loved music. A certain voice could change someone, make them feel happy or sad. Music had this power that no other thing on this planet had. Luhan was missing out. But he didn't mind. At least he could still listen to music. He pitied those who couldn't. Even the most mundane sounds became music to specific ears. The sounds of birds chirping or someone laughing. It was beautiful.

Luhan peeped his head through the door way, trying to catch sight of who was singing. The male had his back towards Luhan but he immediately recognized who that was.

Kyungsoo turned around, wiping his forehead with his upper arm, his hands were busy chopping up some meat.

Luhan made himself known, waving at Kyungsoo as he walked to the kitchen island. Kyungsoo smiled brightly, "Morning Lu!"

Luhan waited to see if he was going to say more. He woke up with a blanket covering him and Sehun. The thing was, it wasn't there when they fell asleep. Kyungsoo was the only one awake. But the black haired male said nothing. He went back to singing as he moved around the kitchen. Flipping the omelet in the frying pan, moving to chop up some fruit and then washing the rice in the sink. Luhan didn't want to disturb him so he just watched. That and the fact that Luhan couldn't cook to save his life so maybe it was safer if he just let Kyungsoo do his thing.

"How'd you sleep?" Kyungsoo asked kindly. Luhan gave him two thumbs up.

"Did anything happen after we left?"

There it was. The awaiting question.

Luhan knew Kyungsoo was just bursting to ask questions. He was just making sure Luhan was here to stay before bringing up the topic.

Luhan shrugged.

"That's not an answer!" Kyungsoo whined.

Luhan shrugged again.

Kyungsoo sighed and admitted defeat. But it was alright he supposes. Luhan and him spent the rest of the time bonding. Kyungsoo talked most of the time, teaching Luhan different things about cooking and telling stories, Luhan making the appropriate reactions.

Kyungsoo seemed to understand Luhan fairly well, without the need of sign language. But nevermind that, he still desperately needed to learn it so he could communicate properly with his friend.

Chanyeol was the next one to come down. His red hair was insanely messed up. Kyungsoo cooed at the sight and embraced his boyfriend, kissing him good morning and making a vain attempt to fix his hair. Chanyeol just grinned contently as he enjoyed the attention. Luhan smiled at the two. He loved Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. They were so supportive of him and were the first real friends he has ever made. And he knew, no matter what sticky situation he ended up in, they were going to be there to help him out.

Luhan, lost in his thoughts, did not notice a particular black haired male creeping up behind him. He jumped in surprise when he felt nimble fingers tickling his sides. Luhan fell backwards off the stool, his mouth wide open as he laughed. Sehun had caught him before he hit the ground and lifted him back up. Luhan smiled widely and hugged the tall male, pressing his cheek against his firm chest. Sehun stiffened in surprise but returned the hug, his lips faintly tugging upwards into a soft smile.

Kyungsoo grinned. Sehun was smiling again.

As long as Luhan was around, Sehun had a faint smile on his face.

Kyungsoo loved that.





 

Breakfast was joyous. Jongin finally trudged down the stairs an hour later. He found everyone around the table, setting up breakfast. With a yawn he slumped into the chair next to Kyungsoo, his fading pink hair falling messily onto his face.

"Morning sleeping beauty." Kyungsoo teased as he served some eggs into the later's plate. Jongin mumbled something incoherent and picked up his chopsticks. Luhan watched with amusement as Jongin picked up a piece of meat and stuffed it in his mouth, all while his eyes were half closed. Luhan set the last mug of coffee on the table and was about to sit down next to Sehun when the black haired male pulled him into his lap. Luhan's eyes were wide as Sehun nonchalantly pointed to seaweed soup, "Can I have some?"

Kyungsoo's mouth was wide open, his eyes wide wider then usual. Sehun blinked and looked at his confused friends.

"Um...the soup?"

Kyungsoo snapped out of his trance and slid the bowl towards Sehun. Luhan caught Chanyeol's eye and a mental conversation ensued.

He's holding you!

I knoW HE'S HOLDING ME.

He likes you.

PLEASE HELP ME IM
GOING TO EXPLODE.

"Luhan why are you breathing so heavily?"



 

The door slammed shut with a, "We'll be back soon!"

Luhan waved goodbye to Kyungsoo and Chanyeol before turning around and heading upstairs. He had yet to unpack.

Jongin was god knows where and Sehun was with him. Luhan didn't mind a little time with himself though. He trudged up the stairs, pausing when he heard a familiar ring tone. Luhan sped up and ran into his room, rummaging through his backpack for his phone. He picked it up and looked at who was calling.

His grandfather.

.

Luhan declined the call and went to text him, pausing when he saw 10 notifications for the 'phone' app.

10 missed calls from his grandfather.

Double .

Grandfather: are you not coming home

Grandfather: answer Luhan

Grandfather: it's okay if you are not, you need to spend this time studying

Luhan in harshly.... whoops.

Luhan: yes grandfather

Grandfather: have you made any friends

Luhan: no

Luhan had lied because he knew this was the answer his grandfather wanted.

Grandfather: good. Focus on your studies

End of conversation.

Luhan let out a deep breath, one that he didn't even know he was holding and slumped down on the bed. He had everything as a child. Good food, maids and nannies, all the toys he could want, books and cool pens and pencils. But he never had love.

Grandfather said that Luhan's parents abandoned him when he was very young. Luhan still has dreams about them leaving, except their faces were blurry. Luhan couldn't make out what they looked like. Grandfather was serious and didn't show affection. The maids and nannies tried to make him happy but they just couldn't communicate with him. They didn't care enough to learn sign language.

Luhan's private teacher was probably the closest thing he had as a friend. But even the teacher one day stopped coming. Luhan suspected his grandfather had to do with it.

"Lu?"

Luhan looked up to see Sehun standing by the doorway, a concerned expression etched on his face, "A-are you crying? What happened?"

Luhan smiled as he wiped away the tears that somehow made their way down his cheeks, "I'm fine."

Sehun studied his face for a couple more seconds before slowly nodding, "Okay. Would you like to come grocery shopping with me and Jongin. I sent the maids home for the week so we can have some privacy."

Luhan nodded slowly before looking up at Sehun who had his hand reached out for Luhan to take. The blonde male smiled, taking Sehun's hand and pulling himself up. Sehun yanked Luhan closer and the smaller tripped and landed against Sehun's chest. The taller laughed in victory as he held Luhan. Luhan just pressed his face against Sehun's chest, enjoying the rise and fall as the black haired male laughed.

"Lu?"

Luhan looked up.

"If there's anything bothering you, anything at all...you can talk to me." Sehun sighed, "I know I'm mean and an but I really care for you and I'm here. If you need me, I'm always here."

Luhan smiled widely. Never had anyone said anything like that to him. Nobody cared for him like Sehun and his friends did. Luhan didn't know how to express his gratitude so he just went up on his tiptoes and pressed a light kiss on Sehun's cheek.

"Come, I bet Jongin is waiting for us."


 

 

"For the last time Jongin we are NOT getting a puppy." Sehun deadpanned. The dark haired male was shoving Jongin past the pet shop. The tanned male had his face pressed up against the glass like he was a toddler, peering at the cages of puppies. He squealed when a particular puppy bopped the glass with its squishy nose.

"Aw come on Hunnie! Look how cute they are!" Jongin wiggled in excitement as he cooed at the furry creature on the other side of the glass.

Sehun shook his head, "No means no, now come on we have to go get grocer-" he faltered when he saw Luhan pressing his face against the glass as well, his brown doe eyes wide as he watched the puppies prance back and forth, "Not you too Luhan."

Luhan looked up, his big doe eyes shimmering with delight. Sehun sighed and walked over to him. Luhan scooted over a bit to allow Sehun to kneel down next to him. The tall male looked uncomfortable, that is, until Luhan grabbed his hand in excitement and pointed out different puppies.

"Um, do you guys wanna like, pet the dogs?"

Luhan turned around to see a pet store worker standing behind him. He looked bored, his black hair stuck greasily to his forehead but Luhan nodded with a big smile. The worker opened the glass door to where all the kennels sat. He allowed Sehun and Luhan to walk in and closed the door behind them. Luhan squeezed Sehun's hands tighter as a small dog, barely the size of Sehun's forearm, came out of its cage. It's tiny paws got tripped over the carpet and Luhan gasped when the dog went down.

Sehun watched as Luhan pouted and ran to where the puppy laid on the ground and picked it up. The blonde haired male held the puppy so tenderly, like it was a baby. With quick steps, Luhan walked back to Sehun and sat carefully in his lap, making sure not to jostle the puppy. Sehun grinned and wrapped his arms around Luhan so he could reach the puppy. With delicate motions he pet its light brown fur.

Little did the two know, a certain tanned male was taking a phone full of pictures and videos and sending them to a certain couple.




 

Luhan yawned as he yanked on an oversized fluffy sweater. He had an exhausting day. Insanely fun, but exhausting. After the pet store, Sehun, Jongin and him finally got to their chore of grocery shopping. By the time they came back, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo had come back from their date and were playing in the snow. Luhan, excited to see it snowing, dropped everything and rushed outside again. Sehun ran after him because Luhan had forgotten his gloves.

Just as Sehun was heading back inside, a mis-thrown snowball hit him in the head and a snowball fight ensued. They played till night fall. They had dinner and watched a movie before leaving for their respective rooms. Luhan was sore all over, for this was the first time he had played outside.

He collapsed in bed, pulling the warm covers over his chilled body. Just as the blonde haired male was drifting off to sleep, he heard rapping against the balcony door. Luhan shot up, flinging the covers off of him. He didn't move, in case he imagined the knocks. But seconds later, another set of knocks were heard.

Luhan took a deep breath as he slowly moved forward toward the silk curtains that covered the glass of the balcony doors. Without hesitation, he yanked them aside, revealing a shivering Sehun standing in the snow.

Luhan gasped and yanked open the doors, letting Sehun stumble in.

"Are you insane?! It's below freezing tonight!" Luhan scolded as he brushed the snow off of Sehun's head. He helped the black haired male slip out of his frozen, wet jacket and wrapped him in the fluffy blanket that was on his bed. Sehun had a box with him, a box riddled with holes.

"I um...I heard that climbing up balconies were romantic?"

Luhan stifled a laugh, "Not when it's below freezing you idiot! And it's like two in the morning."

Sehun shrugged, "I had something to say."

Luhan smiled, "Well...what is it?"

Sehun set the box down and stood up, the blanket fell off his  broad shoulders, "I wanted to talk about last night. When you...when I....when we kissed."

Luhan could feel his face slowly getting more and more pink.

"I'm sure you heard me talking but I really really like you."

Sehun paused, ruffling his black hair, "You and I can not be more different. You're so sweet and nice and lovable and I'm an . Everyone is either scared of me or hates me. But I promise you, if you give me a chance. I would treat you like a ing queen."

Luhan smiled. He smiled widely, until all his teeth were showing, until his eyes crinkled up into a crescent shape, until his cheeks were bright pink.

"Is that...a yes?"

Sehun really didn't need an answer because Luhan launched himself at the taller male. Wrapping his arms around Sehun's neck and locking his legs around the taller's waist. Sehun's yelp was muffled by Luhan's lips meeting his. They kissed and kissed, making up for the roller coaster of emotions that they had gone through. Sehun made the kiss deeper, making it slower and longer as he walked towards the bed. He let his body fall, bringing Luhan down with him. He smiled with the smaller male let out a breathy gasp as their bodies hit the soft mattress. Sehun tugged the blanket with one hand and covered their bodies with it. Luhan lay trapped beneath Sehun, between his arms. His hair was messed up, sticking in all directions and his lips swollen pink.

Sehun had never seen anything more beautiful.

The black haired male was about to lean down and connect their lips again when they heard a small bark. Luhan shot up, eyes wide as he stared at Sehun. In the faint light, Sehun could see Luhan signing out a question, "Is that..."

Sehun leaned over, grabbing the box that sat next to the bed. He rolled them over so Luhan was straddling him, "It's my gift to you, I almost forgot."

Luhan took the box gingerly, his legs tightly wrapped around Sehun. He placed the hole riddled box between their chests and opened it slowly. A smile erupted from his face when a small nose poked out of one of the holes. Luhan gasped as he picked up the small puppy from inside the box. Sehun grabbed the box and threw it aside, allowing the puppy to curl up in between them.

"It's the same one from before." Sehun said, "She's a runt, that's why no one wanted her."

Luhan looked up, his doe eyes glassy with the threat of tears that haven't fell yet, "I love her."

Sehun smiled, "I'm glad."

Luhan slowly set the puppy down, letting her scurry around the room before settling on a lone pillow that fell from the bed. With the puppy out of the way, Luhan joined their lips together once more, trying to communicate the feelings and messages that he couldn't verbally tell Sehun. Sehun finally pulled away panting, letting Luhan rest his forehead on his own.

"Thank you Sehun."

Sehun smiled and signed back, "Anytime baby."