Setting Things Right Part1

Seven Days

Sungjong painfully adjust his vision as he woke up staring at the empty ceiling. Without looking in a mirror he knew his eyes were red and puffing from crying last night. A warm weight stirred on the his side as he and Myungsoo lay on the floor. the younger boy slowly got up feeling a sudden pain on his back.

 

The young architect students sat on the floor to compose himself but when his eye fell on the  clock by the bedside table a bolt of adrenaline surged into Sungjong’s body as he grab his phone and headed to the bathroom.

 Woohyun have been incessantly calling and emailing his friend.

 

Hey are you ready for the presentation?

Let’s just meet at the exhibit before it starts.

See yah.

6:00am

I just arrived at the campus

And others are already here!

Anyway the exhibit starts at 8 don’t forget

6:47 am

Hey where are you?

If you’re around just visit my booth.

I’m still doing some finishing touches.

7:02am

 

Sungjong, where are you the exhibit starts in 30mins

Where are you? You should be here already.

7:28am

 

*Missed Call from Woohyun-hyung

*Missed Call from Woohyun-hyung

 

Hey, call me back immediately I answered the roll call for you.

Prof’s here already. Where are you?

7:30 am

*Missed Call from Woohyun-hyung

*Missed Call from Woohyun-hyung

*Missed Call from Woohyun-hyung

*Missed Call from Woohyun-hyung

*Missed Call from Woohyun-hyung

*Missed Call from Woohyun-hyung

*30 Missed Call from Woohyun-hyung

8:30am

Rushing down the stairs after he snatched his coat from the wall, Sungjong was sprinting out of the house and into a cab.

Woohyun was talking with their professor when younger boy came rushing in.

 

“ Sungjong where have you been?! What happened to you? The exhibit just ended a few seconds ago” the older boy said looking sorry for his friend.

 

“ I’m sorry hyung, I’m sorry teacher I overslept” Sungjong made a deep apologetic bow but he can feel his tears swelling up again.

“ Mr. Lee, it’s not an excuse that you overslept. Part of the competition is for students to arrive thirty minutes before the program and you didn’t. I have no choice but to take you off the competition.”

“ Yes sir I’m sorry sir,” Sungjong quickly respond still looking down.

 Their professor looked at his student and pitifully sighed, “ however, upon examining your work  you still were able to pass my class. It’s a pity, I’ve seen how much you worked on your project but I cannot give you the exception. I hope you will learn from your mistakes.”

 

“ Thank you sir” Sungjong apologized, still in bowing position to his teacher.

 

“ well that’s it then, I’ll see you in my class.”

 

“ thank you sir” Woohyun also thanked their teacher and patted Sungjong who was still bowing down.

“ What happened to you?! I told you to sleep early! Why are your eyes puffing? Why do you have a bruise on your face!!!! What happened to your lips?!” the young architect student was bombarded with questions as soon as their teacher left.

 

Sungjong did not answer but managed to take a seat on a nearby chair. When Woohyun came beside him he noticed the younger boy’s shallow breathing and sluggish look.

 

“Sh*** Sungjong! You’re burning up!” the older boy burst upon touching Sungjong’s forehead.

“ had to… help Myungsoo.”

 

Myungsoo sat silently on the hard cold floor. It’s been awhile since he felt the same pain in his head when he woke up but somehow today’s pain is different. He’s always been aware of where his pain is coming from but today when he woke up there’s an aching pain in his chest that he can’t tell what caused it.

He sat there lost, he doesn’t know but he felt like he had done something he will surely regret. He stared at his bare hands and accused it of doing something he never wanted to do.

 

Sungjong, where is he? How did I got home?What day is it today? Did he went to class already Myungsoo thought as his eyes fell on a glass of water and what appears to a familiar medicine lying on top of the bedside table. He smiled as the nostalgia sinks in but then his expression changed in pure horror. Sh***t what the hell did I do?

The art student bolted from his forlorn state, went to the bathroom and washed his face before running out of the house. He jumped into a cab and check his phone for the time. Sh**** Myungsoo silently cursed under his breathe when he spotted a flower shop.

“ wait stop, could you please wait for a minute I just need to buy some flowers it won’t take long!” the driver stopped at his command and he rushed to the stand by the side of the street. a minute later he back inside the car and they were driving to school. The cab driver would sometime look at the big bouquet his passenger is holding.

“ how mad is she?”

“ huh? Yes?” Myungsoo managed to answer between furiously calling Sungjong’s phone one second after the other.

“ the flowers, they’re quite large to be just a gift. You two had a fight?” the driver smiled. Through the years that he’s been driving his cab there has been enough passengers that the driver had to know enough.

“ No… this was” Myungsoo paused and look at the driver, “ do you think this would be enough?”

“ what do you think? Will it be enough?” the driver asked back

The younger boy looked at the flowers and lets out a deep sigh, “ I… I might have done something stupid. All I ever did was show my worst sides everything we’re together. I don’t even know if I had ever shown any of my good sides since we met.”

“ Not many people can do something as stay with another person upon seeing their flaws. If you find one that’ll do don’t let them walk away. What my father used to say” the driver grinned, “ never thought that person would just be beside me I almost end up hurting them, so when I got the chance I immediately proposed!”

 “ so how did it end?”

“ I got punched but she still said yes ha-ha. I was really happy and now that our son is growing up to be as kind as her mom I couldn’t ask for more”

That’s right Sungjong’s straight. The only reason he’s with me is because he agreed to help me. When we visited their house I can tell he was fond of kids. Is he going to marry someone too? But if he does then what about… Myungsoo’s like of thought was interrupted when the driver hands him a small photograph.

“ see, this is my kid. Ho Seok, but he’s been calling himself JHope just because of his best friend. Cute isn’t he?” the driver said beaming with pride. “ soon I’ll also be going back home to help in the family business, it’s just that I keep my job because my kid think it’s cool”

Have I heard that name before? I wonder if Sungjong will also want to have them. Of course he will, when all this charade is over will he leave too?” Myungsoo thoughtlessly asked himself.

 

“ Oh where here” the driver announced their arrival at the school’s main gate.

 

Myungsoo took out his wallet paid the cab.

 

“ good luck! I hope it goes well for you kid!” the driver smiled.

 

“ thank you sir” Myungsoo bowed as the car drove away. He still can’t contact Sungjong’s phone so he decided to contact Woohyun instead.

 

“ Myungsoo! Are you going to Sungjong? We’re on our way to the infirmary too. Let’s go together” it was Chanyeol and Baekhyun who called out to him.

“ infirmary? Why what happened?”

“ huh? You didn’t know?” the towering height of their friend loomed over, “ Woohyun hyung called up to buy some fever medicine and some cooling packs. He said it’s for Sungjong”

Myungsoo didn’t even have to hear Chanyeol’s last words as he ran to the infirmary while their two friends got left behind looking confused.

Upon arriving at the infirmary Woohyun was sitting beside Sungjong who was lying on the bed, asleep.

“ hyung, what happened?! Sungjong-ah…” Myungsoo asked as soon as he bolted in from the door. Woohyun remained silent as he grab Sungjong’s boyfriend by the shirt and pushed him outside the nurse’s room*.

 

Once outside Woohyun let out a punch that hit Myungsoo directly on the face, the younger boy fell on the floor with a thud and a bleeding lip, a situation witnessed by Chanyeol and Baekhyun who was running behind the art student earlier on immediately runs to break the fight.

 

“ Woohyun-hyung, why did punch him?” Baekhyun asked his friend while getting in between the two as chanyeol helped Myungsoo stand up.

 

“ You prick! I told you if you ever hurt Sungjong I’mma f****** kill you! You selfish bastard! You don’t know how much Sungjong was looking to join the contest! He’s been working so hard and he didn’t even get the chance to join! And now he’s sick but he’s still worrying about you!! You F******* bastard!!#@%#^$%&$%&^*!”

 

Myungsoo could feel his hands trembling, his mind went in shock and his body suddenly panics and try to rush to Sungjong’s side but Chanyeol stopped him.

 

“ let me go! I need to see Sungjong! Let me go d*****!  

 

Sungjong woke up hearing a familiar voice outside the room. He still felt dizzy but he can think normally through his head ache. Now that he’s fully awake he can hear voices arguing outside.

 

“ You P******s***! You don’t deserve to even see him! He’s been working so hard to save money to look for his…” Woohyun was hissing in anger when the infirmary door suddenly opened.

 

Sungjong stood there to see that Baekhyun was holding off Woohyun from getting to Myungsoo while Chanyeol was desperately trying to hold the latter person.

 

 “ Woohyun-hyung what are you doing?”

 

All previous commotion went to a screeching halt as the four guys immediately let go of each other as if kids caught by their parents fighting..

 

It was Myungsoo who broke the silence.

 

“uhmm, we’re just… talking. Woohyun-hyung is just telling me I’m late and I shouldn’t disturb while you sleep” the art student explained as he walked to Sungjong, “ how are you feeling? What happened?”

 

Myungsoo tried to touch the younger boy on the cheek but Sungjong gently backs away.

 

“ I’m…I’m fine,just a bit tired.”

 

“Sungjong-ah about the contest.” Myungsoo tried to explain

 

The younger boy looked past his boyfriend, “ hyung I wanted to talk to Myungsoo alone if that’s okay with you”

 

“ Fine, but we will be back after class. You stay here and rest, is that clear?” Woohyun said but still looked hesitant. He took one last meaningful look at Myungsoo and walked away.

 

“ Thank you guys” Sungjong smiled at his friend and watched them walked away. When they left the younger boy walked back to his bed.

 

“ Sungjong-ah, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry” Myungsoo got down on his knees to apologize.

 

The younger boy was unusually calm as he told the latter to get up and take a seat on a nearby chair.

“ Sungjong-ah, I’ll make it up to you. I’ll…I’ll take to the teacher again to give you a chance. I’ll do anything to make it up to you” Myungsoo felt himself panicking a midst that younger boy’s silence. Sungjong has never been this silent before.

 

“ You say you’ll do anything. Will you?” the younger boy said in a calm voice, face void of any expression.   

“ Yes. Anything” Myungsoo said without hesitation. His mind is torn between not wanting to see the lifeless expression of Sungjong’s face and the feeling that he might loose something he doesn’t want to let go.

 

.............................................................................................IDeviant......................................................................................

hi guys sorry for the sudden hiatus a lot has happened this month and I wish I could say it's just simple stuff but it probabaly isn't, but don't worry the story will end soon it's just that it's hard for me to find enough time to update every week. I have work and school and this month we're preparing for my mom's operation. A sudden departure also happened in one of my bestfriend's life as she lost her younger brother to an accident. I do hope she'll stay strong,