Not, not a date

Seven Days

For the next hours to come by Sungjong found himself getting drag into different places. They went inside a small bookstore and he caught Myungsoo secretly taking photos of him when he’s not looking, they walked when a mascot handed them a balloon and the latter pulled him in to take another photo, Sungjong caught some girls whispering and giggling while looking at them, if that was not enough his “boyfriend” took his hand and they stood in line for ice cream truck where only kids are lining up. He was so embarrassed he could only look down but despite that Sungjong can’t help but smile at how Myungsoo acts around him. They went and sat eating ice cream near a playground watching the kids play when a young boy approach them, hand behind his back.

            “What’s your name?” He looked at Sungjong.

            “Me? I’m Sungjong.” The older boy answered.

            “Uhm, hello. My name is Jin I’m seven years old. I’ll give you a flower, please be my bride!” The kid declared holding out a single picked flower to Sungjong.

            The latter turned slowly to Myungsoo with an expression asking “What the hell is going on?!” but Myungsoo only shrugged his shoulders trying not to laugh. 

            “I may be young but I’ll work to be your man” the kid’s still persistent. The other kids are starting to notice them and was getting curious.

            Sungjong knowing his “boyfriend’s” useless, tried he tried sort the situation out by himself. “What’s your name again? Jin isn’t it?” 

            “Yes, I’m seven years old but I’ll be eight soon” the kid was grinning wide showing eight through his fingers.

            Sungjong slightly adjusted his posture to meet the kid by the eyes, “You’re very brave aren’t you kid? But you see I can’t accept your proposal”

            “But why not! Jin will be a good man! Marry me!” the kid still fights on, on the sides Myungsoo could barely restrict himself from laughing seeing his friend trying to reason out with a kid.

            “Ah, you see I can’t marry you since it’s impossible because I’m…” Sungjong was smiling but he’s definitely getting embarrassed.

            “But I love you and I want to marry you!” Jin insisted. Myungsoo chortled but Sungjong gave him a stern look.

            “Jin! What are you doing?! You’re not going to marry anyone. Marry me!” another kid shouted coming over to their place.

            “Ohh, love triangle” Myungsoo commented, he had been keeping a serious face but deep inside he was dying with laughter. If he didn’t help soon God knows he will surely die of laughter.

            “You promised!” the other kid was almost crying.

            “Eh? But you don’t like pororo!” Jin argued.

            “Idiot Jin! You two can’t marry! He’ll be an old man when you grow up!”

             “Ah you two stop fighting, okay? I’ll treat you two to ice cream” Sungjong tries to calm down the kids. “What’s your name?”

            “Jung Ho Seok, but they call me Jee Hope” the other kid said.

            “Ah what a cute kid name. You see Jin just mistook me but I’m a hyung. Don’t worry I won’t be marrying him okay?” Sungjong reassured the little girl.

            “I didn’t mistook you? You’re a boy right? JHope too” Jin said as a matter of fact.

            Myungsoo straightened in his seat. Sungjong stiffened as he stared at the six year old kid, “then why did you?”

            “Dad said if two people are in love they could marry. But I have to be 21 he said” Jin almost sounded like an adult.

            “Eugh?!” holly crap what on earth! Sungjong was stumped. “But… but you said if two people are in love right? We only met just now so I can’t possibly”

            “That’s no problem, I’ll make you fall for me” Jin proudly said.

            “Jin you can’t!” the kid named Jung Ho Seok desperately clings to Jin.

            “But I can’t marry you. You’re leaving soon right? If I propose to you’ll leave me and you’ll meet new people and forget me!”

            “Idiot Jin! If you give me a ring I won’t forget!*hic… We’ll only be separated*hic in grade school! When we graduate and *hic be your bride! So don’t marry him! I*hic *hic I’ll like Poporo from now on too!”

            “But I already proposed to Sungjong. I won’t be a good man if I back down” Jin said.

            “Ah, about that don’t worry I won’t...” Sungjong was trying to sat it was alright but then Myungsoo puts his arm around Sungjong’s waist.

            “Kiddo, you can’t have this guy” Myungsoo said smirking while acting to lovingly wrap his arms around Sungjong’s waist. “You see he already has me”

            “Myungsoo stop lying to kids” Sungjong hissed in a low voice elbowing his roommate.

            “But if he’s not your husband then I can’t marry JHope because I proposed to you! You don’t have any rings!”

            “Ah you see” Sungjong tried to explain but it was Myungsoo who finished.

            “We’re not married yet, but I’m his “boyfriend” and we love each other”

            “Is this true Sungjong-hyung?” Jimin asked, suspicious.

            “Ah… yes, yes. That’s why I can’t marry you. I’m sorry Jimin” Sungjong smiled like he would to any kid.

            “Tsk. It can be help then” Jimin said taking Ho Seok’s hand. “You don’t have to like Poporo if you don’t want to, I’ll be your husband Jhope. Let’s trade my Poporo for your Totoro so when you leave you’ll always remember me”

            “Promise?”

            “Jimin Promised. I’ll only give flowers to you from now on but I can’t lie that Sungjong-hyung will always be my first love.”

            “O…okay”

            “Don’t cry now” Jimin wipe the tears off his bride’s face. “Sungjong-hyung I’m sorry but I can’t marry you now”

            “Ah, that’s not a problem. I hope you two be happy in the future” The latter smiled. Like hell that would be a problem! Kids this days are crazy scary! What the hell am I even saying!

            “You, what’s your name?” Jimin puffed his chest at the man beside his ex-bride.

            “Kim Myungsoo”

            “If you ever make Sungjong-hyung cry I’ll won’t forgive you. I’ll grow up fast and punch you”

            “Yes sir, I won’t” Myungsoo saluted at Jimin.

            “We’ll be leaving now. Goodbye Sungjong-hyung. Jhope come on, let’s go home and tell our parents”

            The two young men silently watched as the kids hand in hand walked away from them. Dumbfounded with a certain degree of profoundness. Astonished and stupefied at the same time.

            “Kids are scary nowadays” Myungsoo commented as they were walking back. Sungjong had gone silent ever since the kids left.

            “You could say that but, “Sungjong took a deep breathe before continuing, “I was kinda jealous of them, I feel like I’ve been beaten by a kid in finding true love.”

            “Hahaha, don’t be so down. You’ll find yours soon” Myungsoo patted his friend’s shoulder.

            “Nah, I’m good for now. What I probably wanted to say is that it took me a kid to understand what love is. I was always questioning about why you’re in love with a guy when you have all the girls flocking beside you, but now I understand.” Sungjong said, “Well do your best, as a friend I’ll help anyway I can. Don’t worry man, whatever happens I’ll support your craziness”

            Myungsoo wasn’t able to reply as they got into a cab bound for the dormitory. It was the first time that Sungjong said something about Myungsoo’s love life and he frankly did not see that coming. He always thought that the young boy just goes with the flow and doesn’t really think too much into thing, clearly he was wrong.

            It was half past five when the two of them arrived at the dormitory. It was quiet since the most of the tenants are still away and probably still savouring the last day before the start of examination month.

            Nothing indicated that there was something wrong but when they opened the door to their room what greeted them was something no one thought would happened.

 

...................................................................IDEviant............................................................................................. 

kids these days! hahaha 

Hi guys, thank you for reading my story. By the way I'm still polishing the chracters but I'll update about the each characters family as I we go along. 

if you're interested on the three sisters profile please look forward to it!