Butterflies

Seven Days

The words were written in red bold letters.

BREAK UP WITH HIM

If you know what’s good for you

Attached to the short message was Sungjong’s photo sitting by the bench alone. A red ink marker marks him with X.

You don’t deserve him

Do you think you two will last?

 Break up or else you might regret it

This time it was his photo working by the convenience store. Sungjong was standing beside Myungsoo but his face was deliberately erased.

Who do you think you are?!

You’re nothing but trash!

 If you don’t get the hell out of his life I will! Trash!

As long as you’re with him you’ll never be safe! You will suffer!

Sungjong was pretty shaken to see the last photo; it was him and Myungsoo as they were getting out of the house, this morning. Again, his face was erased this time with an X made by scarring the photo with something sharp.

The younger boy didn’t know what to do; he stared at the photo for quite some time not knowing if he should be angry or afraid. In the end he decides to stuff back the letter in their envelopes and into his pocket.

He went to his work like a robot, a few minutes until his shift ends Myungsoo walked in to the store.

“Good evening sir, what would you like... oh?” Sungjong looks up and his brows had risen in disappointment.

“I guess even the trucks would not consider you road kill worthy huh? Too bad, I was hoping to see your guts spilled on the asphalt.” The younger boy said but he’s careful not to look Myungsoo into the eyes.

“Aww can’t you at least say that you miss me?” Myungsoo teased.

Sungjong did not say anything but he noticed that his “boyfriend” looked tired.

“Where did you go? You just had a fever, you should just haul you a** back to bed and rest”

“It’s fine, you took care of me last night and I got 100% recovery”

“Mr. Kim, are you alright now? Last night your clothes are soaking wet that I’m pretty sure you’ll get sick” Dongwoo greeted coming out from the storage room.

“Hyung, thanks for last night. I caught a little fever last night but I’m fine now. By the way we’re going to have some dinner in the house and if your free how about eating with us” Myungsoo invited as if they’ve known each other for some time even Sungjong was surprised.

“Sure, Sungjong already invited me beforehand. I’m just all alone in the house right now since my partner was away on a convention.

“How about Woohyun-hyung?” Myungsoo asked looking at his “boyfriend” the fact that Woohyun had the late night shift might mean that he can’t join.

“Ah well, his contract for his part-time job is about to end and since it’s already your finals Woohyun decided to focused on his studies. We already found someone to take his place for the meantime” Dongwoo said. “Our store has a student-friendly policy that if students want to focus on their exams they can end their contract.

“I see” Myungsoo was looking at his “boyfriend” with a smug smile on his face.

 “Don’t even think about it, I’m working”

Sungjong could tell Myungsoo’s thoughts the way the older boy looks at him.

 “Eeey, I didn’t even say anything yet.” Myungsoo playfully smiled at his partner before pinching Sungjong on the cheek.

“Well you’re thinking about it” Sungjong said with a raised brow. Some customers walk in and the younger boy straightens up putting on his professional smile.

The older “guy” was temporarily tossed on the sides and ends up helping Dongwoo carrying boxes.

Another customer walks in, looks around and decides to go straight to the cash register.

“Good evening sir, can I help you with something?” Myungsoo could hear Sungjong’s cheery voice it made him turn around.

“Ah yes, of course. We already have it on our shelves, you can also choose from…”

“Soo… Myungsoo” Dongwoo taps his junior’s “boyfriend” by the shoulder.

“Ah yes Hyung? What is it?”

“I said thanks for helping. Are you okay? You’re spacing out you.” Dongwoo follows the direction the young man was looking.

“Makes you want to snatch him huh?” Dongwoo commented on Sungjong who was eagerly talking to the customer. A warm smile was on the younger boy’s lips as he was talking.

 “Huh?” Myungsoo looked at Dongwoo with a confused expression.

“Nothing, I was just commenting on how my junior employee over there. What about you?”

“Me? Oh nothing I was just thinking that when he smiles it’s not because he have to. It’s like smiling for him comes naturally, you know what I mean?” Myungsoo explains.

“It’s probably one of the reasons why our male customers would increase when it’s time for his shift. Tired workers are always looking for something to brighten up their day. There are even a few that would chat up to him and sometimes ask him to have dinner”

“What do you mean?” Myungsoo turns to ask Dongwoo.

“Ah but that was before you two were dating. Besides he always declines anyway” The older boy said in defence.

“Oh I see, it’s because he smiles too much at everyone. He’s way too friendly and would help out just about anyone. Sheesh, he should just run a charity or something”

            “Well you can always tell him to not be too friendly with others”

            “Huh me? Why would I?”

            “You’re his lover after all” Dongwoo said smiling before leaving Myungsoo standing on his own.

            “Hey, you okay?” Sungjong asked his “boyfriend” standing by the storage room doorway seemingly deep in his thoughts.

            “ah yeah.. I was just thinking you know things” Myungsoo sounded indecisive with his words it made the younger boy eye him suspiciously.

            “You okay? If you want we can have the dinner some other time. You look tired”

            “Nah, I’m good.”

            “Well if you say, if there’s anything you want to eat for dinner just tell me okay? My shift ends in five minutes.”

            “Sure”

After work Myungsoo and Sungjong left to buy ingredients for dinner. They sent emails to their friends on the house’s address.

            Half an hour later the younger boy was in the kitchen cooking when their friends started to arrive. Chanyeol and Baekhyun came carrying two packs of beer, Sungjae followed with some lemon pie for dessert, Woohyun and Dongwoo came just a few seconds one after the other with each a bottle of wine in their hands. The dinner will be held on the rooftop lounge since the inside dining room could not fit all of them.

            “Are you all planning on getting drunk?” Sungjong commented seeing all the booze on the table.

            “It’s a house welcoming party after all!” Woohyun said in high spirits.

            “Just do whatever you want guys but not if you’re driving. The food will be done in a few minutes; can you start to set the table.” The younger boy said getting back into the kitchen.

            “I’ll help!” Chanyeol volunteered.

            “Count me in” Sungjae said. Dongwoo came into the kitchen to help Sungjong while Baekhyun silently watches from the sides. On the other part, Myungsoo and Woohyun were outside by the small rooftop lounge, talking.

            Three hours later the “couple” were alone in the house, the dinner ended with younger all red and probably a bit drunk. They had a good time chatting up during dinner, no one mentioned about the dorm incident and the younger boy was a bit glad that they could just hang out normally. However Sungjong caught moments of Myungsoo wearing a serious expression while talking to Woohyun afterwards. On one occasion the older boy was having a conversation with Baekhyun and they looked at him with questioning looks in their eyes.

He pretended not to notice and just went to help Sungjae finished the potato salad on the plate. The anxiety has been building up since the incident, Sungjong had tried to keep it at bay but now it seems that his friends are hiding things from him and it’s not helping one bit.

“Here, drink some water.” Myungsoo said handing a glass of water to his “boyfriend”.” And please don’t lean too much on the wall” he warned as they were standing by the rooftop’s edge. There’s only a two-inch thick crystal wall that separates a human from falling off to a certain doom.

“Ha-ha what‘re yah*ic sayin’? Ain’t gonna die *ic just like that! ‘been through ‘lot! fallin’ is nothin ”

The latter only had a can of beer and a few sips of wine and he already started talking in his accent. Myungsoo couldn’t help a small grin playing on his lips to this new side he’s seeing from his roommate.

Sungjong was giggling and laughing, face flushed and his eyes languidly stares at the man in front of him. “hihi, yah ‘ave lots of fans*ic they scary ya know. Ya’ll hidin somethin from ne?”

“Yeah, yeah be careful come here will you?” Myungsoo said pulling the younger in the arm.

“Why ya*ic smiling? Ya wanna fight yah handsome pain n’da bu**?” Sungjong leans in to pinch his “boyfriend’s” cheek on the both sides. “Ha-ha cheeky ar’ yah? Dang it yah look cute*ic in yer shirt. Wash yah secret huh?”

“Hey now, it’s getting cold. Let’s go inside”  Myungsoo gently said.

“Nah, I wanna stay ‘ere.” The younger resisted like a kid and tried to pull his hand only to drag his “boyfriend” closer to his body.

“Easy now, okay?” Myungsoo don’t know what to do, usually it would be him acting like a complete kid but now their situations are reversed. But it’s not like he found this kid like Sungjong to be annoying if anything but it was interesting and amusing.

“No! ‘am stayin ‘ere *ic” Sungjong put his arms around his “boyfriend” neck. “ya’ know *ic I’ll share a secret. Wanna know who my last *ic kiss was?”

“You could tell me when we’re inside. ‘kay?” Myungsoo was patient.

“ You…*ic you trickin’ me right?” Sungjong giggled as he pokes the older boy by the nose, if anyone could walk in on them right now. Anyone would think that this couple is way too close.

“Okay, that’s it. You’re not allowed to drink, ever” Myungsoo lifts Sungjong like a bride and carries him to the house up the stairs.

As Myungsoo carries his drunken roommate to their room Sungjong became quiet his “boyfriend” thought the he was asleep but when Myungsoo glanced down Sungjong was intently staring at him .

“You like what you see?” Myungsoo joked.

 “Why?” Sungjong reaches to cup the latter’s face with both of his hands as if checking.

“Why,  what?” Myungsoo smiled as they came into their room. He gently pushed the door open with his feet.  

“Butterflies…” Sungjong mumbled as he snuggled close to his “boyfriend”. His finger gently tapping Myungsoo’s left chest. “Butterflies… always”

“What about them?”

“Why do yah *ic…always give me them d*mn butterflies?”

Before Myungsoo could say anything he heard a soft snore coming from the younger boy.

“You drunkard?” the latter smiled as he gently sets the younger boy on the bed before quietly lying beside the sleeping drunk.

 “I’m sorry you always have to be nervous because of me, I’m really useless as a friend huh?” Myungsoo softly runs his finger through Sungjong’s nose bridge and pauses on the small birthmark to gently poke it. “Rely on me more, okay?”

Sungjong felt something warm embracing his body, he scoots closer to the source and hears a steady beating.

 

 

.....................................................................................IDeviant........................................................................................................... 

I think Sungjong should lay off the booze!!! hahaha