When it Rains

Seven Days

“Did you sleep well in your new place last night?” Woohyun asked when Sungjong sat beside him. He exchanged nods with Myungsoo who was at the door just a minute ago.

            “Not much” Sungjong rubbing his face with his hands.

            “Well, you definitely look like it. What time’s your meeting with the dean?”

            “Dean? What happened?” Sungjae overheard his hyungs and asked, walking close behind him was Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

            For a second Woohyun glanced at Sungjong as if asking his permission, to which the younger boy nodded to say yes.

 

“It’s no use hiding it from them anyways” Sungjong added.

“No way! Last night?” Chanyeol asked shock just like the two.

“Did you know who it did it?” the youngest among the group, Sungjae, followed in question.

“As of the moment we have completely no idea” Sungjong said.

“Do you know any motive why they would trashed Sungjong’s place?” It was Baekhyun.

“Well, it probably has got to do with Sungjong’s relationship with Myungsoo but we have no definite clue yet. One thing was clear was its just Sungjong’s things that were touched last night.”

“That’s very dangerous since we have no idea who the culprit is” Woohyun said, “That’s why we have to be vigilant guys, who knows what will happen. Don’t let this guy get off your sight as much as possible”

“Yes sir” Chanyeol and Sungjae said in chorused while Baekhyun just nodded.

“Well that’s what the husband said to me” Woohyun said intending to lighten up the mood around them.

“Hyung! Seems like you didn’t eat breakfast yet” Sungjong said with a smile, “Want me to give you a knuckle sandwich?”

“Don’t worry hyung! We’ll stay and protect you! Right Chanyeol-hyung?” Sungjae said.

“You guys don’t need to worry, I’ll be fine.” It’s been awhile but I have a feeling that someone’s watching us. Sungjong turns to look around.

“What is it?” Woohyun turns around to see Sungjong looking in a certain direction.

“That girl.” Sungjong said. I never saw her before, she was also at the gate staring at us this morning. I didn’t know we’re in the same class.

“You know her?” his friends asked looking in the same direction.

“Ah, no not really I just remembered something” it’s wrong to just accuse people falsely. And besides if the culprit is a girl I’m sure I can handle it.

“Well I got most of the time free so I can help look out for hyung, just call me anytime” Sungjae volunteered.

“The same with us” Baekhyun said, “if you feel something’s off just tell us.”

 “You guys, if I were a girl I would appreciate it. But I’m a guy too so no need to panic”

“We’re friends that’s why we’re doing it. And just so you know, if you’re really a girl I wouldn’t even allow you to live together with your lover” Woohyun lectured.

“Live together?”

“Wait you and Myungsoo are living under one roof?” Chanyeol’s voice almost boomed all throughout the classroom if it wasn’t for Baekhyun elbowing him on the rib.

“Keep you da** voice low!” Baekhyun reprimanded his clumsy roommate.

“Sorry” Chanyeol said with a pained expression.

“Wow! So like you two have your own house or something?” there were sparkle in Sungjae’s eyes asking his hyung.

“Ye…Yeah, sort of. His friend owned the house but was working overseas so he let us watch over the place”

“Whoa, lucky”

“Oh by the way I forgot. I got your books delivered at the dorm but today I have an important appointment today. I’ll try and bring them here during lunch”

“That’s a lot to carry alone hyung, we’ll just drop by to get it”

“But you still have work, right?”

“I’ll help with his books” Sungjae volunteered raising a hand.

            “See, Sungjae got this.” Woohyun said patting the young man’s head.

            “It’ll just cost a dinner hyung” Sungjae grinned to Woohyun.

            “Why you, Yah! I’m your hyung don’t go around tricking people to treat you to dinner! It’s only Monday!” Woohyun said seizing the younger boy the neck pretending to choke him.

            “Haha, you two stop. I’ll treat you to dinner” Sungjong told Sungjae to break off the play,

“Oh shoot prof’s here” Chanyeol scrambled to his seat seeing the teacher walking in while Baekhyun and Sungjae sneak out for their class on the opposite building.

            Sungjong looks around for the girl but she’s nowhere to be found. I don’t think she’s my classmate but then maybe it’s just a coincidence. If I only knew her name then it would be easier for me.

            “Hey guys! Good day to start for your exams right?” the teacher greeted his student but they only responded with grunts and complains.

            “Last time your projects were evaluated only by the school but this year it’s different. Your finals will be announced earlier than usual. This will be an individual project and a theme will be given. The three best designs chosen will be then sent to a panel of judges and one will be chosen to compete with the annual International House of Architecture design competition that will be held in London”

            There were oohs and aahs heard in the classroom and the teacher went to continue, “So you better bring you’re “A” game if you want to go to, and besides if your work is chosen you might receive a full grant scholarship”

            “So for this year’s theme…”

            When the Sungjong woke up class was already finished and the students are getting out of the room. Woohyun asked Sungjong if he’s going directly to the meeting but said he had to go back to his locker to get some notes. He firmly declines Woohyun’s offer to go with him and pushed his hyung away in the opposite direction.

When he opened his locker there’s a black envelope in it. Sungjong immediately looked around to see if someone was spying on him, seeing no one he stuffed the black envelope into his pockets and hastily leaves the place.

            On his way to the meeting, he accidentally bumped into the same girl from the cafeteria and this morning.

            “Sorry miss” Sungjong apologized picking up the books he knocked off her.

            “I’m sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going” the girl smiled and took her books then left.

            What’s a fashion student doing in the architectural building? Sungjong wondered judging from the books the girl was carrying. Isn’t the main library much nearer than this place?

            Sungjong brushed off the odd feeling as he went into the dean’s office, Myungsoo was already there but they have to wait for the dean for a couple of minutes.

             “At this point we’re still not able to draw out anything. The security camera’s came in blank, they were turned off two hours prior to the accident. We asked students who were staying at the dorm during that time but no one heard anything.” The dean explained during the meeting. “However just in case we’ve already notified the police and they will send someone over to investigate.

            “So what do we do know?” Sungjong asked.

            “Mr Lee, we highly suggest that you keep out of the dormitory for now. Your dorm supervisor has already informed me that you two already have a place to stay. Please be vigilant and as much as possible keep your address a secret. The school has taken the responsibility to this case. We don’t want our students to be in any grave danger as much as possible.”

            “Is there any way we could help speed up the investigation?” Myungsoo asked.

            “If you have any idea of any person who might be holding a grudge or someone who might be responsible please do inform us, in the meantime please be on a lookout for both of your safety. In the meantime I’ll keep in touch for any update on the case.”

            “Thank you sir, we appreciate the effort you’re doing” Myungsoo said standing up to shake hands with the dean, Sungjong followed suit and they left shortly afterwards.

            After the meeting the two had lunch together with their friends, nothing was out of place except that Woohyun and the others keep glancing around like bodyguards. Sungjong could only shook his head wishing school would be over soon so he could work and have some peace for himself.

            “Why are you still here?” Sungjong asked his “boyfriend” when Myungsoo was still in the store after accompanying him to work. 

            “Hey, I’m a customer here” Myungsoo said winking, he was talking to Dongwoo just moments ago.

            “So?” Sungjong asked raising a brow at his “boyfriend”, “What did you buy?”

            “I was thinking, maybe some ice cream. We could have movie night later huh? What do you think vanilla or fudge?” Myungsoo was smiling as he raised both eyebrows at the same time.

            “Uh, well we have a new flavour that just came in and I wanted to try it” Sungjong said.

            “Then we’ll have that and maybe we’ll have take-out tonight?” Myungsoo added. “Though personally I still like your cooking.”

            “Hmmm, maybe I could just cook something quick”         

            Dongwoo from the sides cleared his throat, “No flirting during work times, okay?”

            “I’m sorry hyung, we didn’t mean to…” Sungjong bowed to his senior getting embarrassed. “He’s just leaving”

            “I’ll be back for you later, wait for me okay?” Myungsoo waved goodbye and walked out of the store.

            “Okay” Sungjong caught himself waving back to Myungsoo it baffled him. But his actions did not go unnoticed to Dongwoo.

            “How’s everything so far?”

            “Everything?” Sungjong asked their store manager.

            “About you and your boyfriend” Dongwoo pointed out.

            “Uhm, can I ask you something hyung?”

            “Sure, go ahead.”

            “Do we really look like a couple to you?” Sungjong faced his hyung with a serious expression on his eyes.

            “Haha, what are you asking? I was even convinced that you two were going out the first time I saw the both of you” Dongwoo said.

            “Oh, I see. We’re doing fine hyung, nothing has changed” Sungjong said with a convinced smile.

            “In relationships like us there are a lot that are at risks, insecurities, doubts and sometimes it hard to believe in things. But in my opinion, if you want something or someone just reach out and grab it before it might be gone forever” Dongwoo smiled as if talking to himself more than his junior, “ not everyone gets to have a second chance in love.”

          “Thanks hyung, it’s just that… nah I’m all good” Sungjong smiled. “I better go back to work.”

            Dongwoo watched his junior assumed his position behind the cash register. Before Sungjong came, he and Myungsoo were talking about some things and an accident that happened in their dorm. The senior promised to check Sungjong from time to time to see if something unusual happens.

             The night passed by without a hitch but outside the rain has been going on for the last half an hour. Ten minutes before his shift ends, Sungjae sent an email that he’s stuck in the dorm because of the rain and he has the books.

            I’ll come over to take them after my shift ends here so stay there.

                                                                                                           

          Okay, I’ll be waiting hyung.

 

            Sungjong sent another email, this time to Myungsoo.

            I have to go get my books today, it’s raining don’t come.

 

 

 

.......................................................................IDeviant.......................................................................