Two truths and What Really Happened

Seven Days

The modeling department is a long walk in the opposite direction of the architecture department but Sungjong found himself walking as if in a trance.

What was the paper for?

Why was something like that exists?

What is going on?

It was already late afternoon but Sungyeol was still lying in bed when his doorbell rang. His brows knitted in curiosity. No one knows where he lives except people who knew his front door code. He slowly got up and went to opened the door.

“ can we talk?” Sungjong’s voice was adamant but tranquil.

“ He’s not here” Sungyeol scoffed but nonetheless left the door opened so his unexpected guest could come in.

“ I know but I’m not looking for Myungsoo. I came to talk to you what happened last night and this”

The older boy turned around and froze. Sungyeol immediately grab the paper from Sungjong, “ where did you get this?”

"I picked it up thinking it was trash back in the hospital” Sungjong explained, “ last night Myungsoo came home, drunk. It’s been awhile since he did something like that. He accidentally told me what you told him. Those words, did you said them on anger or did it meant something else?”

“ it’s none of your business!” Sungjong could tell that Sungyeol was agitated and nervous.

‘ if you’re not going to tell me anything. I’ll be asking someone else.”

“ and who will it be? Myungsoo? Ha. Good luck” Sungyeol mocked.

“ does Sunggyu knows?” Sungjong was stoic but the former’s expression froze.

“ listen here, if you ever say something to Sunggyu you’re going to regret it. I tell you don’t you dare. I don’t know who the hell do you think you are but you’re just a nobody” Sungyeol said tearing the paper in shreds

“ you mean keep it? Just like you did with your feelings all these years? Tell me how does that feel? Did it solve anything?”

Sungyeol could a pang of pain run through his chest it left him speechless.

“ You have nothing to do with this. If you don’t want to get in trouble you won’t tell anyone about this” .the taller guy said grabbing the other by the shirt.

“ Even if you tore the paper I already have a photo of it.” Sungjong answered without backing out.

“ what do you get in all of this? How much does it take for you to shut up?! Why would you do so much for someone who wasn’t even born to live!” Sungyeol knew he messed up with his last words.

“ what do you mean he wasn’t born to live?” Sungjong asked slowly, “ Sungyeol,please help me do this. If no one tells me anything the three of you will remain stuck in the same place forever.”

The older guy was forcing to keep his tears but he’s legs gave in and he fell on his knees.

“ Sunggyu is dying” Sungyeol was now in tears, “ and Myungsoo is the only who can save him.”

It’s already dark when Sungjong left. He walked on the side street but he did not get far when he felt all his energy left his body and he sat on the side of the road. After Sungyeol told him everything the younger boy felt himself had shrunk in the enormity of situation.

With his last ounce of strength Sungjong answered the number that has been calling him for hours.

“ Sungjong-ah, where are you? Please tell me where you are. Don’t do this to me”

“ Myungsoo… I’m sorry”

On the other side of the line Myungsoo felt something inside him broke.“no, no Sungjong-ah. I’m the one who’s sorry. I dragged you into my problem, please tell me where you are. Please”

“ Myungsoo, I don’t know how to make you happy” Sungjong’s voice seems to fade in the loud sound of blaring fireworks in a nearby riverbank.

The younger boy could feel himself slipping into unconsciousness as he sat there on the side street. his temperature is up and he thought he was hallucinating when he saw Myungsoo running towards him calling his name.

Hey mom, I thought I could fix everything I put my mind into. I lost the chance to find you and I don’t think I could even help the one I love. Mom I’m sorry but please help me, I want Myungsoo to be happy. I want him to heal mom but…

is he going to be fine?” A voice Sungjong heard belonged to someone else when he woke up in a room of what seems to be a clinic. An IV drip attach to his left arm and Sunggyu was standing by the window talking to the doctor.

“ he’s going to be fine, he’s having a fever but he should be fine after a long rest. Make sure he eats something when he wakes up.” the doctor said before leaving.

“ care to tell me what happened?” Sunggyu’s voice turned dead cold as the door closed. Sungjong tried to look for the person he was talking to.

“I didn’t do anything, he… he came into my house asking about you and your brother.” Sungyeol appeared from behind the curtain looking a bit frantic.

“ the hospital called me, I told you to stop meddling in things you’re not part of” Sunggyu’s voice was firm.

“ but Sunggyu you’ve been waiting for three years for a perfect match what if it’s not going to happen?”

“ What did I tell you about it?” Myungsoo’s older brother hissed, “ I told you not to do stupid things that would risk everything! What did you do with the result paper?”

There was silence as Sungyeol felt a cold chill froze his body.

On the other hand Sungjong didn’t know what to do so he remained lying on the bed.

“ where is it?” Sunggyu’s voice was getting angrier by the minute.

“ I ripped it apart…” Sungyeol answered, “ buts someone saw the paper.”

“What? Who?” now Sungjong could really tell that Sunggyu is angry.

“ I didn’t mean it, I lost the paper when I was in the hospital and he accidentally picked it up. Sunggyu please I’m sorry” Sungyeol was pleading.

“ I don’t want to see you in my office in the remaining days. Wait until I call you. Leave” Sunggyu’s voice was cold as ice.

“but Sunggyu!” Sungyeol started to protest.

“ keep your voice down, if Sungjong wakes up..”

“ Why are you taking care of him?! You’re situation is more important! The reason why Myungsoo was born is to make you live! Your mom…” Sungyeol retorted.

Suddenly Sungjong heard a sound of someone getting slapped.

“ I told you to leave”

“ if Myungsoo knows” Sungyeol mumbled and Sunggyu was about to hit him again when Sungjong decided it was enough.

“Sunggyu, stop.” the younger boy weakly said as he tried to get up from the bed.

“Kiddo, you’re awake. You need to rest” Myungsoo’s older brother smiled and hastily walked on the younger boy’s side, “ are you feeling hungry? What do you want to eat?”

“ I’m fine. Don’t be angry with Sungyeol I was the one who forced him to tell me”

Kim Sunggyu looked at his brother’s boyfriend and finally sighed, “ I’m sorry. Forget everything he said he doesn’t know anything. Are you hungry the doctor said you should eat and rest”

“ I’m fine. I already ate, where are we?” Sungjong asked.

“ I brought you to my friend’s clinic since it’s just nearby. You we’re burning up when I saw you. What are you doing sitting by the roadside?

“ I was talking to Myung…” Sungjong’s eye widen in panic as he searched for his phone, “ what time is it? I need to go home” oh my god it’s so late already.

 You can’t. You have to rest here, I’ll take you home in the morning.” Sunggyu said.

“ I don’t know what he’ll do if he’s by himself.”

“ I had some of my men looking out for him, he’ll be fine. This is my fault for putting such a heavy burden in you. I shouldn’t have involve you in this” the older guy apologized, “ at least let me help you just for tonight”

“ Sungyeol was just trying to help. I was the one who was putting my nose where it doesn’t belong” Sungjong explained as he took a glance and was surprised to see a shock expression.

“ you two knew each other?”

 

 

.................................................................................................................IDeviant...........................................................................

this chapter took a lot of puff and huff but I'm glad to be finally writing this part... and the next