The Mind may Forget

Seven Days

“Uhm, I did what? Really?” there was utter disbelief in the Sungjong’s voice as his cheeks grew a deep red even he was covering his face.

                It was the morning after, the young man was sitting in the kitchen. Myungsoo was leaning by the kitchen sink nursing a small bump on his head after his hugging pillow push kick him off the bed.

                “Yup, I had to carry you up and when I tried to put you to sleep you put your arms up around my neck and wouldn’t let go so we slept intertwined like that. Afterwards you kept complaining that it’s too hot so you started to take your clothes off. I tried to stop you but you tied my wrists up you know.” Myungsoo was calm as he explained.

                “Oh my god… I did that?” Sungjong was flabbergasted. “But I didn’t drink that much!!”

                “Yeah, but the punch Woohyun-hyung was spiked and you drank it like water”

                “Cr**! Now that I think about it, the punch tasted funny” Sungjong wanted to melt there and then. He can’t believe he did all those things and he even woke up all cuddled up in Myungsoo’s arms with the latter’s one hand tied to the bed post and the other on his waist. In his shock he pushed and kicked the poor Myungsoo off the bed.

                “I was able to free one hand but it’s difficult to free the other so I had to hold unto you so I won’t fall.”

                “I am so sorry man. Augh I feel worse” the younger boy so much wanted to think everything was just a joke but seeing the faint marks on the other’s wrist was enough for him to avoid Myungsoo’s gaze. “I’m never drinking like that ever again”

                “You… you really can’t remember anything?” Myungsoo was cautious in his words as he approached the younger boy with two cups of coffee in his hands.

                “It’s all hazy. I remembered acting a complete embarrassment by the lounge but I can’t remember much after that. Sorry you had to see that stupid side of me. I must’ve been a pain aren’t I?” Sungjong rests his head on his hands trying to think, “And to think that you carried me up the stairs”

                “I don’t really mind, I was actually happy I got to see your fun side. You’re always wary about people and you’ve always been cautious around me aren’t you?” Myungsoo smiled towards his friend, “for once I get you to rely on me, of course that would make me glad. But you’re light as a leaf I was thinking I should feed you more”

                “Myungsoo, do you have a fever?” Sungjong asked in confusion.

                “No, I’m fine why?”

                “‘Because right now, you’re kinda creeping me out. Did I do something else that you’re not telling me?”

                “What are you talking about? Can’t I feel reliable once in a while?”

                “I didn’t mean that, it’s just you’re usually full of energy teasing me and annoying me.”

                “So you want me to tease you?” Myungsoo’s smile changes.

                “No! No way, it’s just it feel weird that you’re not being an annoying prick first thing in the morning”

                “Ha-ha, hey I only tease you okay? Besides it’s not like I’m teasing you all the time”

                “You’re not?” Sungjong shot back. As far as I can remember all you do is tease me, annoy me, irritate me, and lately there’s this uncomfortable feeling in my chest.

                “ Hey, you didn’t laughed at me when I was getting home drunk every night back then. But honestly I’m just being a gentleman”

“Well it’s weird for me, so just show me the real Myungsoo”

“My, my so you want me to be rough?” the older boy was grinning. Actually he had been keeping himself from teasing and laughing knowing the magnitude of what he was about to reveal to the younger boy.

“Cut it out Kim Myungsoo! Now you’re just being annoying!”

“ Okay, okay just hold your horses. By the way yesterday I went someplace special and brought these back. It was a gift for us” Myungsoo went to take a large box by the kitchen counter and brought it on the table”

                “Gift? From who?”

                “Actually, I went to your house yesterday to tell your sisters that due to certain circumstances we are now living together. Please don’t get angry”

                “You what?!” Sungjong choked on his coffee. “

                Oops, here comes the Sungjong attack. Myungsoo was prepared for the younger boy’s reaction. He knew Sungjong would be angry that he acted on his own without consulting his friend first.

                “ You just had a fever yesterday and you drove all the way to my house?! How idiot can you be? What if you suddenly felt ill on the way? What would you do?! Are you not thinking?!”

                It was Myungsoo’s time to get surprised, he knew Sungjong would be furious but not for this reason at all.

                “Ah, I’m good. I wouldn’t drive if I knew I’m not feeling well, besides you took care of me so I was confident” the older boy wisely defended his actions.

                “I don’t know what to do with you anymore, what did you even do to my house?” Sungjong asked while calming his nerves down.            

                “I told them that due to certain circumstances in the dorm we’re living together in a flat outside of the school. I told Yuu-noona you were really anxious on telling them that’s why I was the only one who showed up and I was the one who insisted that we should live together.”

                “How did they handled the news?”

                “Well Ai-noona said that if I go too far, I would be found floating in the great river with my guts out other than that, they wanted you to eat well and call them just for a check-up” Myungsoo smiled as he opened the box and gently takes out the carefully bubbled wrapped utensils. “And Yuu-noona gave me these while saying that if I don’t take good care of you she would put me in one of her jars and bake me inside the kiln.”

                It was a pair of everything a couple needs to have a meal, two plates and a couple of bowls along with it are also two mugs clearly but it was Myungsoo who only knew that those were made for just the two of them. Yuu was supposed to give it for their next visit but since Myungsoo showed up she just gave it to him.

                “Wow, I can tell my sister really made this. It’s been awhile and I love using her works!” Sungjong was beaming with happiness he momentarily forgot his hangover. Seeing her sister’s works made him feel less homesick.  “How about he use them tonight for some dinner, I’ll cook”

                “Oh, tonight we’ll be eating outside. I already booked someplace for dinner, it’s nice to just hang out for dinner from time to time”

                “You sure you’re not going broke?” Sungjong eyed his “boyfriend” suspiciously.

                “Why are you looking at me like that?” the older boy asked.

                “Nothing”

                “We’ll leave in an hour so you get ready”

                “Sure”

                There was a monotonous silence, Myungsoo kept staring at his “boyfriend” while Sungjong was trying to avoid it.

                “Okay, I should take a bath first.” S awkwardly stood up and started walking back to their room.

                “Y can take your time since I already took one. Uhm, Hey last night you sure you don’t remember anything?”

                “Nah man, I was pretty drunk I guess. But don’t work if something came up I’ll tell you”

                “Okay, just be careful in the bath”

                “Yeah I will thanks.”

                Sungjong waved a small goodbye went up the stairs into their room, once inside the room he slowly closes the door behind him, slumps down to the floor hugging his knees and hiding his face.

                “Oh my god…”

                Sungjong’s POV

                ! *&^%$#@#@&*!!!! Arghhh!

What the hell did I do?!

                No! No! No! What the heck! Did I really do all of those things?!

Oh my god, that was so embarrassing!

                , god please tell me this was all a dream.

                He’s supposed to laugh and tease me but he didn’t! Then he turned all understanding and calm on me?!! Arghhh! I wish he just teased me, I’m not comfortable when he smile like that. I thought my chest’s gonna jump out on him!

                My god I tied him up?! I took off my clothes?!!

How much of a moron can I be?

Shoot I want to kill the author of this story. Stop with all this embarrassing things you’re making me do!

                 The thing about getting drunk is that you’re supposed to forget everything when you woke up, I didn’t remember how I got inside the house our how he carried me to the bed but why the hell did I remember acting all clingy and I even started talking about the kiss!?

 Arghhh!! I can’t remember if I told him the truth!

Did I? Is that the real reason why he was so calm? Is that what he was going to ask just now?

                Should I come clean and ask him about? No god, I can’t do it. *deep breathe

                Just keep it together Lee Sungjong. Relax, don’t over think just keep it cool *deep breathe

                Yeah nothing happened, you didn’t do anything

              Dear god, don't tell me I'm getting insane or something?! 

 

End of POV

 

............................................................................................................IDeviant........................................................................................

First, I want to congratulate any #SongSong couple fans here, yup they are officially married! 

To everyone thank you for waiting guys! I was very happy to be able to update since these past two weeks I was busy with studies but I'm also very happy that I got hired in my job!