The Kims

Seven Days

youre right. Im sorry please dont pity me. I just thought it might help if you really knowSunggyu took long exhale and stood with square shoulders as he composed himself by adjusting his tie.

Thank you. Honestly I dont know how to react nor what to tell you or what to do. Ive never had something like this happen to me.Sungjong sighed. After what he heard it seems like everything is finally in place and it was all in chaos.

 

The door opened and the doctor came in with a confused look in his eyes, wheres Myungsoo?

 

Myungsoo? Why?Sunggyu asked with a cold chill running down his spine.

 

He came to my office downstairs, he started talking about his treatment and about Mr. Lee he looked flushed so I told him you guys are here.

 

When was that?Sunggyu asked looking worried.

 

I told him to go up here quite some time ago. I had to take to my assistant to close up clinic so he went the stairs alone.

 

If Myungsoo went here he wouldve heard about our conversationthenSungjong laid the situation in bare. He and Sunggyu looked at each other.

S***,Sunggyu mumbled a curse as he call up his body guards. A minute later two large men in suits came into the door.

 

 

Have you seen Myungsoo enter or leave the clinic?!!

 

Nono sir we havent

 

he mustve used the back doorthe doctor said.

 

is someone guarding the back door?!

 

uhm.. no sir but one of us is checking the whole place.

 

I paid you to do your g**** job and you cant even guard a door!! Look for him now!Sunggyu voice was raised.

 

Sungjong reached for his bag and rummaged for his phone.

 

oh my godSungjong felt his hands shaking as he looked at the calls he failed to answer. He immediately tried to call the number back.

 

Its not getting throughSungjong said as he tried again. After a numerous failed attempt of contacting Myungsoo he frantically messaged him.

 

Myungsoo-ah, where are you?

Answer my calls please.

 

I’m sorry. I wasn’t feeling a bit well and your brother helped me.

Talk to me please.

 

Myungsoo-ah I read your messages please. We have to talk.

 

Myungsoo, where are you?

 

 

Its not use we dont know where he is.Sunggyu slumped on a nearby chair more than an hour and half later. His men have thoroughly searched the school, the dormitory, and practically every where were Myungsoo might have gone too. For the last hour Sunggyu had scoured his phone calling everyone who knew his brother.

 

He has to be somewhere. What are the places he might have gone too?Sungjong asked.

 

its impossible, our mom was buried back in her island hometown and if ever hes going there I will immediately be notified. I know all of his friends if he goes there I will know. Lets just calm down for a moment and think.Sunggyu said but it appears that he himself in more likely panicking than everyone else.

 

How about your dad?

 

No, he wouldnt. thats the last place he would want to go unless…” Myungsoos brother paused as he looked at Sungjong, theres no time. Sungjong the doctor will stay here with you. Ill contact you if something if we find him.”  

 

I want to go, if you two get into a fight who knows what will happenSungjong protested.

 

I know, but right now we have to resolve this conflict. Im actually getting tired of my little brothers tantrum.Sunggyu sadly smiled, and more than anything else Myungsoo hates to be seen at his weakest especially if its you. So stay here.

 

at home. I can wait for him there.Sungjong pleaded.

 

Sunggyu took one long look at the doctor as if asking for a decision.

 

he can go home but he had to rest. Ill have his medicine ready and he can call anytime if he wants us.the doctor smiled with a meaningful look towards his patient.

 

Fine. Ill have one of my men drive you home and stay with you.

 

No I will be fine. I just have to rest, if Myungsoo comes back Ill call you.

 

Myungsoo, where are you?

Sent.

 

Im going back to the flat and I will wait for you.

 

Please answer me.

 

Myungsoo please answer me.Sungjong repeated the words inside his head out loud. He hasnt even wrapped his head about the entire things and now Myungsoo had gone missing.   

 

your car is here. If anything happen you can call me.the doctor calms his patient and helps him out.

 

 

The night sky had been covered with dark looming dark grey clouds as if an ominous event is bound to happen.

Sungjongs body was feverish but he feels his whole body was wrapped in snow. They quietly arrived at the flat and he came into an empty house. He took some medicine and tucked himself on the couch holding unto his phone.

 

Myungsoo, I want to see you.

Sent. 

 Unbeknownst to the younger boy the word he mumbled to himself had typed itself into his phone and just as he fell asleep his finger gently fell into the send button.

 

Sunggyu sighed one last moment as he dialed a familiar number. A few moments and the call went through.

Myungsoos older brother took a deep sigh.

 

Good evening, Father. Is Myungsoo there? He found out. Were searching for him now

 

A picture perfect family, a doting mother, loving father and a son whose going grow up and be great. As a kid Sunggyu had heard those words over and over again when their relatives would come to visit. Even his teachers and their neighbors thought so and for that he was proud. Sunggyu knew how lucky he was. But then it went crashing down the day his body began giving up on him.

 

He stayed in the hospital, his body was aching all over but if he cried out loud his mom would end up crying. His dad would stay by his side holding Sunggyus hand saying it will be alright. Yet Sunggyu knew by the looks of the adults around him that theyre worried.  

 

Then as if god had answered their prayers Sunggyu was sent to his first major transplant at the age of three.

A year later Sunggyu saw his little brother for the first time. Myungsoo had his eyes closed but when his big brother tried to touch the latter held unto his brothers fingers.

The former remembered a sudden surge of happiness when his little brother tightly held his finger.

He looked so small and delicate I keep wondering when hes going to open up his eyes. Sunggyu stared at his hand. That was the first time that he truly felt he need to live, he wanted to play with his little brother. He dont want to be the sickly big brother. I want him to see me as superman.

 

but instead of being his hero, I end up being the source of all his worst nightmareshe said with a bitter laugh to himself.

 

After he was hospitalized and went home it was like he walked into an empty bare house. His little brother cant even approach him. His dad would smile at his sons but Sunggyu knew the debts are piling.

 

He began to snoop around in their moms study and discovered separate bank accounts to his name and his mother. If they needed the money to pay off the hospital debts Sunggyu couldnt understand the amount of money written in the bank books. Digging in deep he found his medical records among the pile. As he read his records there was that sinking feeling that at that moment on he knew the family he had is already gone.

 

However the thing that made Sunggyus blood run cold is the blue folder hidden underneath a small compartment in the drawer. That was the last piece of puzzle that he needed to finally understand whats going.

The reason why Myungsoo could never eat sweets.

The reason why his younger brother could not play like any other kids and the cold treatment their mom had always given to Myungsoo. All the reasons why they cant play like brothers is because from the start his little brother isnt meant to live.

 

Sunggyu closed his eyes as he gently massage himself between his brows. Remembering the pile of paper pertaining to his organ transplant.

The last piece of paper was the last draw. Sunggyus hand were trembling as he stuffed it in his pockets and immediately went to find his younger brother.

 

He passed by the stairs and heard their parents arguing.

 

are you telling me to kill our own child?! What do you think his brother would feel! I wont sign anything even if thats the last thing I do!

 

this is the reason why he was born! If you dont sign I will loose Sunggyu!

 

we have two kids! All this time you never came to love Myungsoo! My god Jenie! Hes a human being and didnt you see how his Sunggyu loved his little brother!?

 

sign it.

 

No.

 

Sign it! Sign it!from up the stairs Sunggyu could hear something crash.

 

Sign it or Ill leave you and bring that kid with me. Once I divorced you I will have full custody and you dont have to sign. I will carry all the burden.

 

Are you out of your mind! Im not letting you take away our kids!

 

No! Were leaving and theres nothing you can do about it!

 

Sunggyu ran towards his brothers room but careful not to raise panic on his younger brother.

 

Never come out of the room, if you do mother will diehe said to his young eight -year old brother. look at the window and wait till the sun had risen. If you heard someone calling your name, if you hear her call you never answer. Do you understand 

 

At some point he knew his brother would be traumatized but Sunggyu couldnt think of anything else but to keep his brother safe from the last person he thought would and could never hurt them. 

Soon after she came into Sunggyus room. Ushered him into his coat and they head out. He didnt ask about his brother he didnt say anything but Sunggyu felt sick as his mom gently held his hand.

 

 

.............................................................................................IDEVIANT................................................................................................

Such such a long time had passed and finally! 

sorry guys holidays and stuff school and work piled up one after the other you know 

and actually I really have to crunch my head on what to do with the characters 

questions of like 

 

will this character die or not? 

like can they even end up together? 

how? When 

hahaha I'm just as much as in the dark as you guys xD

but anyways i hope you like this chapter and the next.