The Love You Can't Love

Seven Days

When Sungjong arrived at the bar another fight is mounting to start and Myungsoo was the center of it all. The bar staff are just holding off the other customers from having an uproar.

“ Myungsoo, what are you doing? Why are you so drunk? Come on let’s go home” the younger boy immediately came to his friend’s side.

“ Oh. Whar you doin ‘ere?” Myungsoo slurred, “ come on, let’s drink!! Whohoo!”

 Why is he still drinking?” Sungjong asked the waiter attending the latter before turning his attention to the situation at hand.

“ He threatened to start another fight and close us if we didn’t. We were instructed to take care of Mr. Kim above anyone else.” the man who introduced himself as the bar manager answered instead.

 

Don’t tell me this place is also owned by his brother?Sungjong thought as he took the wine bottle away from Myungsoo’s hand.

 

“ Ey! Give it ’ere!” the older boy tried to take back the bottle but Sungjong already handed them to the back. When he saw it gone Myungsoo beckoned a waiter to give him another bottle.  

 

“ Kim Myungsoo, enough you’re drunk ! We’re going home, okay? Come on, get on your feet”

 

“ Noo I’m not. Come ooon Shungjong-ah I’m ghood!”

 

“ Yeah, yeah you are” Sungjong was already leading the older by the shoulder out the bar and into a cab waiting for them outside. Inside the car Myungsoo was still arguing to have another drink but the younger boy wouldn’t listen.

 

 Their car ride was a chaotic as Sungjong trying to dragged his boyfriend inside the house. Myungsoo kept telling the cab driver to stop at pubs they passed by, but when it didn’t work he started trashing and angrily told off the driver. He even tried to open the car door despite the car moving and the younger boy had to pull him back inside.

 

“ What happened? Aren’t you suppose to be with Sungyeol right now?”

 

For a moment it would seem that Myungsoo sobered up hearing the familiar name, “ no, nothing happened. I just want to drink that’s all haha” the older boy was smiling but his eyes says how much alcohol there probably is in his system.

 

 

“ Did something happened?”

 

…Silence…

 

“Something did happened? What it is this time?” When Myungsoo didn’t make a move to answer he stood up, “ I’m going to upstairs to get some clothes, just … just don’t do anything, okay?”

 

“ wah-haha Shungjong-ah yhou worry tooo much… like thiiiiiis muuuuch!” Myungsoo opened his arms wide open into the air.

Upstairs Sungjong took some clothes, towel and laid them on the bed. he was thinking of just sleeping downstairs since carrying Myungsoo up the stairs proved more difficult than getting him out of the bar. After deciding that it’s better they sleep downstairs he heard a crash.

 

In the kitchen the latter was sitting on the floor leaning by the side of the wall with a half empty bottle of another wine, beside him a broken glass lay bare. The older boy was laughing through his tears slugging down the liquor.

 

“ Myungsoo! What are you doing stop drinking already, you’re going to hurt yourself!” Sungjong jump to his feet to lift the former’s hand off the broken shards.

 

“ all this time…” Myungsoo mumbled underneath his breath

 

“ I don’t know what happened but you should do things like this, Sungyeol would never want to see you like this.”

 

“ Ha… he doesn’t care, never did.”

 

“What happened?” Sungjong gently asked as he was aiming to take away the wine bottle on the older boy’s hand.

 

“ nothing, I told you. Nothing” Myungsoo said taking another drink.

 

“ you wouldn’t be like this if nothing happened. You…  

 

“ I said I’m fine! D****t! Leave it! Everything’s fine!” this time Myungsoo’s voice raised in anger.

 

“ You were saying that but you’re crying! You look like a mess, you went and looked for war! This is just like the first time I knew you! Are you trying to destroy your life? People are trying to help you why can’t you see that? I want to help you! But how can I when every time I try to get close to you you just brush me off!” Sungjong almost choked on his words as he felt his warm blood rushing to his head, “ I can leave everything as though all is fine, it’s not. All I’m asking is to talk to me so I can now how to help…”

“ Would you die for love? ” Myungsoo's expression changed as he looked at his friend, " if the one you like begs you to die, would you?

 

“ what?”

 

“ ha-ha all this time, he never did try to love me. I was just this kid he had to look for. S***@$@#^$%&$!! Myungsoo cursed kicking things in his way. “ I thought…I thought he could learn to love me but… F***S***F****!!!!!

 

“ Myungsoo, please put down the bottle. ” the younger boy calmed down as he began to soothe the raging anger in front of him, “You had enough”

“ Ha! Funny! That’s what he told me too,

 “ F*** Myungsoo I’ve had enough. I don’t F****** care what you do he said. And now you’re also telling me that! Everything! All those stupid times we spent trying to make him understand, things I did to make him like me. Useless!!

Nothing!” the older boy mocked himself like a madman, emptying the content of the bottle into his system.

“ No, it’s not.” Sungjong quietly answered.

“ What? I swear…. I don’t understand you”

“ What we did, those decisions. They’re not useless.” the younger boy stood his ground trying not to let his tears escape.

“ and what are they? You know what? Hell I don’t care” Myungsoo tried to walked straight but he fell stumbled and fell on his knees. His friend came t help him stand but the latter suddenly hugged him by the legs and started crying.

 

The younger boy slowly kneeled and hug his boyfriend back as they gradually fell on the cold floor.

 

“ you’re right… *hic I really am *hic an idiot” the older boy’s speech was slurring by the minute. “ am, *hic sorry. I’m hic* happy you’re here. We’re pals… hic* the best.” The film student said crying while still hugging Sungjong as they lay on the floor, “ Shungjong-ah, hic… me”   Myungsoo nestled himself on the nook of Sungjong’s neck.

 

“ I like hic* *hic You” the drunken roommate whispered close to his friend’s ears. “ I like you”

 

“ hahaha, funny” Sungjong was smiling as he gently hugged his friend back, “ it’s really funny.

 

Me too, I really like you too”

 

Sungjong couldn’t remember anything after that except the warm tears of Myungsoo on his neck and his tears, trickling down his eyes. For how long they stayed with their bodies close to each other he didn’t care, at that point even getting wasted isn’t enough for him to forget the moment when Myungsoo stared straight into his eyes and brought their lips together before the latter sunk into a deep sleep.

 

 Myungsoo, Im sorry. Im not fit to be your friend.

Im sorry, I love you  

 

......................................................................IDeviant..........................................................................................................