Picture 32: Pillow fights and broken hearts

Polaroid

Luhan looked down at Sehun who was resting his head in the said male's lap. He looked back up at Jongdae who was smiling widely.

"No."

Jongdae's face fell, "Aw come on, after a night like that, we need to drink it off."

Kyungsoo frowned, "You understand him?"

Jongdae nodded, "Xiumin's been giving me lessons, teaching me the basics."

Chanyeol threw his hands up in the air, "What the heck! Are me and Kyungsoo the only people who don't get sign language like...at all?"

Jongin nodded, examining his nails, "Yup, that's sounds about right."

Chanyeol scowled and threw a pillow at the tanned male. Jongdae sighed, "Come on, Cuz, remember all those crazy times at the club."

Sehun raised his head ever so slightly, "That's exactly why I'm so reluctant to say yes."

Jongin stood up from the stool he was resting up, "Sehun, we've all had pretty bad week. " he turned to Kyungsoo who was typing on his laptop, "Except Author Do over there."

Kyungsoo looked up and hummed, "Author Do, I like it."

Jongin rolled his eyes, "We haven't gone drinking in so long! Come on, private booth, just us and a ton of alcohol."

Sehun looked straight up, making eye contact with Luhan, "Whatever you want babe." Luhan bent down and placed a kiss on Sehun's lips, but because Sehun was lying the same way Luhan was facing, they shared an upside down kiss.

"Whatever you want."

Sehun sighed and let Luhan gently massage his head, "Alright. But no clubs or dancing. Just drinking."

Jongdae smiled widely, Luhan was afraid his face would crack in half, "Deal."

Luhan felt like Sehun just made a deal with the devil.

The day went on pretty quietly. Kyungsoo was still reviewing the different companies and Xiumin was helping him, piping in any information he knew about them. Chanyeol was playing video games with Jongdae, not minding that he hasn't been getting a lot of attention from Kyungsoo lately. 
He knew how much this meant to the shorter male.

Jongin was sitting with Luhan, getting help on his assignments. Sehun lay curled up like a child, half on Luhan's lap and half on the couch. After the words thrown at him by his own father, he was a bit unsteady. He refused to be separated from the grey haired male. His separation anxiety was at its peak as he watched the doe eyed male review some reading with Jongin. Sehun supposed he change a lot in the four (was it going onto five?) months he was dating Luhan. He used to refuse showing any weakness or any need of support but here he was, nestled up like a child in Luhan's lap.

He was tired.

Tired of his father, Yixing. Hell, he was still tired from that whole Injeon incident. Never had he been so scared that other person he loved had left him. He remembered the moment when he read the letter. Flashbacks of Mia and her note haunted his mind, making it near impossible for him to sleep that night. He was scared that he would never get Luhan back.

But he did. 
And he wasn't letting go.

The more Sehun thought about it, the more he questioned why he was upset. Being the next in line was never appealing to Sehun. Perhaps he was just upset that Yixing beat him...once again. Sehun was tugged out of his thoughts by a pair of lips gently kissing the space between his eyebrows.

"Stop scrunching your face like that you old man. If you keep doing that, it'll stay like that."

Sehun leaned up, grinning as Luhan kissed his cheeks, "Sorry."

Luhan shook his head gently, "What were you thinking about?" He cupped Sehun's face with his small doll hands, squeezing his cheeks. Sehun tried to bite Luhan's finger playfully, grinning when the smaller male erupted in a fit of giggles, "Nothing much."

Luhan poked Sehun's nose and pulled away, "Well stop thinking so hard, you'll hurt yourself."

Sehun sat up, "Hey!"  Luhan sprung up from his seat and hid behind Jongdae. Sehun picked up two pillows and ran after his little boyfriend. Luhan ducked just as Sehun swung and the black haired male ended up smacking Jongdae in the face.

"YAH."

The lanky male grabbed the pillow and started chasing Sehun. Chanyeol dropped the controlled and leapt into the game, "Don't worry princess Lu! I will protect you!"

"I am not a princess!"

Luhan grabbed the nearest pillow and slammed it into Chanyeol's face.

"I TAKE IT BACK." Chanyeol tried to yank the pillow from Luhan. Kyungsoo looked up at the loud shouts and rolled his eyes as he watched his boyfriend and best friend play. Xiumin also watched, a small smile on his face as Jongdae jumped into another room. Sehun just missed seeing him disappear and looked around confused.

He walked towards the kitchen, only to have Jongdae jump out again, "ANNYEONGHASEYO MOTHER ER" The lanky male yelled as he jumped on Sehun.

Xiumin let out a belly laugh as Sehun screamed in surprise. Jongdae attacked his cousin with a flurry of pillows.  Luhan saw his boyfriend in trouble and went over to help him, only to be caught by Jongin. The tanned male picked Luhan up easily. Luhan smacked him with his tiny fists but they bounced harmlessly off the latter's muscled chest. Jongin set Luhan down and started tickling him. Luhan didn't make an audible sound but he was doubled over with laughter.

Sehun finally got free of Jongdae and flung himself on Jongin, straddling the male. He placed his knees over Jongin's arms, successfully making the male immobile.

"Xiumin!"

Xiumin ran to the kitchen and got a glass of ice water. Jongin noticed what was about to happen and trashed about underneath his best friend, "No! Don't you ing do it!"

Sehun smiled innocently as he pouted the water down Jongin's shirt, making sure the ice cube came in contact with the latter's chest. He sprung up off Jongin and grabbed Luhan, hauling to hide in the bedroom. And as he hid there with Luhan, laughing his heart out, Sehun understood there was nothing to be upset about. As long as Luhan, Jongdae and the rest of his friends were by his side, he was going to be okay. 


 

Jongdae let out a howl as he slammed his glass down on the table, "ANOTHER!"

Kyungsoo groaned and leaned back against Chanyeol, holding a half full glass of wine against his forehead, "Jongdae, for the love of god, shut up."

Jongdae sat up straight, "Waitress! I want one with the cherries and can you make a heart on it?!"

"Jongdae-"

"I want to give it to my Squirrel."

The waitress looked really confused, probably wondering how the hell she got stuck with seven severely drunk boys.

"Jongdae, I'm serious. Just because you can talk doesn't mean you should."

Jongdae gasped scandalously and threw a stray cherry at Kyungsoo, "You're just jealous I have a squirrel and you don't."

Kyungsoo reached up and half heartedly patted Chanyeol's cheek, except he was drunk and missed. He ended up slapping the taller on the nose, "I don't need no Squirrel. I've got my puppy giraffe."

Jongin leaned closer, taking a swing of his drink, "What's a puppy giraffe."

Kyungsoo set his glass down and looked at Jongin with hooded eyes, "It's a puppy. That's reallllllyy tall and biiiiigg." Kyungsoo leaned back and raised his voice, "He's red and really friendly!!"

"Hyung, that's Clifford."

"Cliffart? Who's cliffart? I only know Chanyeol my puppy giraffe."

Sehun rolled his eyes at the conversation happening next to him and turned back to Luhan who was tentatively sipping at a glass of wine.

Sehun frowned and gently took the glass from Luhan, "Don't force yourself babe."

Luhan shook his head, "I've never had wine before. I want to try."

Sehun looked at Luhan suspiciously but handed the glass back to the male.

The place Jongdae brought to them was kind of old fashioned. The seven of them were brought to a private room where there was a table low to the ground, making them sit on the floor. Actually they had cushions but it was close enough. A waitress was assigned to their room and Sehun was starting to feel very bad for her.   Not only does she have to deal with Jongdae, who was bad enough when he was sober, Kyungsoo was also adding to the headache. Which was uncommon.

He was a well put together man. Except when there's eight shots of imported vodka involved. Chanyeol, god bless his soul, was the only one not drinking. He grew up with an alcoholic father so it made him sick to his stomach even thinking about taking the tiniest sip.

Luhan found himself enjoying the taste of wine the more he drank it. Soon, he was on his third glass. He had shed his jacket and was straddling Sehun. But he wasn't doing anything. He was just staring down the male. Sehun liked the attention so he stared back. Jongdae, after a couple hours of drinking, stood up shakily. He grabbed a fork from the table and tried to hit his glass to get the other's attention. Except he hit it too hard and it shattered in his hand.

The waitress hissed as she dove to pick up the hazardous pieces. Jongdae couldn't focus on the little pieces so he left it. The others were now staring at him so he grinned, "At least I got your attention."

"That's not how it works."

"SHUSH. I got your attention. I wanna make an announcement."

The others were still staring at the tipsy male, "I-I'm moving into one of the dorms. I'm starting at the college next semester...which is in a week."

Chanyeol threw his hands up in the arm and let out a cheer. Jongin held up his empty glass, his eyes half open, "Let's drink to that!"

A couple of seconds passed and the rest went back to what they were doing. Jongdae pouted, he was expecting a bigger reaction. But, honestly he couldn't care less.

He missed school. He took a year off to really focus on his music but as much as he loved preforming on the streets and in gigs, he knew he wasn't going to last long. If he started studying music seriously, like composing and music theory. Jongdae knew he would go places. There was another reason why Jongdae decided to go back to school. 
It was due to a black haired, short male named Xiumin.

Jongdae was a man with no boundaries. He flew free, not worrying about grades, clingy partners, or disapproving parents. He never really liked relationships. It was too much commitment. Trusting another person with a piece of your heart, trusting them not to break it? It was all too much for Jongdae.

But ever since he ran into that black haired, squirrel looking male at Injeon's New Year party, all Jongdae could think about was Xiumin. He became closer to Luhan to get closer to Xiumin, and it worked. He spent the nights in their dorm, even when Luhan was with Sehun. Xiumin helped Jongdae when he was stuck on some lyrics or when he was just hungry and wanted a home cooked meal. But no matter what Jongdae did, Xiumin was out of reach.

First of all, he was straight.

Second of all, he just got out of a very nasty breakup.

Third of all, he was straight.

So unless Jongdae woke up one day missing a , he had no chance with the male.
But it didn't mean that he didn't try. 
He flirted with Xiumin, bought him things, took him out on dates (at least Jongdae thought they were dates, Xiumin thought they were just hanging out) and so much more.

Lately Xiumin has been more receptive of Jongdae's antics. When Jongdae hugged Xiumin, he hugged him back. When Jongdae rested his head on Xiumin's shoulder or lap, the older male let Jongdae stay there instead of shoving him off, like how he used to. So that's why, equipped with more alcohol, Jongdae decided to finally tell Xiumin how he feels.

He stood up, clutching onto the glass dearly. He drummed his fingers on the cup, the rings on his digits were clanking against the glass.

Jongdae took a deep breath and turned around "Xiu-"

He stopped.

Xiumin was laughed with the waitress, his hand on his waist as she leaned in to whisper something in his ear. Xiumin smirked and pulled her towards him, closing the distance with his lips.

The wine glass slipped out of Jongdae's hand as the two kissed feverishly.

Jongdae turned quickly, blinking the tears out of his eyes as he grabbed his phone and wallet.  He was feeling a little too sober at the moment.

"I'm leaving." He said to no one in particular. He slammed the door shut behind him and went to the counter. With tears in his eyes, he paid for the room knowing that the rest would be too drunk to and he didn't want to make Chanyeol bear the cost.

"T-taxi!"

Jongdae's voice quivered as he got in the yellow car and told the driver his address. He squeezed his fingers tightly, playing with his rings as he blinked back the tears as much as possible. It hurt. He wasn't going to lie, but he refused to break down in the back of a taxi.

Jongdae scoffed as the image replayed in his mind. Xiumin with that girl, kissing her like there was no tomorrow. At least Jongdae knew that Xiumin had moved on.

It also reminded him that Xiumin was straight. Painfully straight. 

 

 


I'm not dragging the story out am I?