Picture 34: Fallout

Polaroid

Double update! Make sure to read chapter 33 first!


Luhan woke up with something shifting from underneath him. He yawned and slowly opened his eyes, rubbing them cutely as he tried to wake up. He heard a familiar cooing noise, "Aw, is my baby Luhan awake?"

Luhan rolled his eyes and pinched Sehun's side. The black haired male yelped. Luhan turned his head to look at the clock. They still had an hour or so to start getting ready for class.

The year was coming to an end. Finals were starting and Luhan was freaking out. Of course, Sehun was helping him along with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. They were taking their second year of finals. There was no process on Jongdae. Only Xiumin was able to talk to the male and even then, Luhan wasn't sure if Jongdae was getting any better.

He seemed to really like Xiumin.

"What are you thinking about?"

Luhan blinked and looked down at Sehun. He was laying on the taller's body, enjoying the warmth of his skin against Luhan's own, even thought it was the beginning of June.

The grey haired male shrugged.  Sehun chuckled and wrapped his arms around Luhan tightly, causing the blanket to shift slightly lower. Luhan whined and wrestled to pull the blanket over his skin. Sehun laughed louder and nuzzled his nose against Luhan's, "You okay?"

Luhan nodded, "Just a little sore."

Sehun wiggled his eyebrows, "That means I did good right?"

Luhan smacked his chest. Sehun laughed louder and rolled the two over. Luhan gasped as Sehun hovered over him.

The black haired male was getting more and more playful. He was happy, regardless of everything that has happened to him. Luhan was glad he could cause some of that happiness. Sehun was smiling more, laughing more and talking more. He went to Kyungsoo for help instead of the male coming and asking if he needed any. He actually modeled for Chanyeol, allowing the tall male to sketch him.

Sehun was becoming more recipient to Jongin's antics and sometimes even joining along. Luhan was so glad to see Sehun so happy.

"You have to kiss back for this to work."

Luhan blinked, coming out of his thoughts. He hadn't even realized that Sehun was kissing him. He smiled and shook his head.

Sehun gasped playfully, "You?! My little Lu? Don't want kisses?"

Luhan stuck out his tongue but burst out laughing as Sehun ran his fingers along his torso, tickling him. Luhan gasped for air as Sehun tickled him. Finally, he was able to roll off the bed, landing on the floor with a loud thud.

Unfortunately he took the blanket down with him. Sehun grabbed a pillow cover himself up. Luhan popped up, smiling cheekily before disappearing into the closet. By the time he came out, (dressed this time) Sehun was also wearing clothes.

"Hungry?"

Luhan nodded and poked his stomach with a pout, "Famished."

Sehun smiled and picked Luhan up, throwing him over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. At first Luhan fought it. He gently pounded on Sehun's back with his fists but finally gave up. Sehun sat him down on the kitchen counter and the stove.

"What will it be today, princess Lu? Eggs, bacon?"

Luhan exaggerated a wink at Sehun, "You."

Sehun raised an eyebrow, "Me?"

Luhan nodded.

Sehun turned off the stove and moved closer to Luhan, wedging himself in between the latter's legs. Luhan was so short that when he was sitting on the countertop, he was eye level with Sehun. "Sorry to disappoint but we are fresh out of Sehun's." The black haired male said.

Luhan pouted, "Darn, I really do love my Sehun's."

"Oh really, what do you love about him?"

Luhan tugged Sehun closer, "I love his smile." Luhan pecked Sehun's lips.

"I love his squishy cheeks." Luhan pressed two loud kisses on either side of Sehun's face.

"I love his sharp jawline." Luhan peppered kissing along Sehun's jaw, going down his neck and going over the spots where he had left marks from before.

"I even love his cute button nose." Luhan signed with a smile before placing a playful kiss on Sehun's nose.

Sehun was grinning wide. Ear to ear. Luhan had never seen such a smile.

"You really mean that?"

"Ever single kiss."

Sehun was quick to join their lips. It started out slow but Sehun kept pushing and pulling, causing Luhan to tug him closer. Luhan hissed as the head hit the cupboards behind him but Sehun kept pressing him against it. His hand went to the side Luhan's face, holding him in place and Sehun attacked him with kisses over and over again. Just as Luhan's fingers traveled down to Sehun's shirt, his phone rang.

Painfully, Sehun pulled away. Luhan rested his forehead on Sehun's chest, heaving for breath as the taller fumbled for his phone.

"Hello?"

Luhan watched as Sehun's face turned to shock.

"You're serious? You're not kidding me?"

Luhan pulled away and sat straight, watching Sehun with concern.

"Alright. I'll go see for myself."

With that Sehun hung up, "That was Kyungsoo. He saw..." Sehun stopped himself, "I have to go."

Luhan wanted to protest but in a blink of an eye, Sehun was out the door, freshly washed and all, leaving Luhan sitting on the counter by himself. 


 

Sehun flew into the coffee shop, phone by his ear as he looked around, "Are you sure? You saw her here?"

Kyungsoo was on the other side of the line, "Yea. I was walking to the library and I swear to god I saw her. Sitting in Luhan's usual booth, drinking a milkshake and reading a book, just like him."

Sehun sighed as he walked to the back of the shop, "Yea. He always reminded me of her."

Kyungsoo faltered before answering, "You...You aren't going to talk to her right? I mean, past is in the past."

Sehun froze. He saw a familiar head of auburn hair. Cut short and choppy. He saw familiar piercings on her ear.

"Kyungsoo...I have to."  With that, Sehun hung up and walked slowly towards the girl.

With each step his heart quickened. With every foot he got closer to her, he saw flashbacks....memories.

Them lying in the grass, looking up at the stars.  Them running away from the teachers after they caught them making out in empty classrooms. Sehun could see clearly, even though his eyes were full of tears, he could see her walking away. He could see her back, distancing from himself, never to turn back around again.

She looked up, her light hazel eyes meeting Sehun's and he swore his heart stopped.

"Mia?"

She smiled, showing off the familiar face, "Sehun!"

Sehun sat down at the booth, covering his mouth with both hands. He was in disbelief, "Mia? Is that really you?"

Mia rolled her eyes, "Of course pea brain, who else would I be?"

Sehun let out a laugh, "Oh my god it is you!" He faltered, the image of a doe eyed male in the back of his mind, "What are you doing here?"

Mia set down her book before grabbing Sehun's hands with hers. He could feel the cold metal of all her rings press against his fingers, "I came back. I was sent away, and I didn't contact you because I was scared. But now, after I made connections of my own....I came back."

Sehun blinked.

"Sehun...I came back for you." Mia whispered. Sehun's hands immediately tightened around Mia's.

"Y-you're not kidding?"

Mia shook her head, laughing gently, "Why would I joke about that? Transfer schools to be with me Sehun. Take money out of your account and run away with me."

She leaned closer, "Like we always talked about. Those promises we made as sixteen year olds. How you promised to take me away from my sadness, how you promised you would always protect me?"

Mia blinked, her long eyelashes batting in a slow, mesmerizing way, "Please Oh Sehun, I need you."

Sehun opened his mouth to reply but was cut off by his phone ringing. He answered it without breaking eye contact with Mia.

"Hello?"

"Sehun get your out of that coffee shop."

Sehun blinked and looked at who had just called him, "Excuse me? Yixing why the hell did you call me?"

Yixing's tone was desperate, "Sehun, I'm not playing around. I'll explain everything just..." There was a short pause, "Please. Meet me outside." His voice was so fragile and fearful.

Sehun hung up and patted Mia's hands, who was looking at him expectedly, "I'll be right back." Mia nodded and with that Sehun got up and walked out of the coffee shop. As soon as he was outside, someone grabbed his by his collar.

Sehun yelped as he was dragged behind the shop, out of view from the people inside. Sehun stared Yixing down, ready to land a punch on his face, "What the Yixing!"

"Sehun, please. Don't listen to anything Mia tells you! She's bad news."

Sehun frowned. He was angry. How dare Yixing come to him, after all that he's done and try to repeat the past. Sehun was more than angry, he was ing furious. "Who do you think you are?" Sehun poked at Yixing's chest, pushing him backwards, "Coming here after everything and telling me the same thing you told me five years ago? It's not going to work."

Yixing shook his head, "No you don't understand, Sehun listen to me. Mi-"

Sehun cut him off, "No. I'm done listening to you. I've listened to you for all my life and look where that's got me."

Yixing grabbed Sehun's hands, which shocked him. Yixing looked like he was about to go down on his knees and beg. Sehun had never seen Yixing look so distressed. The dimpled male always had such a cool faux image.

"No." Sehun ripped his hands out of Yixing's.

"YOU ING IDIOT. I'M TRYING TO PROTECT YOU."

Sehun didn't hesitate to yell back, "FROM WHO."

"Mia."

Sehun froze, "W-What?"

Yixing sighed tiredly, "I was walking to my classroom one day. It was after classes and I forgot my phone. I was passing this one class when I saw Mia on the phone. She was talking to someone."

Yixing gulped, "I still remember...how different she looked at that exact moment. Her warm brown eyes were stone cold. She said, and I quote, 'only a couple more weeks and I can get all the money we need from him. He's pathetically in love with me'."

Sehun shook his head, "N-no."

Yixing nodded, "God I wouldn't lie to you. I bet she's back asking for money or something. Sehun, I made myself the bad guy back then to protect you. I told dad about her so he could send her away."

Sehun's expression softened. All these years of hating Yixing for something...it was all falling apart, "Why didn't you ever tell me?"

Yixing smiled bitterly, "You were young Sehun. Freshly sixteen. I wanted you to remember your first love fondly."

Sehun frowned, "B-But...you became my enemy. You...you STOLE my birth right!"

Yixing sighed, "Be honest Sehun. You would've never been happy as a headmaster. That's not your dream."

Sehun scowled and stepped closer to Yixing, "You know nothing of my dreams."

"You want to dance. You want to teach dance to kids." Yixing stated curtly. 

Sehun froze, "H-How did you know that? I only told-"

"Mia? I overheard you guys."

Sehun frowned even more, "Wait...that means that...you've been working this hard for me?"

Yixing nodded, "China, America, I studied hard so father would chose me instead of you."

Sehun let out a shaky breath. He walked away, before coming around in a circle, "That was years ago. Five, almost six...." Sehun paused, his voice quivering and his eyes watering, "You've been planning this for that long?"

Yixing nodded.

"Why?"

"You're my brother. Brothers keep their brothers happy."

Sehun slowly stepped backwards, the guilt bubbling up from inside. Yixing the villain, suddenly wasn't the villain any more. Sehun felt his whole world flip upside down. What was once right was wrong, and what was once wrong was right. Sehun didn't know what to think, nor did he know how to respond.

Instead, he just opened his mouth and then closed it, "I-I ...I have to go."

Sehun ran.