It Starts with

Seven Days

“Should I email Woohyun-hyung just in case they forgot?” Sungjae said with a yawn. “Dang, I should stop playing too much video game”

            “It’s okay. They’re probably on their way right?” Sungjong was losing his appetite on the food when his phone rang; it was the obnoxious “boyfriend”. “And yeah, you should stop with all the video games”

            “Yeah, I was even late this morning” Sungjae added, “Aren’t you going to answer that hyung?”

            “No”

            “oh, okay. You two got into a fight or somethin?”

            “No… not really. Why’d you ask?”

            “Nothing, I was just thinking he must be possessive. Your phone have been ringing for quite some time now”

            “No, he’s not like that. It’s nothing”

            “Did you talk about the hot pot tonight” Sungjae asked. “Cause I was pretty sure he’s glaring at me back then.”

            “Don’t worry about it, he said it’s fine.” why does it feel like I’m defending him now?

          “You know they say that you lose at least one or two friends when you have a relationship…” Sungjae was talking when another message went through Sungjong’s phone.

            “Ah, wait a moment” he said to his dongsaeng        

           

 

Hi, are you eating lunch?

                   Seen 11:35

     Are you still angry? T.T

                   Seen 11:35

          Sungjong-ah?

              Seen 11:36

     Jong-ah?

              Seen 11:36

     Jongie?

              Seen 11:37

     Sunsun?

              Seen 11:38

Aww, please don’t ignore me ToT

              Seen 11:39

Please?!! I’m so sorry T.T

              Seen 11:40

Hey, if you’re not going to reply

I’m gonna keep sending messages.

P.s by the way I’m on

 a high way with lots of big trucks

 ^_<

                   Seen 11:40

     11:41 you have an incoming phone call from Sunsun...

“Hello?” a cheery voice answered Sungjong from the other end of the line.

“Are you out of your freaking mind Kim Myungsoo?!! Don’t text while driving!” Sungjong’s voice was hushed but angry.

Are you in the cafeteria right now?”

“Where are you right now?”

“Me? Oh I was just having a small break at a gas stop on the side of the road.”

“Wait what? I thought you’re driving!”

“Well I was, it’s not I’m gonna text while driving right? We still have to go on a date tomorrow how can I possibly get into an accident.”

“Suddenly I wished you’re driving right now right straight into a big cargo truck” Sungjong’s not going to go all coward with Myungsoo’s teasing

“Aww, sorry okay? I was just teasing because you sound so serious”    

 

“Kim Myungsoo, you have five minutes to give me a good reason why you decided to destroy my perfectly irritation-free day.”

“Can’t I call my partner when I wanted to?” the other line teased.

“That’s it, I hope ya get road kill!”

“Wait! Wait! I promise I’m not gonna tease this time. I just called because I’ll be picking you up after work. We can go buy the ingredients for dinner together.”

“Fine” Sungjong replied uninterested.

“I’m gonna buy some cake for later. Don’t do anything dangerous okay? Take care, see you later. Oh by the way, was I good?”

“Good on what?” Sungjong asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Good at being a boyfriend, I was kinda practicing. So did I make you heart skip a bit or something?”

“You Idiot! Don’t go around spewin’non-sense! Who would?!” Sungjong’s voiced was half-way raised.

“Aww jeez, that means I didn’t even make you blush huh? But it’s still fun teasing you anyway hihi”

*Call terminated*

Woohyun and the rest finally arrived in the cafeteria. He waved at Sungjae who had seen them upon entrance.

“Hey, what’s wrong with you?” he asked Sungjong who was silently sitting on the table.

“Nothing, just a little bit hot in here” Sungjong replied pretending to fan off the heat with his clothes. But he can’t hide the fact that his face is like a giant canvas of raw emotions pouring in. his ears and the back of his neck were a deep rouge.

“Yeah, right.” Woohyun nodded as he looks at the AC blasting at nineteen by the side of the wall.

“Why didn’t you two inform us that you’ll be eating here in the cafeteria? If it wasn’t for Baekhyun wanting to eat some strawberry bread we wouldn’t have known” Chanyeol said upon sitting.

“I thought Sungjae sent you an email?” Sungjong asked.

“Euh? I thought hyung sent the email?” Sungjae was about to explain more when the girl walks in on the cafeteria.

Sungjong’s eyes immediately followed suit not leaving the girl any room for escape.

“Yah Lee Sungjong, cheating is not allowed” Woohyun said loud enough just for his friends to hear. “Why are you looking at some chick when you’re already taken!”

“Huh? No I’m not cheating! I was just curious cause she looks familiar” Sungjong said.

“Who?” the rest of the gang turns around to check the girl

“oh her?” the youngest commented, “ I think she’s the girl Myungsoo dumped before.”

“What?” Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Woohyun and Sungjong all chorused together at Sungjae’s statement.

 “Are you out of your mind?! We can’t just go ahead and ask “Hey are you the girl who trashed my room? Do you mind handing yourself to the police?” Woohyun explained when Sungjong suggested that he go and talk to the woman.

“Come to think of it, it seems I also notice that girl more than before. Whenever Sungjong appears later I would caught a glimpse of her” Chanyeol said.

“Even though she trashed your room and leave bad messages on the wall, maybe it’s not wise to directly approach her. How about we just observe her for a while” Sungjae suggested.

Baekhyun was silent for a moment before speaking, “well that would be a good idea. Who know maybe he can expose the culprit within this week.”

“If you say so” his friends know that out of them Baekhyun’s the most composed and his ideas usually work.

After lunch they split into their classes. Chanyeol and Woohyun with Sungjong into the west building and Baekhyun went with Sungjae.

“Where did you know about the girl?” Baekhyun asked Sungjae.

“ah, it’s some time back then before. That girl’s always following Myungsoo and I heard some girls laughing about what happened. She confessed with some friends but was turned down shamelessly.”

“I see” Baekhyun nods, he then took a glance at the young boy, “You still haven’t told others?”

Sungjae made a short apologetic smile, “I’m still looking for the perfect timing. I will surely miss you guys”

“Well, just make some good memories then” Baekhyun said, his smile something only he can understand.

“Ah, I forgot I have to but something. You can go ahead hyung”

The two parted with a nod and Sungjae went left while the older boy walked on ahead.

For the rest of the day Sungjong kept glancing at his phone, he would tap to see if new mails had come through. A small frown played on his face to find the message box empty. After class had finish he went to put back his book.

Upon opening his locker, yet another anonymous black envelope was present. Sungjong took a deep breath and without another word stuffed the letter in his pockets and walked to the neared restroom. This has been the second envelope just for today and it’s the third letter so far.

When he got to the restroom no one was there, holding the letters Sungjong hastily occupies one of the empty cubicles. Once inside he carefully examines the outer envelope before carefully tearing it open.

 

 

 

 

.....................................................................................................IDeviant................................................................................................ 

Two Chapters today! Phew

I was so excited about about the story that I got sick guys lol. I hope you enjoy!