Getting by and A Side Story

Seven Days

The next morning Sungjong woke up before dawn, he groggily got up and sat on the edge of his side of the bed. The window curtain is slightly ajar and he can see the horizon from afar still a pale grey colour. The citys blanketed in white canopy but its already moving.

 

The younger sat looking at the scene lifelessly as he remembers the previous event. He wanted to tell Myungsoo it was him but the reality is Sungjongs afraid.

 

Hes afraid that if something were to happen in their relationship now it would only end up losing what little they have left.

 

I’ve never been afraid of ending a relationship before. I do I feel scared to my wits on the thought of Myungsoo rejecting me. ..

 

Or is it. If I confess now I know he’ll probably smile and even try to work things out. If Myungsoo agrees to go out with me out of pity I’d rather keep everything to myself. I sound so brave saying that hell I feel like a wreck right now. Sungjong laughed at his own cowardice.

 

In the first place Myungsoo was already in love with someone else its not something he could just change. Whatever they have its nothing more but a mutual feeling of knowing whats it like to loose a family but now that everythings stating to get fixed in his fiends life Sungjong had to face the truth that this story might not be the one where the person he fell in love with will love him back.

 

Taking a deep breathe he turn to look at the sleeping person beside him. He tried to say something but the words kept stuck in his throat.

 

Its probably better we end up this way.

 

Sungjong left the hospital and back into the empty flat he and Myungsoo had been living. He suddenly felt like a stranger in a place he considered home in this past months.

 

Sungjongs POV

 

Guess this is the starting line of moving on huh.

 

My voice echoed throughout the house. No one can hear me, Im alone in this place anyway.

Starting today Ill go back to my life before I met Myungsoo.

 

I will go back to the students life of getting late in school for playing video games.

 

I will go back to looking forward to finishing my initial goal in life.

 

I might find a girlfriend... maybe I will even meet someone nice.

 

Maybe it doesnt have to be a girl maybe

 

As long as I can forget these feelings

 

Two days had passed since Myungsoo woke up.

Two days since I last saw him.

 

I didnt go back to the hospital nor did I call or send him messages. Instead I busied myself moving my things back to the dormitory. I wanted to take another room but Woohyun said its the only room available for now. I know hes not telling the truth but I didnt bother.

 

 

I just have find a way to get by. Find a way not to think about him.

 

But as night comes I kept wondering how I lived a life without him.

 

Why cant I seem to go back to how things were before?

 

 

End of POV

 

 

A week later Myungsoo was standing alone in their flat by himself. He was released in the hospital today and Sunggyu was the one who drove the car back to the place. Sungjong visited him in the hospital once, three days after he woke up to tell him that the younger boy had moved out of their shared space.

The older boy could not say anything in surprised but he let Sungjong decide on what he wants, but a few days later he feels like hes regretting his decision.

 

you sure youre going to be fine here? Sunggyu asked his brother.

 

yeah... its just for a couple of days anyway. hes really not here. Myungsoo silently thought as he checked every room in the house.

 

You and Sungjong alright? the older brother asked seeing how his little brother had been extremely quiet since they got back.

 

uhm, yeah... I hope so.

 

okay, Ill let you rest and Ill just wait for your decision.

 

thanks hyung. the little brother smiled as he closed the door to his room.

 

For the longest time Myungsoo sat on the bedside floor looking for something he felt he lost but cant put his finger what is it.

 

A small knock on the door woke the older boy from his deep thoughts. He got up and hastily went to the door thinking it could be...

 

Sungyeol, youre here?

 

Did I come at a bad time? I bought lunch Sungyeol greeted.

 

oh, uhm... yeah yeah Ill just change my clothes

 

okay, I bought coffee so hurry up

 

When the door closed Myungsoo felt a bit disappointed. Was he expecting something... or was it someone else.

 

here, coffee. Sungyeol handed him the coffee.

 

Ill make coffee Myungsoo said as he went straight to the counter.

 

you can make coffee?

yeah, Sungjong he taught me how to use the coffee maker. We usually made breakfast here Myungsoo smiled to himself remembering the mornings they spend together.

 

oh. Sungyeol made a short comment.

 

have you been to school?

 

yeah I did, exams are just over and Sungjong came to me to hand out your requirements.

 

he came to you, instead of just giving it to me? Myungsoo sounded a bit irritated.

 

Dont worry. I only brought your homework your exams are still by the professor you can still find an excuse to talk to him.

 

I dont need an excuse to talk to him.

 

There was silence as Sungyeol looked at Sunggyus brother. For the longest time he looked at Myungsoo as nothing but a selfish brat but now that he was able to take a moment and look at him Sungyeol could see that the brat he though had changed just as Sungjong had said he did.

 

Myungsoo, do you still love me?

 

 

A sound of crashing porcelain reverberated through the whole house.

 

Sungjong woke seeing the empty bed right across him that used to be his. He took a moment to refocus himself and stepped into the bath.

 

I thought I wont be able to go back to how things were but surprisingly Im still living. Moving on seems to be impossible for me, theres nothing to move on from theres nothing there in the first place.

 

Bath. Brush. Breakfast.

School. Study. Sleep.

 

Except for the time when I was looking for a part time job my life somewhat became a routine in this past week.

Guess this is better than over thinking things.

 

Sungjong was getting ready to leave the dormitory when he passed by Woohyuns room and was surprised to see the place in tatters.

 

 

..........................................................................IDeviant....................................................................................................

this bit is a little breather with a bit of Woohyun's story I've been wanting to include this for the longest time but couldn't find the time but now I can. 

writing the ending is a little bit... quite difficult to write to say the least.

I keep asking if everyone should deserve their happy ending

but what is a "happy ending" really?

i think i need more coffee on this.

 

clue: everything that happens is there for a reason