Nightmares

Seven Days

“I duly apologize for my mistake, I wasn’t well informed and when I saw you I just assumed you’re a lady with a short hair.”

... are you okay?” Sungjong said looking at guy’s left cheek.

“Perfectly fine, I would like to assume it was only fitting for me to be slapped when I’ve insulted someone upon first meeting.”

For who knows what the reasons of the universe are Sungjong found himself facing a guy in a suit sitting in an upright almost aristocratic manner drinking a cup of coffee with his gloves on, on a cafe whose customers are mostly girls.

The two looked like a sore thumb among the crowd and with Sunggyu’s left cheek in deep red from his former actions, Sungjong could tell the waiter was looking at them with an expression, “ are these aliens or something?”.

When the guy called Sunggyu introduced himself as Myungsoo’s brother something deep inside him just spells trouble. Not once did Myungsoo ever talk about his family, if it wasn’t for the fact that he accidentally heard a past conversation that he would knew the latter to even have an older brother.

Even when they were already living in the same roof they haven’t really talked much on family matters. It’s not like Sungjong want to pry about it, he understand the feeling that you don’t want to talk about something you want to keep hidden so he never really tried to pester his “boyfriend” asking about it.

After all, he has something he’s hiding too but when he was about to leave Sunggyu asked about his brother’s nightmares.

“Are you not enjoying yourself?” the younger boy was shook awake hearing Sunggyu’s voice, “ I was pretty sure young people like coffee shop nowadays, I even asked a friend about it”

“No I’m good, but I believe it’s not the case why we’re here, you said about Myungsoo’s nightmares, how long has he been suffering from it?” Sungjong decided to get into business. I wonder if the friend he’s talking to is that person.

“ I told you that I would tell you about my brother’s nightmares but as his lover shouldn’t you be aware of it already?” Sunggyu puts his cup down and stare at the young student.

Sungjong couldn’t say anything.

“He started having nightmares when he was eight years old, at a certain point we had to keep doctors with him around the clock.

His condition is more like of a ticking time bomb, it appears only a certain time of the year in a gradual manner and get worst as the day passes by. It’s already the end of fall and he shows no sign of going home, usually he’s already struggling to even get out of his room much more go to school.

I guess he never tells you anything?” Sunggyu finishes.

“ I don’t want to force him into telling me anything, if he wished not to then I’m not going to press him.” Sungjong hid his hand under the table covering his right hand with his left.

“yet you are here, why is that?” the Sunggyu didn’t move, only lips and his eyes fixed on the person in front of him.

“I want to help him sleep… even if there’s no one else beside him” the architect student said looking down.

There was a moment of silence on both side then Sungjong hear a small clink of the cup against the small porcelain plate.

“ Let me cut to the chase, you’re not the first person that he used to avoid his treatment.To him, you’re just an excuse and as the person seeing his succession in the family, I don’t want the same things to happen like last time did.” Sunggyu was stoic. “ He must be too desperate this time that he even dated you”

Sungjong could feel the indignation rising up inside of him, his hands clenched into fists as he finally meet the eyes of the person in front of him.

“There must be a reason why he doesn’t want to come home. If these occurs since he was eight why until now you can’t cure his condition? You said it yourself, something has changed for whatever the reason it may be. Myungsoo is a strong a person he just need someone to let him know it.”

“And I guess that person is you?”

“No, it doesn’t have to be me. Who knows it could be you,” Sungjong looked like a different person, he talked with a calm demeanor looking at the person in front of him, “ I’m not the only person he has right now, if you want him to come home then you have to ask him yourself. Whatever he chooses it’s up to him if what you say is true, then be it ”

“ You have a part job at a convenience store, how much do you need and I’ll double it… but then talking to you I realized you’re the type of person who can’t be swayed with money, am I correct?” Sunggyu leans forward with a mysterious smile on his eyes, “ and frankly, I’s starting to see you in a different light”

“ ha…?”

“ I thought my brother likes you for your face but surprisingly he never disappointed me in his decisions, that includes you.”

“ Yeah… right.”  now I can really see the blood relation, both likes to talk crazy!

“ I wonder…” Sunggyu reaches across the table to touch Sungjong’s cheeks but the latter quickly retreated back in his seat.

“Yah keep ya’r hand you yer self!” Sungjong burst out the tables near them turn to look. “ Ah, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to do that” quick to burst quick to calm down, as he apologized to the other customers.

When he turn to apologize to Sunggyu the older boy was clutching his stomach as if in pain.

“Ah, hey you alright?”

“No… I’m good. It’s just that… you looked” Myungsoo’s older brother no longer can’t hold in his laughter and went off laughing.  

at first glance I can’t tell if they’re brothers but these have the same crazy attitude.

Interesting, you truly are *chuckles. Why don’t you choose me instead?” Sunggyu’s words came out of nowhere.

O.O???

“My brother was chosen to continue our bloodline, he was born for that purpose. Eventually he will succeed the company, marry someone and have a family. So why don't you choose someone instead? I mean I wouldn't mind” Sunggyu said with a grin on his face. 

“Boss you alright?” the driver bodyguard asked his employer upon seeing Sunggyu came out of the cafe holding his left cheek.

Before that Sungjong was seen coming out of the cafe looking quite furious.

“Sir are you alright?” the driver/bodyguard asked his boss coming out of the cafe with a swollen red face.

“I’m fine, start the car. ” Myungsoo’s brother commented touching and biting the small bleeding wound on his lips, “you owe me, twice.” there was a grin on his face as he watched the direction where Sungjong left.

“Sir, should we continue to tail him?” the driver asked as they drove in the opposite direction.

“Did I order for it to stop?” Sunggyu asked, “ I don’t have much time and I want everything to be in order.”

“Yes sir”

 

 

 

 

.....................................................................IDEviant................................................................................ 

before I knew I'm already writing for chapter 42! I can't believe this LoL, thank you guys. seeing your comments and stuff gives me strentgh to write. 

It's time for the Kim Family to be introduced (Soon!!)! I was thinking how Sunggyu bit his lips and I actually froze for a minute and then laughed too hard xD.