Dinner Date in disguise

Seven Days

“You ! Why did you do that?!” Sungjong blurted out the moment they were alone in the street walking. He had been kicking Myungsoo by the leg but he doesn’t have enough energy to bring any harmful damage. More like if a stranger sees them from afar Sungjong would look like a puppy playfully rough housing a bigger puppy.

            “I just did out of reflex, I promise I didn’t want to tease you!” Myungsoo was all smile.

            “I really, really want to kill you” Sungjong sighed as he remembers the little accident at the store. He had knew that the students who walked in was from their campus and probably aware of who they are. He tried to act his part and show that they’re actually dating. But Myungsoo went overboard by suddenly hugging him and acting all giddy and happy just from the small gesture.

            Sungjong was too surprised that his "boyfriend" was already out the door when he was able to gather himself back to reality. When he looked at the guys from their school they were looking at their phones and typing furiously.

            “Hey, Yah! Lee Sungjong where are you going?” Myungsoo suddenly called out at his “boyfriend”. The other responded by looking back.

            “What are you doing?” Sungjong asked.

            “Calling out for a taxi, I’m taking you out tonight for dinner remember?” Myungsoo said. “I don’t have a car yet but if I ever have one you’ll be the first to get a free ride.”

            “Then you should start saving by taking the bus now” Sungjong pulled Myungsoo away from the street before the older boy could complain or even call for a ride, he then drags him to the nearest bus station.

            Less than half an hour later with five minutes of walking from the bus stop included, Sungjong and Myungsoo found themselves in front of a fancy looking restaurant at the lobby of a high rise famous hotel. The building was so tall you’ll hurt your neck if you try to look up. Sungjong can’t even pronounce the name on the restaurant and everyone’s dressed too nicely for him to even belong among them.

            “Come let’s go in” Myungsoo gently ushered his “boyfriend” in but Sungjong was no way in hell would dare to go in such a good-looking place.

            “Hey, hold on. This isn’t really a place for someone like me. Let’s just go someplace else” Sungjong tries to play his way out but Myungsoo was already pushing him in the front door where a smart-looking waiter was standing.

            “Good evening youn… sir, would you like me to direct you to your reserved seats?” the waiter asked while humbly bowing.

            “Yes please” Myungsoo.  

            “Please follow me.” Sungjong had no choice after their coats were taken but to abide meekly. He stole glances from the other diners and felt nervous. Heck even the waiters are good looking! But where are we going? The waiter did not even asked our names!

            The waiter led them into an elevator and pressed a small blue button. Then the lift started moving and he could tell they’re going up.

            A few minutes later the door opened at the hotel’s main restaurant and bar. It’s a more casual vibe but nonetheless a venue Sungjong would like to think as a place not for a simple burger and fries guy like me.

            “Here we are” The waiter made a small gesture with his hand to direct them to their seats.

            “Thanks, Taemin. I owe you” Myungsoo gratefully tapped the waiter by the shoulder.

            “It’s nothing young master… sir” the waiter slipped with his words but Sungjong doesn’t seemed to hear them as he was captivated by the aerial city view in front of him. Taemin, hastily left to get their menus as both Myungsoo and Sungjong settled on their seats.

            “Nice isn’t it?” Myungsoo asked sitting across the younger boy.

            “The lights looked light tiny fireflies! It’s like a million-dollar view man!” Sungjong couldn’t hide the delight in his voice. 

            “I know you would like this view so I brought you here”

            “But, this place looked really expensive.” Sungjong began to worry. He was already thinking of just ordering coffee or something as long as it’s inexpensive.

            “Hey relax, my treat. This is to thank you for helping me and also an apology for ditching our plans before” Myungsoo said.

            “Just how rich are you Kim Myungsoo?” Sungjong whispered under his breath as the waiter appears with their menu.

            “I told you I’m not. I just happen to get some work on using computers.” Myungsoo said as they began to look at the menu.

            Sungjong suddenly felt dizzy seeing the prices of the food, not to mention how extravagant they are to hear. Myungsoo sensing the uneasiness glides his free hand across the table to gently tap Sungjong’s hands that were laid on the table.

            “Hey, if you keep thinking about weird unnecessary stuffs I’ll order the whole menu” He said smiling without looking up from the page.

“It’s not that… I just” Sungjong tried to explain.

 “I know you don’t like places like this but I just wanted to properly thank you for everything, I hope you don’t think of this as something wasteful.” Myungsoo finally looked up from the menu and straight into Sungjong’s eyes. “Please?”

            D*ng this idiot. He knew just knew what to say. You sly fox. Sungjong sighed, “Don’t blame me if you go broke after this”

            “Haha, if I do. I’m not worried after all we still have the kimchi at the fridge you bought for me right?”

            “Kimchi?” Sungjong asked.

            “The one you bought when we’re at the super. You even put my name on it” Myungsoo made him remember.

            “Oh that one?” Sungjong suddenly exclaimed. wait how long was that kimchi again?

            “Next time, let’s try making some” Myungsoo said as he made a gesture with his hand and the same waiter appeared almost immediately.

            “Sungjong what do you want?”

            “Eugh? Uhm, I haven’t really… what are you having? I’ll just have the same” Sungjong said putting down the menu.

            “You sure?”

            “Yeah”

            “Ok. Then we’ll have tonight’s special along with bruschetta with grill-roasted beets and goat cheese for appetizers. For the dessert I leave it to your expertise” Sungjong watched in awe as Myungsoo went in to their orders like a real gentlemen he sees on those old movies. He was lost on the first sentence on how fluent Myungsoo is. Who knew that this clingy childish friend of his can be such a smooth talker? Sungjong can clearly see girls falling for such an impressive guy. “Oh and tonight we’ll just have the house blend BF cocktails*

            “You’re not having your usual wine sir?” the waiter glance at Myungsoo.

            “No, I’m not drinking tonight unless he says I can” the latter made small nod to Sungjong.

            “Oh, I see. Then will there be anything you want to add sir?” the waiter asks the younger boy with a smile.

            “Uhm, no that’ll be all please” Sungjong replied.

            “Then I shall be back with your orders”

            “You’re really not drinking?” Sungjong asked in a careful tone after they were left alone.

            “Nope”

            “Really?” Sungjong pried.

            “If you ask again I’m going to kiss you” Myungsoo calmly said flashing his white teeth.

            Instead of starting another war Sungjong simply choose to shut his mouth as he stared outside the window. He counted the number of lights on the buildings opposite them imagining families having dinner together, he busied himself chasing small orbs of light that would have been the headlights of a car below and from time to time he can see some lights go on some went off. Soon he completely forgot where he is. Myungsoo on the other hand did not say anything as he quietly observe his friend, well “boyfriend”.

            When their food arrive Sungjong was surprised at how much food they actually ordered.  Some even look unreal they should belong to a museum.

            Sungjong looked at Myungsoo with anticipation waiting for him to give the go signal. It’s amazing how food can really change the younger boy’s attitude, from being cautious and wary kitten to a domestic kind of change. For the rest of the evening they talk on small trivial matters, forgetting momentarily the real world and just talk like friends.

            “I like dogs, but cats are nice too” Sungjong said. “How about you?”

            “Me? I never really thought of it before but probably a cat?” Myungsoo replied in question.  We used to have a big dog but he was already of old age even when I was kid.”

            “Oh I see. We don’t really keep pets but we used to feed strays on the way home to school as kids. Sometimes I wonder what happened to them. I hope they found their owners”

            “They probably did” Myungsoo wanted to say they probably died off in the street somewhere but the way his friend look he couldn’t do it.

            “In the future I’ll like to have a cat and a dog if possible”

            “A cat and a dog? Aren’t they natural enemies?”

            “Not really, I saw a video once that a cat and a dog got along together. I think getting along depends on the situation and people”

            “Yeah?” Myungsoo pauses and look at Sungjong, “I guess you’re right”

            “How about you?” Sungjong asked.

            “Me? Hmm probably a kiss waiting by the door when I arrive home and a “welcome back home”” Myungsoo said taking a sip of the cocktail. “While dressed in a cute apron”

            “You… you’re hopeless” Sungjong shook his head in pity for his friend.

            “What? Let the guy dream!” Myungsoo laughed at his friend.

            “Whatever man, you win” Sungjong said hands down. How come this guy can turn every innocent conversation into something way out of range?

            “I never really had someone say “welcome home” to me just like a family would, so I kinda wondering what it feels like” this time Myungsoo stared at the looming view with a melancholic smile pasted on his face.

            “Sheesh if that’s all you want I can do that” Sungjong said without thinking.

            “You would?” Myungsoo asked in a surprise tone. “Then I’ll but a cute frilly and laced apron tomorrow”

            “Idiot! What I meant was the “welcome home” greeting! Just like a family, like a family! What were you even thinking!?” Sungjong exploded.

            “I just kinda thought that it would look good on you” Myungsoo said.

            “I’m a guy? I don’t do drag!” Sungjong was glaring at his “boyfriend” it kinda reminds you of a small cute kitten trying to pick a fight with the big cat next door.

            “It’s strange...” Myungsoo mumbled to himself as he glance at Sungjong. “Yeah, definitely, but it’s really strange”

            “Strange what?” Sungjong asked.

            “That I can imagine a guy wearing it and still look incredibly fine” Myungsoo said thinking out loud.” Yup, a cute maid outfit would definitely suit you… I mean you have good… oh crud” I’m in deep, deep trouble now. Myungsoo thought as he realized he was saying out loud what he was thinking.

            “Please forgive me” Myungsoo was on his knees.

           If it wasn’t for the fact that they were in a restaurant with a lot of people before he would’ve gotten punched already but Sungjong instead stayed quite even until they arrived at the dormitory.

            “No, you’re sleeping on the floor” the latter firmly said throwing a thin mattress and a blanket at Myungsoo.

            “But…I can’t”

            “No buts, here, pillows. You did it before right? You can do it again” Sungjong said, not an ounce of mercy can be felt in his voice as he took the extra pillows out.

            “Aww, come on” Myungsoo cooed his roommate but Sungjong ignored him and pretended to go to sleep. The younger boy made sure to stretch out his body evenly out on the bed so that Myungsoo wouldn’t have the chance to climb on.

            Myungsoo, like an abandoned dog rested his head on the bed trying to get his “boyfriend’s” attention but failed miserable. He then reaches out to gently poke the boy on the shoulder but he received no reaction.

            Later Sungjong woke and saw Myungsoo fell asleep sitting on the floor by the bedside holding at the hem of his shirt while hugging a pillow. The sight was enough to made the younger boy smile with a small tug of guilt at his chest.

            The next morning Myungsoo felt the hard floor on his back but surprisingly he slept well. A ton of pillows were gathered around him as he tried to get up thinking of a way to appease Sungjong. As he tried to move, he can feel something warm move under the thick blanket. He glance up on the bed and it was empty.

            “So that’s why…” Myungsoo said something only he himself can understand. He then huddles back into the sheets and in the morning rays of sun stares at Sungjong’s sleeping face. Just as he usually does, like a routine, he gently pokes the small pigment on Sungjong’s nose bridge and silently giggles like a kid. 

 

...................................................IDeviant.................................................. 

How well did you think their first dinner date... I mean thanks giving dinner for two went? 

Are you a cat  or a dog person? 

this was just suppose to be a short special chapter but before I knew it it was already a whole chapter worth of words! Fruitful isn't it? hahaha I hope you enjoy