Picture 37: Every good beginning has an equally good ending

Polaroid

Triple update; make sure to read from chapter 35


The last two years of college were a blur of the remaining eight. Not a day went by that they were reminded of Sehun and Luhan. It was a shock initially. Walking into a dorm that was empty and clean, except for one note on the counter.

"Don't look for us."

Chanyeol was heartbroken. Jongin and Kyungsoo tried to be brave. Yixing mourned for a brother he had just gained and Jongdae wept for his cousin, his best friend. But slowly they got over their pain, turned it into their motivation.

Each of the eight went on, following their dreams. They kept Sehun and Luhan in mind, knowing that they were out there, somewhere following their own dreams. 

Sometimes Jongin liked to lay on the rooftop of the tallest building on campus and dream about his best friends.

Did Sehun and Luhan get married?

Did they get a nice house together?

Did they get another dog?

Was Luhan's hair still pink? How did they look like? They must've grown. 20 to 26? They must've changed.

 

 

The months bled into years. The eight graduated, got engaged, some got married. They spread out across Korea and in Kris and Tao's case, in China.

Kyungsoo finally debuted as a talented author, his works selling like hot drinks on a cold rainy day. He married Chanyeol finally, who in turn, became a teacher, an elementary art teacher in fact.

He taught kids the true meaning and messages of art during the day, and during the night he painted his own masterpieces. His muse was a doe eyed boy who was wondering the world, unknown to all but the person he's traveling with, his soulmate. 

Xiumin realized how much Jongdae meant to him and how over girls he was. The two took over Jongdae's father's company. Although Xiumin did most of the heavy lifting, letting Jongdae focus on his true passion, his music. They had gotten engaged, just two years after graduation. The wedding date was still to be determined. Jongdae refused to marry Xiumin without his cousin being present. Xiumin understood and equally wanted his best friend to be there.

Jongin grew up. After Sehun left, it was a like a piece of him left with the black haired male. He cracked down, stopped messing around, focused on his studies. So much in fact, that he had to depend on Yixing to keep his anchored.

The years passed. Each boy grew into a man. They kept in touch, met every year on the day Sehun and Luhan disappeared. At first, they all were looking for the two but slowly, one by one, they gave up.

Sehun and Luhan did not want to be found. They were living their life, happy and free as they could be.

Kyungsoo couldn't be more happy for them. The two had been through a lot and running away like this must've really showed them how much they truly didn't know about themselves. Kyungsoo understood that this wasn't just running away from their problems. It was about finding out who they were, what they stood for. He loved Sehun and he loved Luhan. No matter what, the two would always be his best friends.

He had found a note for him and Xiumin years later. It was from Luhan. It was stuck on each of their respective doors but the two knew it was from the doe eyed boy. Simply because of the four words messily hand written on old polariods.

"Capture life in pictures."

Kyungsoo sighed as he kicked off his shoes and collapsed on the couch. The two had left Muki with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. Kyungsoo understood that Luhan only trusted them with his baby. Muki, who even though was very old, still having the energy of a pup, jumped onto his lap. Kyungsoo ran his fingers through the dog's fur as he closed his eyes. It had been a busy day.

Suddenly, his phone buzzed. Kyungsoo fished it out and thumbed through his phone until he opened up his messages. He had gotten a text from Jongdae, who honestly hadn't been in touch recently. He fiddled with his wedding ring, a habit that he picked up whenever he was nervous.

Even though it had been years, Jongdae never stopped his search for his cousin.

Jongdae: Okinawa, Japan

Kyungsoo smirked and grabbed his keys.


 


 

Sorry the ending was so short and choppy, that's just how life is...But there you go. The ending to Polaroid.

It's a pretty open ending, you guys can imagine whatever you want.

Gosh, thank you so much for sticking with me for the past couple months while I wrote this.

I thank you for every comment, seriously it makes my day!

I love you guys! 

-Navi