Picture 2: Stone Cold Heart

Polaroid

The tall man leaned against the kitchen counter, a red solo cup in his hand. The bass of the music was incredibly loud, so loud that some of the dishes were rattling. All around him were stupid drunk college students, some were even high. Sehun sipped as his beer, scrunching his face as the bitter taste traveled down his throat. He didn't even know why he was here, he hated parties. But, as the son of the dean of the University, he had a reputation to uphold. That and the fact that Jongin was a party animal.

Sehun snorted as he watched his idiotic best friend trip over a passed out college student. "Dude you're not even drunk and you can't stand straight." Jongin turned to Sehun, his eyes half lidded, "Of course I can't stand straight, I'm gay! I like it up the !"

Sehun's eyes widened as he slowly took the red solo cup away from Jongin, "Okay maybe you are drunk" Jongin whined as he tried to grab the cup back. Sehun rolled his eyes and put it on top of the bookshelf, well away from Jongin's reach.

"We," Sehun sipped the last of his beer and threw the cup behind his back, "Are heading back to the dorms."

Jongin leaned against Sehun, trying to place a kiss on the taller's cheek, "But Sehunnie! We just got here!"

"We've been here for hours and we have class tomorrow."

Jongin scrunched his face at the taller's monotone. "Who cares about classes?! I want to Para-tAY!" Jongin slurred, ing his fist in the hair. His half assed yell gathered attention and caused more drunk people to hoot and shout. Sehun rolled his eyes and grabbed Jongin's wrist, "Come on. We're going to find Chanyeol, say good night and leave."

He stressed the word 'leave' but Jongin was more interested in the Chanyeol part, "Chanyeol?! The hottie who opened the door? Mmm I'm going to say goodbye to you and stay with him!"

"He's in a commited relationship."

"Relationship, Shmelationship, I want some of that."

Sehun snorted, resisting the urge to leave Jongin here, "Don't make me call Kyungsoo."

Jongin's eyes widened comically as he shook his head, "Nope nope nope, I do not want to see that little hobbit who had his in a twist 25/9."

Sehun smiled because if Kyungsoo had been here, Jongin would have been thrown out the window as soon as he finished the word 'hobbit'.

"Alright Mr. Wild and y, time to go." Sehun picked up Jongin easily and swung him over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. Jongin wailed as he weakly pounded his fists against Sehun's back. Sehun ignored the drunk boy and bid farewell to Chanyeol before walking out the door. Jongin did not fail to blow the tall male a kiss before Sehun shut the door behind him.

"Kyungsoo's going to kill you, when he finds out you tried to hit on Chanyeol."

Jongin stayed quiet for a bit before speaking up, "Yea, I didn't think that through."

Sehun snorted, placing Jongin on the ground gently before walking towards his parked car, "You really don't think anything through, even when you're sober."

"I feel like I should be offended by that."

"Just get in the damn car."

Oh Sehun was a twenty year old student at his father's university. It was his second year and he already owned the campus. Everyone knew who he was, but he was very picky with his selection of friends. The only people he casually talked to was his best friend since birth, Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo's boyfriend Chanyeol and Sehun's dorm mate Jongin. Even with them he was a bit closed up. They didn't know much about him, other then the fact that he enjoyed dancing. Kyungsoo was the only one who knew Sehun in and out and he only knew because he grew up with the latter. Jongin and Chanyeol were completely in the dark.

But Sehun supposes having them as friends isn't so bad. They hang out a lot, study together, dance together (well Jongin and him). He was glad that the four of them were friends. Chanyeol was an enthusiastic painter. He majored in art while minoring in computer science. He was loud, crazy and fun, the exact opposite from his smaller boyfriend Kyungsoo.  Sehun usually found the boy either in Kyungsoo's dorm or in his art studio. He's pretty sure the tall male hasn't slept in his own dorm for weeks. He usually crashed at Kyungsoo's after the shorter one found him slumped over his paintings. And without fail, he had paint stains on every article of clothing he owned.

Kyungsoo was this short condensed ball of hatred. Although Chanyeol balanced him out very well. But Kyungsoo could be a sweetheart when he wants to be, like when he cooks Sehun dinner when he's sick or cares for Jongin when he's suffering from a major hangover.

It was only towards strangers was he a bit.....aggressive. Oh and people who call him short. If you call him short, you earned yourself a one way ticket to his kill list.

Jongin wasn't awful either. He was just....special. Sehun enjoyed the tan male's company. Like caramel and milk, they mixed well. They had similar tastes of music, food and movies. They loved dancing with one another and they've grown very close with the time they shared in a dorm.

Now Sehun had a special dorm that he lived in alone thanks to his rich daddy. Jongin got one too (thanks to Sehun) and Sehun was tempted to ask his dad to give Chanyeol and Kyungsoo one as well.

Honestly the only set back in the university was that it was boring.

Beyond boring.

Sehun sighed as he leaned back in his office chair. It was orientation day, so second, third and forth years had the day off. Good thing because his head was pounding. He shouldn't have let Jongin make him drink.

He had lied to Jongin about having classes the previous night and he got a text from the latter ten minutes ago, saying how he was late and was rushing to class.

Sehun peered outside the window as Jongin dashed past his building. Chuckling he sent a quick text to Jongin along with a shaky video of him running.

Seahoon: I lied

Jongdong: you mother er

Seahoon: it was the only way to get you to stop drinking

Jongdong: you mother er

Sehun laughed out loud when he saw his best friend flip him the bird from the front the tall building before storming off. He was about to get up and head to the dance studio when something caught his eye.....more accurately, someone.

The male was...Sehun didn't know to describe it. Ethereal? Exquisite? Angelic?

All of the above.

The pale boy was walking slowly towards the music building, a light baby blue backpack on his back. He was wearing these white skinny jeans, a white shirt and a light pink bomber jacket that billowed behind him as he crossed the campus. Sehun could feel himself salivate as he watched the angel walk by.

Sehun could see the Jongin had stopped as well, his eyes gazed hungrily upon the male.

The male walked out of view and Sehun watched Jongin look up into the sky, because he knew Sehun was watching.

Sehun grabbed his phone and Jongin did the same.

Seahoon: dibs

Jongdong: DiBALSKLD

Jongdong: damMiT

Seahoon: I win

Jongdong: not faiR

Seahoon: I saw him first

Jongdong: ........

Jongdong: can I be friends with him

Seahoon: who ever gets him to say their name first wins him

Jongdong: doNE 




 

Luhan sighed as he stared at the board in front of him. His music theory teacher was incredibly strict.

No talking 
No eating 
No drinking 
No laughing

No breathing. Luhan thought sourly as the bell rang, signaling the students that it was the end of the day. Despite it being a university, all classes happened from 7.30 to 5.00; making it easier for the extracurricular activities to schedule practices and shows.

Everyone had a individualized schedule and it was rare if someone had all the same classes as you. Luhan didn't mind, it wasn't like he was going to try to talk to other people. Luhan stood up, readjusting the white choker on his neck before grabbing his backpack. His roommate, Xiumin said that he was going to meet him outside the music building for some afternoon coffee.

Luhan didn't mind, he loved coffee and he loved spending time with Xiumin. Mostly because he could communicate with him without having to do a wild game of charades. Luhan stared at the empty hall in front of him, gulping. He must have took a wrong turn because he wasn't at the main entrance, but instead a deserted hallway.

Luhan looked around, his large eyes wandering as he continued to walk forward. He froze when he heard footsteps behind him. Being to scared to actually look behind him, Luhan sped up. The footsteps sped up as well. Luhan's eyes started to tear up as he tried to walk faster, approaching the end of the hallway.

"OoF!"

Luhan squeezed his eyes shut when he felt himself slam into a large object. He could feel his body loosing momentum and falling towards the ground. Luhan braced for the pain but it never came.

He peeked one eyes open, gasping softly when he saw a tall male holding him by his waist, keeping him from hitting the ground.

He smiled widely, helping Luhan back up, "Whoa there!" The stranger was tall and had something that looked suspiciously like paint on his right cheek. His ears were sticking out of his messy bright red hair and he had a paintbrush tucked behind his ear.

"You must be new! I know everyone on campus but I don't know you, I'm Chanyeol!"

Luhan pulled away quickly, bowing deeply. He bit his bottom lip, not sure how to respond. Chanyeol seemed to his head ever so slightly, "Can you not understand me? Are you from another country?"

Luhan opened his mouth and shut it. He was starting to panic. He couldn't respond but he couldn't just run away either.

"Chanyeol!"

Luhan flinched when he heard a loud shout from down the hallway, behind them. Chanyeol and Luhan turned around to see a shorter male running towards them, his leather jacket slipping off his shoulders as he sped towards them,

"Kyungie!" Chanyeol exclaimed, the smile on his face widening. He opened his arms and caught the running man in a tight hug. Luhan's eyes flickered away as they shared a quick kiss.

Chanyeol's eyes widened, suddenly remembering that they weren't alone, "Oh Kyungsoo, this is.... hey what's your name again?" 
The new male, Kyungsoo's gaze turned to Luhan, his large eyes narrowing a bit at the pale man. Luhan wanted to shrink into a tight little ball and hide away from everyone. He was about to run when he heard a familiar shout behind him.

"Luhan!"

Luhan let out an audible sigh of relief as Xiumin joined his side, "There you are! I've been looking everywhere for you!"

Luhan's eyes widened at the sudden shift of languages. Luhan knew Chinese as well as Korean. He was just surprised when Xiumin spoke to him in a perfect Chinese dialect. Luhan grabbed Xiumin's arm, causing the older male to step in front of him, "Sorry, Luhan just moved from China and he doesn't know much Korean."

Chanyeol smiled widely as he shook his head, "No problem. It was nice meeting you Luhan."

Luhan shot him a quick smile before going back to hide being Xiumin once again.

Xiumin laughed softly as he turned around, leading Luhan out the building, "What happened to you?!"

"I took a wrong turn and slammed into Chanyeol. How did you know I could understand Chinese?"

Xiumin's eyes widened, "I didn't! Lucky guess."

Luhan nodded. Lucky guess indeed. He turned to see Chanyeol and Kyungsoo coming out of the building behind them. Kyungsoo his thumb and wiped the paint off of Chanyeol's face. Considering the sheepish look on the taller male's face, Kyungsoo was probably lecturing Chanyeol about having paint on his face.Luhan quickly pulled out his Polaroid camera and snapped a picture of the two. Xiumin shot him a look as Luhan shoved the camera back in his bag after taking the picture into his hand.

"Why did you do that?"

I like taking pictures of things that happened to me. It helps me remember. And you know that saying, a picture is equal to a thousand words.

"Is that why you asked to take a picture our first day?"

Luhan nodded and blew gently on the picture, helping it develop a bit faster. Xiumin just smiled and continued walking.