Running Away from the Truth

Seven Days

Sungyeol was slurring, he can barely keep his eyes open and a bar stuff had thrown him out on the side street. He was rambling for more drinks and threatens to sue the bar for chasing him out when Myungsoo got out of the cab and saw him.

 

 

“ What *hic *hic you *doing here?" The model student asked almost shouting, “ get the hell out of here!”

 

“ Stay here I’m going to apologize to the bar owner” Myungsoo said as he went into the bar. Minutes later he came out bringing Sungyeol’s coat with him, “ come on Sungyeol I’ll take you home.”

 

“The F*** I care, leave me alone!” The older boy slapped off Myungsoo’s hands when the latter tried to help him get up., “ you’re not the one I want to see! Dam***”

 

“ I know, let me take you home. He’s not coming” Myungsoo was patient as he tried to help Sungyeol again.

“ Why is it always you, why can’t it be him?” this time the older boy was crying through his drunkard state.

 

“ Sungyeol come on you need to go home.” the younger boy held him up by the shoulder the car. Seeing the latter’s state he couldn’t just leave Sungyeol out on his own.

 

Throughout the car ride Sungyeol was a mess, he kept talking nonsense his speech getting worse by the minute. Myungsoo silently drove the car, when they arrive at their destination he helped Sungyeol to get inside the house.

 

The place was a mess it’s like a hurricane decided to take a visit and trashed the house. Getting Sungyeol into the bedroom proved to be difficult and Myungsoo decided to settle him by the couch.

 

“What happened to your place?” Myungsoo said as he continues to look around “ Stay here I’ll get you some water.”

 

“ I still *drink! I want *drink! Whohoo! F*** I want to get wasted” the older boy flung his hands in the air but his body’s to drunk to move.

 

“You are wasted.” Myungsoo sighed as he gave Sungyeol a glass of water. The latter thought it was his drink so he drank it down in one shot.

 

“ What *is this*?” Sungyeol complained throwing the empty glass.

 

“ I was in an important meeting but I had to cancel it to get you. At least try to sober up”Myungsoo said as he started to clean up the place.  

 

“You… haha you still *hic me! Haha *hic *hic but why can’t he?! I told him..” Sungyeol was laughing in between tears, his words seemed to jumble up on their own but Myungsoo can still understand them, “I will do everything he says but why can’t he allow me to worry about him! I wanted to be his shoulders, I will give him everything. I just wanted to help him ease the pain”

 

Myungsoo stood stop on his tracks, “ Why him? I could treat you so much better.” the younger boy could feel the familiar pain striking through his chest.

 

“ how many times it has been since the past that when you needed him I was the one beside you. He never did once stop to look at you. You’ve been hurt countless times why are you still choosing him until now?” the younger boy could feel his tears warming up his eyes. Myungsoo felt stupid talking to a drunkard but he can’t stop it, “ I’ve dragged people into this messed up life of mine just so I could protect you. I don’t know how much more I could watch him suffer. If you choose me, I will never hurt you”

 

“hurt? You?… ” Sungyeol looked at the person in front of him his face devoid of expression but his tears were streaming down his face, “ you’re the reason why I’m in pain. If I were him, I’d do the same thing your mother had done.”

 

Myungsoo too a deep breath as he brought himself back into reality. He can feel his hands were trembling a little, “ Hey, can I join?”

 

Sungjong did not turn around but quietly nodded his head as he moved to give more space but instead Myungsoo made sure to sit right next to the younger boy.

 

“ Hey, I’m sorry” the older boy could feel the lump of words slowly fading away. he put his mug on the small table beside the and gently wraps his arms around the younger boy’s waist. Myungsoo buried his face on the nook of Sungjong’s neck, his nose gently poking the younger boy.

 

“Did you slept well last night?” Sungjong did not stir even though he’s literally sitting between the older boy’s legs his back to Myungsoo as the latter stayed stuck on his neck.

 

“ I cleaned up his mess, Sungyeol got up several times to puke so I had to always be alert.” Myungsoo omitted the part that he’d been too anxious waiting for Sungjong to reply he forgot about the time.

 

“ hey Myungsoo” Sungjong’s voice was soothingly low.

 

“Hmm?” the older boy pulled Sungjong to rest on his chest. He could feel the warmth increasing between their bodies as he snuggled in closer.

 

“i want to know something.”

 

“Hmm, yeah. I have something to tell you too”

 

“ will you answer me truthfully?”

 

“ hmm…” *yawns

 

“ if… if we didn’t end up as roommates, if you end up with a different person to live with you. Will you still…” Sungjong turned around to look at Myungsoo but the older boy had fallen asleep holding unto the younger boy.

 

The latter fell silent, he gently traced down his finger on the older boy’s nose bridge and fell unto his lips.

 

“ Will you still do these things with that person?” Sungjong’s voice was almost a whisper. He slowly move closer into Myungsoo’s embrace, the latter thinking it was a pillow hugged it tighter.

 

I forgot to take my pills… it’s okay Sungjong’s here. I’m going to tell him about it Myungsoo was half asleep as his thoughts randomly drifted into the midair when he felt something warm met his lips.

I’ve felt something like this before, it’s warm and peaceful. i wonder where does it came from…

 

 

The morning city view met Myungsoo’s eyes when he woke up the next morning. The smell of coffee and breakfast wafting in the air roused him up, he can even hear some bird tweeting somewhere outside the house. The city looked the same but the rain before had brought something of a light feeling into the surroundings. As if everything was new, better and comforting.

 

“ Good morning” Myungsoo walked up to the cooking Sungjong and hugged him from the back, his eyes half open but he’s definitely awake, “ that was a good sleep.”

 

“ You didn’t take you pills last night, I thought you won’t be able to sleep” Sungjong said dishing out the sunny side ups he’s planning to put on the kimchi fried rice he just finished cooking.

 

“ I was meaning to tell you about that, I promise. I just forgot about it last night”the older boy bolted up wide awake.

 

“ Let’s eat breakfast then we’ll talk” Sungjong tried to move away but the older boy had him tied down to his arms, “ but first will you stop hugging me already.”

 

“ you know, I’m always the one hugging you. Why won’t you hugged me?!”

 

“ It’s because there’s no joy in two guys hugging, now let go so we can eat.”

 

“ bu I like hugging you. If I were your girl I’d never stop hugging you. Ahhh, I want to be Sungjong;s wife” Myungsoo was in high spirits. It’s been sometime since he saw that lost reaction on Sungjong;s face followed by a deep crimson red tainting the younger boy’s face.

 

“you… you want me to kill you! And who do you think is the reason why I can’t get a girl?!” Sungjong hid his embarrassment with anger kicking Myungsoo on the stomach.

 

“Ommpf!” Myungsoo fell kneeling on the floor clutching unto himself, “hahaha… it’s been awhile since I got kicked like this”

 

“ Do you want me to add a couple punch sir?” Sungjong smiled but his eyes says otherwise, “ I cook the food, cleaned the house and waited for you. What kind of wife are you? You better make it up to me” the younger boy’s eyes were blazing with fire.

 

“ then shall we go for a date or should we talk about this on the bedroom?” Myungsoo was grinning. Plan’s working

 

“ Wha..what do you mean bedroom?” the older boy can barely keep himself from laughing seeing how red Sungjong’s face is as he unconsciously mumbled, “ I miss this”

 

 Wh-what did you miss?! You .. you pompous idot1 You’re teasing me again, aren’t you!?” Sungjong was about to punch Sungjong when the older boy caught him by the hand and pulled him closer.

 

“ I’m guessing you’re choosing the first option then. Too bad, I could do better on the latter” Myungsoo was grinning ear to ear until he could no longer contain himself and laughed, “ sorry, sorry I was just teasing! (
(^0^)

So… we’re not going?” Sungjong thought out loud. His eyes looking at Myungsoo with an innocent look on his face when he realized his words, “ I mean on the date part… no not a date just a trip .. you said you’re going to help me do my project so .. you can’t say no”

 

“ Oh god, you’re so cute Sungjong-ah you know that” Myungsoo hugged the younger boy, “ I might just end up wanting to be your wife”

 

“ idiot, forget about it!” Sungjong pulled himself off but Myungsoo held him by the hand.

 

“ Hey, I’m just teasing bu I really2x want to go on a date with you. Will you go with me?” After all it’s only outside where you would hold my hand maybe I can get you to hug me. Myungsoo was smiling.

 

“I’ll go but it’s not a date. You’re helping me with my project.” Sungjong said.

 

“ No we date then do your project after… or we can date and do your project at the same time” Myungsoo retracted seeing the predatory look on Sungjong’s eyes.

 

“It’s not a date”

 

“Yes boss, if you say so

 

“ Good. Now eat you breakfast.” Sungjong said he forgetting what he was planning to talk to with Myungsoo after breakfast. When the older boy wasn't looking a small smile played on the younger boy's lips.

 

 

................................................................................................IDeviant......................................................................................................... 

Hopefully the date goes well.