Picture 7: The silence of Libraries

Polaroid

I'm going to my cousins tomorrow so I won't be able to update till Monday, so expect another update later today.


Libraries were nice.
They had a great aesthetic to them.

The silence that washed over the entire building. The hushed whispers that seemed to appear and disappear around every corner. The soft crackling of the papers turning.

Luhan loved libraries.

So when Kyungsoo texted him to meet the group at the library to do some work, he gladly accepted. The sun was just setting as Luhan headed out of his dorm, of course leaving a small note for Xiumin, telling him where he went. Luhan walked happily to the giant brick building, his white doc martens smacking against the ground heavily as he walked. The wind was starting to pick up and he was starting to get cold. The holes in his white skinny jeans weren't helping either. Although his oversized mahogany colored sweater was keeping his torso quite warm. Luhan brushed his blonde hair out of his eyes as he slid his student ID through the card reader. The door buzzed and the little red light flashed green, indicating that the door unlocked.

Luhan opened the door, almost tripping when the heavy door hit his body, he wasn't expecting the door to be so heavy. Suddenly the weight got lighter. Luhan looked up to see a pair of stormy eyes looking back at him. His knees quivered as he took in the tall male in front of him. Sehun had his mouth set in a straight line, and he dawned that same cold face that he always had.

"Kyungsoo sent me out here to get you, he was afraid you would get lost."

Only after Luhan started to follow Sehun into the library, he realized that Kyungsoo wasn't joking. The library was huge, shelves upon shelves filled with books lay in front of Luhan. His smile got wider as he took in the amount of books, the amount of stories that he could read. Sehun noticed the smaller's glee and he struggled to keep a straight face as he continued to watch Luhan.

The male seemed so fascinated and excited. Sehun had never seen someone so excited to see books. After Luhan got over his initial shock of all the books, he turned his gaze to Sehun. The tall male was as different from Luhan as one could possibly be. From the black, worn out leather boots to the dark washed out jeans and black bomber jacket. Sehun looked like a splat of negativity. Even his choker was thin, black and had a rugged fang dangling in the middle.

Luhan seemed like an angel next to him. In clothes and personalities. Luhan gulped as Sehun took another turn, leading Luhan into the depths of the library. It was like a maze, with all these shelves. After a while, they all started to look the same. Luhan his own white choker nervously. What if Sehun was leading him into the depths of the library to kill him?

What if-

"Angel!"

Never mind.

Luhan smiled when he caught sight of Jongin lying on the carpeted floor, a phone in one hand, a juice box in the other. A huge book lay open on his torso. His fluffy brown hair was dyed a pinkish purple and Luhan clapped his hands with glee as he raced to the tan male. He ran his fingers through Jongin's hair, forgetting that there were three other pairs of eyes watching him. Luhan looked up sheepishly as Jongin laughed. "Angel likes the color pink!" He announced, like it was some grand news that they should be celebrating.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, "Sorry about calling you out here so late, Chanyeol and I were busy all day and I really want this damn project to be over with."

Jongin wiggled his eyebrows, "Busy, hmm?"

Kyungsoo didn't hesitate to throw a book at him.

Luhan shrugged off his backpack and sat on the floor, next to a beanbag that Sehun occupied. The tall male stiffened when Luhan brushed against his leg, unknowingly of course. The honey blonde male was happily taking out his notebooks and pencils, not even noticing Sehun's heavy stare on him. But Kyungsoo noticed. And Kyungsoo liked the way Sehun looked at Luhan. He looked at him with such delicacy, as if a mere glare in the wrong direction could break the poor boy. His cold eyes softened to their natural chocolate brown state. The corner of his lips twitched every once in a while. Kyungsoo would pay big money to see Sehun smile genuinely. And he knew that, somewhere in the nearby future, Luhan would be the cause of those smiles. But for now, Kyungsoo settled with the cute awkwardness between the two.

So the five settled, working on their own part of the project. Kyungsoo was happily settled next to Chanyeol, his legs draped over the latter's lap. Jongin was sprawled out on the floor, his shirt riding up as he reached for a couple more post-it notes.

Luhan was tapping the end of his pencil against the library floor, to a beat in his head. Sehun was flipping through the class textbook, jotting down any notes he could find. The hours passed quickly and Jongin was the first to surrender.

He yawned, stretching his entire body, "I'm out guys, I have an early morning dance practice." He bid them goodbye before grabbing his backpack and left.

Kyungsoo snorted, "Weak."

Chanyeol tentatively raised a hand, "Actually I'm tired too." He stopped, pouted and patted his belly, "I didn't eat dinner either."

This caught kyungsoo's attention. He stood up immediately, scolding the taller for being so irresponsible. In five minutes, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol packed up and left, walking hand in hand, discussing what they would have for dinner. Luhan smiled at the cute couple and went back to his work.

"Do you want to sit on the couch?"

Luhan looked up to see Sehun motioning to the empty couch which used to be occupied by Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. Luhan shook his head, he liked being on the ground. Not to mention he was closer to Sehun this way. Sehun shrugged and went back to work.  The two fell into a comfortable silence, only the rustling of papers and pencils filled the air. Luhan yawned a couple times but he kept going. He didn't want Sehun to think he was a weak baby who needed to sleep so early. Luhan, after yawning for the forth time, checked his watch. His eyes bugged out when he saw the time.

11:59.

The honey blonde turned to get Sehun's attention when suddenly all the lights went out. Luhan's heart jumped to his throat as he immediately latched to Sehun's leg.

Ever since Luhan was a little babe, he was scared out of his mind by the dark. His grandfather used to punish him by locking him in a dark closet, the only source of light was the thin crack underneath the door. He couldn't yell out for his grandfather to let him out so he sat in the dark, crying silently. Luhan blinked rapidly as he felt his tears forming in his eyes. He could hear rustling of Sehun's jacket. The taller male swore as he fumbled for his phone, " I forgot the library closed at twelve."

Luhan squeezed Sehun's leg tighter. Sehun frowned when he felt the smaller male start to shake.

"Hey, hey are you okay?" Sehun asked into the dark. Immediately after he asked the question, he smacked his forehead, " sorry. Um..pull on my pant leg twice for yes and once for no okay?"

Two tugs.

"Are you afraid of the dark?"

Hesitance and then two tugs.

Sehun sighed, "Okay. I need you to let go for like two seconds. I'll turn on my phone flashlight and we'll go see if the idiot night guards left the doors unlocked."

Two tugs.

Sehun stood up and his phone flashlight, only to see it was at one percent. He swore again. He had left his charger at home.

"Luhan, how much charge do you have in your phone?"

Sehun flashed the light in Luhan's direction. The small male looked up, making a zero with his hands.

"Ugh great." Sehun tried to do the math in his head, "We have about a minute to find the light switches."

Just as he said that, his phone died.

Luhan froze, now more afraid then ever. Both his phone and Sehun's phone were dead, they had no way of contacting anyone and had no source of light. Sehun on the other hand could practically feel the anxiety coming off the smaller male. Sehun bent down slowly, trying to find his grasp in the dark. He fumbled around until he felt something soft and warm. Sehun placed his whole hand over it, smiling slightly when he felt fingers. He grabbed Luhan's hand and held it tightly as he got back up.

"We're going to try to walk to the entrance okay? Just hold onto me."

Luhan didn't need to be told twice. He grabbed Sehun's sleeve with his free hand and interlaced his fingers with Sehun's. If he wasn't so scared, Luhan would be blushing madly. Sehun took a tentative step forward, and then another. Slowly but surely, the two males made their way through the shelves, only bumping into them a couple times. Sehun was navigating through the library based on pure memory and Luhan was just trying his best not to cry.

They finally made it to the front. Moonlight poured through the glass doors and Luhan loosened his grip on Sehun. He tried to let go of Sehun's hand but the taller male just squeezed his hand. Luhan looked up at Sehun who refused to meet his gaze. Sehun walked over to the front doors and tried to open them.

Locked.

He swore, "Why the do they need to lock these from the inside?"

Luhan was smiling like an idiot. 

Sehun was holding his hand. 
Sehun didn't let go of his hand. 
Luhan was still holding Sehun's hand.

Sehun on the other hand sighed heavily, "I guess we're stuck here."

He made his way to a couple of sofas in the main lounging area, where the light from the moon outside still dimly lit up the room. He shrugged off his bomber jacket, leaving him in a long sleeved black shirt. Sehun made Luhan sit down and wrapped his jacket around the smaller male's lithe frame. Luhan watched with wide eyes as Sehun backed up, "Get some sleep. We'll be here till morning." The tall male sounded irritated so Luhan obeyed quietly. He pulled his legs up to his chest and snuggled into the soft couch. He closed his eyes, trying to get his body to relax.

But he couldn't.

He could feel Sehun's heavy gaze on him. It took all his energy to keep a straight face. But keeping his eyes closed for that long and the fact that he's had a fairly long day, Luhan quickly fell asleep. Sehun on the other hand was wide awake. Freezing.

The library was getting cold without the heater on. It was cold normally during the day but at night, the temperature was dropping. Sehun shuddered as he rubbed his hands together, blowing on them as a vain attempt to warm them up. Luhan was laying peacefully in front of him. His honey blonde hair was tousled cutely, his cute button nose twitching every so often. His plump pink lips were slightly ajar, small snores came out. Sehun stifled a laugh at how cute the smaller looked. Luhan suddenly frowned in his sleep. He shuddered violently, his hands fumbling to pull the jacket closer around his body.

Sehun frowned. Luhan was cold. He sighed and looked at the clock. It was nearing one. The library wouldn't be opening until seven and Sehun was freezing his off. An idea popped into his head but he quickly shot it down. But seeing Luhan shiver like that was really making it hard to resist.

Human contact meant warmth right?

Sehun got up. Slowly, he made his way towards the sleeping male. Before he could convince himself out of the idea, Sehun shimmied the jacket out of Luhan's hold. He pulled it on before sitting down. Luhan now was shivering considerably more. Sehun pulled the small male between his legs, covering him with the excess jacket. Luhan sighed in relief as he snuggled closer to his source of warmth, Sehun. Sehun's breath hitched as Luhan rested his head on his chest. Sehun hesitated but slowly wrapped his arms around the smaller's lithe waist, covering him with the jacket. Sehun shut his eyes and willed himself to sleep before he burst of embarrassment. 

 


 

"You rascals! Get up!"

Luhan blinked multiple times before slowly opening his eyes. He only saw a sharp jaw. He slowly titled his head up, trying to see who the jaw belonged to. He gasped when he saw the sleeping face of Sehun. Suddenly, last night's memories came rushing back to him.

He was still in the library. He fell asleep with Sehun. He had cuddled Sehun in his sleep.

Luhan's eyes got wider as he tried to get off of the sleeping male. Sehun groaned and tightened his hold on Luhan, "Five more minutes kyung...." he mumbled.

"I said wake up! You troublemakers! What are you doing in the library? Did you break in?

Sehun sat up groggily, not coherent to the fact that he had Luhan in his lap, "Shut up."

The librarian's eyes got comically wide as she gasped, "Excuse me?! Is that how you talk to your eld-"

"Do you know who I am? I can have my dad firing you. You locked up without checking if there was anyone left. You are the reason that I was stuck here." Sehun said, slowly coming to his senses.

The librarian fumbled for words before walking away, clearly flustered. Sehun yawned and blinked, rubbing his eyes slowly. He opened them fully, only to shout in surprise to see Luhan in his lap, looking at him expectedly.

"I...it was...you were...." Sehun stuttered, trying to find an excuse or a reason on why he did what he did last night. Luhan just got off his lap and slipped on his boots before racing out the front door. Sehun sighed heavily as he held his head. He desperately needed his morning coffee.