Personal Priorities

Seven Days

Myungsoo was wearing a blue denim apron and setting up the table when Sungjong came down from the stairs.

 

“Good morning” the former greeted with a smile, “ dinner?”

 

 

The younger boy did not say anything but made a nod but Myungsoo continued their conversation.

“I was thinking, since our date got canceled last night we should go out and eat tomorrow.” Myungsoo said in a cheery voice as they started to eat.

 

“it’s okay, I’ll be busy with my project I don’t think I’ll have the time.”

 

“ but I owe you one, come on.”

 

“No, it’s okay” Sungjong’s answers had been thrift, not once did he try to meet Myungsoo by the eyes while talking.

 

“ How about I help you with your project?” the film art student offered.

 

“won’t you be busy with your project too?” Sungjong replied.

 

“ Ah yeah I forgot to tell you, I actually finished mine the other day. I wanted to celebrate and have dinner with you but last night happened.” The older boy was lucky enough that his part time job also serve as his project, it’s like killing two birds with one stone.

 

“oh, is he alright?” Sungjong asked trying to smile.

 

“Sungyeol? He got drunk and almost started an all out war at the pub though I got there just in the nick of time. I brought him home but he only made a mess of the place I had carry him to his bedroom. It’s been awhile since I saw him drink like that” Myungsoo’s tone of voice changed as he spoke of the last words.

 

“Sungyeol was older than you, isn’t he?” Sungjong asked thinking of something.

 

“  Yeah, maybe by a year or two, why?”

 

“ you don’t call him hyung?”

 

“ No, I don’t. He wanted for me to do that once but I felt as if I was putting a line between us so I didn’t” Myungsoo explained.

 

“oh, I see” Sungjong nodded.

 

“ Hey, are you feeling okay? You’re not sick or anything are you?” Myungsoo puts his hands on Sungjong’s forehead the latter was caught off guard.

 

“I…I’m fine.”

“ Ah, wait here I almost forgot.” Myungsoo;s face lit up as he disappeared from the room and return with something on his hands.

 

“Ta-dah!” The older was smiling up to his ears giving out a bouquet of flowers but to his surprise Sungjong was impassive and made no attempt to accept the gift.

 

“ What’s that?” the younger boy asked.

 

“ flowers… I bought them for you. You don’t  like it?” Myungsoo smiled but it’s like he’s talking to a wall.

 

“ Why would you bother?” the young boy replied with a weak smile, his hand still unmoving to receive the bouquet.

 

“ I mean, I think I should. I thought it’s only natural since...” Myungsoo said his tone of voice changed as he put down the flowers on the table.

 

“ You don’t have to act like one if it’s just the two of us. You don’t have to do unnecessary things”

 

The older boy was silent for a moment then nods several times, “yeah-yeah you’re right, I’m sorry.”

 

“ Or maybe you bought the flowers for someone else.” Sungjong managed a teasing smile. It’s definitely possible that the older boy had bought the flowers but got rejected when he tried to give them.

 

“ Huh? Ah yeah you’re right. I thought since Sungyeol like flowers you might like them too.” Myungsoo made a nervous laugh but then he became silent taking in a deep sigh, “ I’m sorry.I bought them not thinking you don’t like flowers. It’s just that it’s my way of saying sorry of what happened last night. Da**I knew it I should’ve added chocolates but I didn’t.”

 

“ And what makes you think chocolate makes everything better? And Why didn’t you bring any?” Sungjong asked, he can’t help but get amused and his anger slowly subsiding but still denies it.

 

“ ‘cause I thought you’re way sweeter than any chocolates I’ve ever known. It’ll be a complete shame to the chocolates” A small sheepish smile played on Myungsoo’s lips as he stared at Sungjong.

 

The latter made a small calm “o” with his lips but his heart took a direct hit and he can’t hide his  flushed cheeks and his ears blushing even his neck turned red.

 

“ I’m sorry, I’ll just throw them out if you don’t like them.”

 

  “ I…I didn’t say I don’t like them. It’s just… Sheesh, come on give it here already.” Sungjong laid out his hand without looking at Myungsoo. The older boy complied and hands him the bouquet.

“ am I forgiven?”

“ Apology accepted and from now on you’ll be my slave until my project’s over.” the young boy took the flowers and stuff his face in it to hide his blushing face.  

 

I’m all yours.” the older boy spread his arms wide open as if expecting a hug.

Da** it Myungsoo! Why are do you keep ruining my plans to get over you!! I’ve set my mind to help you as a friend and even made a whole drama of it awhile ago and now you’re doing this!!?? the younger boy was screaming inside his head but the thumping of his heart seemed to be louder. Augh. I’m gross, how can I be so happy just by some flowers?

 

 “ I wasn’t able to reply this morning. My phone ran out of battery and forgot about it. I didn’t get to read your messages until I got here.” The older boy was now all smiles as if Sungjong accepting the flowers made the strained atmosphere among them fade away.

 

“It’s okay” Sungjong said “Anyways, I have doughnuts in exchange for your flowers. Fair and square” for the first time the younger boy made eye contact and widened his smile..

 

“ It’s quite hard to buy these, where did you get them?” Myungsoo asked surprised.

 

“ I was doing some research on my project and accidentally found the shop”

 

“ let’s eat them later. Should we watch a movie with it?” the older boy looked  excited, “ when I was a kid I used to asked my mom to buy them for me every time after school.”

 

“You’re mom?” Sungjong asked.

 

“ Yeah, she…” Myungsoo paused and looked confused for a moment, “… yeah my mom, she would wait by the school gate of my school after class. she would … I mean I’m pretty sure it’s her”

 

“ Hey are you… are you okay?”

 

“ Yeah, I’m sorry I just felt dizzy. Must be because I didn’t get much sleep,” Myungsoo looked pale a cold sweat run on the side of his forehead, “ I’m gonna go the restroom. Excuse me”

 

The younger was left on the table wondering on his own. He stared at the box of doughnuts and remembered the paper Sunggyu gave him.

 

This doesn’t add up. There’s still something else that I didn’t know.Sungjong close his eyes to help clear his mind but lets out a deep sigh realizing it barely worked as he began to piece up another puzzle that appeared before him.  

 

By the time Myungsoo came back to the table the dishes have been cleaned and instead of coffee there’s a cup of tea on the table. Sungjong was sitting on the living room watching the rain outside.

 

The older boy did not move, he stood by the kitchen watching his partner calmly sitting unaware of his presence.

 

................................................................................................................IDeviant...........................................................................................................................

making the rough draft for the ending was more tedious than I thought, I end up staring on the wall for days on ends not believing the development of the story haha 

I'll be updating two chapters today or this week ( hopefully today! please look forward to it) 

*bows 90D