Simple Pretend: Simple, Pretend

Seven Days

“Date me”

Myungsoo was ready to protect himself from any possible hostile attacks coming from his friend but surprisingly Sungjong was quiet.

                The younger boy took a deep breath, close his eyes trying to calm his nerves, “Kim Myungsoo… you better have a good acceptable reason right about now for your solution or I’m going to smother you to death”               

                For once in his life Myungsoo truly felt that his life’s in danger. It’s actually scarier that Sungjong’s not beating him up and just sitting there quietly waiting for him to speak. “Uhmm, it’s just everyone’s been thinking it’s you in the photo and if we tell your sisters that we are dating then everything would be in place. But don’t worry we’ll break it off as soon as noise died down and we can still go back to how things were. Just think of it as a part time job and after all of this is over you’ll receive your salary” Myungsoo offered.

                Sungjong said nothing.

                “I know, you’re getting the shorter end of the stick here and I’m probably ruining the chances of you getting a girlfriend but that’s our best solution.  I can understand if you don’t want to go through it” Myungsoo gently smiled, “but I really, really would love if you would say yes”

                “Don’t… don’t try to like a puppy da** it you know I’m weak to those” Sungjong sighed, “I can’t believe I’m doing something like this”

                “You mean? It’s a yes?” Myungsoo’s face lit up.

                “Yeah, yeah but you better pay me handsomely” Sungjong said still not believing he agreed. He could not even explain why he’s not beating up Myungsoo even though the guy truly deserves it. It’s probably because he knew that Myungsoo only wanted to protect the one he love and he’s kinda trying to root for his friend’s happiness.

                “Yes! Whoa I really thought you would beat me up!” Myungsoo was clearly happy but Sungjong did not anticipated that Myungsoo would suddenly pulled him from the bed and hugged him tight. “I’m so happy”

                Sungjong was rendered speechless for the nth time around but this time it’s because of how happy his friend looked like. For a small crack of light right there he thought that getting dragged into all this chaos isn’t so bad, especially if he sees this new side of his roommate.

                 Myungsoo had his hands wrapped around his waist when someone tried to get their attention by the door.

                “Seriously, How many times do I have to tell you to lock the d*** door and pay attention if someone’s knocking?!!” Woohyun said standing by the door with his arms folded, his expression had the “so what reason are you two going to give me now?”

                “Sorry hyung, I’m just happy Sungjong finally said yes” Myungsoo said smiling.

                “Yes to what?” Woohyun asked eyeing the both of them suspiciously.

                Sungjong was too embarrassed to say anything, he finally realized that getting caught in moments like this must be the reason why it’s easy for people to assume that he and Myungsoo are going out.

                “We’re going out with each other” Myungsoo was more than happy to announce the news.

                “Ooh, Sungjong is this true?” Woohyun directed at his friend but he was more like teasing than confirming it. He had his doubts about the photo at first but somehow he always had been thinking that it would be better if these two just come out and say it.

                “Ye… yeah we’re …dating now. Please … Uhmm please support us”

                Sungjong’s reaction was something that even the hardest of the hearts could not stand. He was profusely blushing up to his ears and neck, his voice had the slight nervous quiver that Myungsoo was taken aback at how he thought it was too dam* cute!

                “Pfft….ha…pfft hahaha, hahaha shoot that was so cute you could be arrested! Hahaha” Myungsoo tries to hold back his laughter by covering his mouth but let’s face it, it’s too late to hold in it now.

                “Why are you laughing idiot?! Don’t call me cute! I’m a guy!” Sungjong said getting even redder as he tried to kick Myungsoo.

                “Sorry, it’s just you look so cute just now it could kill! Hahaha!” Myungsoo said laughing and holding his stomach.

                “How about I kill you right here and then huh?!!” Sungjong said pulling back his sleeves.

Yup, this idiot couple actually had the nerve to forget there’s someone else here and go all lovey-dovey on me. Woohyun sighed standing by the doorway slowly accepting that he’s been ignored by these two lovers.

“Ah hyung, why are you here anyway?” Sungjong finally took notice.

“Oh, I thought I’m not here” Woohyun tone was almost sarcastic, “I’m just here to tell you that I already told the store you won’t be working today due to some issues”

Myungsoo and Sungjong was silent that they had forgotten about Sungjong’s part time job.

                “See? What would you do without having such a reliable and accepting hyung like me? You better appreciate me more!” Woohyun said.

                “Hyung! You’re the best!” Sungjong came running with exaggeratingly open arms towards his friend.

                “Yeah, Yeah I know. Stop being too in love every time that you’re forgetting work okay?” Woohyun patted Sungjong’s head. “Big brother Woohyun will always come to help” being a single kid and always wanting to have a little brother, Woohyun was proud and happy that he can act as a big brother to his friend.

                “Thanks hyung, I owe you a lot’ Sungjong was grinning.

                “Well, I’m giving you two my blessings but try not to be too much on it okay?” Woohyun winked at Sungjong and called out to Myungsoo, “Hey you, doesn’t mean I’m good at you two going out doesn’t mean you’re off my radar.”

                “Thanks hyung” Myungsoo said walking up to shake Woohyun’s hand

                “You two go easy okay? Oh by the way I just wanted to tell you that there will be students moving in next room so try not to be too loud at night” Woohyun said in a sing-song voice. He was clearly teasing and yet did not understand the consequences of his words.

                Sungjong’s brows go up, “at night?”

                “You know, too much love can keep you at night?” Woohyun continued to tease.

                “Hyung, run” Myungsoo whispered.

                “Eugh? Why?”

                “Hyu…hyung! You’re the worst!” Sungjong was apple red from embarrassment that his hostile delinquent side kicked in, he grab whatever’s around and starting to go at his target who was already running for his life.

                “Waah! Hyung’s just joking Sungjong-ah! Just joking! Arrghhh! Have mercy!”

                “I’m gonna beat yah to a pulp hyung!! Come back ‘ere!” Sungjong shouted while Myungsoo stood laughing by the door watching as the younger boy went after Woohyun chasing him through the dorm with a wooden club. Later the two were scolded by the seniors and Woohyun for running through the hallways screaming at the top his voice despite being the dorm leader.

                Sungjong gathered his thoughts together walking back alone to the dorm room. Even though what his hyung had done was downright embarrassing, for once he was glad that Woohyun had made yet another uninvited appearance, despite the latter kept misunderstanding everything, Sungjong was able to act normal and for a short period of time he was given the chance not to think and brood over the matter that he and Myungsoo had created.

               

                Being in trouble is something that I’m used to ever since I was a kid but this kind of trouble is something that I don’t know how to handle. Who on earth would ‘ave thought that I would date a guy just to help him out of his problems!? This is insane! Why am I doing this! Augh, I need a girlfriend fast. Sungjong was getting and getting too deep in his thoughts that he wasn’t even aware that he already arrived at the front door.  

                Aish, I suddenly want to punch hyung for making things embarrassing. Keep it together Lee Sungjong, a man can face anything! Whohoo! Shoot why am I getting embarrassed?! Stop Whooing in your head! Keep your act together man and open that door! Sungjong spent a considerable amount of time getting himself back up again but when he opened the door the room was empty.

The younger boy just shook his head and made a small smile as he unconsciously went to open the window then went to take a shower. But somehow there’s a new uncomfortable feeling swelling up inside of him.

Ah hell I care. He can go out whenever he want. He always comes back before one so nothing to worry Sungjong thought as he steps out of the bath not bothering to put on any towel since he’s alone. He slung the towel across his shoulders and walked stark to get his clothes when he heard a small thud behind him. He slightly jerks his neck to look back and saw a plastic bag with groceries in it had fallen on the floor then there’s Myungsoo standing completely dazed staring at him, face red.

                “What’s your problem?” Sungjong asked unaware.

                “I didn’t… know…you’re changing. I’m so sorry!!” Myungsoo suddenly exclaimed like a soldier answering to his superior and hastily went out the door again.

                “So he didn’t went out... what’s his…problem” Sungjong said thinking out loud when he realizes he had nothing on.

                From outside the room Myungsoo stood with his face beet red when a loud cursing scream emanated from the inside. On a whim thinking something might have happened Myungsoo risks his life and went back in. Sungjong already had his pants on and is clearly angry putting on a shirt.

                “What the hell was that sorry and running out the door huh? We’re both guys! Are yah lookin’ down ‘me or what?! Just ‘cause you got a better body than mine?”

                Myungsoo was about to apologize again but when he saw how red Sungjong’s face is he suddenly burst laughing.

                “Shut it! I already got scolded by the seniors! I don’t want to be punished! Shut up Kim Myungsoo, shut up!”

                “Oh man, I’m really sorry for that hahaha but it’s just …hahaha… oh shoot… wait give me a sec” Myungsoo breathes out gaining control of himself and faces Sungjong. “I’m sorry, my body just reacted and went out on its own. Hehe my bad. Next time I’ll make sure to stay”

                “I’m not saying you should stay! Knock before you enter you dunderhead! That’s what I’m saying! Anyways why are you even here?” Sungjong said, the rogue cheeks have no plan of fading.

                “Eugh? I just went out to buy dinner. You haven’t had any dinner right? Oh shoot I forgot I bought some pudding” Myungsoo scrambles to open the plastic bag and took out the pudding and put it on the fridge. Then he notice the open window.

                “Oh I see” Myungsoo said smiling, “I don’t think I’ll be going out like that, at least not for now.”

                “What do you mean?” Sungjong said helping himself to the food his room… boyfriend had brought.

                “Well, I’m not going there for a while. And besides, we’re dating right? I think I should act the part” Myungsoo said leaning on the wall opening a can of soda.

                “It’s not like things are going to chance right? We’re just pretending to date right?” Sungjong asked

                “Yeah, but we have to appear realistic or people will doubt.”

                “Oh, you’re right. Especially to my sister, their intuition is really scary” Sungjong agreed.

                “So how about we practice?” Myungsoo puts down his can of soda and slowly moves towards Sungjong.

                “Try calling me honey”

                *Thud

                “Ouch. Aww I was just teasing”

                “I agreed to do this but I have the right to punch you if I feel like you’re doing something stupid Agree?” Sungjong said after hitting Myungsoo on the head. “Got that boy…friend?”

                “Yes, boyfriend. Pfft hahaha”

                “Then what about tomorrow? What’s going to happen?” Sungjong asked after dinner and they’re getting ready to sleep.

                “Just leave everything to me?” Myungsoo smile reassuringly to his roommate now boyfriend. Sungjong too tired to argue closes his eyes to sleep. It's gonna be a busy day ahead for work and our project coming in. he thought drifting to sleep.

                  yeah sure.  busy day was not even enough to cover it.

 

.............................................................................................IDeviant............................................................................

Don’t you guys think Woohyun have an impeccable timing? 'cause I do hahaha how many times was that again?! 

I'm really looking forward on the Meet the Family chapter but for now How will the world react when these two became an items and how will they try to be "lovers" is fun to imagine. 

Ja, see ya next chapter