Revealed

Seven Days

 Woohyun looked at his dongsaeng’s boyfriend. Myungsoo has always been a little bit of mystery to him, friendly yet aloof, somehow possessive yet here he is now thinking like an adult.

 

“Somehow I envy you two”

“Us?”

Woohyun was about to answer when Myungsoo’s phone lit up. It was Sungjong. A sudden change of expression flashed across the young man’s face.

 

Sungjong:

I forgot I had to do something, you don’t need to wait up for me.

You can go home and rest, I’ll go to work on my own.

End 

 

Myungsoo:

Where are you going?

Need help?

 

Sungjong:

 

 No, I’m fine. I’ll wait for you after work.

  

Myungsoo could only sigh as he resigned to the last message. “Augh, I wish he’d really stop working” he said thinking out loud. His hyung just gave him a pat on the back for a little support.

 

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

Lately he’s been leaving school earlier than usual. It’s like he’s hiding something to me and every time we were together he looks at me like he wants to say something.

My nightmares are getting worse every night, I want to tell Sungjong about it but if he starts to treat me differently … I don’t want that to happen. I already found a friend who’s willing to stick to me despite seeing my flaws. If he knew what kind of person I am, he would definitely leave me.

Because of my uselessness even the person I like has left me. If Sungjong leaves now, I don’t think …

 

End of POV

 

 Myungsoo, are you alright?” Sungjong lightly touched his “boyfriend’s” forehead while they were walking from work. The older boy was holding Sungjong by the left hand as they walked the street near their flat carrying a bag of groceries on the other.

“no I’m fine, I’m just thinking about something”

“you know, about my work” Sungjong paused seeing an ice cream truck not far from them, “ Why don’t we get some?”

The rest of the evening was quiet, They made dinner then talked about their class till late at night. By the time they went to bed Myungsoo was exhausted and fell asleep holding unto his “boyfriend’s arm.

Sungjong silently observes the sleeping boy next to him. He reaches to slightly part the hair on Myungsoo’s hair and adjusts the blanket over to the latter’s chest. He glanced at the window and saw the moon was halfway to it’s full bloom.

 

“I’ll tell you a story” Sunggyu quietly said after a sip of tea.

 

Sungjong was perplexed to see an unfamiliar number flashing on his phone. When he takes the call he could tell Sunggyu was grinning on the other line.

 

“What do you want?” Sungjong asked in a bored monotonous voice.

“I was thinking if you’re done with class we could meet, I saw this new cafe let’s meet now. My driver is waiting for you at the usual gate.”

I’m busy I have to work on my project and…

There was an accident, it started it all. Sunggyu paused as the other line went silent.

What’s the name of the cafe?

Indigo shop,

Fine, I’ll come.

There’s an undeniable smile playing on Sunggyu’s face as the call ended.

 

When Sungjong arrived the other party is already sitting in one of the seats away and almost hidden to customers. He took a deep breathe and walk straight to where the older guy was waiting.

 

“Let me tell you a story” Sunggyu said after hey settled and answered Sungjong’s question on why he keeps on talking to the young boy instead of Myungsoo.

 

The young boy could only sighed and surrendered to the conversation.

 

Once there was a simple girl from a family of hardworking merchants. She was fair and beautiful as they say, innocent and listens to his parents. So when they decided to marry her into a family of another merchants he kept her secret.

You seem she already had a lover, a simple hard-working employee from a nearby factory. She’s in love but then their business is ailing, a cliche story in a time where economic crisis is rampant. So, she got married to a young man of his parent’s choice. A year later they had a son everyone was happy except her, she longed for her lover and wanted to be reunited with him but he disappeared and it was said that he went work in a far away place.

 

Sungjong held his breath. He can’t seem to interrupt the story.  

 

The woman tried to keep herself busy, working hard trying to work up as a god housewife yet inside her she want nothing more than to be free from the chains that binds her. She loved her son more than anything else and devoted her time to him.

People said the kid was special, at two he could read and write. Understand human speech in a profound sense and is learning language too young for his age.

 

Everything was fine until, one day, before his third birthday the boy suddenly fell ill. They rushed him into the hospital and the doctors tended to him. After a series of tests they found that the boy had a a rare disease that if left untreated would slowly kill inside.

That boy needed a bone marrow transplant but it was hard to find a match. The woman felt helpless and cried each day. His husband was worried, he loved his family and did everything he could to save the boy. Then the hospital found a donor and the transplant was made.

The doctors said that in the future the boy may need another transplant, this time in a more compatible donor if possible. None of the parents is a match, nor their family members. During that time studies shown that siblings have shown high compatibility for transplant procedures.

 

The noise of the customers around the shop seemed to have drowned in the calm voice of the narrator. Sunggyu took small breath and continued,

 

A year after the surgery was made, another baby was born into the family. Unlike his brother he’s a healthy little boy.

Their life went became normal again. The woman would take care of his sons and his husband would come home from work bringing gifts for his kids. They’re a simple merchant family but he worked hard to support his family and their workers. He and his wife never fought and the kids grew in what everyone called a happy family.

However there are times when the woman would look out the window and think of how happy her life if he were married to the one she loved.

The kids grew in a loving family, but when the older son was eleven he had a fever. Then the fight started, ever night the younger boy could hear the sound of furniture being trashed in the house. The next morning he would still be asleep when she would left for the hospital. 

 

The older boy paused to check his listener.

 

Not long after that that first son came home weak and pale. His little brother could only talk to him through the door but his brother assured him everything was fine.

 

one night, the younger brother was asleep when his brother woke him up.

 

“Be quiet and come with me” the big brother said. Together they walked up to the attic,

 

The little brother asked why his older brother was out of his room and not in his night clothes but the latter said nothing until the door was shut.

 

“Never come out of the room, if you do mother will die” the brother said to the young eight -year old boy. “ look at the window and wait till the sun had risen. If you heard someone calling your name, if you hear her call you never answer. Do you understand”

 

This time Sungjong couldn’t help but look the the person in front of him. Sunggyu had been indifferent towards the story until now when their eyes met the latter smiled at him and for no apparent reason Sungjong felt sad.

 

“Why would he lock his younger brother in the attic?”

“Well you see the older brother was afraid that his mom would choose his younger brother over him. He had been sick for quite sometime and it’s a pain to take care of him.”

 

“But no mother would…” Sungjong was about to argue when his phone sounded from his bag.

 

It was Myungsoo.

 

........................................................................Ideviant.....................................................................................................................

Got really budy with work I'm sorry I got sidetrack. I was doing a lot of research for the story and sometimes I would spend a few ours trying to figure out Myungsoo's complicated Family backound!! LOL